KK's May 2010 Thread

Rhea

Cathlete
Okay, here it is. Hope everyone can find it.

Janie are you back yet? Hope you took lots of pictures.

I'm still on my "off" on the workouts. Just haven't got the motivation quite yet to get back "on." I was going to start this afternoon after my hair appointment, but then DH announced that he was going to come home as soon as he could so we could get all the patio furniture out....hrumph. Guess there goes that plan.

Hope ya'll doing well. Talk to you soon.

HI!

I'm not sure why this post wasn't in the check ins and challenges. But anyway, thanks for starting it Rhea. I'll post and see if it registers.

The tour is starting to taper off now. I have my last blog tomorrow and booksigning here in the area on Saturday -- but then I'm off on the road and have signing in Houston on the Friday after.

I've been keeping up with my workouts, but goodness, my weight is up --- I think it's a blood sugar thing. I don't normally put fruit in my green drink because my body can't deal with that sugar too well -- and I started putting apples in it cause it tasted better. I think after a few weeks it sent my blood sugar out of wack. So now I'm recovering from that. Today was Pyramid Upper Body and yesterday was Blast Lower Body -- tough workout -- of course I have to make them shorter -- 35-40 minutes. And then there's walking the dogs at night.

Anyway, Jeanette, hope your bus trip was good and I bet golf was great. HIS is such a great workout, as Push/Pull.

I'm off to visit more bookstores today. Have a great day!:D

Hi Everyone,

I need to read the posts I've missed to catch up with all of you, but in the mean time, I have just a few pictures to show you. I've picked the best most interesting ones and will periodically show others from time to time.

386789407.jpg

The Cruise Ship called Celebrity Mercury

386789402.jpg

My sister Joy on the left and our family friend Ellen, I'm the one on the right.LOL This is usually where we have breakfast.

386790700.jpg

My new best friend!

386789406.jpg

My brother and I dancing at the night club.

386789409.jpg

An amazing nail work done on our ship. Not my nails though. Believe it or not they were done with USA paper money. WOW!

386790704.jpg

Our last formal dinning experience. Starting from the top to left is: Steve (Patty's fiancee a friend of my brothers), ME, then Timmy (my brother); Second row; Patty (Steve's fiancee a friend of my brother) and Diane (my brother's fiancee), the fourth row is Dusty (brother in law), and the last row is Ellen (family friend) and Joy (my sissy)

Will talk again. Need to unpack and get acclimated to home again.

Can't wait to catch up with all of you,

Janie

Last edited:
Joey and I did Total Body Sculpting using heavy weight and doing the workout twice. I also did a 30 min. cardio on my climber.

Pictures of the Cliff divers excursion:
386875656.jpg
386875648.jpg

386875645.jpg
386875642.jpg

I'll check tonight to see how you all are doing,

Janie

Last edited:
In about an hour I will be doing a cardio for almost an hour. Yikes!

Warning: WOOHOO! These are celebrators after the divers performances. Very unique and, well, (swallowing hard) you get an eye full.:eek::eek::eek:

386873548.jpg
386873545.jpg

386873542.jpg
386873539.jpg

386873536.jpg
386875099.jpg

Take care everyone and have a great weekend,

Janie

Those are such great pictures Janie! Sounds like you had a blast.

How did the cardio go? I've only worked out once this weekend, Friday. Did a new Christi Taylor (well, new for me) It is a good one. Ultimate Core Cardio. I'll be doing it again tomorrow so I can get the foot work down. Once I get it down, I know I'll burn extra calories.

I'm going to have to get a rotation written down for the next few months. I've decided that I'm going to enter the Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle summer challenge (98 days long) so I will focus on the goals for my fitness. It is going to start around the 24th of this month. That's all I know about it so far. I can't wait. (well, for now i can since I have a lot of work to do to get prepared!)

Have a great rest of the weekend everyone. Hope all is doing well.

Joey and I had a rest day today. Will be doing a full body workout tomorrow plus a cardio for me. Most likely will do one of the STS Cardios.

We decided to get a little dog, so Joey and I have been on the computer for the last couple of days trying to find what we think would be a good match for us. We wanted a female for sure and had to have short hair and it must be a puppy.

From hybrids to purebreds we kept searching. Then I found this sight called Adopt A Pet in Shelton (our town) that was only 10 or 15 min. away from us.

I went there and saw 4 terrier and chihuahua mix dogs there. They weren't baby puppies, but they did look young. I had my eye on two of them, but one really grabbed my heart.

Went home to get Joey to look at them. They were all males, and no one knew how old they were or their stories, except someone rescued them from CA. and They were scheduled to be euthanized today. But they were saved! The person that is in charge had a day off today. So there weren't a lot of questions answered.

Joey and I kept noticing one of them, and how much it looked like Molly. We held it and loved it. The temperament, cuddling, licking, it seemed we had Molly in our arms except this dog had short hair and was male!

We asked each other the same question at the same time and said "This looks and acts like Molly!" We held him some more and knew we had to have this dog.

As we were talking to the kennel cleaners and fixer uppers, the manager just happen to come in. We told her how interested we were in adopting him and if we could please take him home today. She said she was very busy and to come back tomorrow and we could have him by Thursday. As I was holding him, I asked her "By Thursday? I don't want him in here a minute longer and would really like to take him home today". She said tomorrow she will get everything ready for us to take him home and that one more night with his companions will be OK.

We weren't looking for an older dog (he may be 3 years old) not looking for a male, but man, he grabbed our hearts because he was such a kind and gentle doggie. In memory of Molly, and because he looks and acts so much like her, we are going to name him Rolly.

I'm in the middle of making him meals, went to the store and bought liver, chicken hearts, stew meat, hamburger (all things we don't eat) and bones for him to chew on. Took down all of Molly's toys and going to donate them to Rolly. Will put them in the washing machine to clean them up. I do have a bran new stuffed animal just for him to bite on when he gets here tomorrow. And he will be sleeping under the covers with me every night.

I don't know how this happened looking for one thing and finding something entirely different, yet very familiar. Do you think Molly might of had anything at all to do with this? I wonder sometimes. Or maybe it's just the chihuahua and terrier mix disposition.

We are excited as can be, and after our exercises tomorrow we will have another addition to our family. I just can't wait! We expect to have him for 10 or more years. His life will be full of wonder and excitement and very busy and full of love and everything a doggie could possibly want out of life. We all are going to be very happy. But, I did cry for my Molly and felt like I was pushing her aside, but I'm not. She will always be in my mind and memories, always.

Take care every one. Will be taking lots of pictures for you to see.

Janie

Janie - I can't wait to see Rolly. No explanation for the picking of him, he picked you. He was ready to adopt you and give you his love. I'd be excited too...

Well, I did TLT's Defining Shape today. Wow, that was a toughie at times. Must do that one more often. Also added on Cardio Axe from BBL. Also been reading up on BFFM, got a few more pages to go, so at least a couple of chapters a day and then I want to finish up the Holy Grail which goes into a bit more on the day to day stuff i think. Well, off to clean the kitchen and lovely fun stuff like that. Have a great rest of the weekend.

Hi all,
Hope everyone is well. I started one of Fitness Freak's rotations: 2010 Get Ready for Summer. Today's workout was the step only from Step, Jump and Pump, then the step only from Cardio & Weights.

Janie, sounds and looks like you had a wonderful time on your cruise. Love the pics and thanks for sharing them with us. Just want you to know that we adopted a Chihuahua/Terrier cross last September from the Pups on Parole program at the prison I work at. We named her Foxy because she kind of looks like a little fox. DH loves her and she follows him around and acts like we raised her from a puppy, though she is probably around 2 now. I think Molly did have something to do with you getting this new dog. I say, when it just hits you, go with it!!!

Rhea, that's really exciting about the BFFM challenge you will be doing. Keep us posted, okay? Hope our weather is on the upswing now. Soo tired of snow and sunburn in the same week.

Hi Karen, know you are busy, busy.

I've been cycling one day a week with the ladies and hope I can do a little more. Also playing golf 2-3 times a week too. Just not enough hours in the day.

Gotta run,

Jeanette

387051980.jpg
387051977.jpg

After a shot Rolly just wasn't feeling very well. He's resting. Joey says he tolerates Rolly. Yeah right!
387051975.jpg
387051974.jpg
387051973.jpg

Rolly, most of the time, looks like he is smiling.LOL Isn't that cute?

Rhea, I think you are right, he picked us. We are so fortunate. We love this little guy the first time we held him.

Good job on TLT's and BBL. TLT is a tough workout. Don't you just love the fun factor in BBL? There is a lot of info from BFFM to live by and it works. Is the Holy Grail a book you are reading? Enjoy the rest of your day.

Jeanette, Any of FitnessFreaks rotations are good, but this one sounds very interesting and different. Good job on your workouts today.

Does Foxy look at all like Rolly? Love the mixed breeds, they are so gentle and intelligent.

Continue enjoying cycling and golf. Got to have time for stuff you really like.

Janie

Darn I can't see the picutres at work. I'll have to wait until I get to the home computer.

Janie - the Holy Grail is another one of Tom Vento's e-books. It just came out. A bit more detailed on the calorie cycling and discussion on the fat burn/muscle build at the same time and how have to reallly plan for what you want.

Okay, back to work.

I'm going to have to read the Holy Grail then. I'm missing something for sure. I love Tom's information.

Janie

Hope this works:

Janie, here are pics of little Foxy. I think she's a chihuahua-terrier cross.

Today was a bike ride after work, we did 19 miles and the weather was great, for a change. No workout this morning as I knew I was riding this afternoon. Tomorrow morning will be Muscle Max.

Hi Rhea.

Attachments

• 2009 Photos (Misc.,golf, quilt, Davis Creek) 011.jpg
    2009 Photos (Misc.,golf, quilt, Davis Creek) 011.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2009 Photos (Misc.,golf, quilt, Davis Creek) 040.jpg
    2009 Photos (Misc.,golf, quilt, Davis Creek) 040.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi all,
Yesterday's workout was Muscle Max. After work, I had a golf lesson with a pro. That has left my head full of thoughts as he's changing my whole beginner swing. Going to play this morning, we'll see how it goes.

Bye,

Joey and I did TBS as usual using heavy weight. Took Rolly out for an hour long fast paced walk.

Jeanette
, Good job on your workout. Who is the mysterious pro you mentioned. Sounds like this person gave you a lot of tips on golfing.:)

Rhea, LOL, I kiss Rolly all day long, especially when he does good. What a doggie! I'm very pleased with him.
387152245.jpg
387160451.jpg

Rolly on the left and Molly on the right. A lot a like?

Take care all,

Janie

Last edited:
Hi,
Today's workout was Step Blast. Yesterday's exercise was walking 18 holes of golf at a brisk pace (have to keep up with the girls in carts).

Janie, Rolly and Molly do look similar. Did you see my pics above of our Foxy? I decided to not pursue further lessons with the golf instructor this year. I'm really not that desperate to change (yet). My current swing is working okay and it takes a long time to make swing changes. I can see possibly in the future, just not at this time. I told him that yesterday when I saw him at the course.

DH is watching the NASCAR race right now, I'm doing housework and watering. When the race is over, we're going to take the pups out to the woods and scope out a spot to camp for Memorial Day. Hope we can find a dry one.

Jeanette

Joey and I did MM today and I will be walking Rolly soon.

Jeanette, I did see your pictures of your Foxy. Sorry I didn't comment. He looks just like Rolly except darker, and the ears stand up. Aren't they precious, those chihuahua mix with terrier?

Great job on your weekend workouts and golfing. You are full on energy I see. Good for you.

Can't blame you for not wanting to mid change with your golfing. Someday.

Did you scope out a wonderful camping spot, and how is the weather?

Have a great and fun day.

Janie

:DGood afternoon!

I've been keeping up with the workouts and all the yard and housework which is not leaving much time for the computer. Oh well.

I don't know if you know, but KK is in Montana right now. I get e-mails from her writer's website and she had to cancel one of her book signings and head back home and then to Montana. Her DH's mom (if I remember right) became very ill and they had to head up to be with her.

Hope everyone else is doing great. I'm also getting ready for the BFFM challenge which starts next week! I can't believe that it is already here. Got to finish reading everything and organizing. eeek..:eek:

Hi,
Today's workout was STS Legs, Disk 20. I played golf this afternoon and the DOMS started kicking in while I walked the course. Been a while since I've worked my legs in a workout. Hmmmm, tomorrow is Low Max and a bike ride after work.

Rhea, you sound so excited about the BFFM Challenge. Hope you do really well with it, bet you will.

Janie, we haven't scoped out a camping spot yet. Still have that to do. DH took our German Shorthair to Reno today to the vet for her last checkup on the knee operation. She's doing well, though still has a pretty good limp. Anyway, she doesn't seem to be in pain, and that's what we were after.

KK, big hugs to you, and so sorry for the loss of your MIL. We look forward to seeing you back on here pretty soon. Take care and drive careful.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.