KK's January 2009 Check In

Good morning,
Just got done with 4DS Boot Camp in it's entirety. Rest day was yesterday, but I did get a nice walk in during my break. Had a great golf game in Reno on Sunday with a couple of girlfriends. The weather was so nice. Short sleeve weather in January!

Karen, that weight work is tough in CTX. I always feel that way when I come back to it from other weight workouts. You are not alone. It is hard!!!

Janie, we all fall off of the wagon but getting back on is what counts. I'm glad your PS set your mind at rest re: your other breast.

Rhea, you are doing great with your workouts. Re: sewing, my sister and I are taking Mom over to the quilt shop in Chester to pick out a pattern and material. Think she will be doing a table runner. Maybe I'll get enthused about sewing again.

Must run,

Good evening everyone!

Well, Janie - that's okay, one day of off the wagon is not bad. You can climb right back in it and move forward. Thanks for the cudos, I think is the all the positive energy from the workouts. It is hard not to be positive with Chalene. Plus, I'm not going to let anything get me down. Why worry? I'm employed and can pay my bills. Could be worse. ;)

Karen, yep, Chalene from the Turbo Jams. So you have her energy and her positive "go get 'ems" throughout the workouts.

Jeanette - ooooooowh, quilting shop......pretty fabrics.....I love to browse. Probably is why I have so many different projects backed up!! I'm not allowed to go to the fabric shop unless I have a specific thing I NEED to buy. :rolleyes::eek:

Well, gotta run and fix the fire. Totally forgot when I got home. Getting a little chilly in here.
Have a great rest of the evening!:eek:

Good Evening!

Today was 10-10-10 -- good workout and not so long as Power Circuits -- about 40 minutes, which is perfect for me right now. Have had a really tough day today -- lots of things not going my way, I'm afraid. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Jeanette, 4DS Boot camp is one of my favorite workouts. The anaerobics part of it I do often -- but I love the whole workout, also. Short sleeve weather in January, huh? Not even here in Florida have we had that many short sleeve weather. Thanks for your thoughts on CTX series -- I was wondering about it -- really has me going.

Rhea, oh, how I love Charlene -- you're right, she really is a wonderful instructor -- really keeps you going. Am so glad you're telling me about these workouts. Yeah, nowadays, having a job and paying one's bills is a good thing -- guess it's always a good thing, actually.

Janie, yeah, don't worry about going off the wagon -- it happens -- watch that soy, darlin'. ;) Remember that soy tells the body "grow" cause of all the phytoestrogens in soy. It's why when people have cancer, they really shouldn't eat soy or any soy products. Okay, I'll get off that kick now.:) I've had a pretty bad day today, also. Thank goodness tomorrow is another day.

Have a super day tomorrow, everyone.:D

Good Evening,

Did Total Sculpting twice again today with Joey. It was yet again a tough workout for me. I ate well today.

KK, As you know, I love 10.10.10. So sorry things aren't going your way. I sure hope it isn't too serious for you. We're here if you want to talk. I will watch the soy.:eek:

Rhea, You have a terrific attitude. I'm also blessed, that I can retire early, have a fantastic hubby and our health. I'm going to have to do some Turbo Jam soon just to keep up with you.

Jeanette, 4DS Boot Camp in it's entirety, o my. You are good!:D Glad you are continuing golfing. I can't believe how warm it is there! Enjoy the beautiful weather.

The court system chose me to come in for a possible jury duty. I go tomorrow to see what happens. I've never done this before. Hope they choose me, it would be such a great experience.

See yas all tomorrow,

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Morning,
Am on my way out the door right now. Did 4DS LIS today. Tonite is a bike spin session.

Janie, no jury duty before for you? Wow!!! It can be interesting.

Karen, hoping for a better day for you today. 10-10-10 IS a good one. They are all good, short but intense. We forget how intense they are.

Rhea, LOL about not being allowed to go to the fabric shop. Hope my Mom enjoys the trip.

Hope everyone has a great day today.

Hey Janie - that is too funny. I start a jury trial today. I get so keyed up for them. I just want it to start and my body will relax.

Got up again this morning. Actually got up earlier. Did Burn Circuit #1. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day. I probably will either do a yoga or take a complete rest. I was tired this morning and it has taken me a long time to wake up. I still don't think i'm that awake right now. I might have to do a short power nap just to see.

Karen - I guess it is good that one of my food intolerances is to soy. There is soy leictin in so many frankenfoods. (my name for processed stuff)

Jeanette - have fun at the fabric shop.

Have a great day everyone! I think I will close my office door and take ten!

Good Evening,

No workout today. Got home around 3:00 from juror duty, but they sent us home to call tonight to see if we will be need tomorrow. Will have to call every night for a week.

Rhea, Is your body relaxed now. I can just imagine how that must feel. Not a good feeling I suspect just before trial.

Jeanette, Great workout, keep going.

See everyone else tomorrow? Take care,

Janie

Good Evening!

Today was CTX Intervals -- another intense workout, but that's good, I guess. Yes, today was a better day. Thanks for all your well wishes.

Janie, jury duty -- I've been called, but have never done it -- Went with my daughter once when she was called to do it -- but she wasn't chosen either. Hope it goes well for you. Yes, I think you are blessed to be able to retire early and spend that time with your DH. My retirement plan is to strap my hands to the computer and get those books out.:confused:

Good Evening!

Wow, just lost my post -- that's so annoying when that happens -- don't know why that happens sometimes. Anyway, again, today was CTX Intervals and it was good and intense, that's for certain.

Janie, that's cool that you're going in for jury duty -- hope that if they do chose you, that you'll like it -- do you like the scuplting DVD? I have it but have never done it -- I know it's a little short, which might be good for me in coming days. I think you're right that you are very blessed to be able to retire early. My retirement plan is to be working like crazy...

Jeanette, 4DS LIS is also intense. Good workout, but a little difficult -- but I love the results from it.

Rhea, I call them frankenfoods, also -- kinda a food, but not really... Yeah, soy is in many, many foods -- I so avoid processed food. Hard to imagine for me what it must be like to go in front of a jury. Hope the body does get into relaxing. Did you enjoy your day off?

Well, I'm off to bed -- am home late tonight and up early tomorrow. Have a super day!:D

Wow, just saw that my other post posted without my knowing it -- I guess that's where it went. Interesting.

Hi,
Just a quick one as I have to drive into town before work. Today was 4DS Kickbox. Last night was Cardio Coach #8 on the bike. Intense!!!

Hope everyone is fine, will post more later.

Good Morning,

No Jury duty today thus far.

Jeanette, Your workouts did look intense.:)

KK, Joey and I do the sculpting DVD until I'm up to par with him. It is a beginners workout. Today though, I'm Thinking Muscle Max. I'll let you know later what we decided and did.

Hi Rhea,

Janie

Hi everyone!

I'm still here at work.....waiting for a jury verdict. 2 hours so far.

Today was a rest day. Did not have the energy to do anything this morning. Trial days are just tough.

Janie - Did you get jury duty yet?

Hi to Jeanette and Karen. Hope everything went well with you both today.

I'll be taking off to the Bay Area for the weekend. I won't be driving back until Tuesday. So have a great weekend everyone!:D

Good Evening!

It was a rest day for me today, also. Just a tough time to exercise today for some reason -- so I have to make sure to make up for it the rest of the week.

Rhea, that's a long time to wait for the jury -- I an only imagine the stress of court days. Have a terrific time this weekend. You are inspiring me, Rhea.

Janie, You know, I had thought that it might be a beginner workout -- but the time is right on it.

Jeanette, that 4DS Kickbox is another awesome workout.

Well, I have to be short here tonight, also -- have to get some green drink made for days to come. Have a super day tomorrow, everyone:D

Hi all,
Had a busy, busy day at work today, budget stuff. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Karen, hope you are well rested today. What's in the green drink?

Rhea, hope you have a nice weekend. Weather looks great. Are you still looking for a job down there?

Janie, what workout did you do today? Is your strength growing day by day? Are you working on the 1 rm's?

Have to get up early and make cornbread for DH's breakfast party at work. It's the last day for one of his co-workers. I'm going to go in early and join them.

Jeanette

Good Evening,

Jeanette, Joey and I did MM today. I used much lighter weight than Cathe, and did all exercises with lots of modifying. My strength doesn't seem to be getting any stronger, and I am working hard at it. I'm so fatigued afterwords. Joey and I figured out we won't have a 3 months time period for STS until Spring, sometime at the end of April. We are continuing to test our IRM's but, we are not rushing it.

KK, How long to you have to finish up with the classes? Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Rhea, That's a long wait. Can you read during that time? Hope you enjoyed your rest day, you sure deserved it, with all the wonderful workouts you've been doing. I called to see if they called my number for jury duty, and not tonight. I think that's the end for me. They seem to contac Joey and I, at least 2-3 times a year. Have a great time at the Bay area.

Janie

Good Evening!

Wasn't able to post last night. I figure I have about another month here and then home. I'm on the final course. I'm excited. My schedule while I'm on this course though, in order to get it done in that time is really tough -- so bear with me if I miss a few days here and there for checking in.

So it's up really early for me again, exercise, get Georgie his time out, get dressed and hurry to class.

Jeanette, you sound busy. Budgets. Ugh! But they must be done -- what's in the green drink -- every other day I make it up and I juice celery, lettuace, zucchini, cucumbers, radishes, ginger root, parslely and I'm toying with adding sweet potato -- not sure about that -- but the others I put in every day -- and then a heaping tbls. of superfood. Sometimes I put salt in it if it's particularly humid here. You know, for the first time in my life -- since doing this green drink -- someone complimented me on my skin and complexion (my complexion has been plagued with acne since I was little) and so a compliment means a lot. They say that the green drink does that -- that it might clean/heal from the inside out. I don't know -- all I know is that the drink gives me much energy and I love it, even though it's a pain in the *^##^* to make it.

Lots of people put in more fruit than I do, but my blood sugar can be a little low if I put in too much fruit, and so I stick with lemon only and add some stevia for sweetness and I simply love this drink.

Sorry to go on a bit.

Janie, I can't go as heavy as Cathe either and at my age, I'm not trying to, either, so don't worry about it -- you'll build up again -- and it'll come faster than you think, I bet. At my age, I love to work the fast-twitch muscle groups also -- the ones you use for sprinting and/or plyometrics (jumping and such). Cathe puts in lots of plyometrics and the anaerobics particularly work these muscle groups -- while regular cardio and weights works your slow-twitch muscle groups.

Rhea, Hi! Bet you're having fun -- Jeanette asked whether you're still job hunting, or not? Were you able to relax or was this a working weekend?

Well, it's off to the races for me again with lots of studying to be done. But I'm on the home stretch and am really excited. Have a super rest of the weekend.:D

Good Evening!

Quick post, if I may, since my last post was a little longer than this one.

Well, my schedule is intense this week as I put in extra time and so I'm not sure what my workouts will be -- I really don't have time for more than 40 minutes a day -- and the CTX series is sometimes longer than that -- so I think what I'll do is double up on workouts -- maybe I'll have time at dinner to finish the workout, but if not, I'll just do the rest of the workout the next day -- I won't get as much done per week, but at least I'll be working out.

Anyway, that's the plan for the week. Janie, I really do like this soap -- so kind of you to send it to us. :)

Have a super day, everyone! More later.

Good Morning,

I had a great weekend, and enjoying today as well. Did all of you get today off from work?

Sat. I did a couple of pages testing my 1RM's and used it as my weight training day. Sun. did Rhythmic Step. Great Fun!

KK, I'm so glad you are on the final course. I'll miss from time to time, but hoping you can finely be able to live like a normal person once again. The green drink sounds great. I think I'll make some similar concoctions from what I have around the house. Is there a site we can go to for superfood? Jope you find time to workout. I know your schedule is horrendous, so good luck and get those coursed done!

Hi to Rhea and Jeanette,

Janie

Good Evening!

Today was 40 minutes of IMAX3 -- mostly I did the intervals and a little step if my heart rate was up there. It worked out well, I think. We'll see about tomorrow -- might do the sculpting or maybe the Push/Pull.

Janie, I can't tell you how much I love your soap. It's right by my kitchen sink and I use it everyday. Yeah, my schedule is intense -- but that's good for me right now. And I'm having fun, so it's all good, if intense. You can go to www.juicefeasting.com and they have a site that will tell you about the super food and everything. I use Schultz -- I used some other superfood, but I like Schultz's best.

Hi Jeanette & Rhea.

Well, it's off to bed for me -- gotta get there quick. 6AM rolls around awfully fast.:eek:

Good morning,
Hope everyone had a good weekend and holiday. I had a nice time with Mom and sister shopping for quilting fabric and pattern. We will start working on Mom's table runner tonite. Will be a team effort. Yesterday was playing golf down in Anderson with a co-worker of my DH. DH drove the cart and had a nice time, though there were a lot of golfers out and it was slow. Weather was absolutely beautiful and I have a bit of a sunburn now. Should have worn sunscreen. Sunday was a short bike ride in the morning.

Today I started working again on my 1 rm's for STS. It's supposed to be shipping soon and I want to be ready for it. Did a bunch of them, got them recorded and will work on some more in a couple more days.

Karen, you are one energetic woman!! Hope this time rolls by quickly so that you can get home soon. Nice to get those compliments on how healthy we look. I got one of those the other day and it felt good.

Janie, I too am using my 1rm's as weight training. Will do some cardio tomorrow. I knocked out a bunch of 5 star exercises today.

Rhea, you back from the bay area yet?

Must run,

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.