Low Carbers & Friends - May

Oh my it's only May 3rd and we have the thread up! Whoo hoo!

No working out for me yet...still resting I guess. But that doesn't include intense workouts in the yard....I can't wait until we have the new house built that is not going to have so much yard work. All I do is housework, yard work, housework, yard work. Never ending cycle. So tonight, it is so windy out there, that I don't care about that mile high patch of weed. I'm staying in and playing, well, doing something more fun than housework, hmmm laundry will probably be worked on, but that doesn't really count does it?

Okay, off to find something to eat, I'm hungry!

(oh, I did get up early and walk this morning)
:eek:

Hi babes! Thanks for starting the May thread Lita!

And Lita, I am very glad you decided to take some time off. If you're burned out, it's necessary to give yourself a rest.

Rhea, my plan is to have a pretty maintenance free yard at the next house. We sort of have that now being in the apt. :D but we still have the house down south to deal with. Fortunately, we ignore that one quite a bit! I'm sorry you didn't get to rest like you planned on your time off! :(

My workouts have been scattered and somewhat unproductive lately, bleah. For example, I ate poorly yesterday, then attempted one of my favorites, SJP. It did not go well! :eek: I was weak and struggled through it. Grrr. I haven't been able to get into a good groove for over 2 weeks. Oh well, it'll get in line again, someday! :p

So you had ind Rhea? Today we had really bad wind and some rain too. I heard this wind has wreaked havic all the way to WY Lita! You doing OK there I hope?

Later babes!

Rhea - It does seem to be a never ending cycle of indoor/outdoor work, doesn't it :rolleyes:. Luckily I've eased up over the years - that or I've gotten lazy :eek:. At least the wind gives an excuse to stay inside :p. Not that laundry is fun but it is a lot less demanding than industrial yard work :D.

Tracy - Maybe you need a rest week too ;)! We've been a bit blustery and it's to continue for a while yet. We also had snow this morning and are to get more through Thursday. Nothing like spring time in the Rockies :eek:!

Ah heck, Tracy, take two weeks rest! I'm probably ending up doing something like that since I can't seem to get motivated to workout this week. Got to get that mental game back in.....but been doing outside work on and off, so at least I'm not sitting in front of the boob tube eating bon bons. :eek::rolleyes:

You know, I was just thinking this morning that at the end of the first week I finally start to unwind and then it would be nice to have another week to devote to just stretching this tired achy body :p. Not that I will - but it was nice to contemplate ;).

And Rhea, I know you never sit around eating bon bons - your to-do list is always way too long for that :eek:!

Hi babes! I was just thinking as I read Rhea's post about sitting and eating bon bons that it would never occur, then Lita took the words right out of my mouth! :D

We've had winter conditions in the mountains this week :eek: and I heard from a friend that El Nino years take their sweet pleasant time getting summer to arrive. :mad:

My motivation is a little better and ME went pretty well last night. And tonight I went out so no exercise. Another scattered week! :p I must say I am enjoying the rest days so maybe I will intersperse those 2 weeks of rest over these scatterd workout weeks! :cool:

So Lita, what would happen if you took a second week off? :)

Melinda and Reece, where are you?

I was wondering about Melinda and Reece too :(! We miss you, ladies!

Tracy - I'm pretty sure the world would at least tip to the side :p :eek: ;) :D.

I was wondering about those two too! Hope we didn't lose them somehow! lol

Okay, even though no workouts, I have walked and been working on the clean eating. I'm cramming in the BFFM book, along with the Holy Grail book and getting all the stuff done so if they do have a challenge contest, I can be ready to start. Did I tell ya'll about that? I may not have....anyhoo... Tom V. from Burn the Fat, feed the muscle, may have a summer challenge contest (about 100 days) If he does, since I couldn't do the Holiday challenge (started while I was in Mexico) I'm going to do the summer challenge. I just really dread those first day pictures. I'm such a pudge at the moment, well, at least I feel like one. Soft squishey but underneath there's muscle, go figure. Want to get rid of the soft squishey part.

So, back on track for workouts today I think. I'm feeling the need for a cardio (plus I have a new HR monitor I just have to play with and try out!!! hehe, shh, don't tell DH. ;)It was a rather spendy one, but it sure is fun so far. I can even see the numbers without my reading glasses, now that is a plus all by itself! :eek:)

Talk at 'cha later.

No, Rhea, you didn't mention that :eek:! What a brave soul you are :D! I hope you keep us posted on it!!!!

My HRM died but I can't justify buying a new one :(. I didn't realize until it wouldn't work that the lithium battery in the chest piece gave up the ghost. If I'd have known that, I wouldn't have messed around changing the battery in the watch unit :rolleyes:.

Have fun with that new toy!

New toy is very fun. It does so much with training and I really haven't figured out all of it quite yet. But I'll be using it a lot.

Yesterday tried to workout, but ran out of steam during the middle of it (LBS of course) so I guess I did not eat enough protein yesterday. I'm going to try the same workout again today; it was a fun one (new for me of course) so I want to do it all the way through. It is an older Christi Taylor, Core Cardio or something like that. She uses a small med ball during a step routine which is quite fun. I was doing the "huh"? trying to coordinate my arms and legs. Part of me was a little ahead of her cueing, which is just an adjustment for me. CT cues one step ahead and not while you're doing the move and sometimes it takes me a while to remember that.

Okay, back to work so I can get out of here! Have a great rest of the day.

Silly Rhea! Are you ever going to get the LBS issue put to rest :p? At least you're consistent ;)! When do you start the BFFM challenge :)?

Don't know yet Lita. BFFM hasn't decided if they are going to do it or not. I think it will start around the 1st of June if it goes.

Hello! I am back.

I was in MI this past week for work. DH went with me and we got to visit part of his family. We also did an hour of mushroom hunting and found a few. They were delicious! My MIL has a stray cat that looks like it has siamese in it, but it is long haired. It has such long hair and kind of looked like a pathetic mop. It was pretty and ugly at the same time, but I would have loved to have it! We already have 2 cats, so I don't need another one!

OK, well, the wind has made it to Ohio! It's pretty bad out there today. And it cooled down quite a bit. We are grilling out today for my dad's 78th bday, but I think other than cooking the meat, we will all be inside.

So I picked up with week 2 of meso 3. I am cramming upper, lower, then upper body in 3 days in a row. I know, that's not the way it's suppose to be done. But I am headed out to Wisconsin on Monday, then heading to Minnesota to work there Wed, then flying home that night. I will be too tired to exercise those 3 days. Work is soooo busy, but just 2 more weeks and it will slow down before Memorial Day! This is how I am mentally getting through.

Have a great week!

Hi babes! Good to see you Melinda! I'm sorry things are so crazy busy for you at work. :( It's like that for me right now too but I don't have to go anywhere but my desk! Have a safe trip!

Wow Rhea! A 100 day challenge, and through the summer too! Yes, please let us know if it goes forward!

Lita, I take it that you haven't taken a second week off because I haven't felt the world tip in the slightest! :D

I haven't used a HRM for years. My old one died and I never replaced it. I found it to be more of a PIA than eanything else. :p I guess I just monitor myself with how well the workouts go, or don't go!

I did the meetup group workout on Thursday and we had to deal with a hill so it was challenging! A few of us decided to roll down the hill at the end and we forgot we weren't 10 years old anymore! The dizziness commenced immediately! :eek:

Did IMAX 2 on Friday and it went well--I even did all of the plie jacks at the end that I never completed before so I was pretty happy with myself.

Here's to a good week coming up!

Well, I'm stoked! The competition will be going forward with registration starting the 24th - 31st. That's all I know so far. I've got lots of re-reading to go through so I get all the measurements down etc. It will definately be a challenge since I've already got three trials scheduled so far during the summer. But, I need it! Say goodbye to the subcutaneous layer! Whoo hoo!

Rhea - How exciting :D! I'm cheering you on, every step of the way!!! I can't wait to hear all about it AND the great things it's doing for you :cool:!

Melinda - Welcome back!!! I'm sorry you have to run away again so soon - and travel so much :(! Job security is great but... :rolleyes:... Anyway, it's always great to see you whenever we can!

Tracy - You guessed right :p. But OMG - the way GS Legs (just the standing part, mind you :eek: ) kicked my butt this morning, you'd think I'd never exercised at all let alone taken only one week off :eek:! I don't get it, since all this stuff with my hips & so on, I'm using lighter wts than I have in years - but I'm feeling it more and it's working me harder. Go figure :confused:.........

Well, I did TLT's Defining Shape today. Wow, that was a toughie at times. Must do that one more often. I couldn't believe that my medium weights (7.5) actually got too heavy for me sometimes...gesh. Also added on Cardio Axe from BBL. Also been reading up on BFFM, got a few more pages to go, so at least a couple of chapters a day and then I want to finish up the Holy Grail which goes into a bit more on the day to day stuff i think. Well, off to clean the kitchen and lovely fun stuff like that. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Tracy - have you done all the TLTs yet? She has some shorter ones coming out soon. I preordered of course. I like the 30 minute length so I can use them as add ons.

Talk to ya'll later.

Hi babes! Lita, I am so with you on getting my butt kicked today! I did just the standing portion of B&G and it killed me! :eek: I wish I could make sense of things too! I think it has to do with hormones, I can't think of anything else that would cause our regular workouts to affect us so differently than that. We control our eating, and usually our sleep habits, but we can't control what our hormones do! :rolleyes:

Rhea, I am excited for you do do your challenge! Please keep us all updated so we can cheer you on! What is BFFM? Did you buy a workout series that has a book with it? Is there a website I can look at? I have done 2 of the 4 new Tracie workouts and Defining Shape was tough! I liked it. And I preordered the new Focus workouts too, gotta have them! :cool:

My meetup group is going roller skating tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it but a little nervous too. Don't want to fall and break my a$$ or anything! :p

Have an awesome day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.