March 10 Check in Wednesday 3rd**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today will be Muscle Max for me...I know that one is tough. Thankfully, my muscles feel pretty good. No lingering DOMS from Monday...

Ok, time to start my day and get those kids out of bed. They have PE class today...

Good Morning!!

Although it is snowing and cloudy today. Depressing. Yesterday was a tease, it was 50 out! (although I was freezing cold w/ goosebumps all day for some weird reason). It will come back, right???

So you know how I was dreading Jake's First Communion parents' meeting yesterday? They ended up having this wonderful nun speaker, and she was so uplifting and amazing. She actually helped me ... I've been feeling so "blah" about Lent and religion. For Lent, I decided to say the Rosary before I go to sleep each night. Well, i was doing it, but thinking about other things, not really feeling it, just saying the words and feeling really lackadaisical about the whole thing. Just "getting through it". This speaker really brought up some good points and made me feel better. I decided instead to start reading out of this Bible I have , (A Woman's Daily Devotions , or something like that) , instead of reciting the Rosary. And I feel refocused.

Hey, so maybe I'll learn something really worthy at Zach's Band Concert tonight, ya think?????

I forgot to tell you guys too how horrible Jake's class was yesterday for reading group. Once again, they had a substitute, and I ended up with the "unruly" kids. OMG, my group was so bad. they just kept fooling around and not paying attention. I felt like such an ass, I wanted to get out of there ASAP! And actually, when the clock hit 10:00, i was out the door waving, while the other mom was helping put the room back together. Whatever! Don't make me go there again!!!

Kathy: Yep! Doing MM with ya today! It's a long one, huh? I'm not so excited about it, but maybe I'll get into it more once I start. I actually had little to no DOMS from Mondays ME. Weird. Only my abs!

Joanne: OMG, that woman with your religious ed sounds horrible!!! They better not be strict like that here with going to church,. because my boys won't be confirmed. Aint happening! ... And I guess we're all damned to hell too :eek::eek:

Beth: Hope the rain lets up a little and everyone's "bits" get cleaned! OMG, you are too funny!... Kids don't really mind the rain, (or for that matter, dirty bits!). .. You are crazy, you will do old Jane Fonda and not Cathe? I actually think I have an old Jane VHS step video. I should pull it out for shits and giggles!!..

Hottie: I agree. Don't be so hard on yourself. Do your best, and whatever you need to cope right now is fine! And I saw you're fitting in skinny jeans, so no worries!!! you're not doing so bad, see????... Good that your therapist is helping some. Bad that science is giving you a hard time too!

Better go start MM, it's a LONG LONG workout , that somehow, I'm making myself dread (BECAUSE it's so long!)

Last edited:
Good morning!! It is pouring and windy here again. Larry just noticed we've had 33" of rain since January, and that was after a high rainfall during the fall. A wet year. I'm at home today -- hope the power sticks with me!

Chris, that's great about the speaker last night! So nice to get boosts like that, especially when it's unexpected. I wouldn't be counting on it for the band concert! :D

I won't really do Jane Fonda.... that's what I realized as I was typing it. Just nostalgic, you know?

This morning I did Athletic Step -- loved it! Except for that surprise ending which I had completely forgotten about. I had all the steps down (as much as I get them down, I think), so it was good. I keep meaning to tell you guys that I cannot believe Cathe never stretches the quads in Shock Cardio stretches.... but she proved me wrong this morning. All the other ones seem to neglect it so I have to add it in.

Seems like I missed some posts from yesterday, but I'm using Larry's laptop (only one with working internet), so may not get to it for a while. Skinny jeans, Hottie? Awesome! That's gotta' feel great!

Have a wonderful day, in spite of the weather where you are. Yes, Chris, better weather will come back!!!

Chris: That is such great news that the nun speaker inspired you...I love when the priest at mass really gets me thinking during the homily. That wonderful. Lauren is preparing for Confirmation and there is so much to do. She will make that next year...I get chilled that way some days and I end up drinking coffee and tea like crazy to get rid of the chill...Yes, MM is a long one. Not looking forward to it either. But, once I get started it won't be so bad...

Beth: That is alot of rain. Kind of like all the snow we got this winter so far..I always forget about those blast/drills at the end too. I always think I have more stepping to do based on the time remaining on the DVD player..

ok, back to school lessons!!

Yep, once again, proved wrong..

REALLY liked MM! I'm kinda digging the total body weight workouts. It's not concentrated so much on ONE body party, where I'm thinking of screaming UNCLE UNCLE!. Once UNCLE comes to mind, we move on to another body part! Cool. Hope you get into it too, Kathy!

I guess not going to church so much is not only damning me to hell, but I think I miss the spiritual messages too. Maybe that's why I'm feeling the way I do. The Sister was so sweet and so positive, and she'd done SOOO much for the poor and for underpriveleged kids. I think the best thing she said was that there were times she would just sit through Mass and go through the motions and not feel it. And it made me feel better that someone of her faith and beliefs could feel similiar to what I was. ... sorry to babble on about it...

Beth
: Holy cow, and I thought OUR weather was depressing! that is a ton of rain!! and clouds and puddles and such. How are you feeling? ...Plus, yeah, that stuff can't be good for your lungs either. All that dampness. How is that going? My snotty nose has FINALLY let up. I think! *fingers crossed for no more snots*. ..... Athletic Step is on tap for next week for me! Can't wait now!! I've forgotten the entire workout, to tell you the truth. Haven't done it in forever!

I have no plans all day except to catch up on DVRd TV, laundry and figure out dinner. Chillin!

Hi ladies!! Workout today was Cardio Core Conditioning or Circuit - can never get the name right! Anyway, not sure if I love it or hate it! ;) I was thisclose to putting in Tonique instead, but decided I always seem to fizzle out on rotations - I am going to finish this one!! Good workout, but not so fun in spots! I'm doing a bit better on some of the tougher moves, like those hops into push-ups. I do the modification, but that's still tough.

A great night last night! I am so proud of my boys!! Ian received the Mustang Award at school, which is given to one boy and girl from each team (about 100 kids) each semester. It's for academics, school spirit, etc. He was so excited - he had it taped on the front door so I would see it when I got home. I was hugging him and telling him how proud I was, then I look at him and say OMG what happened to your nose???? It was all red and cut up. He said he got into a snowball fight and lost. ;) At the bus stop in morning. Oh yea, and they took a picture of him with his award (and nose). Wonder if it'll be in the yearbook?? Then Jameson hands me a letter from his high school to be. He won a scholarship for scoring in the top twenty in the entrance exam. It's about 15% of his tuition. Very exciting night. We took them out to dinner to celebrate.

Chris, how very cool about the speaker at the communion meeting. I love to get inspired like that! Instead of just going through the motions, you know? I kind of like Muscle Max - how it mixes in the leg work. It is long, though. That is so frustrating when you're trying to do something nice for kids and they are being brats! That's what I love about the little kids (K, 1st) - they are so innocent and appreciate everything. Well, usually.

Beth, do you have any contact with Travis at science camp? I'm sure they are having fun. Ugh - that rain stinks! Athletic Step is fun! What's at the end - see, I forgot, too. Some kind of drills, right?

Kathy, sounds like you and Chris are procrastinating on MM. Just kidding! Enjoy!

Have a good day all!

Joanne

Joanne! Wow, what a great night you guys had! That's very cool about both boys -- very exciting! So funny about the picture and the nose.

I think I'll do CCC as my "hiit" this coming week. So many people seem to be talking about it and I think we all agree that even though it's not on the hiit disc, it feels hiit!! You're also making me want to do MM. I know what you mean about liking the total body workouts if you haven't done them in a while.

Chris, I think you should go on and on about the nun! We all need a little inspiration sometimes. And, it's good to remember that even people who work in a certain profession can sometimes not be as into their profession as you think they might be..... whatever that profession is, you know?

My crud is completely gone so my lungs are as good as they get! :)

Science camp.... no contact unless something goes wrong. We have mailed cards and I sent him with cards ready to send back to us, but I have a feeling he'll be back before we get any. So your fifth graders don't go off to science camp? I thought it was like the 8th grade trip to D.C., and schools everywhere just do that. I know when I was in 5th grade ("back in the 1900s" as my kids would say! ;)), I lived in Ohio at the time and we went to science camp. We do have a schedule of what they're doing, so I follow that, though the day time mostly says "field class", so not a lot of detail. Tonight after dinner they are theoretically going on a hike (not sure if that'll happen if the weather is bad).

I'm going through a HUGE stack of mail and I hope to finally get tax info to the accountants to get them going (both our taxes and Larry's mom, who we're responsible for). We are always late... maybe this year we won't be!!

I think I'm giving up on my 3rd row of seats......

Hi late check in -- I'm only going to just update since I'm not sure how much I exactly have for now. Joe got hit with the cold I got hit with yesterday so I left work early (and forgot to leave my pipettors to get serviced) to pick him up. We had tutoring last night (blech, calculus -- not hard but booooring) and then he was out. I woke up and have just been chugging along. Made sure Joe got his meds, went at the burnt stuff at the bottom of the pressure cooker some more, ate breakfast, did circuit blast (on three risers), showered, took Evee to a new groomer (oh, the excitement until the fear kicked in with her...poor thing. I liked them so far -- small company doing it) so she's not going to smell like smelly ass dog and she's going to get her teeth cleaned as well, went back home, took out the trash, chugged a crazy amount of water, drove down the freeway, REALIZED I forgot to release my pipettors, called up the company to personally drop them off (they live near me), ran out, donated blood, and came back here. I have to tutor at 2 (didn't want to cancel because it's the first time I'm meeting her for the new rate -- yay, $$$), but then I'm bolting out of here back to Pas. I also have to drop by the bank in a little bit to pull out the cash to pay the groomer...so...yay? But I promise I'll write to everyone tonight even if it means I'm a thread killa!

Hi Hottie! Have to ask - what's a pipettor and how do you service them? ;) Busy day for you! Evee will be all nice and fluffy and clean smelly! If not traumatized! Do they sedate her for the teeth cleaning? Tully is going to get her teeth cleaned when we board her later this month. She's going to love us when we pick her up!

Beth, no, no science camps here. No Washington DC trip either for Jameson. He is going to Milwaukee (not quite DC!) with the band, but it's not overnight. Their 8th grade trip is to Six Flags. Yes, CCC is just like the HiiT's, except there are barely any breaks. So, it's actually harder, I think. You do have the breaks for the core work, but it's not easy core work.

Joanne

I'm about out of here for the concert. And the whole damn family is going too. Joy joy! Why Alex and Jake want to sit for over 2 hours to listen to band music is baffling!... Scratch that. I talked them into not going. YAY!

Beth: Nope, no science camp here either. In 5th grade Zach DID go for an overnight to a sports adventure camp (they did canoeing , swimming, snorkeling, etc). And yes, in 8th grade the DC Trip.

Hottie: Wow. that's some day you got going there! ...

I better start getting ready...

Ok, thread killing time.

I went to the bank, did some science, tutored the new student (who happens to be a drop dead beautiful ballet dancer who decided that she's going to be a doctor but hasn't exactly been working at it), packed up, sped on the freeway, picked up clean dog, came home, munched, went to the company to service the pipettors, went to tailor to get joe's pants hemmed (I realize that i could save a ton of money if I learned how to do it myself...just not there yet), got into old pas where I picked up dinner, gorged, walked Evee, and then plopped. And I didn't get like five other things I wanted to do today...and I just broke a nail.

But I did schedule a facial in Beverly Hills for Saturday. thank you SpaWeek twitter feed for deals!

Personals!

Kathy -- Man, all your workouts are inspiring my effective rotation. But I don't think I'll do MM until the weekend or next week. I can't apparently even think of lifting because of the blood drawn (but I don't know how serious that's supposed to be -- Chris?).

Beth -- it's that challenge at the end of Athletic Step that she put into that class I went to in jersey. I'm getting better at it...I like it! I just like Cathe step a ton. Though I remember Joe saying the first time I did it -- "did she just say 'because now you've warmed up??'" I saw the FB thing about no postage postcard -- I have to say I LOL at that. We have to find an accountant soon this year or ask for an extension -- it would be the first time for us. With the new house purchase this year there are so many potential deductions and I don't have the time reading through tax code to figure them out myself. We've been trying to contact a couple people here and there but its' weird...you'd think they'd want our business! My parents NEVER let us go ANYWHERE over night with the exception of summer camps. Would never happen in the school year but we also weren't allowed to go across the street without asking...

Joanne -- think of a fancy plunger. Actually they're called micropipettes I think. It lets me dispense volumes on the 10^-6 level (microliters) -- so 1000x smaller than 1ml. They need to be calibrated (or serviced) to ensure accuracy...I use it like 1000x/day so it's important. But it's phallic so you have every right to point it out to me:
agtp17.jpg

That is SO awesome about your boys kicking ass and taking names! I want to take them out to dinner! Oh and the teeth cleaning...so I think LEGALLY only vet and vet techs can clean dog teeth but groomers over here claim to do anesthesia free comparable to that of the vet/vet tech dentist (whatever). though I think you do have to be totally certified to operate with anesthesia if you need to do it. Evee had some plaque buildup but nothing that needed a lot of work. So, I decided to bite the bullet and let them try. I'm pretty happy I did...her gums seems fine and all the plaque is gone and she has shiny teeth. Anyway, vets charge well into three figures for it...I saw one place which was a non vet charge $100 which was supposed to be a steal, but the groomer I went to said it started at $45 and it went up depending on how much work needed to be done. So, I gave her the $45. Now I have a shiny teeth, non ass smelly dog sleeping on my bed. Sweet!

Chris -- I truly miss having a church format thing in my life because of moments like that. Going to Catholic school when I was younger really shaped me -- in and out of religion -- and sometimes I wish I had something like that on a regular basis to help center and inspire me (well, other than you guys). I totally don't remember moms coming into my classes...youre amazing with how much you do!

Ok, I'm going to SLEEP!! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.