Let's Go ~+~+~+Weekend Update~+~++~6/7-8

TXGin

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies!

Today was The Method 20/20 Pilates and then SM 2 (with Stab. ball). Have you guys ever done a pilates dvd with Jennifer Kries? I think she is a great instructor. Her voice is very soothing and her cueing is excellent. I think her background is dance. Very graceful.
I have been reading the book, Skinny Bitch. Don't like the title and really don't like the language in the book, but they discuss all the bad food that we eat and strongly encourage being a vegan.

Deanie--Yeah to summer and sleeping later! I still get up at 5 on MWF to run with my working friends, but on the other days, I have been sleeping later. Did you do 4ds KB today? One of your favs.:)

Marcy--Are you through with the classes at the gym? Sounds like they were overall pretty good and challenging.
I saw that Whopper Jr. and fries on your menu!!;-) DH came home with veggie pizza last night and I had 2 slices. I rarely eat pizza. Good luck with the law firm interview Monday!

Menu--B-1 c. berries, steel cut oats, soy milk, flax seed, wheat germ
S-1/2 c. cottage cheese
L-turkey and veggies in 1/2 ww pita pocket, veggies
S-2 cheese sticks, peach
D-??out with friends

have a great day!
Gin:)

Good Afternoon!

Today was just SM2. I really needed a good stretch. My back was really aching.

Today I got a free haircut (coupons welcoming me to the neighborhood) then went shopping at the mall - got 2 tops (1 ecru cap sleeve and 1 black halter top with a clasp belt - peplum style) and a mulberry color sheath dress. I used to never be able to wear sheath dresses (too hippy). We also had free tickets to the movies. I wanted to see Sex in the City and DH wanted to see Indiana Jones. Since he waited so long for me while I tried things on, I gave in and we saw Indy. It was pretty good but I have to admit I nodded off a little towards the end. DH liked it.

Gin - I've never done Jennifer Kries (maybe Deanie has) but I wanted to get her New Body Ballet DVD (I think that's the title). I've heard of Skinny Bitch but never read it. I read a book awhile ago called "The Park Avenue Diet" which advocates as much calcium as possible. I'm through with classes at the gym for now. It was fun. Before this, I hadn't been to a gym since I was in my early 20s.

Hi Deanie! Did your boys have games today? With the chin/pull pyramid, is this for all in one day or do you do 1/1/5/5 on Monday, then 2/2/10/10 on Tuesday, etc.?

Meals: Breakfast - Kashi Heart to Heart and Strawberries
Snack - 1/2 Fiber One Bar
Lunch - Veggie Wrap and 1 taco
Snack - Yogurt
Dinner - Probably hamburgers but I do buy 93% lean and veggies.

I will start the rotation with you on Monday.

Hope you're having a great weekend!

Marcy

Hi Again!

Have you guys taken a look at the updated blog??

Marcy--Glad you will be joining us next week with the rotation! It's been a while since we were all doing the same thing.
Sounds like today was your "Free" day.
I rented "Dan in Real Life" from Netflix that came today. I remember you saw that one.

Hi Deanie! B-ball games today?

Good Morning Gals :)

Rest day for me today. Pool Max for me later today.

Yesterday I did 4DS kickbox and abs. Showered, ate and ran out of the house with snacks and gatorade and water in a cooler, and me and the boys with lotion on, by 10:30 a.m. Older DS had a 10:30 warm up and 11 a.m. game. However, with playoffs there is no time limit for games, so the game on the field before him ran late, and his game started at 11:45 instead. (did I mention the 93 degrees weather???) His game lasted until 2- they won:7 :7 ! We came home, got the noodles cooked for dinner, changed into bathing suits, ate, and ran out to drop off older Ds at his friends house, and younger DS and I went to the pool. (older DS and his friend were going to meet us there) spent from 3ish till 8pm at the pool! I was one big sweat ball by the end of the day!!! We left the pool when it started thundering, and by the time we got home there was a full blown storm. We lost power again for 3 hoursx( !! DH was VERY angry!!x( needless to say, today I am taking it easy till about 2ish and we'll head to the pool again.

Gin~ I have done tapes with Jennifer Kries and yes, I do really like her. She is a trained ballerina from what I understand. never read Skinny Bitch, but I have heard of it. I'm thinking if you eat clean, or as clean as possible, your good. I do know they put chemicals in the animals we eat, is that why they recomend being vegan? How was the workout today? Did you increase any weights?

Marcy~ I hope your back feels better. I wasn't so thrilled with Indy either, but it was okay. Here is how to do the pyramid: 1/1/5 then move right into 2/2/5 then right into 3/3/5 etc. then go down the pyramid. all at one time in one day. like doing sets. Hope that makes sense. i do the pyramid on chest and back days and on leg day I will be doing the chin ups and pull ups only and trying to do the highest number from the pyramids earlier in the week: if I went up to 4 chins 4 pull ups and then back down the pyramid on day one, on leg day I try to do 4 chins and 4 pulls only between the leg workouts. Does that make sense? so I only do the pyramid thing on chest and back day. Really happy you will be doing the rotation with us.

Meals:
b: egg beaters cheese, onion, spinach, tomatoe omlete, challah w/fake butter, orange
l: tofu stir fry and 1/2 whole wheat bagel
s: banana and strawberries
d: 3 bean pasta (kidney beans, chickpeas and green beans w/whole wheat egg noodles and mustard vinegarette sauce)
s: yogert

Off to check out the blog and have some coffee
Have a great day!!!!
Deanie

Good Afternoon!

Today was 4ds C&B and LIS abs. I upped the one arm row to 27# from 24# last week. I was holding a 15 and 12 together. A little uncomfortable. The rest was the same as last week.
This morning I saw the Tony Horton's 10 minute workout infomercial. I am not interested in buying it, but just wondered how that works. You really only work out for 10 minutes every day?
Tomorrow I start my week of teaching Summer Fun. It will be my last week at the pre-school.

Deanie--Enjoy the pool today! It is hot here, too! TX summers are always HOT!:p Sounds like you had a busy day yesterday!
Yes, the Skinny Bitch book does recommend becoming a vegan because of all the chemicals put in the animals we eat!x(
Speaking of becoming a vegan....How do you make the tofu stir fry?:9

Marcy--Will you be starting the rotation with us tomorrow?:) Good luck with your interview tomorrow. Is it similar to your last job?

Have a great day!

ETA:
I am also excited about the Blog Update, but am so challenged when it comes to the computer. I hope I can figure it out!:eek:

Good Afternoon!

Today I did Power Yoga for Happiness - Strong, Free & Happy (53 mins.) Had a pretty good practice. Did crow and some other arm balances, side and reverse planks. Backbends were good. Ab work was a little tough. Yoga abs are sometimes harder than regular ab work. Mark Blanchard also says that on his Progressive yoga DVDs.

Meals: Didn't really have dinner last night. Only had cucumber salad that I made (really good) and some low fat ice cream. I guess in this heat, I just wasn't that hungry.

Today: B - 1 egg, egg whites, scallions and orange peppers with whole wheat toast.
Snack - A few cashews and almonds and 1/2 fiber one bar
Lunch - 2 small hamburgers with tomato and onion and cucumber salad
Snack - Yogurt or triscuits and roasted red pepper hummus
Dinner - Chicken cutlets (but I'm going to try and find a good recipe on Spark People) and veggies

I saw the blog and the workout manager sounds awesome. I hope we get STS by the end of the month. Is that wishful thinking?

Gin - Congrats on upping your 1 arm row. I hold two dumbbells together all the time. A little uncomfortable but you start to get used to it. Occasionally, my wrists give out though. I will be starting the rotation tomorrow. The job is about the exact same as the one I left so I'm hoping everything works out. I really enjoyed Dan in Real Life. If you get a chance and haven't seen it yet, get P.S. I Love You with Hilary Swank. Great romantic comedy, drama. I haven't looked at Tony's latest but I'm not even going to. I'll just be glad when STS comes which should keep me busy for quite a while.

Deanie - Congrats on DS's win. Enjoy the pool. It's mid-90s here too. We had a slight power outage for a few seconds last night but it went right back on. The pyramids sound really tough. I'll see how far I get with them.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Marcy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.