KK's January Check-In 2008

Author

Cathlete
Good Evening!:)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! Okay, breaking news. Did you know that the Lakotah Nation (the Sioux) has broken away from the United States -- they have declared their independence, due to treaties that have been ignored and many, many problems on the reservations. Here's the link -- www.republicoflakotah.com

Interesting.

Jeanette, my heart goes out to you and your family and your grandmother -- may she recover and get well quickly.

Okay, so anyway, my new rotation is the CTX series again this week -- the reason is because my hubby is still here and I want intense yet short workouts and so this just works out.

We have a wonderful New Year -- danced -- fireworks -- wonderful and I am so enjoying my hubby being here.

Anyway, have a super, super day!

Hello Rhea and Janie!:7

Hello,
Having problems with my laptop, on the phone for about 5 hours with a couple of techs from India. They will have to replace the keyboard. Back to typing on my old PC, the one with Windows ME.

Today was a club bike ride. We had 11 riders show up, so that was pretty cool. Speaking of cool, it was about 32 degrees out and we did about 25 miles. I got a good cardio and leg workout. This was my sub for CardioX today.

Grandma is still in the hospital (I think). Mom was still waiting for the Dr. to get back to them with results of some tests. Haven't heard anything so I believe Grandma is still in the hospital. What an ordeal for Grandma and Mom. They are trying to figure out why the fluid on her heart. Hard to guess whether it's because she's 93 years old or if something else caused it.

Karen, so glad you are enjoying your time! What did your DH think of Georgie? Are you getting much writing done, or just relaxing with DH? I think I know what I'd probably be doing. Hope the time passes slowly for you.

Happy New Year,

Jeanette

Good morning,
Today was P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. Ab Ripper for tonite. Didn't get it in even once last week so redoing last week's rotation. Have a hair appointment after work, color and cut.

Grandma home now. Don't think they even prescribed any medication for her at all. Said she is a VERY healthy 93 year old. Great genes for sure. This woman never worked out a day in her life that I know of, always watched her weight by eating sensibly and healthy foods.

Karen, know you are spending quality time with your DH. Do you guys go sightseeing or anything like that while he is there?

Hi to everyone,

Jeanette

Good morning!

Haven't been posting, too darn busy and then I was trying to remember my password here.

I'm so glad that your grandma is back at home. I hope I'm still going as strong at that age.

How long is your hubbie going to be there Karen? Those courses that you take are soooo long. I don't know if I could handle being away that long.

I haven't worked out for quite a while, just haven't been able to fit into schedule. Plus when I stop, I'm exhausted and I think I've been fighting a head cold for the last week. When I slow down, my head gets all congested. I guess I'll have to keep busy. hahaha I'm shooting for the weekend as a starting point. (when I feel like sleeping in the middle of the day, I know I'm fighting something and opt to sleep instead of workout. Plus DH is home and the living room is a little too warm with the wood stove cranking out the heat.)

Well, got to pretend to work. Have a great day everyone!

Jeanette, am so glad that your grandmother is home and that she is healthy as can be -- hope I am in that good of shape when I reach her age. Didn't work out a day in her life, huh? But I bet she was active all her life -- and eating sensibly to keep her weight down I bet helped, as well.

Rhea, am so glad to hear from you. I was wondering if you were going to be able to exercise with all the activity around you during the holidays. Of course, you know I'll probably suggest that you might get some colostrum and olive leaf extract...and you know of course that I'm not a doctor, but these are things that help me with colds that I get. I think I read somewhere that olive leaf is one of those things that should help with bio-chemical weapons, as well -- so...

DH and Georgie get along really, really well. I'm going to be moving while hubby is here -- into a small apartment -- it will be cheaper than continuing to live in a motel room.

It's been really cool here, as well -- cold actually ... and windy -- and I don't really have many clothes here for this kind of weather. Wow...shopping...;)

This is a long course -- it's why I've put off doing it for so very long -- it's really hard being gone this long -- I so miss my home and everything.

It was CTX Power Circuits for me today -- this is one of the longer workouts on the CTX series, I've noticed -- but such a good workout.

Thanks Jeanette, for wishing the time to go slowly...I am not working while DH is here -- we are enjoying each other's company -- plus we were looking for apartments, as well.

Well, it's off to bed for me. Have a wonderful day tomorrow, some great workouts and may this new year usher in much happiness!:7

Hello....

Just playing around with the new computer. Finally got it up and running. Have to get used to this smaller keyboard. I can't be as lazy with the letters, I keep missing.

Getting used to an IMAC is different, but it it very user friendly. So far, so good. Have a great evening.

Morning,
Today was 30 minutes of a new to me Christi Taylor hi-lo workout. CIA something. Then 30 minutes of Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti.

Didn't have my hair appointment last night as stylist called and has a bad cold. She sounded terrible. I rescheduled for next week.

Rhea, seems like so many are sick right now, but doesn't seem like it lasts very long, which is nice. Glad you are enjoying the new computer. Hope the cold doesn't get you down for long.

Karen, so you will be moving soon? When will that happen? Glad your DH is there to help you move. You probably don't have too much stuff like furniture or anything. Must be a furnished apartment?

Must run,

Jeanette

KK,
I also danced, watched fireworks and was with family. Ate, drank, and was merry. Hope your courses go well and glad to hear you and your hubby are enjoying each other. Good luck on apt. hunting. Hope you find a great one.

Jeanette,
You are amazing with your workouts! It's terrible to hear about your Grandma, but glad now she is doing OK.

Rhea,
Hope you feel better and have a great workouts.

I had the after New Year blues and now over it. I'm doing Cath's Jan. rotation and started today with Imax 2. Almost finished it and modified along the way. Oh well, at least I've started.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

http://www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

Janie, it's really good to hear from you. Yeah, your Christmas and New Year's sounds so wonderful, that I can imagine having the after holiday blues. Hope I don't have the blues after my hubby leaves, although I'm sure I will. I so miss being home.

Jeanette, When I'm done here, I really want to get a Christi Taylor and try her out. At present it's hard for me to just keep the workouts in -- so am pretty much sticking with Cathe -- am thinking about getting some more of her workouts -- her intermediate ones -- just to have them -- in order to lose weight, I really have to add a later in the day workout in addition to my morning workout. Deep sigh...

I'll be moving on Sunday -- we found an apartment -- it's not the best possible -- but it's certainly more affordable than staying in a motel. I have nothing in furniture -- and so the people (who are very sweet) are going to furnish it for me.

Hope your hair appointment goes well. I've decided to let my hair grow -- and trim it only occasionally -- I've had it cut so much, that I find it hard to deal with -- I find longer hair easier to deal with than shorter hair.

Rhea -- you'll love your IMAC -- my daughter -- who is a computer designer works only on her MAC -- she so loves it.

Okay, so today was CTX 10-10-10 for me. The CTX series really works well for me right now.

Have a super day tomorrow and some good workouts!:7

Good morning,
No workout this morning. I woke up feeling kind of blah in the stomach. Also, DH said the power could go out so I took my shower, did dishes, laundry and dryer is going now. I'm all set if the power goes out. We had an outage last night, but thanks to the generator we bought last year, we could watch TV and had lights. Was pretty pleasant for an outage. Really roughing it, DS said.

Karen, bummer thinking of you having to do double workouts to lose weight. I wonder if it's worth it sometimes. Life is short, but then when I get the pudge, I hate that too so I do what I can to keep it off. I have a friend that's been doing Weight Watchers and has lost so much weight, she now has to gain! I know she's lost a lot of muscle too, but either way, she sure is smaller now. Makes me want to investigate that program.

Janie, sorry you had the blues for a bit, but glad you've perked up. I haven't done any long workouts like Imax2 for a long time. You'll get stronger soon I know.

It's raining outside now, but in the 40's so no snow yet.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Looks like I forgot to post yesterday. Oh well.

My head is not really a full blown cold, just a ittle.....how do you describe it? a sniggle up there, probably more from being indoors with wood smoke and all that animal hair that can't get out. Either that or I'm just healthy enough to fight the majority of it off without any real symptoms. (which is probably the case since I'm sleeping a heck of a lot lately)

Jeanette - we have a generator too that we bought last year. Except, DH didn't bother setting up the cord yet, so we couldn't use it last night. I told him that he had to get that fixed today while the lights were still on. Isn't this rain something? I'm afraid that it will get cold tonight and turn to snow and ice up the roads. HOpe you feel better soon.

Glad you found an apartment Karen. How much longer is DH staying? So far I love my new computer. I haven't been able to do much more on it since the power was out so long yesterday. I have my fingers crossed for this weekend. I really want to get it all set up and start transfering files. (bought a couple of IMAC for dummy books to help me through since I can be dangerous when I push buttons and I don't really know what I'm doing!)

Janie - sounds like you had fun this Holiday season. Glad those Holiday blues are over. I'm always so glad that it is finally over that I don't get sad or anything.

Well, my goal is to get back to some workouts this weekend. (and to take back up on my darn physical therapy which I have been conveniently forgetting to do!)

Have a great weekend. Hopefully I can check in at home a bit more now.

KK,

I'm so sorry. How long will it be before you get to go home and have a normal life once again? Double workouts? Why? You want to lose slow, yes? Take care of your body and please don't over do it. Perhaps just do a circuit once a day and a cardio the next. This way you keep your muscle, lose weight, and not over do it for possible injuries. I care, but do what works for you.

Jeanette,
Hope your tummy will feel better soon. My hubby and I have a generator and we use it as you guys do when we have power outages. Wonderful isn't it?

Rhea,
Stay healthy and get some fresh air when needed. Glad you don't have a cold. And good luck with your physical therapy. Why do you need physical therapy?

I did Boot Camp today...OY! Modified, but got through it. I'm sure feeling these workouts. Serves me right for not being consistent. I'm doing Cardio Kicks tomorrow. Oh boy!

Janie

Let's see -- it's Sunday, which means I usually look ahead for the workouts in the coming week.

Hubby is due to go home tomorrow.x( I have so loved having him here -- it will be lonely again without him here, I think.

The course that I'm doing is so LLL--OOO--NNN---GGG that is why I have been trying to finish it in pieces -- have just determined to get it done this time around. It could be another 3-4 months here even yet. Deep sigh.

In the meantime, I have Georgie.

Jeanette, hope you are feeling better physically -- the power outage seems to have not influenced you too greatly. How's the new laptop? As far as weight goes, I'm not sure if it's what I'm eating or if I'm just getting up there in age -- but the extra workout is only about 30 minutes and it does seem to help -- so... I just hate that pudge, too. And at my age, it just seems that it's so hard to get it off.

Rhea, am glad to hear that the cold wasn't too big a worry -- you're right -- you're probably in such good shape, that it doesn't stand a chance. According to my daughter, you're really going to love your new MAC. Have you gotten back into the workouts now?

Janie, I know. I know. I just can't stand that pudge -- and the extra 30 minutes isn't too much to ask, at least right now. I might change my mind at any moment, though.:) So glad to see that you're enjoying the new workouts. They really are good.

Am looking at getting some of Cathe's intermediate workouts, as well -- they're a little shorter and I think they'd make a good addition to what I have right now.

Anyway, completed the CTX series today and tomorrow, I'm going to take the day off -- want to spend as much time with hubby as possible.

After that, let's see -- here's the plan:

Monday: Off

Tuesday: IMAX3 -- 8 intervals

Wednesday: Muscle Max

Thursday: Some cardio and a stretch

Friday: High Step Challenge -- a premix probably

Saturday: Boot Camp -- cardio only

Sunday: Cardio & Weights

Okay, so have a super day tomorrow and happy workouts!:7

Good morning,
Hope everyone had a great weekend. I got the tree and decorations down finally! Did a couple of workouts that I hadn't done before. Very fun. Christi Taylor CIA 9801 hi-lo (very fun) and Amy Bento hi-lo dome challenge. I previewed the Amy workout last night and did the first combo this morning after P90 Master's Core Cardio.

Rhea, hoping that you are feeling better by now. My DH has a cold now and I sneezed a couple good times this morning. Usually sneezing means I will be getting something, but shoot, I've been sneezing since last week so who knows? Hope your DH got the generator hooked up. They sure do come in handy.

Janie, Boot Camp is a tough workout. You are doing great. Are you following a certain rotation?

Karen, Dell will be sending me a new keyboard. Hoping that takes care of the situation. Loving having a laptop. So nice not to be isolated in the den. I also previewed my Amy DVD while DH watched a movie. Will be nice for when we are camping this summer, I can bring the laptop to watch a DVD. 3-4 months!!! Wow, that must be quite a course, but I'm sure it will be worth it when you have completed it.

Must go now, hope everyone has a great day today.

Jeanette

KK,
Aw. Education is a must in this world right now. You are empowering yourself with knowledge and you just can't beat that. I'm proud of you! Will hubby visit with you again soon? What course are you learning? Keep Georgie close.

Jeanette,
Yes I'm doing Cathe's Jan. 08 rotation. Lots of cardio and circuits. It works for me at this time. Love not having to do a rotation, but I need to get back into the swing of things for a couple of months or so. Then onto the STS series Cathe is working on. Need that one for sure.

Today is SJ&P. Need to do a premix, cause I'm just not there yet. But can already feel myself getting stronger again. Love that feeling!

Everyone else, take care and enjoy your day. Don't forget to post every now and then. Miss hearing from you all.

Janie

Well, my hubby had to go home today and so I must admit that I am quite blue. But at the same time, I'm more inspired than ever to get through this course as quickly as I possibly can. I so want to go home.

Thanks for your encouragement, Janie. That really means alot to me. Also went to see your new picture up close. You are so pretty, Janie. What a nice lookiing grandmother you are.

Today was my day off, so nothing to report workout wise.

Jeanette, so glad you got your tree down -- it's always good to get that done. You know, I've been eye-balling the Amy Benito workouts. Do you like them? Have really been tempted to buy a few of them. Sounds like great workouts that you're doing.

Janie, yes, I echo Jeanette's comments to you. You'll get back on track soon -- that Boot Camp is a hard one.

Rhea, hope you're doing well.

I've got to throw myself back into work -- have so much to get done and so little time to do it in -- am really inspired to get this done and home. Good news is that I lost that extra 2-3 lbs. I'd put on, which is always good for my morale.

Okay, so have a super day tomorrow and some great workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today was supposed to be CardioX, but I subbed with 30 minutes of Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix (1st 5 intervals) and then switched to Amy Bento's Hi-Lo dome challenge for the other 30 minutes. Really, really fun workout today.

Karen, hope the writing goes well. Good job on losing the extra 2-3. I'm struggling with that right now. Got to focus on more water and cleaner eating.

Janie, I love the music in SJP, that one always makes me smile. I'm curious about Cathe's STS too. How is your writing going?

Got to run, hi to Rhea,

Jeanette

Yes, Jeanette, those pounds came off -- I think all the night-time activities while hubby was here helped. ;) Now I have to keep them off -- not always easy.

Anyway, today was IMAX3 -- 9 intervals -- I almost always skip interval 7 -- my least favorite interval -- but oh, how I love interval #10. And then tonight I came home and did CTX Kickbox -- just the 30 minute cardio -- trying to keep those pounds off.

Tomorrow is Muscle Max -- probably a premix, as I'm really busy right now trying to catch up and write.

Jeanette, do you like the Amy Benito workouts. Like I said, I've ofen looked at those, but haven't gotten any yet. Still trying to complete my Cathe library -- I'm about ready to order her intermediate workouts for evenings -- at least until I'm sure this weight will stay off -- I'll probably be doing an evening workout here and there. How is work going, and how is the family? Any bike rides planned?

Hi Janie! Hi Rhea! Hope all is going well with you both.

Have a super day tomorrow and great workouts!

Good morning,
Today was Chest, Shoulders and Triceps from P90X. Will also do a bike spin session with the Garage Boys after work. I'm sure missing getting out and walking during the day at work.

Karen, I really like my Amy hi-lo workout. I'm going to probably get on of her step workouts. Haven't done any of her weight work but I may ask for recommendations on that. Good going on losing the weight. No bike rides planned until the weather gets better. Right now we have snow and ice on the roads still so too dangerous. Supposed to warm up later this week so I'm hoping Sunday will allow for a bike ride.

Hi Janie and Rhea. Hope you guys are well.

Jeanette

Good morning, er afternoon!

I guess I've been busy at work and haven't remembered to post.

Still not working out, but my body is crying out for some sort of workout. I think today will be the first day that I have a good chance of working out. But only if I get out of here soon. I have to drop DH off in Reno tonight, so my evening is all booked.

Not much else going on. Been better with the eating. Been playing a lot with the new computer.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.