KK's January 2009 Check In

Netta

Cathlete
Good morning,
Happy New Year to everyone!

My workout yesterday was hmmmm, oh yes, LIC with 2 risers. It was a goodie for me. I wasn't able to post in the morning as I was busy preparing a hash brown casserole for DH to take to work. I worked half a day then came home and dinked around, also practicing my golf swing a bit in the front yard. I'll be going down to the valley to play on Saturday :D. DH is going with me and I'll be playing with one of his co-workers that I played with last month and beat badly. This time, I'll be on his home course and I'm sure he'll beat me good, but it's all in good fun!

Today was Supersets, which was fun. Don't know how Cathe does those bicep concentration curls with 12#ers. 10's are tough for me. Hoping to get a bike ride in this afternoon if it warms up, which it's looking good right now. I'm looking forward to STS and getting my strength back. Of course, without cleaner eating than what I've done this year, the results won't show much.

Karen, don't feel bad about your New Year's Eve. DH and I stayed home, watching TV and nothing particularly interesting either. Glad you mentioned the course you're taking. I think you might have mentioned it before and I forgot. So do you think you will take the other course too?

Janie, I so admire your ability to put rotations together and research health issues. That's awesome about your shrinking wound. Hope you get great results with the weight loss routine you wrote. Back in my 30's it was so easy to drop 5# if I needed to, any more, it's like glue. I haven't stepped on a scale in ages, just don't want to deal with the # yet, but I might soon. When I went to the doctor in November for my physical, I was surprised that I really hadn't gained anything in a year, but I know I'm not as lean looking as I felt I was before. Oh well. There's worse things and I'm healthy.

I need to house clean today and start taking down the tree and decorations. My DS and his GF (Cass) are coming over from Reno tomorrow and taking us out for dinner tomorrow night. That should be lots of fun.

Good Afternoon,

Happy New Year!

Jeanette, LIC and Supersets are such cool workouts. Cathe creates the best workouts, I can only use 1 riser each side on LIC.:( Golfing plans sounds great, I hope you beat him on his own turf.:) I remember the days also when weight loss was so easy. Jeesh! Have to work extra hard now. I think my rotation will do the trick if I consistently work hard every week until I hit the weight I want. Then on to toning the body, then muscle. At least that's what I want.

Do you want to come over and clean my house while you are at it?:eek:LOL

Have fun on your days off, and your Reno dinner tomorrow.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Good Evening!

Today was kinda (not really) a day of rest for me -- I did an easy workout -- it's the one that comes with Basic Step -- Oh, it's Body Fusion. Did it with 5# weights. Wanted an easy workout as I'm now about 7-8 days into workouts and really should have a day off -- but I don't want to take one until Sunday.

Jeanette, thanks for your kind, kind words. As it was, I went to bed early and caught up on sleep, so it worked out. If I can, I will probably stay and do the companion course -- it was my intention to do this all along. But we'll see -- I'm inbetween right now -- doing some setups for the course. LIC on 2 risers -- wow -- I almost always use only 1 riser -- sometimes on IMAX3, I don't use a riser at all.

And I, too, love Supersets. Hope your time with DS and Cass was great!

Janie, I think your workout looks so good. Like you and Jeanette said, I remember what it was like to lose 5#'s almost without even trying. Now it is like pulling teeth -- worse, I think. Hope you are both having a wonderful, wonderful day here in 2009.

Many people I know had a hard time in 2008 -- I know it was very hard on me and my family, as well. I hope that this new year will bring in a better year -- and I hope that our industrial and manufacturing base returns to this country and that people who are out of work find new jobs. This is my wish for this new year.

Hi Rhea -- hope all is well with you.

Have a wonderful evening!

O MY GOSH!

I didn't chose easy metabolic exercises! Man O Man! That was very hard. I only did 5 if that of everything. I've gained so much fat. YUCK!:mad: At least I'm on the right track though, have to start somewhere.

KK, you are doing so well on your workouts!;) I hope people problems and our economy gets better too.:) Fantastic New Year Wish.

Jeanette, and Rhea, talk with you later.

Janie

Good morning,
Today was Tracy Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix II. I'd forgotten that I have it. It's one that I've only barely reviewed, but I did okay on it. I did about 35 minutes of it, then switched to Christi Taylor's Solid Gold Cardio (Hi-lo) for about 25 minutes. Now I need to get my shower and start taking down decorations and cleaning. Tonite will be dinner out with my DS and his GF. It's a nasty day outside so I won't be tempted to go practice golf or ride my bike.

Janie, bet you will get your strength back pretty soon. I don't have near the endurance I once had as I've been kind of slacking, but I'm getting better.

Karen, funny you should mention Cathe's Basic Step and Body Fusion. I lent mine to a co-worker this week for her to try. I did stress to her that I don't do it but I want it back when she's done trying it out. I caught up on sleep myself yesterday. Just couldn't get motivated to do much of my housework after working out. Today is different though. I feel good!

Good afternoon!

Looks like everyone is healthy and having good days. I've been busy with the putting up of the Christmas crude, cleaning, cooking and just regular work.

I've started a 90 day routine, Chalean Extreme. It is very fun, but hard. Need to be a little coordinated. Also started up the cleaner eating yesterday. Both DH and I are on the healthy eating bandwagon. I sure hope that I can keep it up this month. January is going to be extra busy. Too many classes and trials, but I'm prepared. One of the nicer things about the CE (Chalean Extreme) program is that they are not very long, so far I think the longest workout is about 45 minutes. I might even be able to get my derriere up in the morning to squeeze them in. I also think I will be about 1/2 through when I finally get STS, great timing.

Well, I had better get going, I really want to work on my sewing today and I'm already running out of time. Tata!!

Good Evening!

Today was my day off officially. I had started to workout, but got caught up in other things and so just didn't get back to it. So tomorrow I have to start up again.

I think I'll probably do IMAX 3 -- at least that's the plan right now.

Rhea, it's so great to hear from you again. Looks like you've got a good handle on getting your workouts going again. I need to clean up my act on eating, also. I went off my diet just a little -- ccokies mainly and now I'm having a hard time letting them go -- and of course I've got those few pounds back. :confused: So, I, too, need to concentrate on clean eating.

Jeanette, your workout looks great, also. Is that workout an anaerobic workout -- sounds like it might be. And I love Christie Taylor. :) It is nice to have these slightly easier workouts around to fit the bill sometimes. So much, I tend toward the harder ones, but sometimes, the easier ones are just the right thing.

Janie, you'll get back in there and those pounds will melt away soon -- sometimes at my age, it takes a while for the body to recognize that it's supposed to lose weight now...:eek: But if you keep at it, everntually it will come around.

Georgie is such a wonderful companion for me. He seems to know that he's my bestest companion and seems to take his job very seriously. Very cute!:)

Have a super day, everyone!:D

Good Morning,

I can't believe it, but I woke up at 8am stretched and closed my eyes for just a moment and woke up almost at 10am. Went to bed around 11:30pm. What is that about? Will be doing Total Body Sculpting today. I need to exercise a bit easier for awhile until I get stronger.

Jeanette, I think we've all been slacking during this time of year. I would think you are in great shape and will get better now that the holidays are over.

Rhea, That's why I don't put up Christmas stuff, we're gone anyway and the kids do that to their houses. If we had Christmas over here though, I would decorate. Your exercise rotation looks great! It's a fresh new year and I'm with you on better exercising and eating for good health.

KK, Thank you for the cheer leading advice. I know it's true, that eventually, and slowly the pounds will come off. I like instant gratification.:(

I can't believe it's Sat. already! Have a great weekend everyone.

Janie

Good morning!

Did the Burn Circuit #2 and heavied up on the weights. My arms are nice and toasty, at least the triceps. I need to go even heavier on the bicep exercises. I've really surprised myself with what I can do....doing the P90 master series obviously did some good. Now, if I could just get those push-ups mastered!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Good Sunday afternoon!

Did the Burn Intervals today, along with the ab burner. Ouch. Burn intervals was a nice one, lighter weights, more reps with anaeriobic pushes for the cardio intervals. Very fun and challenging. This set of workouts is fun, I can't wait until I 've done all of them.

Well, back to the dreary boring bills.:eek:

Did Low Impact Step half way.:confused: I'm sure it will get better soon.;)

Rhea, you are doing fantastic!:D Keep up the good work!:D

Janie

Good Evening!

Boy, I had a bout of food poisoning today -- I should know better -- I've been eating almost exclusively raw for about 2 years now -- and I had some cooked pork chops -- boy, have they disagreed with me.

Wow, Rhea, it does look like you're doing well, expecially if you'e feeling the burn. Love that you discover so many other workouts.

Janie, Low Max is not an easy workout -- way to go! Love the Meez.

Jeanette, love the new picture -- I went to your profile to see it up close -- you look so pretty!

My intention this week is to do CTX series. Hopefully, I'll be back in operation tomorrow.

Have a super day, everyone! ; ):D

A quote!

I had to come back and share this quote with you all from Mark Twain -- here it is:

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress . . . But then I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

Guess they had trouble even way back then, too.:D

Good Afternoon,

Total Body Sculpting today. Went through it once with Joey, should be ready to do it twice next time. Joey is sweet, he already can do it twice, but is waiting for me to catch up with him.
Used:
8 #'s for most of the workouts
5 #'s for the last triceps exercise
10#'s for Obliques exercise instead of ball
Had ball around my knees for push ups
Did better this time around.

Ate what was planned thus far.

KK, Oh, I hate food poisoning!:mad: It takes me a few days or more to recover. Hope you feel better and recover faster than I would.:confused:

Rhea and Jeanette, hope you are getting in a routine from the long break.

Janie

Hi everyone!

Yep, I actually got an early workout in today at lunchtime. One of the best things about these new workouts is the length, they are perfect for me right now. I was able to get home, workout and back to work in about an hour. (well, okay, I'll confess, I stopped at Starbucks and got a skinny carmel machiatto for a treat. At least it was skinny.

Oh and today's workout was Burn #3.

I've also decided to cut down on my stress, especially after the day from @#$##@ that I had today. I had all the high maintenance people call today and did not have any time for trial prep. (and I hit a deer on the way home, but barely tapped it, good reflexes, no car damage, and I don't think any deer damage. :p )
So I decided that I need to give up my 40 hour advanced mediation course and just concentrate on work. I feel better just thinking about it. Saves me about $1100 dollars too. Now I should have plenty of time for prep and the regular work. Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Karen - hope you are all better from the food poisoning. How's that Georgie? My three are bored I think. They don't like winter very much. They've taken to running up and down the hallway at full speed. It is rather amusing to see them try and stop on the wood floor. I think they keep forgetting that they no longer have traction control. I do hear bangs every once in a while, but so far no howls of pain. Just sounds of elephant feet!

Janie - sounds like you are getting right back into the swing of things. Even though you had to rest for a while, I bet you did not lose much strength and will be able to lift heavy again soon.

Jeanette - What weird weather! I thought we were going to get some more snow and woke up to warmer air than it was when I went to bed. I hope we get more of something or we will be in a bigger pinch for water.

Well, off to refuel the body with some good eats. Have a great rest of the evening!:eek:

Good evening,
I was off work today due to a carpet cleaning appointment. I hadn't planned on working out today, but decided to anyway in the afternoon. I did the step from Christi Taylor's Cardio Collectibles, then did segment 1 of CoreMax. Yesterday I did ALL of BM2, which is 90 minutes long!!! I'm doing Cathe's January rotation. Will probably start STS in February. Saturday, DH and I went down to the valley and I golfed with a couple others. It was cold and windy. Cold and golf don't mix for me. Won't do that again.

Karen, so sorry to hear about your food poisoning. Was the meat bad that you ate? Can you trace it and see if they can pull it from the shelf? Thank you for the Avator compliment :). Did you start CTX today?

Janie, sounds like you are doing well with your workouts. In BM2, you do pushups on the ball. I like those, though I didn't have the ball down on my shins, more like under my thighs. They were more tolerable that way for me, as I'm not a huge fan of pushups. I always feel them in my shoulder joints instead of my chest muscles.

Hi Rhea,

Good Evening!

Didn't workout today. When I got up, I still felt under the weather and so I just went about doing my regular chores. Still have the stomach spasms today, though at least they are not making me double over with them. Am hoping that tomorrow they will be gone. Am starting to wonder if it's food poisoning or flu. Not sure.

Hopefully I'll get started on CTX series tomorrow.

Janie, your workouts look great -- so cool that you and Joey do the workouts together. I so love that.

Rhea, it really makes a difference when you're busy -- to get a workout you can do within the time that you have, doesn't it? I so agree. Sorry that you hit a deer -- even if no damage, I know how stressful that can be. Well done for your good reflexes. My Georgie does that too. He runs up and down the hallway and the whole apartment. So cute! Am glad that you found a way to settle down and get the work done that you need to do. So well done.

Wow, Jeanette, you did all of BM2. Wow! That's quite a workout -- I have broken it up into segments -- but I so seldomly have the time to do the whole thing. Yeah, I can understand about cold and golf -- golf is such a beautiful sport and I would think that the would make it not as comfortable.

Hope you all have a terrific day tomorrow.

Good morning,
Today was GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps.

Karen, sure hope today is better for you and the poisoning/flu symptoms are gone. Do you take anything to soothe the stomach?

Rhea, yes, we sure need more snow. I can remember getting some big snowfalls in February so it may still happen. Glad you are enjoying CLX.

Hi Janie, how is the metabolic routine going? It seemed tough. Anything with mtn. climbers and burpees (if I remember right) are tough for me.

Jeanette

Good Afternoon,

I did the treadmill today. It was 3.5 incline at 3.4 miles per hour at 20 min. It was a little over 20 min.

Well, it's a start. Right? I'll get better at this.

Jeanette, I was overly zealous on the metabolic routine. Took on to much too soon. I'll get stronger though. Love the GS series. You did good.

Rhea, You are going to town on your workouts!:) I'm so proud of you. Watch out though, I'll be right behind you soon.;) I'm glad to see you making changes in your life for the better. Unfortunately, I did lose a lot of strength and gained fat, but it's over now and I'm getting back on the wagon.

Rhea, So sorry to hear you are still feeling the effects of food poisoning.:( Wish you well kid O.

Have a nice evening and will talk more tomorrow.

Janie

Good Evening!

Well, today I did Christi Taylor's Dance Fit -- but cardio only -- I wanted something a little easy, as I was still feeling a little under the weather, though the stomach cramps have stopped now. I altered it a little to make it more low impact and it worked out well, I think.

Couldn't quite do the CTX series because believe it or not, it's still a little long for me right now -- so I'll just try to get by until hopefully next week when I can do the CTX rotation.

Jeanette, your rotation looks great. For the cramps, I take charcoal and edible clay -- and then for the poisoning itself, I take a couple of herbal antibiotics -- GSE and olive leaf extract and colostrum. One night I was up every hour on the hour with the charcoal and clay.:)

Janie, I went to your personal profile to look at your picture up close, but I couldn't pull it up -- it looks very pretty, Janie. Yeah, you will certainly get your strength back. Keep at it.

Rhea, hope your work it going well and that you're able to keep up your workouts.

Well, tomorrow I plan Supersets or perhaps Push/Pull -- have a super day tomorrow!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.