Kettlebell**Whoo hoo** Weekend

deanie

Cathlete
Good Morning kettlebell Gals!!:):):)

I rocked my workout this morning:cool:
....at 6am:eek:!!!.... ugh!
so today is off to a great start!
workout: http://jerseygirl4565.blogspot.com/

off to DS10's pine wood derby! he made a Ford F150 truck :)

Have a GREAT-Super Fantastic weekend everyone!!!!!!

Deanie, :] :] :] :] :] :] :]
I am soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!!!! Great job!!!
Hope the derby was great fun :)

Rhonda, Slingshots make me feel the same way. I only ever do them when I'm in the garage because I know that we'll end up with a hole in the wall if it accidentally slips - our drywall is already crumbling! (it's a new house, too! new house = crap construction)

Marcy, how are you feeling today? I hope you get over this soon. DH's hung around for weeks. :(

Gayle, DOES HE REALLY!?! How exciting, I have never heard of anyone else with this interesting feature before! Have fun w/ your workout, and have an excellent weekend :D

Jane, Nita and all who follow: I HOPE THERE IS PLENTY OF SUNSHINE AND WARMER WEATHER YOUR WAY!

I did 5x5 - it pretty much sucked. It was freaking hard. Freaking hard. I only completed 4 rungs plus the first 2 ladders of the 5th rung before going down to 25#, and that felt like nothing but I didn't want to work to failure, which is where I was heading. I probably should have stopped but I really wanted to finish it out... I guess I could consider it a cool-down. ;) I sucked on the pull-ups, too. I mean REALLY sucked. I needed that darned chair for assists on every single 4 and 5, and after rung 3 I was only able to do the first 2 ladders without help. Freaking hard, I tell you! But thankfully the swings were a breeze: 25, 5 second rest for 3 minutes. I got 4 full rounds in, using 44# for the first 2 rounds. :D
Monday should be a breeze. :p

Have an enjoyable weekend!

Melissa

Hi Ladies!!!

Melissa - Was this your heavy day? 5x5 just sounds hard! Great job on the swings! :cool:

Deanie - Awesome job!! I bet you're on cloud 9! :) The dice were finally kind to you.

Rhonda - Hope you can get a good workout in, and some warmer weather!

Marcy - How's your cold? Hope your feeling better.

Hi Jane and Nita!

Had a very good productive day today. Did a load of laundry, cleaned the bathroom, baked a cake and got workout B in before noon. :) DH, Rascal and I went for a hike in the woods. It was sunny and in the 40's today, which feels downright balmy.

The three of us also went to Agway (feed and seed store) so DH could get some work pants. They just put in a self-serve dog wash station, so we tried it out on Rascal. It's very cool! It's a wet room with an elevated dog wash table and a coin operated hose and dryer, kind of like a car wash, where you choose shampoo, rinse, conditioner, de-skunk :eek:, etc. We are so easily entertained. :D

Here was the workout. I was very happy with it. I'm doing the same number of warmup sets on the squat (4) but increasing the poundage on the last 3. I hope to increase my work sets next week. Details:

Warm up: Limber up, TGU 3r/3l @ 12kg - these are really feeling easier

Squat: 123# for 3x5
Press: 53# for 3x5 - much better
Power clean: 83# for 3x3 - head up, bar close!

Cash out: K2A 5x5, OHS 1x5 @ 33#

Have a great night everyone!

Good Morning!

Melissa::: Tough workout! If I understand ETK correctly, if you can do 5X5 with a weight, you shouldn't be using it, but moving up to the next weight. The point of ETK is to reach the point of 5X5 with a new heavy weight....hope that makes sense:confused: Anyway, you are on the right track!:) :) I think AOS has you doing sets of 3X3 for the first 4 weeks of ROP, then moving to 5X3,4,5 for the last 4 weeks. Yeah!! to using the 44# kettlebell:)

Gayle::: Wow! Great productive morning you had!! Nice workout! The dog wash is definitely entertaining:). I like your cash out, I may use it this week!

The pine wood derby was fun! DS didn't win, but we all had a lot of fun!
Today is a rest day for me!!

Waves to the rest of the gang! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Hi Everyone!

I didn't get to post yesterday. I was running around like a mad woman but I did manage to do P90x Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps.

This morning I went out and ran a 10K. I cut my time by 4 minutes from last week. YIPPEE!! I felt really good and pushed myself at the end even though I was dying. The weather was beautiful. My only mistake was I dressed too warmly. I hate running in cold weather. I never dress properly.

Deanie ~ Enjoy your rest day. I'm glad you had fun at the pine wood derby. It sounds great!

Melissa ~ Great job on the 44#!!! Yay!! Don't focus on the negative. The fact that you pushed through is fantastic!! We all have days that we just don't feel strong enough. The key is just to keep going so kudos to you for pushing through! Monday will be better!

Gayle ~ Great workout!! Love the dog washing station! How fun!

Marcy ~ Hope you're feeling better!!

Waving hello to Rhonda and Nita.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.