March 10 Check in Wednesday 31rst**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies....

We have got a busy day today...The kids have a playdate this morning and PE this afternoon. I am going to do FIRM Sculptilates for my workout today.I have only done it a couple of times. But, I liked it. It combines some sculpting with pilates...

Anyway, Be back later.....Have a great day!!

Good Morning!!

It's finally supposed to clear today, and then the weather for the rest of the week is going to be GORGEOUS, sunny and 70's!!!

I'm thinking of taking at least today as another stretch day. Maybe do 2 of SM segments or TBS. Or maybe a yoga! I have a bunch to choose from. I know I'm not going to be able to control myself to go for a run tomorrow!! The rest of the week will be hard for runs, since the boys will be home Friday and Saturday. ANd of course, getting ready for Easter dinner here on Sunday.

It's kind of nice not to HAVE to fit in my workout. I know I'd never give it up, but 1-1 and 1/2 hours of a workout really makes my day busier! I feel so much more laid back not "having" to do it.

Kathy: That sounds like a cool workout, Enjoy!!!

P.S. The 's were very yummy last night!!! :p

BBL!

Good morning! Running kind of late here, but hopefully I can go check your cupcake post later, Chris.

Kathy, enjoy that sculpilates-- sounds interesting.

Chris, I'm taking it easy this week and it helps me to think of you having a recovery week. I did Essentrics this morning -- one I bought when I was injured. It is a toning/stretching thing. I feel pretty good after it! Kind of that rubbery feeling, but stretched, too.

Busy day here, too!

Oh, Hottie, while I'm thinking about it..... tell me again what supplement I'm supposed to get that won't hurt and might help. I'm so bad at remembering this stuff!

Hi ladies! I'm sooooo tired! I had kind of a wishy-washy workout today, for lack of a better term!! I'm just not getting enough sleep. I tried to do Tonique 2- disc 2, but only got through about 30 minutes. I just didn't have the energy. Then I did BBL upper body and BBL rapido abs, both are only 10 minutes each. I did like the Tonique, but that warm-up is just weird! And, I'll definitely be using my own music next time.

Chris, we're supposed to be 70 today and 80 tomorrow! Can't wait! Yes, a run would definitely be great. I may try to go tomorrow morning. I think it's light a bit earlier now.

Kathy, I think I have sculpilates (surprise, right?!). Let us know how it is.

Hi Beth and Hottie!

I've been doing pretty good with my eating. Except I'm meeting a friend for lunch and the place were going is all about burgers and bad for you stuff. You know, the good stuff! I hope I can order something sensible. It seems if I go off track at all, it's all over, I can't get my self back into eating right.

BBL....

Joanne

Joanne, yep, ya' gotta' do your own warmup for tonique 2 -- I think that was a mistake, and I hope it was unintentional, you know what I mean? But on the tired.... maybe you need a day of or something? You sound really tired!!

Just try to leave some of everything on your plate at lunch -- it'll be fine.

hey guys -- i think TOM is really getting to me. I woke up and Joe was gong in late and I think he just screwed with my schedule. I wonder if this is what you guys feel with kids on the weekend? That maybe if you don't get your workout in before they start asking for attention, it doesn't happen? Anyway, I tried to do CB but I couldn't get through the WU. Just felt like crap. Came to work. Working. Tutoring. Going home. Ensue bitching...

I gotta go back to my bench but I'll try to be back later.

(Beth -- Glucosamine/Chondroiton/MSM -- with possibly hyaluranic acid though that's super super effective an injectible than orally).

Yes, Hottie, that's exactly what it feels like! Hope you feel better!! I hate it when the day is discombobulated, but it's even worse when you don't feel well.

Thanks for the names again -- any particular brand?

Chris, I had already read your last post from yesterday, but didn't realize it "took the cake" (so to speak). My kids have never asked to go to church, but I suggested it one time and everyone pretty much nixed it. The kids went to a jewish preschool, so they know more about jewish customs than anything else (though their memory of a lot of that is fading by now).

Chris, I forgot to ask you - how did your talk with Zach go?

Hottie, that is totally how I feel about working out with kids. It's much better now cause they don't get up till I wake them up during the week. But it used to be so hard when they were little. It would be so frustrating to be into a workout and then hear someone crying or calling for you - you know it's all over then. I think we both are feeling about the same today. I could barely get through my workout. Sometimes it's just not meant to be and our body is trying to tell us something.

Beth, I thought I might need a rest day, but I just took six days off! I just really need to get my butt in bed before 11:30. Getting up at 5:00 just isn't enough sleep to function. Yea, that weird pose thing at the end of the warmup is strange. Then the camera work is frustrating cause you get all off beat with what she's doing. I won't be doing that warmup again.

Lunch was great. It's 70 degrees here, so we sat outside. How nice to get out of the office and get fresh air! I rarely do that anymore, and I should do it more. I was good - I had a chicken breast and rice. It was so salty, though, not really very good, way overspiced. But, I guess somewhat healthy if you don't think about the sodium.

Joanne

Busy day. Went to Walmart, TJ Maxx (for slacks for easter, and they're just a tad tight, crap!), and the grocery store. Felt like doggy doo after putting everything away. I ended up doing 2 of the ball stretches on TBS. WOW! I loved them! I'd never done them before! These stretches are so under praised!

Sounds like we're all needing a rest this week!!! The stretches are feeling good, but I'm feeling like a bit of a slacker. BUT enjoying the extra time too.

Beth: Sounds like a good choice today. You did like a full weeks worth of workouts on the RT, really! ...

Joanne: Hope your lunch went well. I'm usually good with ordering healthy out, but there are times I am weak too. Ah! The God talk with Zach. Well, I ended up talking to my sister yesterday afternoon, and she gave me some good advice. When Zach came in the door from school, I went up to him and hugged him as tight as I could and gave him a HUGE kiss and told him I loved him! He was very confused. He said, "I thought you were mad at me? what happened" I told him we had a lot to do right now, but we'd "talk later". He was very intrigued! Went up stairs and told Greg, "Something's wrong with mom!". He kept bugging me to "talk now", but I was going to wait until after supper.

he couldn't wait that long.

i found out the MAJOR reason he made this announcement was because I had told him he had to miss baseball practice because it was the same time as CCD. He didn't want to miss baseball. (the practice ended up being canceled anyways).

So he initiated a 'talk'. told me he wanted to give "God" another chance. I talked to him about what faith is and how God always loves us no matter what. It's good to have someone, besides your parents, who loves you unconditionally. I told him how God has helped me during tough times, like when my father died. Knowing that my dad was safe with God and that he was at peace because of HIS faith was something that got me through it.

He looked really serious when I talked to him. He then asked if we could start saying blessings before dinner again.

Hottie: It is SO like that when the kids are home. They are awfully "needy" and it's hard to get that time away for a workout. I'm seriously thinking about taking Alex and Jake to the park on Friday with their bikes, and they can ride by me while I run!

Not sure if I told you guys I'm having Easter dinner for family here on Sunday. We usually have traditional ham dinner. Well, the weather is supposed to be close to 80! So we're going to have a BBQ outside instead! How cool is that?

Better go continue supper. I'm making up a roasted red pepper, mushroom and chicken pasta dish. Hope it comes out ok!!!

Not sure anyone is around still, but I'll give it a go and have cupcakes in any case (right?).

Joanne, awesome about the lunch! I don't think I would have been so good. Very nice to be able to sit outside, I'm sure! It's been rainy and cold here today -- we're back in winter! But it's not supposed to last.

Chris, when I read your post about Zach, I got tears in my eyes. You are a terrific mom! He is lucky to have you. How's the blood sugar situation by now? Scary!!!

My friend came down from SF today with her two boys. There were some stressful moments with boys not being happy with each other, but we had a great time. She wanted to hear all about the RT.... I made her promise she will go with me next year. We'll see! She's got the first tonique and I wanted to show her the second one to see if she'd like it, but she said "no, I can't get any more. It's a great workout but I just can't take any more." She's been really intrigued by P90X so I let her check out what she wanted and she was so unimpressed. I told her to borrow it and she didn't even want to try it! She's funny. I miss seeing her more often.

To bed!

sorry beth I ate two real cupcakes on top of ice cream tonight. I came home after feeling super crappy and having some kind of allergic reaction on my face. my eyes still burn. ::sigh:: but cleaning and stuff. I hope to really work it tomorrow. I'm almost done my RT blog posts (though they need some serious editing)...wanted to put it all down before I forgot! I'm sad...it doesn't seem there are any pictures of me, Cathe, and Joe on stage kickboxing. Oh well. I know it happened.

I moved up my make over day. It's going to this coming Tuesday. I need it. Eyelash perm here we come!

Beth -- I hope she does drag you to the next RT instead of the other way around! It's nice seeing friends...I want to make more of an effort about that.

Chris -- that sounds like a great talk with your boy! It's funny, because of what you said yesterday in the thread, Joe and I had this really serious conversation about God and religion and faith in general. I think we went through emotions than Zach it sounds like!

Joanne -- You know, I'm good when I eat outside...it's at home where I pig out. So, I guess I should just eat out with you all the time? ;)

Ok, I'm going to try and channel Beth and go to bed early...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.