March 10 Check in Tuesday 30th**********

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies..

I have been enjoying reading about the Road Trip. It sounded so awesome! I can understand why Cathe would be hesitant to talk about future projects. She probably wants to make sure the plans are set before she mentions them in case something happens to cancel them. I would just be happy to know that something is in the works...

Ok, yesterday I ended up doing cardio & weights..I just love that one. Today I am going to do something cardio. I may do a classic Cathe step workout, a FIRM or an Amy Bento.

Be back later to fill you in on that...

Hey Girls...

I'm off ot my yearly physical in a few. Joy joy.

Hottie, I'll think of you when I get on the scale. You made me feel better last night.

And Beth, you guys are so funny. I think when I drop the F bomb, is doesn't sound so sweet :eek:

I feel horrible this morning. Zach came downstairs with his Bible and threw it under the table. He tells me he doesn't believe in God anymore. And he has the right to believe what he wants and I can't MAKE him believe. I can't take this teenage crap, I want to go back to babies!

I hope to do a nice stretch later. I think I still have that fusion one on DVR that stretched the hips really good. ...

BBL

Good morning! Kathy, hope you enjoy your "oldie", or whatever you end up with.

Chris, good luck with your appt. On the teenage crap, I know it's probably hard, but just remember there's sort of a reason for his behavior, and it is what they do to gain independence, right? And, hello, remind me of this in about three or four years, ok?! ;) I hope it starts going better.

I had to have a rest today! I am so bloody sore! I do not understand it!! I may try to stretch later, too, Chris, because I'll bet it would feel great. Our house is quite a disaster though, so I'll be very busy with that when I get home from work. I've been doing a little bit as I do laundry, but I think I need to forget the laundry and hope I can just focus on cleaning. Need the internet to break again! :D

Hope everyone has a great day. It's stormy here -- very windy in the night. Supposed to have rain today and tomorrow and back to sun Thursday.

Hi ladies! Wow, so many posts last night! I have the other window open (tip from Beth!) so I can remember what y'all said. Yes, just got back from the south. ;)

Chris, hopefully you're already done with that yucky appt. and don't have to worry about it for another year. Oh, I'm already my yearly appt. in June when I have to get on the scale. I bet I'm up at least 10 pounds. It is so frustrating to work out all the time and gain weight!! I'm just mad at myself cause I know it's my eating. I starting logging my food and exercise on mydailyplate.com again. Hopefully that will get me back on track. Teenagers are a strange breed. Something must have happened to Zach to make him feel like that. Jameson told me a few years ago that he didn't believe in God. I know he's cynical about the whole CCD thing, but he's a good kid, so I don't worry about it too much. I think he believes now. My whole philosophy with the religion thing is I'm doing all I can to give them a foundation - if they choose to follow it when they're on their own, great, if not, I know I did what I could to help them make a good choice for themselves. How's your hand? I've done lots of stuff like that - it's like my brain turns off. That's very sad about the nurse that got fired. It's too bad they didn't try to work it out with her.

Kathy, I agree - I think Cathe doesn't want to make any announcements until she's got everything in place. Have fun with your workout today!

Beth, I think it's reasonable to be sore after working out personally with Cathe for a few days!! So far, they haven't charged our debit card for that room. I was worried it would show up twice and I can't imagine the hassle it would be to get it back. Ewwww - bedbugs!! Yuck!

Hottie, I'm sure I would be like you. I'm a really shy person and have a hard time in big groups if I don't know anyone. I think I come off as being anti-social sometimes cause I'm just not good at the small talk stuff. I have to give Joe props for going with you and being one of the very few guys! Oh - that stinks about his ankle. Hope it heals fast. I would love to do a zip line!! Someday! I can't imagine working out in sand would be easy. The scenery would be nice, but I don't think it would work too well, like Beth said. Good job on all the house cleaning. It's so funny that you say Caitlyn is evily cute!! You've got her pegged!! Good haggling on the tree stump! Who takes care of Evee while you are away? Oh yea, there were no boundaries when Tully came home. I always feel so guilty when we board her. Although they love her there and I know she's taken care of. She's in a big run and they take her for two walks everyday.

Sorry for all the random comments - trying to keep up!

Took Caitlyn and Colin to the dentist yesterday for their school check-ups. No cavities. Colin asked me on the way home if he had to brush his teeth today because "he just had a professional do it and it should last awhile." ;) He said Caitlyn will need braces, expanders, the whole works. He said they would probably start in a year. :( I think we'll delay it a bit more. Three out of four kids will have had braces. They should dedicate a brick or something in their building for us. Colin's are OK so far.

I got a new Turbokick in the mail and did the TurboSport workout this morning. Awesome!! This one is led by Janelle, Chalene's sister. She had on the oddest boots, though. Once I got past that, the workout was fun. Then I did BBL High and Tight, just the first two sections - ran out of time.

First day back at work....better get something done!

Joanne

Hey again...

Back from my physical! I didn't even want to know what the scale said, I didn't look down, but then she ANNOUNCED it out loud. Bitch. I'm not sure what I was last year (don't ask, don't tell!), but I'm sure it's up at least 5 lbs. It's funny, I had to go downstairs for bloodwork and when I got there the phone rang. It was the nurse from the doctor's office, she said to come back up before I leave. So as I'm going up the elevator, I'm thinking , "Oh! Maybe they're going to tell me the f'd up on my weight, and their scale is broken and I'm really 10 lbs lighter!?!?!)?" I truly imagined that! ... But no, instead they gave me my $20 copay back, since my insurance covers physicals. i would have rather had the 10 lbs!!!!!

I know, it's my eating too. On weekends, mostly. But you'd think I could at least even out with the working out, ya know? YOu know how hard we work out! It should count! . I think my age is catching up to me. Decreased metabolism and all. I'm doomed to have my saddle bagged big ass I do believe if I can't eat better. You'd think that would motivate me, right? ugh

I guess I'll have a talk with Zach when he comes home today. I suppose he's right. I can't MAKE him believe. And I just thought it would be better the way we practice religion , than when I was a kid. My mother forced me to go to church every week. I grew to hate it. I used to skip church with my friend and smoke cigarettes in the woods. I thought since we go to church sporadically, and they do CCD during the school year, it's not asking a lot and they couldn't possibly HATE it or be sick of it. In fact, when he was smaller, he ASKED to go to church and looked forward to the times we did, because he didn't go much. *sigh*

Beth: Oh I'm so not surprised you're so sore!! You guys worked out SO hard all weekend!!! Do the nice stretching!! You need it. Screw the housework ;). I had a friend at work tell me she drives her 2 boys to school in her PJ"s, stops on the way home for a coffee, comes home and gets ALL her chores done by 11am, so she can chill on the couch and watch TV for the afternoon. She says she NEEDS it for how busy her kids keep her the rest of the day. I like that theory!

Joanne: I'm glad I'm not alone one the extra 10 lbs. Doesn't it just suck? And why can't I snap out of my shitty eating on the weekends? I just feel like it makes me feel better when I can't sleep. Ugh. ..... I truly want Zach to choose what he wants to do for religion , but not at 14, I guess. And of course, Alex, my 10 yr old, is asking if there are religions that don't believe in God that Zach could join. oh my. ... Thanks for asking! ,, My hand is ok today. It feels like a light sunburn, just when I bend it it feels tight/burnt. No blisters. I was so pissed I did that! ... LOL @ Colin at the dentist! I understand the braces. At least they waited until Zach lost all his baby teeth. I don't think waiting is a bad thing.

gonna go do my stretch now... and putter...

Oh ya, ... wanted to ask, did Beth and Hottie buy anything at the RT? cute outfits? New equipment? DVDs? that pink sweatshirt jacket Cathe is wearing in some of the pictures is tTOOOOOO cute! I want one of those!

HI everyone..

Quick fly by...Just finished up with MMA Boxing...I looked at my list and I saw that I hadn't done boxing in a while. So, that is what today ended up being for me!

Chris: I always hate that yearly checkup. The scale is one of the worst parts!! I go in July for mine. Maybe I can shed some unwanted jiggle before then!! I know the whole religion thing must be hard...My parents never made me go. But, when I grew up; I wanted to go. Now, I don't even think about it. I just go and long to hear the homily and hope it will send me a message. Sometimes it is just a homily about some topic the priest think are important...Hope it turns around for you. I am glad I don't have to deal with it...Sending you hugs on support!!!

Joanne: Ugh!! gotta get another kid in braces huh? Well, both of mine will end up with them. Somehow we are going to have to get them on Chris. I guess we may have to knock him out to do it. we will see in May (our next appt.)

Beth: I would need a few days too after that many classes...Are the live classes tougher then the video or the same? I would love to find out. One of these days I am going to head over to NJ and take one!!

Oh, I'm tired!

I woke upat 4a for the third night in a row, and I eventually got up thinking if I walk around a little I'll get sleepy but then I saw it was 6 so I was like, let's just start the day. Its the start of TOM. blech. But I made some breakfast and the tree stump guys came. I had therapy at 9a and I really wanted to use my new step so I was debating between Athletic Step and Step Moves. I had my fill of power athletic moves in the weekend so I did Step Moves and it was fun. The new step really is nice...lots more spring and even the risers have better rubber bits (?) at the bottom. They're small improvements but nice ones...now to sell the old one (we got it becaues they were selling them for $50 including the risers...oh and a step mat but I think that's it). I ended up putting the final combo of AS because I saw I had a couple mins. Showered, therapy, and then I went to the tailor to get my new pants from the RT hemmed. Beth got some outfits too Chris -- but I broke down eventually and bought a red/white/black outfit but the pants weren't capri so I was tripping over myself. I took the extra part they were cutting off and i'm making them to be matching headbands. I love it!! Dropped by the house to make sure the neighbors had my check to the tree stump people and I sped down to lab. I'm not really accepting how much work i have to do today!!

Kathy -- wonder which one you did! I'm sure you had fun!

Chris -- that sounds like a crappy way to start the morning. is he that he doesn't believe in God, or he doesn't believe what the Bible says? When i talk to some of my friends it seems that teenage years are a common point where people question, but it seems that friends of mine (like me) who were brought up with eastern philosophies/relgions didn't nearly have such a vehement reaction. Screw that woman saying the weight out loud like that! Grrr -- that would piss me off too. I was doing so well with losing weight but then after we bought house i've just been fluctuating (up). I hope to change that soon with the RT to inspire me. Good that your hand isn't blistering! I hate it when it gets that far. Though the worst burn I ever had was a cold burn...the side of my arm touched the -80 freezer for too long and it HURT and it took a LONG time to heal. Second to that was a phenol (chemical) burn. ::shudder::

Beth -- noooo to Internet breaking! Screw the cleaning, I agree. it's cloudy here too -- they are saying its going to rain. I hope not...the lawn already looks like a jungle from us not being here over the weekend. I took my rest day on Sun/Mon so I think you can have another day! you did one more workout than me too!

Joanne -- We have some friends who live close to us that came up and checked up on her and fed her in the house. they brought them to their house on Saturday...they have (spoiled) dogs so they don't always get along. Usually, evee is too excited and the others are very unsocialized with other dogs. I'm not sure what we're going to do when we go to Florida. I'm thinking of asking one of my friends to house sit actually with Evee because I don't know if I like Evee being in boarding. She gets so scared...I would rather her be in the house she's used to. she does a good job protecting the house as well. Wow, Caitlyn already needs it -- has all her teeth even come out with the adults? joe and I have terrible teeth and we envy anyone with nice teeth so you're doing right by them! Uhh...yeah, I'm good with DP for a couple days and then I get to a meal I have no idea how to log in and I get lazy and I'm off the wagon for a bit.

Ok, I gotta get a little air! Lab smells today.

Chris, I know, it all sucks!! The weight stuff and the eating. I'm sure you look great. I have to convince myself of this, but think of how lucky we are to be healthy. If we are overweight (which I don't think you are!), it's more of a cosmetic thing, not something that's hurting our health. I actually have about 20 pounds to lose and my mom is diabetic, so I need to watch myself. I'm probably up 10 pounds from a year ago - added to the other 10 pounds I was already up. Ick. Depressing. But, I agree, I would be pissed too at the lady saying my weight out loud! I had bad religion experiences when I was a kid, too. I went to Catholic school and every Monday we had to raise our hand if we went to church. If you didn't you were chastised in front of the class. My parents were not church-goers. Not sure why they sent me to Catholic school! The school and church were right in back of our house, so I would go to church by myself every Sunday. I was going for the wrong reasons - so I wouldn't get in trouble in school. Then my dad was diagnosed with cancer when I was 14 and I was so mad at God - and stopped going to church. I know, doesn't really make sense, but in my head at the time it did. He fully recovered, but it was a really rough time. Jameson doesn't like to go to church, but goes cause he has to. I take them all every Sunday, DH stays home. Ian actually likes to go. Colin and Caitlyn squirm and fuss the entire time. Don't know what my point with all that was, but I'm sure it's nothing you are doing. It's something he has to work out in his head. All you can do is guide him, which you are doing. OK - I totally envy your friend's life - the one who drives the kids to school in her PJs!

Kathy, how close are you to NJ? That would be awesome to take a class. Is Chris apprehensive about the braces? I know Caitlyn will be a basket case - especially when they do the expanders. I told DH he'll be in charge of taking her - she's much more cooperative with him than me.

Hottie, she still has some baby teeth, but he said her teeth are already overlapping cause her mouth is too small, I guess. Ugh - she also has to have antibiotics before any dental treatments cause of her heart. I wonder if she'll need them before every ortho visit. Don't make me want a new step! ;) Sound very cool, though. I've had mine for probably 10 years. Love the idea of making headbands from the extra material on the pants! I thought of leaving Tully in the house and having someone come walk and feed her, but we were gone too long. Last year my MIL stayed at our house with her when we were at the cottage, which was fine, but she has a broken ankle now so she really wouldn't be able to walk her. DP has some new software for logging in food - it's easier to use than the old one.

Toodles...

Joanne

So chatty today.... I love it. I also love the "screw the housework" advice! ;) I can't though.... my friend is coming down tomorrow afternoon. It has to be a little more civilized by then.

Kathy, that was a good "oldie" you did. ;) I haven't done any of those MMAs since shock cardio first shipped to us.... I want to get them out again. I think I may take it easy for a week or so though. I can't really tell if the live classes were comparable. I don't wear a watch, so I don't know how long they went on. I hate to say it, but I think she did go easier on us. Certainly for some drills the counts were lower. But, we did do similar moves, so it's hard to say. But, I think I tried to work harder on my form and look more lively even if I was tired, just in case she got a glimpse of me, you know? So maybe that's why I'm extra sore.

Yes, that teeth brushing comment was priceless, Joanne!

And yes, I bought some shock cardio outfits. Damn that stuff is comfortable!!! I was amazed. They were offering 10% off and no tax, plus obviously no shipping, so I went a little crazy. Plus it's hard for me to find capris that don't look ridiculous on, and in my advanced age, I'm finding it blechy to wear long pants for working out.

Chris, so funny what you imagined the call was about! I agree with Joanne that at some point you need to worry if it could affect your health, but if it's "just" for looks, maybe don't beat yourself up so much. I think we notice those extra pounds more than anyone else does.

I have a sort of funny religion story for you. We have never taken our kids to church. Well, last week, I think it was, we had a tree dedication for the little girl who died and the second graders all came out for it (since her brother is in 2nd grade and we were doing it for the family). Well, the principal did most of the talking, and she talked about life and death and remembering and honoring people, that sort of thing. On the drive home I asked Dylan what he thought of it, because I could see he was having some emotional stuff going on during it (it was hard not to!). He said "it seemed like that's what church is." I was so surprised he made that connection, since he's never been.

Ok, now please don't think I'm a bad person for not taking my kids to church. Back to your regularly scheduled program.....

Yes chatty! :)

I had a great talk with my sister this afternoon, she gave me some amazing ideas on how to handle this with Zach. I went to dreading talking to him, to looking forward to it!!! She's so good, she has one son (he's 12), and she has been co-teaching his CCD classes, so she just had a world of knowledge to share. My mind was so clouded with being upset about Zach's "announcement", I couldnt' think of things to say to help the situation. i'm all set now!! :)

Kathy: Nice job on Boxing!!! I like that one. I did the warm up yesterday, and was getting into the jump ropes! (My fave!!!). ... I know, I actually always get very uplifted when I get to go to church. Which isn't often, because of my work schedule. the times I've tried to go to church on Sunday mornings after work were pure torture, though. Being up for 28 hrs doesn't sit well with listening to a homily. ;) But when I am in an awake state, I can easily be moved to tears if the homily is really good.

Hottie;
Holy moly, you've been up since 4AM??? You are going to CRASH tonight! Esp with TOM. THAT'S why you got that big headache!! PRE-TOM headache. Ick. The deal on the Step at the RT is a WICKED bargain! I would have gotten one too! The workout outfits sound so cool , I like the idea of the headband too. ... All I got out of Zach was that he didn't believe in God. He didn't believe that anyone could "walk on water" and all those other "miracles". I almost got the sense he wanted to stop believing in God, like he's stopped believing in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. So we have a good talk lined up for later!! Can't wait! .... I have to change my eating ways as well. That's all there is too it. OUCH on the freezer burn!!! :eek:

Joanne:
You're so right. We are healthy for working out like we do, even if we have a little "fluff". I do have muscle definition in my arms and upper body, and even in my legs, if the "fluff" hangs down far enough ;), I can see some firm leg muscle. So it's not all bad and unhealthy. I think it is mostly for looks. And that my jeans are getting tight. So it's for comfort too!.... I guess we do what we can for religion. I can understand you falling out of it when you're dad was sick. Which is amazing too, that he was a cancer survivor for as long as he was? WOW!!! I didn't know that.

Beth: Love the sound of the new outfits! And great deal too. I would imagine the adrenaline of working in a live class with Cathe would make the workouts seem a little less intense too? I know I would be so pumped!... That is amazing that Dylan thought of that! Do they ever want to go to church? I don't think you're bad at all. It's all individual how you bring your kids up. I'm not a religious freak , I'm a laid back Catholic, really. I don't believe in 1/2 of the teachings of the Catholic religion. we only go to church on holidays. and the CCD. Maybe some people find THAT to be a 'bad parent' too, who knows, but it's right for us, right?

have to go get dinner going soon I suppose...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.