KK's June Check In

Netta

Cathlete
Good morning,

Today was S&H Shoulders, followed by a couple segments of CTX 10-10-10 to make up 60 minutes. Good little workout. Last night's hill climb was good. The weather was iffy so we only got 9 riders, but 3 ladies so that was good. I had a great ride, besting my last year's time by nearly 2 minutes. I pushed and it hurt. Tomorrow will be a long bike ride of about 80 miles. Getting ready for the Chester century ride on June 16th. Haven't done much in the way of long distance yet.

Rhea, glad you are getting the golfing in. Sounds like so much fun. Hope you enjoy the Christi workouts. I think she's great and it keeps my mind working.

Karen, sorry the weight loss is slow, are you still eating the coconut oil? I have a tri-tip BBQ at lunch at work today for a co-worker that is moving to Sacramento. Will your tour have a lot of driving every day? Hope you can get those revisions done.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Well, dragged myself out of bed this morning and did the P90 sculpt. Back is a bit sore today. Probably from all the twisting in golf. Today, no golf, too much to do. So the rest will do me good. Only got in nine holes yesterday, the thunderstorm chased us away. It got a little, okay a lot windy and rainy when we were playing. The last two holes were very interesting. Hard to hit the ball well when the wind knocks it back 30 feet.

Got to tun, much to do and just not enough time it seems. Have a great weekend everyone!

Good Evening!:)

Did get those revisions done -- but it was a little tough -- as the book was printing (my printer is slow) I was doing the edits.x( But I finally got the whole thing done and sent off to my editor -- so that's off my mind, at least. Yea!

Tomorrow starts the tour -- our first booksigning will be in Bakersfield -- so I'm right now getting ready for that -- got the hair done -- dyed -- and the fingernails scuplted and toenails painted. ;)

As soon as I post this -- I'm going to look at my bills and see what I need to do right away.

Wow, Jeanette, 80 miles tomorrow. Hope the scenery is beautiful. You are in such a gorgeous part of the country -- I bet it will be simply wonderful. And that's so cool that you bested your best time -- I am so impressed with this -- riding my bike around, I often think of you -- it's not all that easy...

Rhea, you made me smile again -- could just picture you hitting the ball and it swinging back 30 feet. So well done for getting up and doing the P90 scuplt. So well done.

Well, I'm about to get up and get ready for this tour. I'm fairly well prepared, but there's always so much to do. Have a super weekend end -- and Becky, when you have a chance, let us know how you're doing. :7

Well, the all day seminar is done. Whew! First one I've ever done -- glad it's behind me. But it went pretty well. Pretty much a packed audience, too. Anyway, my rotation this week is easy -- I'm going to repeat the CTX series -- they are somewhat shorter which I will need this week.

This week begins the tour in earnest. Deep sigh. Oh, and today I didn't have time to do ME or Bootcamp, so I did an older workout tape of the FIRM -- cardio sculpt with -- well, i can't remember her name, but it's a good workout for 30 minutes.

Have a super day everyone! Jeanette -- hope your hill climbing was good -- Rhea -- hope you got in some rounds of golf. And Becky -- hope that study is going well.:7

Good morning,

Today was Leg Day for me so I did Lower Pyramid stability ball legs, tacked on Squeeze leg workouts and flat abs, then switched to Turbo Abs. Nice workout.

Yesterday, I was tired from my 88 mile bike ride on Saturday so just did S&H biceps. Started to do a couple more workouts, but just didn't feel motivated enough. I did do a little bit of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Step. Looks like it will be fun. Did some housework, yardwork and then went out to the woods with DH and the dogs. Had a wonderful relaxing time. Tonite DH and I will take the Rhino out to the nearby woods and do some riding. He's off today so will have the flatbed hooked up with the Rhino on it, ice chest full and dogs raring to go. Can't wait for work to be over.

Karen, glad you go in your workout, even though it's 30 minutes, sometimes we just need to do what we can do. Know you will be fabulous for the tour. Are you off to somewhere today?

Rhea, did you go golfing? Get the workouts in?

Hi Becky,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Whew, what a busy weekend. Not even time for working out or golf. Saturday was the car show in Quincy. Hot and sunny, lots of great old cars. Ate terribly of course. Yesterday was yard work that I just couldn't stop doing (even though I really didn't want to do yard work, but DH has a party for his workers on Friday, so I kept plugging along doing things.) Then we had a wedding reception to attend at 4:00 p.m. That sort of shot the day.

This morning, up at five, a little slow and sore for some reason. Did P90 sweat. I hopefully will be able to golf this afternoon....get teed off before the men's club starts. Otherwise, I'll sneak in another cardio or something if I don't get to golf. I'd like to be able to get some sewing in too...

Well, better get going.

Becky - if you get to read....goood luck this week. I think this is your boards week, right?

It was CTX Power Circuit this morning -- it was my day off today -- but it was not really like a day off -- still had work to do -- but it was nice, still -- slower day.

We have about 8 stores to visit tomorrow and then a signing on Wed. and then more stores to visit (or drop by). Tomorrow is supposed to be 10-10-10. Really like this CTX series -- and the fact that they're at or under an hour is perfect for me.

Jeanette -- 88 miles. Good grief. That's a long way to go in a car, let alone bike it. No wonder you didn't feel like doing much the day after... I'm suprised you did any housework.:eek: But I think it's admirable that you did. Well Done, Jeanette. Also sound like today was exciting -- plus relaxing. Nice.

Rhea -- not even any golf, huh? But a car show sounds fun -- and yard work always makes me feel good for some reason. My hubby got in some tomato plants and pepper plants -- and we're looking to put in some grapes this year, as well. We already have strawberries planted and those are fun each year. And I have a few herbs, not many but a few for cooking, etc. Sewing would be so non-stressful, huh? (Although it can be stressful for me -- all thumbs.)

Hi Becky!

Well, hope your day tomorrow is filled with good workouts and lots of good things.:7

Good morning ladies!

Today was GS Chest, which I enjoyed and used my 20# DB's for, plus did all the pushups on my toes. I then followed it up with about 30 minutes of Tracey Staehles's High Intensity Step, first 5 combos without the blast. I have a bike ride after work with the fellas. Think they will be doing some hill work. It will be intense and will have blasts so I didn't feel I needed the blasts this morning too.

Last evening after work, DH and I took the girls in the Rhino and we went out for a ride on the big mountain near our house. It got pretty cold up there. I kept thinking we'd see a bear or mtn. lion, just felt very remote! Fun, though. Will have to do this ride again when it warms up. It was chilly last night.

Rhea, your weekend sounded busy. Bet the car show was nice. Your DH has a Camaro is it? I remember seeing a classic car in your driveway once. Did you get your golf in yesterday? DH and I drove to the end of Gold Run road where we unloaded the Rhino and rode up on Diamond. Has been years since I've been on that road. We were way the heck up there.

Karen, 8 stores today? Wow, I am in awe. Good thing you do all of the cardio to make you stronger. Glad you are enjoying CTX, thought it would fit in with your lifestyle and time challenges.

Got to run, it was busy at work yesterday, hope it goes smoothly today. You can never count on things to run smoothly in a prison situation.

Jeanette

Wow! Your workout sounds intense, Jeanette -- 20 lb weight on chest -- I'm in awe of that -- I've never used weights that high on chest -- though my weights are steadily creeping up there.:) And push ups on your toes. Way to go. I can't do many on my toes either -- but again, I keep improving...

It was 10-10-10 today -- these one body parts a day are intense -- much more intense than working out the whole body, I've noticed. Tomorrow is something with the step, but it looks like fun -- I also have to get going earlier tomorrow -- we have a signing in downtown LA and then we go to Santa Monica for the rest of the day. Whew!

That ride up Big Mountain sounds so relaxing and so in tune with the world around us. Wonderful.

Well, gotta get off to bed and I always have so many things I have to do before hand. Have a terrific day everyone and some great workouts! Oh, and hello Rhea! Hi Becky! :7

Good Morning,
Today was GS Triceps, Blast Only premix (only 5 blasts) from Imax2 and then the abs from Cardio & Weights. I really like the idea of the blast premix and it does have the recovery inbetween blasts. I ran out of time so only did 5 blasts. Never got the bike ride in yesterday as the weather was crummy, with wind and rain. May try to get that bike ride in today after work as it's supposed to be warmer.

Karen, you are busy, busy with your tour. Is that a lot of driving today? Hope it goes well. I like the variety in 10-10-10, it moves along well and has a good intensity to it.

Hi to Rhea and Becky,

Jeanette

Good morning...

I forgot to post yesterday. Oops.

Yesterday I got up and did the P90 scuplt. No golf yesterday because of the weather. This morning was a yoga session. I don't plan on playing golf tonight, so I'm thinking that I will do one of the Christi Taylor cardios, just to get some cardio in today. I just wasn't up to doing cardio this morning. I think I do yoga at least every Wed morning and then if no golf, a small workout in the afternoon. The yoga felt very good. Even though it was very cold in my house this morning, I had to turn the heater on.

Oaky, better get to work. Have a great day everyone!

Sorry I haven't checked in lately. I've been studying like a madwoman. Tomorrow is my exam. Send me well-wishes between 10am-6pm central time!

Pretty soon it will be over.

-Becky

Becky -- I'll be sending you all kinds of vibes -- go Becky!

Jeanette -- How was the blasts only on IMAX2? I've never done the blasts only, but it would certainly make for a good workout and wouldn't be horribly long. These CTX workouts are working out well -- very intense, yet under 1 hour -- particularly now that I'm on tour. Yeah, there's a lot of driving. Lots and lots. But at least it's all in the LA area -- LA, Orange, San Bernadino and Ventura counties. Whew!

Rhea -- How are you liking the P90's? That's so great that you like the yoga -- although I don't do yoga (I'm just not flexible enough) -- I love the stretches I do every week. Hope that Christi Taylor went well.

Well, it's quite late -- was late getting home tonight from the tour. Have a really super day tomorrow -- some terrific workouts and go, Becky!:7

Good morning,

Today was GS Back and then I did about 35 minutes of Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio. Very, very fun. Once you get used to Christi's very good cueing, she's fairly easy to follow. More complex than Cathe, but very fun for me, with lots of variety. I'm going to see about getting some of her "Totally Hot" workouts too. Got in an easy spin over to my parents house last night and will do a hill climb ride tonite. Weather is slowly getting warmer. Think it should be around 70 today, so good climbing weather. Have to call my girlfriend this morning to see if she wants to join me.

Karen, the blast premix is good! I recommend it, it was actually easier than I thought it would be. Short, but effective. Be careful driving today, okay? Hope your day is awesome.

Hi to Rhea and Becky,

Jeanette

Good morning!

GOOD LUCK BECKY!!! I know you will kick tush on the exams.

Since there was no golf yesterday (I think Wedns. will be my day off from golf) I did The Totally Hot Cardio from Christi Taylor. So much fun, fun music, fun moves and it went pretty fast. I felt like a bit of a spaz at times, but did pretty good for a first time through.

Well, have a great day everyone. Karen, drive safe. Jeanette, I think the weather is going to warm back up for some great biking. I sure hope so, this back to almost winter is not fun.

It was actually a more relaxing day today -- an easier day. Yea! But I woke up with neck and back spasms -- so only did a short cardio today and then a stretch. Can't turn my neck hardly at all -- I think it's due to -- well, I'm not sure what it's due to -- probably an accumulation of different things...I went too heavy on my weights one day -- and then yesterday we were walking on heels a little too far -- I think that didn't help. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow. If so, will do the All Step workout.

Jeanette -- Your workouts sound like alot of fun. Was noticing that one of Christi's workouts was in Collage -- and it wasn't too expensive. Think I might try that one. So glad you got in a spin, as well. And thanks for your thoughts -- yeah -- I need to stay alert on those roads.

Rhea -- And you did Totally Hot by Christi Taylor, as well. Go, Rhea!

Becky -- bet you're taking a nice break -- can't wait to hear from you.

Have a super day tomorrow and some wonderful workouts!:7

Hi ladies! My test was yesterday. I got up early and did a quick and fast 25 minutes on the treadmill to run out some nerves. I think it went really well. I am sure I passed...now I just want to know the score! I won't know for around 6 weeks. :(

I think I am going to do stretching/abs for a workout today. Its my birthday and we have company so I want something easy. :)

Hope everyone else is doing great. Sorry I haven't kept up w/ the threads. Things have been crazy lately!

-Becky

Good morning,
Today was GS Shoulders and then Gilad's Abs, ending with learning a couple combos of Christi Taylor's Sold Gold Step. Her step is so much fun! Keeps my mind busy. Got in the steep hill climb last night. Felt good and not too grueling and knees are good today. Up until a couple years ago, this climb would have really thrown me as it is TOUGH, TOUGH! (Rhea, it is the Janesville Grade up to Thompson Pk. turnoff).

DH and I will be heading to Reno to stay with DS and shopping for a wedding outfit for my nephew's wedding on the 23rd. Will be fun to shop with Cass (Karen, you met her in Reno). Looking forward to it greatly!

Becky, glad you got thru your testing. Bet you did fantastic! Happy Birthday to you, hope it's a great one!!!

Rhea, I ordered Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio and Totally Hot Step, and Stepsational from Deep Discount. Got all 3 for something like $21.

Karen, sure hope the neck is better today. What do you think you did to it? My neck area and upper back is my weak point, knock on wood, haven't had any injuries there in a long time.

Won't be checking in until Monday. Hope everyone has a great time.

Jeanette

It's been a busy weekend, with book signings and touring and such. And then the neck thing. Jeanette, I think that it happened on Thursday when I had to walk a great distance to a store -- all bogged down with book signing stuff -- heavy -- and in 3 1/2 heels all the way. I hadn't expected that. Usually have no trouble in heels, but I think I went a little too heavy on Tuesday or Wednesday with my weight work and then the extra stress just sent it over the edge. Thanks for asking, by the way.

Got a good massage on Friday and Sat. morning and a little bit of an adjustment -- and now it's much, much better. At least I can now look over my right shoulder. :eek:

Becky -- so good to hear from you. I was certain you would pass -- with your attention to all your studies, it seemed pretty certain, but doesn't it feel good now that it's over? And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!:7

Jeanette -- Have decided to try Chrisit Taylor -- there's one in my new Collage catalog that I think I'll try. It just might not be ordered until I finish this tour. x(
Did you have fun shopping? What fun to go shopping for wedding clothes. And please say hello to Cass for me.

Found some good workout pants at Macy's - AVEDA for only $12.00 or so. They were marked down over and over so that I got them for almost a song...the liability of doing these tours is that I'm in an out of a lot of malls.;)

Rhea -- hope you got in some good golfing this weekend!

Well I've noticed that the CTX series is helping me keep my weight down -- whereas my usual rotations are not. I wonder if it's because of the cardio on all the days -- plus blasts every day -- whatever it is, I'm inclined to want to continue until this weight is down to what I want. Therefore, I might do the CTX series against this week, if only to see if the weight loss continues. And if so, I'm going to have to tweek my own rotations. So that's my rotation schedule for this week -- another week of CTX.

Have a super day, everyone and some wonderful workouts.:7

Good morning,

Today's workout was S&H Triceps, abs and then about 20 minutes of Gin Miller's Intense Moves. May do a little spin on the bike tonite as I have a time trial tomorrow night and need to spin out my legs a bit.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was wonderful. Had a nice time with DS and Cass in Reno, did lots of shopping and got a little skirt/top outfit for the wedding, some soaps/lotions at Bath & Body, new bra at Victoria's and a nice metal wall hanging for the living room. Got a bike ride in yesterday with the club and then went out to dinner with some friends last night.

Karen, glad the CTX rotation is working for you. So you are going to try Christi? I really like her DVD's, have a few coming myself soon. The new workout pants sound good, though I can't even imagine working out in pants, I'm a shorts girl myself. Hope the neck is 100% soon. Bet the massage and adjustment was nice.

Hi to everyone,

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.