Low Carbers & Friends - Oct 2011

Hi everyone! I am sitting here in trial listening to a very long hard testimony of my codefendant. Very tough and he is probably going down. Thought I would try and come for a short visit but nobody is here playing. Darn. :p

Sorry, Rhea, I'd have loved to come play with you! What a week it's been :rolleyes: - playing here would've been a lot more fun :p! Anyway, how's that new house :D? And how's your case going ;)? No being a teflon-brained kinda gal, please remind me - when is the decision going to be made about letting you have the job you should've had long ago????

Still waiting on the job thing, another local attorney has tried to say that he could do the job for less money. So I now have to get the numbers together for board to show them that there is no way it can be done less expensive without sacrificing quality of service to the clients.

Oh and yes I'm sitting in trial waiting for the judge to finish jury instructions. Yawn.

Well, just who does this attorney think he is :mad:????? I am rooting for you because heaven knows you've BEEN there and DONE that for so long - I'm sure you know better than anyone, especially some blowhard :p :D!

I would imagine it does get redundant listening to those instructions time after time :rolleyes:!

Hi everyone,

sorry I've been gone so much, I was out of town part of the week, then just at other events. I am mentally exhausted. So for workouts, I did 2 total body workouts, one was STS the other high reps. In between I biked and walked. Got 3 more rough weeks of work, then it will slow down.

the weather here is wonderful today. It's 80 degrees and sunny, which is great after very cold temps and rain for days on end. We are going to a bon fire tonight with friends, gotta get my mind off work. On top of working hard, I've had a couple situations where some coworkers are wanting me to bend to their thinking on some issues that I will just not bend to. So there's that added stress as well.

Rhea, I hope you get the job. Good luck proving your case with the budget.

Lita, hope your work doesn't stay too hectic.

Has Reese or Traci been here?

Melinda - So glad to see you :D!!! Sounds like things are more hectic for you than for me :eek:! Mine were all computer, equipment & personnel aggravations - not because the business was being profitable :rolleyes:. I am so sorry you have co-workers pressuring you something you're not going to - how aggravating :mad:. I hope you enjoy that bonfire - you sound like you really need it!!

Tracy was here about a week or a bit more back but we haven't seen Reese for months :(.

Hi babes! Thank you for starting the Oct. thread Lita--I will not admit that I have gotten here so late in the month! :eek:

Rhea, I was very amused that you could post here during the boring parts of your trial! :D I am keeping my fingers for you with the job you definitely deserve!

Lita, do you need me to come for a visit to your work establishment with the cast iron skillet? It's been a while since it's done some good bonking! I hope things are better for you now!

Melinda, I knew Oct. was going to be rough for you work-wise (because you said it would be) and I am so sorry about the additional pressures of your co-workers. Stick to your guns! I can be there with the cast iron skillet after I visit Lita if you would like! :)

My visit with my dad was good but I was sad at times too. Got to see a couple of friends so that was good. My dad cleared $250 at the garage sale and he couldn't have been happier about that. It was all little stuff that he doesn't have to deal with now. 'Cause there's plenty of other stuff to deal with!

Today was my first day in 3 weeks that I could workout again--yippee! Did some band work with Amy Bento and took BB for a walk/run after work. About half way through, it started raining on us but it was just misty. 'Tis that time of year now. I'm prepared for it physically, not so sure about mentally though! Hope I'm not so sore tomorrow that I can't function!

Have a great, stress-less week babes!

Last edited:
Glad you could pop in, Tracy :D! Sounds like you're ready to go to town with that skillet :p! You wanna come swinging my way, I certainly won't stop you ;)! Glad your dad was pleased with the results - I'm sure he enjoyed spending the time with you, too :). Sorry about the sad times :( - big hugs!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Lita! I love hugs!! I still talk to my dad daily and I think it helps with the sadness.

And yes, I do believe that getting in some good bonking with the skillet will give my arms a nice workout! So any reason to use it is good with me. I will be at your work establishment first thing tomorrow morning! :p

Hi all,

Tracy, yes please come. Skillet time!
I'm sorry your dad is having a hard time. Is he involved in any groups like a senior center or church where he can be around more people?

Lita, we will be in WY the next 2 weeks doing health screenings. I won't be there, though. Got enough work here in Ohio and now Michigan, including the U.P. who'd a thunk it?

Rhea, any word on that job yet? Is your house all done or do you have little projects you're still working on.

I have 2 more CRAZY weeks of work, then 3 weeks of busy, but not insanely busy. Then Thanksgiving week, I need a break. I would like to take that whole week off and may do so.

For exercise, I've been doing Total body workouts mixed with biking or walking again. It's getting colder out, so the biking is going to become less.

Have a good week everyone

Wow, Melinda, sounds like there's lots of job security to go around in your business! That's great :D! Sorry it's such a hectic schedule for you, though :(. My bike has been packed away for several weeks now - too much windchill in the morning for this girl ;).

Well, it is official. I'm the boss! Now I just have to keep it that way and not let the outside parties come in and try to smooze the board into a contract. But at least I have time now to hire and get the job done around here. whoo hoo!

Thanks Lita!! I'm so glad that part is over. Now I have to go see and what DH is cracking up about (some commerical...he is just laughing hysterically and the commercial is long over..I can tell the volume is a little loud! ) Talk to you later.:D:rolleyes:

Laughter is a great thing, Rhea, so I hope he shared some of it with you! I'm sure you're much relieved the first hurdle is over :)! Now you just have to be ready to defend your position ;).... But I'm cheering for you the whole way :D!

Hi babes!

YIPPEE RHEA!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

I am very happy the powers that be made the right decision!! I hope the second hurdle isn't as nerve wracking as the first! Now what was that hilarious commercial all about? :)

Hi Melinda! Good to see you! My dad is actually doing really well, I am the one with the sadness problem. :) He's staying busy and has a pretty good social life.

Lita, is it getting pretty cold in WY? We're not too bad here, today was a high of 61. I am grateful that as much rain as we get, our temps can be mild through winter for the most part. Last year, I took BB out to run in February and this year I bought better running gear to do it again, if the weather allows.

Last week I was able to start working out and did OK. Then on Monday, I did Cathe's Push Pull and took BB for a run later. I suffered the next 2 days with uber soreness! :eek: I hope I can get over that and back to normal soon!

Hope you babes have a wonderful Friday and weekend!!

Tracy - Glad to see you :D! We're having nice fall weather right now. Thankfully no snow yet for the season. It's been in the 50s with a mix of sun and clouds - so perfect fall weather :). I'm sure you'll get back into the groove in no time :cool:. That good ole muscle memory, ya know ;)!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.