Low Carbers & Friends - April

Very impressive Lita. LOL I would have just kept looking for the March thread since I keep forgetting it is April. Hard to remember when it is still snowing out there...err...I knew that one week of warmer weather was just a pysche out!

Okay, workouts, I've been busy. Let's see, Monday, nope already told you that one, huh? Tues....Catdio Axe and then HIgh and tight, but I decided not to do all of HIgh and Tight... alittle too much leg work when I had to do legs with Weds' workout. Wed....Cardio Axe and Burn Cicuit #2. Yesterday was Cardio Axe and Bum Bum. I was pooped. Cardio Axe is a kick, but even a learning curve for me. Total dance type moves... whoo hoo....lots of booty and hip shaking.

Today should be Burn Cicuit #3. I have a little niggle in the small of my back but it also feels better after I work out and get some blood flowing in it. I think I need to get some water going through me too, I'm feeling too caffinated. Well, better go take advantage of all that caffeine!......:cool::eek:

I kept wondering where my post was from yesterday, then realized we now have 2 April threads. Reece started another one yesterday!

Beautiful weather here in Ohio. I think it's 80 degrees and been sunny. I did Athletic step today.

Rhea, I'm sure you have said what these workout are that you are doing, but I missed it.

Have a Happy Easter!

Hi babes! Thanks for starting the thread Lita, I am very impressed! :D I hope we see Reece soon!

Rhea, I am with Melinda, I'm not sure I know the workouts you are doing. Are they Chalene's Xtreme? It does look like you're having fun with them!

I'm living vicariously through you and your nice weather Melinda!

Lita, I'm sorry Cathe's premixes aren't working for you! :( I still say you are talented in designing your rotations!

Disc 39 today and a set from Ab Hits. I then got a massage today and I think the effects from that are going to be worse than the workout! :p My meetup group workout is tomorrow, I think it's going to be cardio focussed this time. And hopefully, not out in the rain!

Have a great week babes!

Planning on finishing up the last week of meso 2 and I may repeat it next week since the workouts are around 45 min! Yea! then just getting walks in between. I can see myself doing this as I get older, just 3 heavy wt workouts a week with walking or some other lighter workout in between.

The great weather continues! Have a nice week everyone

Tracy - Thanks :eek:. I must say, PS is kicking my behind this time :eek:! I don't know if it's the barometric pressure, or if I'm working it harder/better than ever, or if I'm just becoming a wimp - but yowza! And I've even pyramided down on 95% of it :eek:. It's just so fast - I must be slowing down over the years :p.

Melinda - So glad one of us is enjoying beautiful weather ;)! But good for you - after all the traveling you do, you deserve to have great weather the one month you're home!

Rhea - Where ya hiding, girl :(?????????

Reece - Did you find us :)?

Oh... So I see how it is... My thread wasn't good enough being on time and all? Ha Ha.. Just kidders.

No workouts to report. I've been exhausted! I could have worked out this weekend but I spent the weekend in town with BF.

So I think I'm going to do a functional fitness rotation with Cathe cardio thrown in. I'm going to start with Core Foundations tonight and MMA Fusion. I am hoping that Functional training will help my shoulder/collar bone issue.

Melinda- I think I need to give MMA a second chance.

Work has been hectic and overwhelming. I move the store Memorial Day weekend. I have so much to do. I'm really stressing about the advertising plan for the move. I'm just not educated enough to know what will work for advertising.

Have a great workout!

I'm here, just not been able to post. Computer time is too limited. DH hogged all weekend and just not always time at work.

So, did not do the Burn Circuit #3 on Friday, niggle in back was just too much, so I opted out. I rested all weekend (had a teeny bit of a cold or something too, was just tired, tired, tired.)

Okay, Monday....finished up the Burn Circuit #3 (oh, BTW, that is the Chalene Extreme series) Then I did Cardio Axe.. from the Brazil Butt lift workout. It is such a lower body burn, whew. Not for the CCC though. Took me three times to get it down good and I still have problems on some of the moves. (only when I totally screw up the feet)

Today I did Cardio Axe again, and then the High and Tight with the band. I actually had to wimp out on the end with the floor work (and no ankle weights) Talk about a bun burner.....aye, youch. I actually will have to work up to doing the whole workout. I think that I'll put Chalene on hold or alternate every other week with her and then BBL for a while. I really want to see what type of results I get with Leandro and the BBL workout. If I keep up with Chalene, I won't be able to add the sculpt and the one I did today too much since it is totally muscle toning. Once I get them down, I might be able to add some weights on alternate days, but I think I have to get the endurance part down or my legs may freeze up!!

Well, I had better get going. Talk to you later!

Reece - Sorry, I looked for a thread on Friday but didn't see one :). Good luck with the advertising - that's really a tough thing to figure out :(!

Rhea - Tell DH to quit being a computer hog :mad: because you've got an adoring public awaiting your presence :p! Boy - sounds like you have made yourself one hurtin' unit this week :eek:!

Hi All,

Tuesday was MMA Fusion. I think I like it a bit better than last time. I still like MMAKbox best so far.
Last night was Athletic step and half of Core Foundations. I definately liked AS more this time around. Man I must have been in a real funk in Jan/Feb. Which I was with all the drama. Anyways this series is exciting for me again! I really feel CF this morning. I didn't have time for all of it. I should have done that one first.

Anyways.... To new beginings!

Reece, the first time I did STS I didn't really care for it. Sometimes it takes a few tries of a workout before making a final decision on it.

Wed did BM2 step cardio and abs and stretch. It was a nice change of pace, I really enjoyed myself with that.

I am so sleepy now, but want to do a weight workout today. I'm sure I'll get the energy up.

Hi babes! I looked for your thread too Reece but couldn't find it. :( I hope all goes well with your store move! What kind of budget do you have for advertising? I'm not real educated on marketing, do you feel you need to do more than put notices in your current store? Of the MMA, the Kbox is my favorite one too. :)

Melinda, we got wet snow today! :eek: I can't figure out what month it is. :rolleyes:

Lita, I was thinking of doing a premix of PS upper body next week! Now I'm not so sure. :p I did the GS upper body timesavers today and they really kicked me hard! So maybe we're in the same boat! I think it's a barometric pressure thing because we're certainly not wimpy or slowing down!

Rhea, your workouts sound tough! I'm going to have to check out that Brazil Butt workout! And Chalene too. Lord knows I don't have enough workouts now! :D Hope DH lets you have the pooter whenever you want!

I did Step Moves on Tuesday, had dinner with a friend yesterday and did upper body stuff today with GS. Next week will be my last STS strength disc for legs. I do like it, it's slow and heavy and a change of pace. :)

Have an awesome Friday and weekend babes!

Thanks, Tracy, I was beginning to wonder :eek:! I want to repeat PS again to see if it kicks me again - but I think I'm going to put a week in between so it doesn't outright kill me :p! I've been thinking GS too - but boy, with the hurtin' PS put on me, I'm not sure I'd live through GS :eek:!

Lita, I was having a tough time with the intense cardio last week, felt sick to my stomach and ended up stopping the workout. I wondered what was going on because I haven't experienced that in awhile. I do think weather affects our energy.

Got a book on hypertrophy training for my son. Very interesting, I may give it a try for a change of pace. I don't think I will be getting bulkier but may help me boost up my strength more. I know I should redo those 1RM tests on this site.

May just do some cardio today, have a stationary bike I got from my parents house. It's a recombant one, so we put in in the living room in front of the tv. I may just watch a movie and pedal away!

Melinda - Sounds like that weather is affecting all of us all over the country! But while I don't want any of you to suffer, I'm glad I'm not alone ;). Wow - the only bike I ever had was too noisy to watch TV while riding - talk about boring :p!

Hi fit babes! I felt QUITE a bit of DOMS from GS last week, hoowee! Darn barometric pressure! :mad:

I hope you are feeling better Melinda! Did you watch a movie and pedal away?

Good idea on giving your hurtin' arms a rest Lita! They will thank you for it. :) Have you ever thought of doing the upper body work of 4DS in your rotation? I've thought of doing that because it's slow and heavy for the most part, just haven't investigated it enough yet.

I admit I am somewhat confused. Why is it I feel less DOMS from slow and heavy workouts than when I do faster paced workouts with lighter weights?

I've never had an exercise bike, treadmill or elliptical machine. I know for a fact at my house they would have all become coat racks, tv or no tv! :D

I finished up the leg work from STS today and I definitely felt it but it didn't kill me. I even checked my notes from other leg workouts and I am using heavier weight here. So there's my confusion cropping up again! :p

Have a great week babes!

Tracy - I am the same way! I think, for me, it's because I've gotten away from the endurance type workouts and have focused more on strength the last couple of years. I feel I get more from strength - and I know it burns more fat. BUT, by the same token, if my body feels more worked from endurance, maybe it's trying to tell me something :rolleyes:.....

It was 4DS I did the first week of this current rotation. I was going to repeat it this 3rd week but honestly, I just think some of the upper body is lacking something. So I opted to go with more circuit-type work this week and will hit PS next week to finish the month up. I think if I dropped the cardio and doubled the upper body work, I'd feel like I got more out of it. But that kinda defeats the whole purpose behind them and how they were done :p.

Hi Girls,

Last night was Kickbox Surge. 2nd time I've done this one as well. I think I look like an idot with those switch kicks. I liked this a lot more this time around. I guess I was in a funk when I dated Patrick and just had too much drama going on to really enjoy anything.
Spending some days with my boyfriend this week so not sure when I'll get workouts in.

Have a great week!

Hello everyone!

Been MIA, sorry, just haven't really had time to do much posting, but I have been lurking!!

Okay, so workouts, I've been pretty good with keeping up. Weekends I tend to fall apart and be too busy or lazy to workout. Monday - no run in a.m. cause no good sleep that night. But made up for it with BBL's Cardio Axe and then High and Tight. Yesterday was Sculpt from that series....can I say, wow, surprised me. Thought I would breeze through it and I did for the most part, but last night, I was tired and a bit sore. Some of the exercises I had a bit of trouble with, like the darn mermaid move. Great move for the abs and chest....you sit like a mermaid, place your hands on the floor in a push up position at the side of you, then lower chest to floor, push up and then lift legs and switch them to the other side and lower them close to the floor in that mermaid position. (don't know if that is a good description or not) You are not supposed to touch your legs back down on the floor unless you are level one (totally level one here!)

Today should be Cardio Axe and Bum Bum. I think.

Hope your feeling better Melinda! I get that way if I have been eating incorrectly and not enough protein or too many simple carbs before workout. (get that darn low blood sugar shakes, queasiness and rubber legs)

Wow, I keep yaking! Better get back to work. Have a great rest of the day everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.