Lurker Invitations July Check-In

janiejoey

Cathlete
Happy July Everyone.

You all are so sweet to wish Joey a Happy Birthday on the 2nd. I'll tell him what you said.

Michelle, Kick Max is a great workout. You are so funny about "kick the kid out of bed max. LOL:D Really. Hey, it's Summer, that's what they do.

You are dealing with the texting very well. I don't know what's in it for the future, but your right, there has got to be some kind of etiquette.

Enjoy your cleaning max or waxing max on the boat.

Laura, Ohhhhhh, I love lightening bugs. I've only seen them once in my life. They were absolutely spectacular!:D And around the pool? That had to have been a beautiful evening, and with an orchestra. Wow.

Great job on the Kick max and Chaelene Jam and Sculpt. Not easy at all. You must have done very well on the calorie burn.

Oblivion is a unique game. It's a place composed of many lands. Thieves, murderers, witch craft, power, creatures, monsters and heroes (you can be one of these heroes...) It looks like it could be in the Roman time, but has many advanced technology too. It's also a place where you don't have to play the game (unless you are attacked from some unknown animal or robber) but just look around the many wonders that this world has to offer. It also has an expansion pack called Shivering Isles. It's the private realm of Seogorath, the Daedric Prince of Madness-his own little slice of Oblivion. It exists because he wills it to. The realm consists of Dementia and Mania, Madness and Creativity.

It takes a long time for me (months) to get through the game. Still, when I play it again and again, I see new things I haven't seen before. An amazing game. I know, too much info.

Enjoy that wonderful pool with your kids.

Shoegal, ME is so great to do. I know what you are going through, I just had a 3 day binge with food. Not so good, I'll tell you that. The only thing you can do, is dust yourself off and start again. No matter how many times you have to do it, the most important thing is to never give up. Cause if you do, it only gets worse. So glad you enjoy the workouts, and that you missed it. I know You can see the benefits of exercising. You are not alone, believe me, we all take long rests sometime or another and then some.

Love sales! Never had the privilege of shopping at Banana Republic, but I can see that you truly need those red shoes that go with the red top. LOL:D As a matter of fact, I shopped today too, it was my rest day.

Being at home with family looking at the forest and lake from our deck is divine. I just doesn't get better than that. Can't wait for July 2nd, (Joey's birthday) to celebrate. Then will celebrate the 4th at one of our son's home with everyone together. Should be a great time.

Well, I had too many plants to take care of, and couldn't rely on anyone while we traveled to take responsibility for them. So, I got rid of them:rolleyes:. Had some of them for more than 18 years. I guess I needed a change. I do have two left that are so unique and just couldn't get rid of them. Wished you could have watered them for me too.;)

Tomorrow I don't know what Joey and I are going to do in the way of exercising. It could be the start of Meso 3, I think.

Have a great day and a beautiful July.

Janie

Last edited:
Just a quick check in for now - more later - but thought I'd wish a Happy Birthday to Joey! A day late, I'm afraid.

Hi everybody. Just got done doing upper and lower body sculpt from BS/BF and the gutts from B&G. Nice workout. Not too strenuous but enough to make me feel like I'm sticking with some exercise while on vacation this week.

Yesterday, Chelsea and I scrubbed the cover for the dinghy. It was pretty dirty. Last night, I had to take the cell phone away from her so she would get a good night's sleep. She's been staying up into the wee hours of the morning texting her friends. The lack of sleep was turning her into a bit of a crab. So, no phone with her in her room last night. Seems to have worked pretty well.

Not sure what we will do today. Joe has gone to pick up a new starter from the little boat. He'd like to get it fixed so we can take it out and maybe try to teach Chels how to water ski. I imagine we most likely will end up at the pool in a few hours.

Janie: ya'll don't have lightening bugs in the NW? Wow. They are standard summer time fare here in the east. Interesting. I'm always amazed at the differences between the east coast and west coast. What lake do you live on?

Laura: enjoy Atlanta. Hope it's not too hot and humid down there.

Shoegal: sounds like a good workout. I've still yet to get around to ME. My sister says it is a lot like Muscle Max. I can see where you had to have a pair of red shoes--red shirt or not. It's that time of year where there are some great summer sales going on--hope you got to take advantage of a big sale.

Happy July--
~michelle

Quick check in and a bad one too.

Last night my father was seriously burned in an accident involving a lighter that caused his clothes to catch on fire. He suffered 3rd degree burns on 37% of his body - mainly his legs and torso. It is quite a freak accident that no one is entirely sure what happened since he was alone. My mother was on the telephone at the time and happened to see that the back room (enclosed back porch) was filled with what she said was "grey smoke" - ran in and found that his shirt and most of his pants had been singed off of him. She carefully had put out the remaining flames that were still burning his pants. She called the paramedics who came in a flash and he was taken off to the hospital and into surgery immediately. They did not expect him to live. That was at about 10pm. My DH and I ran to the hospital. He made it through surgery and is on a respirator as a precaution to keep him sedated for the next 24 to 48 hours. By the time we saw him it was about 3am. Right now - we are all just waiting - he isn't out of the woods yet but for now - he is alive.

I'm not sure if I'll have an opportunity in the next couple of days to log on - so I thought I'd just let everyone know where I'll be.

Shoegal, you’ll get that strength back sooner than you think. You’ve got so much drive and enthusiasm, before you know it, you’ll be doing more than ever before. Very sensible, working for a complete lack of pain, too.

And red shoes? It is perfectly logical. It would have been rude to Banana Republic to to take their gift, and get a lovely red top. And red shoes just make that red pop out even more (this is just a guess, mind you; I’m the hopeless one who has only black, brown, beige in her shoe hanger).

Janie, wow, letting go of plants that you have had that long? You brave woman. I always mourn when I lose a house plant, and selfishly find it hard to do more than give away cuttings. At one point, there were 200 of them in our home, but when my traveling picked up a few of them didn’t survive. Poor DH really has no idea how to cope with that many, and all the different watering requirements. I’ve gradually reshuffled, creating a bunch of microclimates, different kinds of pots with different water retention qualities and mulches, the watering can be done in about an hour once a week, with a little extra once a month for dusting up, repotting, and so on. Very soothing. What’s left is doing pretty well, though if the weather changes while I’m traveling sometimes one will succumb … I’m glad you kept a few. They will be easier for your house sitter to handle and you will have more freedom: a tradeoff.

How did any of us survive being 13, btw? I don’t remember being obnoxious, but I suspect each generation tests the previous one to the very limits of endurance. Maybe that is a form of natural selection. Good for you, Michelle, in setting those boundaries. It will be good practice and if it can’t be done at 13, Chelsea would have to become an entrepreneur, self employed, to earn her keep!

Laura, of course the busiest day is a Laura-day. Your posts are amazing! I don’t know why you are impressed with mine! I do try to learn as much as I can about things, so as to do them more efficiently, and will admit to having trouble letting go of enthusiasms I’ve invested so much in .... Like the houseplants …

Michelle, thinking about the exercise equipment, most of what we have gets used, some of it just seasonally, or as part of a rotation. I began an anti-clutter campaign about three years ago, when life had really gotten out of hand, and began eliminating items that we never were going to use, including equipment. I don’t mind storing ski equipment even if it doesn’t come out much, same for the bikes. And, my husband’s motorcycle is something he’s attached to, so that stays even if it only comes out to be polished and washed. But the elliptical went because I realized at home, I’d rather do almost anything else, and it wasn’t a particularly good one … and a rowing machine my husband had used intensely years ago, that went too, because it hurt my back and he had not touched it in fifteen years. There was also a thing like a gazelle that hurt my back, ditto. The only major unused item is a home gym contraption that I used for about two years every day before deciding I got far better results with free weights: I would sell that also, except that my husband thinks he will use it some day. So fine, but it is not living in my little space and it is not allowed to hold clothing! It has to be ready to go.

Janie, This is a slow week, so I get Friday off too, hurrah! Then traveling from Sunday on for the better part of the next two weeks, then back to alternate weeks again. Fall picks up til December, when it slows down just in time for snow-shovelling season. There is always something to do … my own fault …

Janie was absolutely right about the need to get a little more rest in there, so yesterday I was quietly indoors most of the day, working, and then did a few less energetic tasks such as dog grooming. And, ended with Power Yoga for half an hour! Perfect. Today I feel like strength training again. My legs are asking for more time off, so it’s likely going to be back/biceps.

Quick check in and a bad one too.

Last night my father was seriously burned in an accident involving a lighter that caused his clothes to catch on fire. He suffered 3rd degree burns on 37% of his body - mainly his legs and torso. It is quite a freak accident that no one is entirely sure what happened since he was alone. My mother was on the telephone at the time and happened to see that the back room (enclosed back porch) was filled with what she said was "grey smoke" - ran in and found that his shirt and most of his pants had been singed off of him. She carefully had put out the remaining flames that were still burning his pants. She called the paramedics who came in a flash and he was taken off to the hospital and into surgery immediately. They did not expect him to live. That was at about 10pm. My DH and I ran to the hospital. He made it through surgery and is on a respirator as a precaution to keep him sedated for the next 24 to 48 hours. By the time we saw him it was about 3am. Right now - we are all just waiting - he isn't out of the woods yet but for now - he is alive.

I'm not sure if I'll have an opportunity in the next couple of days to log on - so I thought I'd just let everyone know where I'll be.

Shoegal!!! This is horrible. I am so incredibly sorry. Thank God your mom had the presence of mind and bravery to do what she did, and not panic. She saved his life, and I hope the doc's care and family's loving support will do the rest. My best wishes and prayers are with you, and your family.

Last edited:
Oh Shoegal what a tragic accident! I hope your father is stable now and recovering. I am so sorry for your family and glad to that your mother was able to think so clearly in an emergency. My thoughts are with you!

Shadowpup: glad to know you are loving that Power Yoga, I brought it with me on this trip but haven't done it yet.

Janie: you sound busy with your plans for the next couple of days. Enjoy your family. Oblivion sounds fun is it something you do on line or is it a X-box type game?

Michelle: your boating summer lifestyle sounds so romantic! How nice that you can share that with your 13 year old niece. She may not seem to appreciate now but I bet she is really getting a good experience and will always remember it.

Spent the morning at the pool at the Country Club, which my girls don't really get to go to often so it was fun. The pool was fantastic although crowded. We are enjoying unusually low humidity and the weather has been perfect for being at the pool all day. I just did 4DS Kickboxing and then even was able to do the leg work with my MIL's little weights and modified them and it turned out to be a decent leg workout without the heavy weights or equipment.:eek::eek:

Thinking of you this evening, Shoegal - I hope your father is stabilizing.

Shadowpup: glad to know you are loving that Power Yoga, I brought it with me on this trip but haven't done it yet.

Spent the morning at the pool at the Country Club, which my girls don't really get to go to often so it was fun. The pool was fantastic although crowded. We are enjoying unusually low humidity and the weather has been perfect for being at the pool all day. I just did 4DS Kickboxing and then even was able to do the leg work with my MIL's little weights and modified them and it turned out to be a decent leg workout without the heavy weights or equipment.:eek::eek:
:

That particular PowerYoga dvd really works for me, Laura, and it is funny - the others still just don't. You are one terrific instructor, to be able to diagnose the exact right dvd from a distance!

It's funny how any of the Cathe DVDs can turn into a real workout even with very little weight :) Sounds like you had an enjoyably active day, with family. Much deserved :D

Janie: Is this the Oblivion you are playing? It sounds like one of those games I won't let myself play - too easy to become absorbed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Elder_Scrolls_IV

Evening everyone,

Shoegal, I'm so sorry about your Dad. OMG! Do keep us informed on how he is.

Shadowpup, that is the game I'm playing. And it is very adictive.

Laura, Great workout, and that pools sounds so darn good. Enjoy and have fun with your family.

Well, I'm not feeling very well, and I haven't been for awhile. My stomach started off last month with a dull pain, and now I have this burning sensation that won't stop. I have a call in the docs and hope they can see me this weekend. It slowly got to this point, waking me up a night. But now even with an antacid it still hurts.

Talk later, I'm going to see if I can get some sleep.

Janie

Evening everyone,

Well, I'm not feeling very well, and I haven't been for awhile. My stomach started off last month with a dull pain, and now I have this burning sensation that won't stop. I have a call in the docs and hope they can see me this weekend. It slowly got to this point, waking me up a night. But now even with an antacid it still hurts.

Talk later, I'm going to see if I can get some sleep.

Janie

Janie, I hope you got your sleep :( My sister had acid reflux disease, which started something like the way you're describing. It was better if she did a few things - slept on her back, head elevated; avoided acidic foods like tomatoes at dinner. Ultimately she did end up taking some meds for that. But who knows what it is for you, and you're wise to see a doc. In the meantime, though not qualified in the slightest to give any kind of medical advice, here's a site that talks about acid reflux/GERD and gives tips that can reduce discomfort. None of the tips appear dangerous for the average human being as best I can tell. http://www.medicinenet.com/gastroesophageal_reflux_disease_gerd/article.htm . Let us know how the doc visit goes!

Janie: sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. It is no fun to lose sleep either!:( I am glad you are being proactive and seeing a DR about it.

Shadowpup: funny maybe I should start a website 'diagnosing' DVDS!! LOL! Just kidding it is the only one that works for me to so it was just luck!

Wondering what to do today, I didn't sleep well last night, so thinking of either doing Kick Max or Chalene's Turbo Sculpt....

Laura the DVD doc, that's you! That's interesting - so you don't connect with many of the yoga dvds either? I thought it was just me. There are so many; someone must be liking the usual style. The AM yoga one is with my travel bags, packed and ready to go. Still, if I had the two both next to each other, it would be the original one you recommended every time.

Today I am juggling the phone, some of the usual 3rd quarter 'emergencies' that always hit quarterly, and our hay crew while my husband is out. This is actually kind of funny. We bought four tons (closer to five, it turns out) of hay last year, delivery to be this year, which is what I helped shift. It was tough work for three of us (two men and me), but doable with periodic water breaks and spread over a few hours. To handle the 15-18 tons that are in our field, we hired people from the local Jobs board. This is a service that helps do quick turnaround matching of people with skills to short term jobs. Well, they sent us a three husky young men, probably in their mid 20s to mid 30s, all claiming to have done haying before. One is a part time firefighter, one does construction jobs during summers while he's in college, and I don't know what the third one did for a living. All look in reasonable shape. I'm in and out of this activity, since I'm working a three quarter day today - my husband is driving the truck (gone now running his first ever Lion's meeting as president, but that's another story).

I took an early break to pick up nice healthy and filling Subway 12-inch sandwiches for the crew, figuring that they'd appreciate having something to eat. When I got back with the meals, we were down to two plus DH! Turns out that Big Husky Guy Number Three slunk off after about an hour. The work was just too hard. My husband was laughing when he told me this, because the exact job that BHGN3 was doing was the task *I* had last time! And, to make it funnier, the bales are smaller! MY bales were in the 70-80 pound range, and these are 60-65 pounds each. Poor guy. He did have to move them three steps further than I did, of course, so maybe that is the difference.

Personally I claim this means that while I can perhaps be replaced with two BHG, one BHG isn't up to it by himself :).

We did get two more people to come out on short notice to help, so we are up to four BHG plus my husband driving the truck. Thank goodness! It really is hard work and I'm guessing that the guy who quit (not asking to be paid for his hour) may have tried to lift too much too soon. You have to pace yourself. And you have to know your limitations. I'm not up to a full day of lifting bales, so I am really grateful for all four BHG out there.

Last edited:
Shadowpup: see you are a machine! LOL! I love that you should post that story on a Cathe blog or as a success story, there is really nothing like functional fitness!

Janie hope you are feeling better
Shoegal thinking of your father and your family
Michelle hope you haven't thrown that cell phone over board yet!

So ended up doing Chalene's 45 minute Cardio power or whatever it is called for something different. Still can't get into her like Cathe, but I did break a sweat. There was a Tony Horton Bonus abs on the end which I did and liked that a lot better.

Holy moly, you miss a day and the world goes crazy. Shoegal--I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Thank the good Lord your mom is such a fast thinker and did exactly the right things. I'll be sending lots of Hail Marys your way.

I'm not sure what happened, but somehow I never checked in yesterday. Must be enjoying this thing called vacation. Anyway, I did upper and lower body sculpt from the BS/BF dvd and guts from B&G yesterday. Today I gave KPC a try. I hadn't previewed the routine so I was truly winging it. That is one tough dvd. Kick Max is more doable on the boat but I managed.

We are surviving the teenager. She is getting sleep at night and not texting till the wee hours of the morning anymore, so that helps. We all made it through our teen years, I'm sure Chels will too.

Janie: let us know what you find out about your stomach. I hope it is nothing serious. Somehow I didn't pick up on the plant clean-out. I have a few house plants that I've had FOREVER. In fact, I have my first plant that I got the fall of my freshman year in college (29 years ago): A croton, named Henry, after one of my political science professors.

Laura: aren't you in Atlanta? Or is that an upcoming trip? I'm curious if you are in Atlanta: how many dvds did you take with you.

Shadow: I don't envy you and your husband the task of getting up all that hay. Ick. Your work schedule sounds incredibly crazy. I still don't know how you balance everything so well. If you get to D.C. and have some time, we should really try to meet.

~michelle

Janie, I hope you got your sleep :( My sister had acid reflux disease, which started something like the way you're describing. It was better if she did a few things - slept on her back, head elevated; avoided acidic foods like tomatoes at dinner. Ultimately she did end up taking some meds for that. But who knows what it is for you, and you're wise to see a doc. In the meantime, though not qualified in the slightest to give any kind of medical advice, here's a site that talks about acid reflux/GERD and gives tips that can reduce discomfort. None of the tips appear dangerous for the average human being as best I can tell. http://www.medicinenet.com/gastroesophageal_reflux_disease_gerd/article.htm . Let us know how the doc visit goes!

Deborah, You are right on girl! That is exactly what I have. Gastroesophageal reflux Disease (GERD). I should have went to you in the first place.lol:eek: Anyway, I'm taking Omeprazole for it, and it already seems to be making a difference. Looks like I'll be taking one tablet a day most likely for the rest of my life. It's not fun getting older, my body doesn't work like it use to. Thank you for the site, I've learned a lot today. For me I have a leaky esophagus, at least that is what I understand for now. I don't have acid coming up, but maybe twice or so a year.

Janie: sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. It is no fun to lose sleep either!:( I am glad you are being proactive and seeing a DR about it.
Wondering what to do today, I didn't sleep well last night, so thinking of either doing Kick Max or Chalene's Turbo Sculpt....

Laura, Thank you for your concern, as you know I was diagnosed with GERD. No fun, but, the meds are doing their part in helping me.

Today I am juggling the phone, some of the usual 3rd quarter 'emergencies' that always hit quarterly, and our hay crew while my husband is out. This is actually kind of funny. We bought four tons (closer to five, it turns out) of hay last year, delivery to be this year, which is what I helped shift. It was tough work for three of us (two men and me), but doable with periodic water breaks and spread over a few hours. To handle the 15-18 tons that are in our field, we hired people from the local Jobs board. This is a service that helps do quick turnaround matching of people with skills to short term jobs. Well, they sent us a three husky young men, probably in their mid 20s to mid 30s, all claiming to have done haying before. One is a part time firefighter, one does construction jobs during summers while he's in college, and I don't know what the third one did for a living. All look in reasonable shape. I'm in and out of this activity, since I'm working a three quarter day today - my husband is driving the truck (gone now running his first ever Lion's meeting as president, but that's another story).

I took an early break to pick up nice healthy and filling Subway 12-inch sandwiches for the crew, figuring that they'd appreciate having something to eat. When I got back with the meals, we were down to two plus DH! Turns out that Big Husky Guy Number Three slunk off after about an hour. The work was just too hard. My husband was laughing when he told me this, because the exact job that BHGN3 was doing was the task *I* had last time! And, to make it funnier, the bales are smaller! MY bales were in the 70-80 pound range, and these are 60-65 pounds each. Poor guy. He did have to move them three steps further than I did, of course, so maybe that is the difference.

Personally I claim this means that while I can perhaps be replaced with two BHG, one BHG isn't up to it by himself :).

We did get two more people to come out on short notice to help, so we are up to four BHG plus my husband driving the truck. Thank goodness! It really is hard work and I'm guessing that the guy who quit (not asking to be paid for his hour) may have tried to lift too much too soon. You have to pace yourself. And you have to know your limitations. I'm not up to a full day of lifting bales, so I am really grateful for all four BHG out there.

Deborah, You are so busy! I don't envy you at all. But, I must say you are taking control and doing it well. (hay and all) LOL! That is so funny about the big guy. Poor guy, but then again you did it. Wow, I bet that made you feel great. Yes? Men are human after all, emm. Glad you got more help, it sounds like such a big task.

Janie hope you are feeling better
Shoegal thinking of your father and your family
Michelle hope you haven't thrown that cell phone over board yet!

So ended up doing Chalene's 45 minute Cardio power or whatever it is called for something different. Still can't get into her like Cathe, but I did break a sweat. There was a Tony Horton Bonus abs on the end which I did and liked that a lot better.

Laura, I'm much better so far, we'll see how it goes as the day and days pass. I hope it will help. Great workout. I like Tony too.

Holy moly, you miss a day and the world goes crazy.

I'm not sure what happened, but somehow I never checked in yesterday. Must be enjoying this thing called vacation. Anyway, I did upper and lower body sculpt from the BS/BF dvd and guts from B&G yesterday. Today I gave KPC a try. I hadn't previewed the routine so I was truly winging it. That is one tough dvd. Kick Max is more doable on the boat but I managed.

We are surviving the teenager. She is getting sleep at night and not texting till the wee hours of the morning anymore, so that helps. We all made it through our teen years, I'm sure Chels will too.

Janie: let us know what you find out about your stomach. I hope it is nothing serious. Somehow I didn't pick up on the plant clean-out. I have a few house plants that I've had FOREVER. In fact, I have my first plant that I got the fall of my freshman year in college (29 years ago): A croton, named Henry, after one of my political science professors.~michelle

Michelle, Fantastic workouts for the last couple of days. I can't believe you are working out on the boat especially with KPC. I bet it was great though.

So glad you all have found a way to survive your teenager. LOL.;)

You most likely know by now that I have GERD. Not the worst thing in the world that's for sure. I can handle it. Thanks for asking.

Awwwwah, I hope Henry last for many more years to come. I did feel like a murderer, but, really, I needed a change in the most way. It just simply was overcrowded here, and needed space. I can take a lot for a very long time, but when it's time to change, I do it rapidly. When we are done traveling, I'll get some more special plants, but right now, it's too hard to get a responsible person to water them.

Today was Joey's birthday and Joes daughter (Cyndi) and her son (my grandson) was here to help him celebrate it. Cyndi left her son with us, and we are now enjoying him. He just brushed and flossed his teeth. Such a cute little guy. He's 7 years old already. Wow, where does the time go? Joey, Anthony and I will be hiking tomorrow until we tire him out. Then tomorrow, I plan on getting out our little dingy out and we'll row all around the lake a few times until we again tire him out. OK, boring... I'll leave you guys then until tomorrow.

Shoegal, Hope everything is going well with your father. I'm so sad for you. (((((hugs and prayers))))).

Take care everyone,

Janie

Last edited:
Janie: Glad to hear you got a diagnosis and treatment is underway. I'm just happy it isn't anything more serious. Enjoy your 7 year old--before long he'll be 13 going on 25. Your plans don't sound boring at all. Kids are still in the stage of wonder and excitement when they are in their elementary school years. Everything is potentially magic. However, I'm afraid that you may tire out before he does!

Quiet morning here on the boat. Chels is still sleeping, Ripken is snoozing, and Joe and I are sipping on our coffee. Time to motivate shortly and take Ripken for his second morning walk, then straighten up the inside of the boat. Contemplating whether I'm going to do all of B&G today or one of the premixes. Joe has a list of things about a mile long to do today--several items include stuff down in the engine room. Chels has always loved crawling around in the engine room and helping him. Hopefully, that has not changed.

Back later. It's another glorious weather day here: sunny, clear, warm, no humidity, wind at about 10 kts out of the NNW.

~michelle

Good morning, all! Looks like a hot one today. Perfect for so many things - including getting our cherries and raspberries ripe :D. The strawberries hit their max productivity this week and are scaling back. This means only about a cup to pick in the morning. We ate so many that I didn't freeze much this year :eek:

But to replace strawberries for breakfast, we have cherries! Large quantities of them. Two years ago we had our first fruit from them (they are 6-8 year old trees). I've planted all kinds. Wish I had a strategy for getting pits out for freezing, so if any of you have method that doesn't take hours, please share :) Anyway, there are a few yellow Royal Ann, and loads of deep red Van and Bing. And a few pie cherries, but I admit I tend to leave those for the birds. Until we figure out the pit thing.

The first few raspberries ripened yesterday. Most are still yellow or green, but a few plants are beginning to turn red. July is raspberry month!

Michelle, I don't know how you manage to do your workouts so well on the boat! Your morning sounds fantastic. Thanks for checking in to share it. And, who knows, maybe Chels will learn to enjoy having a little sleep, talking to normal human beings, and being active ... ? She sounds like a nice kid in transition. Enjoy your glorious weather and your vacation. Re DC - yes, I do get out there every month or two, sometimes more often. It all depends on what's up and how intense, but I'd love to get together :D. My next few trips are lightening fast, but I have a tentative DC trip right around 9/11 that should not be as bad. I'm actually in DC for about a day and a half, in between Denver and Washington state, next week but I think that one may be too frenetic to plan around. I'm leapfrogging from agency to agency, catching up on a few things.

BTW, loved hearing about Henry the Croton. Crotons are gorgeous! He must be huge, at that age.

Janie, I'm really glad you have a diagnosis. My sister is finding living with GERD meds and restrictions is annoying but not that bad, especially compared to what it was like before she learned that's what it was. I agree, these new aches that don't seem to ever go away are tedious. But you are a bundle of energy, to be able to manage a small child on top of everything else!

I will admit to feeling sneekily pleased that the big guys weren't quite as tough as they thought :) By midafternoon, we lost another one. This morning, we've polished it off. I stepped in for just an hour or so on one of the easier parts.

More later - coffee is ready! Have a great weekend, all!

... continuing that long posting with something important -

Shoegal, thinking of you and your family - sending prayers and best wishes your direction, hoping that your dad is stable.

Just finished doing the legs/glutes and abs timesaver on B&G. Felt good. I love the ab work on B&G. This one uses the stability ball bonus workout. I don't have a ball on the boat, so I just do modifications on my mat.

Not sure what's up next. Even though it's a little after 12 noon, it's not quite lunchtime yet.

Shadowpup: September sounds good for a potential get together. Next week I'm in and out of the office--so most likely our schedules would not mesh. I noticed that Cathe is working on her Travel Fit workout for STS. I'm looking forward to that one and I'm sure that you are too.

Shoegal: hope things are going okay with your dad. We know that you are probably too occupied to drop by right now--but know that we are all thinking about you and your family and praying for your dad's speedy recovery.

~michelle

I am getting ready to head up to Aseville for one of my best friends wedding, he is also the Godfather of my children, and we have known each other since kindergarten. I am looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends

I had a terrible night sleep, went to bed late and woke up after just a few hours, couldn't go back to sleep until sometime after 6:30 am. My daughter rousted me out of a deep sleep around 11am! Thank god for grandparents is all I got to say! But I was really groggy and disorientated. Finally managed to motivate and do the Turbo Sculpt it is only 45 minutes and I don't find it much of a workout but it still got me moving.

Janey: so glad you got that diagnosed and under treatment already. Enjoy that little guy sounds like you have a lot of fun and active things planned to do with him. I am so sad to see how many over weight children there are here in the Southeast and it is so important to expose children to fun activities outside!

Shadowpup: can I come up for some cherries! I love them so much and they are so expensive in the stores. I have heard of a cherry pitter but I wonder how effective they really would be? Doesn't seem like it would be less work to use a tool than your hands, but maybe not as messy?

Michelle: I am in Atlanta. My MIL has the Turbo Jam series by Challene produced by Beach Body. I brought with me Kick Max, 4DS Kickboxing, HardCore Series Core and Stretch, Power Yoga and a bunch of pilates DVD's from Stott Pilates. I haven't worked out as much as I would like, but have managed to do something everyday. I am counting this as an active rest week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.