Mar 09~~ CHECK-IN~~Tuesday 31st

laperez25

Cathlete
[FONT=&quot]Good Morning![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I got up to do Kari’s Reach workout and it was good, but I only did about 30 mins of it. I think my body is starting to shut down on me. I think I need to completely rest for a day or two. Don’t know if it’s because is TTOM. Urgh! But, I just can’t think of exercise right now. Today I will skip the Y and not do my kickboxing. And tomorrow I think I will not workout. I just feel beat. Hope everyone has a great day and workouts! I’m going to work today from 9-12. I just want to stay home [/FONT]:(

BB later :p
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hey Ivy!

Good Morning everyone!!

Oh it is such a gorgeous Tuesday morning here, the sun is shining, things are just starting to green up, and it's supposed to be in the 60's today! One good day, and then rain the rest of the week, so i want to get out and get a nice run in. I'm thinking I'm going to go with my music run instead of a CC. I will start with a shorter Step at home first. I think just the Step from SJP.

Ivy:
You sound like you're in need of a true rest week! You have been pushing VERY hard the last 4 weeks, doing double cardio AND STS. I know my body was ready for rest after Meso #1. I ached all over! This week is the last week of MESO #2 for me, and I'm having some quirky soreness. Plus, I'm usually having DOMS pretty much all week from the weight work. So it will be nice next week not to! Enjoy! Stretch!.... Hey, that Jillian workout sounded good! Thanks for the review!!

Joanne: Hope you got out for your run! Keep that snowy weather to yourself, though!

Beth: I saw that new Shaun T Program on YouTube yesterday! (Intensity). Holy crap! I'm really intrigued , but sort of put off by all the push-ups they were doing in the previews. I don't mind me a bunch of Plyo stuff, but push-ups are not my thing! But it's in the back of my mind that I might want to try it ......... :rolleyes:

Kathy: So relieved to hear you had a harder time with 80% yesterday too! And yes, those freakin push ups! The closed grip ones, forgetaboutit! ... I don't go down very far, and I felt like I was a total weakling doing them. Enjoy cardio day today!!

Vilma: Congrats on finishing Burn Phase!! Sounds like you're liking it!

Okay, off to get in my cardio and enjoy the park
springsmile.gif

Hi ladies. I feel like cr** today! Don't mean to be such a downer right off the bat here! ;) It's TOM, feeling like I'm coming down with a cold and I didn't sleep well. Not a good combination! Oh, and it's rainy, windy and cold!

I did manage to do Jillian's Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism this morning. It was good - some of the circuits are much harder than others. I never did get out and run yesterday.

Chris, enjoy your run! Sounds like a lovely day! I saw that InSanity thing too. Wow! Looks really tough.

Ivy, yes, everything Chris said. You need a rest!! You certainly have been working hard. At least take 2-3 days where you don't do any workouts - doesn't have to be a whole week.

OK, ladies - motivate me here!! I'm not feeling motivated to move on to Meso 2. I don't know why. Chris and Kathy, have you been seeing any results? I know I'll do it and probably love it, but I'm thinking I just want to slim down, I don't really want to build muscle. Is this the right thing for me? I'm just in a blah mood! I'm sure it will pass! I may even start Friday instead of Monday since my last weight workout was last Thursday and that's like 10 days in between weights.

I'll be back later in a better mood, I promise!! Maybe I need chocolate....

Joanne

Hi all! Checking in late here today.... had to have Travis to school by 7:30, and then zoomed home to get Dylan and take him to school at regular time. Crazy morning! Travis was giving a speech at some community meeting with the superintendent and board members, but when we got there the place was packed -- full of adults I've never seen, everyone dressed better than normal, and lots more kids presenting than I'd realized. I felt so sorry for him -- even I was nervous!! :( Hope he did ok.

I woke up this morning and finally had my answer for recovery or not. I'm beat!!! So, recovery it is. Ivy, right there with you -- Joanne, maybe part of your deal is that you need the recovery, too? Well, maybe not, but on the whether or not you should do it.... I think you should stick with it. When I did fitness freak's crazy rotation with the heavy weights is when I really saw a breakthrough in my body changing, and I remember on the road trip Cedie saying how we were really going to love this weight work and it would do great things for our bodies. I think it is definitely worth a try!

My quads are sore this morning -- I don't know if it's from Jillian, skating, running, or all the gardening work. My shoulders, biceps and upper back are really sore, and I'm sure that's from all the dirt I moved Sunday. It's nice to think about resting!! I had lots of grand plans for pilates and tough yoga for the recovery week, but I may just do "light cardio" as prescribed. :) We'll see.

You 80%ers! Wow! I'm excited to try it, but really afraid of things like chest flies with heavy weights -- yikes. Chris, enjoy your run while the weather is great -- nice!! Oh, speaking of that..... I found a couple of downloads for tabata drills. It's music from the original Rocky movie (near and dear to my heart -- I was in high school when it came out and my friends and I loved it!) and it has a beep for 40s on, 20s rest. I think it's about 6 or 8 minutes of music and there's two of them. I found them on a link through marksdailyapple.com -- scroll down a bit to his weekend link and he talks about tabatas. If you have trouble finding it, I'll post the direct link here.

Gotta run.
-Beth

[FONT=&quot]Chris: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I’m glad you enjoyed your run at the park today! [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] I also was doubling up on cardio for Meso 1 and was also sore all over, LOL! I really am going to take a break this week (it’s Recovery Week for me) and just do Yoga only. I think it will do me good and get me ready for the TOUGHER Meso 2 (from what I’ve heard) [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joanne: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Aren’t you on rest week too? We must just be worn out from Meso 1, LOL! It kicked me butt. Great job on Jillian’s workout today! I agree, there are some harder circuits then others, but it’s a great mix [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot] You must get pumped for Meso 2, we got to do this together. Don’t worry, I’m sure after recovery week we will have the energy to get this done. So far I lost ½ inch on my hips. The weight has been about the same (135). WHICH I want to loose on my hips, that’s my biggest problem, lol.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Beth: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Enjoy your rest week! I really need it. I still feel blah right now. My body is just so tired. I will be doing Yoga and Stretch for recovery week. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hope everyone is having a great day! [/FONT]J[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Hi ladies..

Checking in with Cardio Fusion premix all step...I am not as sore today as I thought I would be. Glad about that. I feel the muscles I worked. But, I can function. YEAH!!

Ivy: Glad you are listening to your body. I have that reach dvd too. I really liked it last time I did it. I need to pull that out again..

Chris: Hope you enjoy your run. I know those pushups got me too. I did ok with the normal pushups. But, those close ones I didn't go down very far either. And forget about doing extra at the end!!

Joanne: Keep going with meso 2. I really feel stronger. I am so weak in the upper body and I really have noticed that I can use heavier dumbbells. I think STS has given me some strength I didn't have. I am very pleased so far with it and so glad I bought it..

Beth: Enjoy your recovery week. I know I needed it when it came up on the rotation...I can't lift very heavy with alot of the upper body. I used 20 pound dumbbells and my weighted gloves (which have the original 2 and I added 1 1/2 more pounds to each)..But, it is better then when I started STS..20s were tough to do. Not it is a little better..

Oh, not too long-- crampy headache day. No workout yesterday, ate like a fiend, so today I refused to leave until I did Imax2. I'm really screwing up my strength training. I do the cardio to make me get that endorphin rush but I know better! Today i will do something in the evening. Did you check out the post I did in STS shock cardio? It really lifted me up...I'll bbl...awesome job on everyone's workouts..

Hottie, that is awesome! ;) Go home and give your DH a big hug - even if it wasn't him!

Kathy, I think I'm right about where you are....I could do 20's for chest for a bit before - we'll see how far I can progress with STS. Yep, I'm sticking with it!!

Ivy, good for you for taking a break. Yes, I am on a rest week, too. I'm planning on just doing cardio. Well, tomorrow I am going to try a pilates workout that I have - Total Core Pilates. And maybe run on the treadmill during lunch.

Beth, how did Travis do? I'd sure be intimidated by all those people!

I looked at my workout card for STS disc 13 and I need to do some more 1RMs. I didn't do any for the barbell stuff. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow after my pilates workout. I'm still debating whether to start Friday or next Monday.

I'm feeling a bit better, but so tired I could just lay my head down on my desk and probably be out for an hour. I'm looking forward to the train ride home so I can take a nap!

Editing, OK - now I feel amazing!! Although I have tears in my eyes! I'm so proud of my kids. DH just called and he told me the principal called and said they selected Ian as the student of the year. He'll be honored at a luncheon held by the Illinois Principals Association in May. They pick one 5th grader from the school. Jameson won the same award when he was in 5th grade. Colin also won the presidential fitness award! I'm not sure where they get it from - but we must be doing something right!!

Joanne

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Kathy: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]WTG on Cardio Fusion! I like that premix. It’s fun![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Hottie: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hope your headache is gone by now.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Joanne: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]That’s so wonderful about your son!! It’s always so great to see them succeed in school. My daughter has an award ceremony tomorrow. She’s always getting awards. I never got any until I went to College, LOL!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]OK girls….I’ve eaten like 8 chocolate chips cookies, urgh! I’m going to have to throw away all my flour, sugar, etc out this door! LOL!!![/FONT]

Hi Girls!

I had such a nice day... Did the Step only from SJP , what freakin fun that is! i guess I haven't done it in a while, because I was unsure of some of the sequencing. And the music is the best! (Abracadabra, Kung Fu Fighting!). And then I headed to the park and did a 30 minute run. Felt amazing!

I came home, did a little laundry and watched some DVR'd TV. And then took my book outside and sat in the sun. It felt AMAZING ! LOL. And THEN, after Zach got home, i went in, and laid on the couch and read some more, and then DOZED off! zzzzz! Nice! ...The other 2 boys came home, and I took them to the park... they played a bit, and then we took a nice walk to see the ducks. I really really enjoyed outside today!

Joanne: Ohhhh, I'm sorry you have TOM issues, emotional and physical. It sucks! Try to treat yourself to some down time. Reading and relaxing. Yoga maybe? ... And of course, Chocolate! THAT cures everything! ... Oh I'm going to 100% tell you to keep up with STS!!! I have not lost weight (my freakin crap eating weekends have kept me from THAT.. :mad:)... BUT, my arms have such cool definition! They are cut in places I didn't know I could get cut in. I'm forever admiring my arms in the morning before I take my shower. Funny thing is, when I first noticed it, I'm thinking "Geesh, what's weird with my arms? Maybe it's a tumor!"... LOL! And they are NOT bigger, just toner. That is TERRIFIC news about your boys!! How very very cool and you should be very very happy and proud!!!

Beth: Sounds like you did a ton of things that could have caused all that DOMS. I think light cardio this week is a good idea. That's what I did, with a few days of just stretching/yoga, and I was raring to #2 when it came!! Ohhhh that Tabata music sounds cool! And Rocky! My middle son, he's 9, LOVES Rocky.. he would enjoy it too, probably do it with me. How long does the music go for? I'll have to go check out the site when I get a few ....

Hottie
: Sorry you're under the weather physically too. :( I can't believe you cranked out IMAX2 feeling that way! OMG..the surprise that lifted you sure is a goodie!!! Wooo HOOOO! It had to be your DH, (I have a feeling he may have ulterior motives on "borrowing" those cardios from you ! LOL!)

Ivy:
OMG.. you're up to 8 cookies now? LOL!! Your crack me up and are my kind of girl! LOL!!

Chris: Sounds like you had a great day today! I love that Kunfu Fighting song! I already ate about 10 now, LOL!!!! Still want some more later tonight! I hate that I eat one and it tastes so good that it makes you eat more and more, LOL! I'll try not to make more anytime soon.

Hey, I love reading everyone's happy news! Joanne, congrats about your son -- so cool that number 2 is following in number 1's footsteps with student of the year! And the presidential pf award -- no easy feat, I know. They have been working on the 4th graders all year, already, in preparation for next year at our school!

Hottie, so so so cool about STS cardio!!! Awesome surprise!!

Chris, I will take some time and send you the link to the Rocky stuff -- it is so fun.

I have to go do some work -- yeash, after a glass of wine even -- but if anyone is interested, I could point you at pics of our garden project -- either mail or pm -- I don't want to post the link here because it's too our friend's site.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.