June 09 Rotation Check in Weekend 6th-7th

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Today looks to finally be sunny here...We have a busy Saturday with baseball and softball games and Chris has a birthday party to attend...

Workout for me today is going to be Amy Bento's Hi/Lo Xtreme. I am going to get on that in a little while so that I can squeeze it in before the day gets away from me!!

Talk to you later..

Hey Kathy! Your Saturday does sound busy!!...

Mine is "as usual", but DH is working Sunday night too this weekend, so 2 nights with sitters, and me having a busier Monday.

The Circuit City Rotation calls for an interval run (30 mins) and stretchmax. I think I may do 1/2 of IMAX2 and then some abs (there were no abs in Drill Max yesterday... weird!). Probably won't stretch, because it's Sat and the boys are home.

Beth: Sometimes you need a day to adjust to your haircut. I get highlights too, to overshadow the grays. Thanks for the review on Jari Love. I figured I couldn't go wrong wtih $5, right? Maybe I'll do it Monday, instead of a circuit. With the circuits, I really feel like I haven't worked my muscles, NO DOMS, only from running in my legs.

Oh, yes, forgot to mention, I did partake in DH's birthday cake (Oreo Cookie Cream with LOTS of layers and cream!!), and it was so freakin good, and to me, well worth it. But I'm done now, and it's up to the boys to finish it!!

Saturday routine... *sigh* , the only good thing about it is I get to sleep an extra hour, with no rush-rush for school. Otherwise it's a crappy cleaning/cooking/getting ready day.

Hi Gals!

Hmmm I thought I posted yesterday - guess I didn't

Did CCV7 yesterday to relieve to DOMs I had from Burn Circuit - it was a great run.

Today I plan on doing a cardio followed by Push Circuit 2 legs and shoulders - I have my barbell loaded to capacity , my weight vest @ 20 # plus I'll be using my ankle weights as a belt to work the legs. So all I have to do is get off the 'puter and get my butt workin' ;)

Kathy you do have a busy day planned - have fun!

Looking forward to seeing the new 'do Beth... I cannot find my card reader to upload pictures grrr. So until I locate it in someone's bedroom mine will need to wait :mad:

Chris sounds like that birthday cake was yummy!

Next Friday is the 21st Wedding Anniversary and DD is planning on baking us a cake --- the smell of it baking is my weakness oh dear!

BBL.......

picture.php

Good morning! I woke up from a really great dream this morning -- strange, as dreams are. It was about a guy I almost got together with years ago -- Larry was just not in the picture at all (even though the kids were), nor was this guy's wife. Very strange, but fun!

I did core synergistics this morning -- a nice change/mix. Chris, I know what you mean about not getting doms from circuits -- strange about no abs in drill max, and yes, it's been a very long time since I have done drill max in its entirety!

My boys are fighting fighting fighting already this morning -- can't stand it!

-Beth

YeP! After a throw-down with the boys , taking away Alex's video game, jacks and glitter ball, I was able to do Intervals 6-10 of IMAX 2 and the Med Ball Abs! It's funny the energy I had for 6-10, I usually struggle with those fast feet repeaters by interval 6, but since it was the first interval, it wasn't so bad! enjoyed it!!

Vilma:
I was tempted to do CC this week , but I just can't break away from my music and running. I think CC is probably better for the treadmill than outside anyhow. The cake was the bomb, it really was. I say enjoying a piece of cake (or 2) one day a month for a GOOD cause is FINE! ENJOY!

Beth: I had funny dreams last night too. They were slightly disturbing, but intriguing and I didn't really want to wake up. I slept deep though (in between the sugar checks). Your dream sounds a bit funner than mine!! :eek: Core Synergetics , sounds so familiar, is that tony horton?

Okay, NOW I need to go clean!!! (procrastinating!!)

Back....

I am done w/ my workouts for today OMG! I lift to failure and oh boy was I ever shaking... loved it :D

The house is still so quiet as the kids are sleeping in ---joy joy! I actually need to make some noise here to get them up.:p

Beth sounds like you had an intriguing dream good for you, no Larry in site eh? lol...

Well my daddy visited me in mine last night and it was so good to see his face and hear his voice again ...I miss him so much. It was a nice feel good dream. :)

Chris so does Alex gets his things back or are they taken away for a few days?

My kids are too old for me to do that - darn it. lol

When the older two act up which is not so much anymore unless they are teasing the lil one I usually tell them to go for a walk and settle down lol

Hottie have you rec'd the package I sent you yet? I sent it out Monday so let me know unless you already told Beth?

Well off I go to take care of things here...it's so much cooler today so no a/c unit on = saving $$ ;)

Have a good one Everybody!

picture.php

Oh Vilma, dreams about my dad are the best -- it's like some bonus time with him again. Lucky you.

Chris, sounds like you had a great workout -- go you!

I already have some housework done -- back from more!

-Beth

Oh Vilma, dreams about my dad are the best -- it's like some bonus time with him again. Lucky you.

Chris (*substitute Vilma*), sounds like you had a great workout -- go you!

I already have some housework done -- back from more!

-Beth

I'm cheating and quoting, because EXACTLY what I think and would have said and what I'm going to do!....

What a day! Had four boys here -- five if you count the 6 month old, but he was easy. Three of the four were fighting! Yuck! I was ready for a drink at 3:00, but I broke into the chocolate chip cookies instead -- I think a drink would have been better for me. They are getting along at the moment (and I'm back to three).

had to vent a little.....

-Beth

sorry guys for being mia. been dealing, resting, thinking a lot. yes, i did get clx -- I'm a total loser for not letting you know (and it really picked up my day too btw). I managed to have nasty sinus pressure today and I didn't work out because of that and the sore throat. But I got a driveway gate up. I know i'm lame but I'll put it up on facebook. We did it all by ourselves. When you come in tomorrow, try to motivate me back into a routine! :)

Sunday Morning

:::breathes a sigh of relief::: Hottie glad to know you rec'd CLX now I can relax ;)

I sincerely hope all is well w/ you! Sending a big hug your way :) I would just let your body heal and recup before getting back to a routine of working out . If anything just do some walking and just keep it gentle until you are fully healed.

Today I had to divert from my workout as planned to make a huge batch of pancakes for my dd's sleepover guests. Now that the tweens here have been fed I can now focus on getting my workout in which will be Lean Intervals and the ab work on that disc.

I'll be busy monitoring the girls as one will not be picked up until after 6 pm :::sighs::: that's when her dad gets off work... single parent so I don't mind so much but I really wish I had been told prior to him dropping her off last night - oh well :confused:

Usually when I have kids over I'm constantly feeding them and making sure they are alright - guess thats the mom in me :rolleyes:

Take Care All....hasta luego!

picture.php

Good morning! Vilma, sounds like you've been busy! We also had a bit of a surprise with our first grade guest. I thought his parents would get him sometime yesterday (and so did he), but the mom called yesterday at lunch time and they were still finishing up the bike ride! So, one more night. The poor boy -- he's not really having much fun here -- we do not live quite like they do, with tv in the morning (not), etc. I guess my boys are used to playing more independently, too, because he seems to be bored a lot and needs someone to play with him -- my boys are sitting there doing legos or whatever, but he's not into it. Sigh. It's got to be hard on him -- away from his parents for a good solid week, in a strange house, etc. They are playing nicely now, with Travis still trying to sleep in a bit!!

I've been up for hours -- went for a run this morning, but it wasn't so great. I tried to do that cc "hiit"-like mix, and the first problem was shin splints (or is it just a splint when it's one side?!). I even put a longer warm up in there, but I think I still started with sprints too soon. So, I slowed down, tried to begin again, but the second problem is that I realized I just don't like the cc mixes, because you never quite know what's coming. He describes in the steady, so unless you create the mix with the right steady before the challenge, the description is off or nonexistent. So, 20 minutes in I switched to volume 1 and was happier. I finished and then did Stretch X -- almost an hour of stretching -- nice!

We are off to the fireman's bbq today -- they have games for the kids, a helicopter flies in, they use the jaws of life to open a car, etc. Good old fashioned fun.

Hottie, I hope you are feeling better! Maybe CLX can help get you back into a routine? Do you think Joe will try it? Or, getting Evee out for walks!

Chris, how was work? Waves to Joanne and Kathy, too!

-Beth

Thanks for the sweet thoughts guys. Yeah, my body decided to force me to take care of myself I think. But its also has made me wonder what my priorities should be too. As for CLX Beth -- Joe totally wants to do it. And actually, he wants a break from Evee because she just runs him to death. We took her to an off leash park which was ok but she got a bit aggressive with the dogs so we pulled her out a little. It was weird because when she was first there she was very subservient and then the aggresion gradually came. I'm going to buy her this harness to help train her a little: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance/ Do you guys have any tips teaching Evee to play better? I got in between her and a dog that was bigger/stronger and I'm pretty sure one of their teeth broke my skin. (don't worry, I treated it.)

I definitely need a pick me up, so if the pressure in my head allows me, I'm doing something. Some kick ass cardio or the start of CLX (though I was thinking about doing CLX in the mornings before work). Thanks to chanelling Beth and Evee, I wake up pretty early regardless of when I sleep... ;)

Hottie, we had a harness like that -- without the handle thing on top -- for Gina, but Larry left it on her by mistake one day and by the time we got home she had somehow chewed the thing off of herself!! The trainer did recommend a harness for training. I'm not sure I have any tips for you -- you might check the library for dog training books. As for being around other dogs -- they do say that practice, practice, practice (meaning more exposure) helps, but after what happened with Gina getting bit by that other dog, we are prettty shy about having her with other dogs. It all happened so fast!! Good luck with it!

And, good news about being able to wake up earlier! It's such a great time of day, I think.

-Beth

HI everyone!!

Popping in real quick...we are headed over to the pool here in a little while..Today is a rest day for me...I think I need it too..My body is tired!!

Ok, gotta go now...

Talk to you later!!

Hey girls...

Quickie check in...

Had a good night at work (YAY!). I talked to my SIL yesterday who reminded me of these really good relaxation/chill-out technique called "Tapping". SHe taught me about it before and it had helped me NOT overeat in the evenings and used for stress too. SO I used it for work (trying not to get anxious about being away and Zach's blood sugars AND worrying about having a crashing patient assignment). It worked! Have any of you heard of it?

Rest day for me today...

ALthough I complained about not having DOMS from this circuit rotation, I'm going to stop complaining. My scale is DOWN 3-5 lbs since I started!!! :eek: It's really working well for me and I'm going to continue on!!

Yes, this was a quickie!!

I'll see you guys tomorrow....

Chris, awesome scale news! But have you changed your eating, too? I saw your thread about calorie counts.

I have heard of tapping -- actually, I think it was on a Dr. Fitness & Fat Guy podcast -- some podcast, at any rate. That's cool that it worked!

We are back from the bbq. We took Gina with us, which was a little nuts at first, but she settled down and it was probably good to have her exposed to all of those people and some dogs -- after what I said about keeping her away from dogs! :) We definitely need another harness collar though -- that definitely works better when she's pulling in situations like that.

Ok, so we're done with the surplus first grader but now we have picked up a fourth grader. I guess this is just the way it is!!

I feel I need a nap.....

-Beth

I'm back with a listing of songs from my ipod -- these are all from the radio station benefit cd. I may flip through some of the songs without listening, depending on the speed and my mood:

Disc One:
1. Stereophonics - Have A Nice Day
2. Steve Miller - Take the Money and Run
3. Los Lonely Boys - Crazy Dream
4. Barenaked Ladies - Testing 1, 2, 3
5. Mindy Smith - Come to Jesus
6. Ziggy Marley - Higher Vibration
7. Shane Nicholson - Nice To Be Here
8. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - You Know You Wrong
9. Joe Bonamassa - Woke Up Dreaming
10. Alanis Morissette - Excuses
11. Grant-Lee Phillips - Mona Lisa
12. Joe Firstman - Breaking All The Ground
13. Mark Knopfler - Romeo & Juliet
14. Sarah McLachlan - Angel

Disc Two:
1. Robert Randolph & The Family Band - I Need More Love
2. The Allman Brothers Band - Come On In My Kitchen
3. BoDeans - Fadeaway
4. Gary Jules - Mad World
5. Jackie Greene - I'll Come Undone
6. Peter Gabriel - Secret World
7. Keb' Mo' - Keep It Simple
8. Buchanan - American Son
9. My Morning Jacket - Golden
10. Josh Rouse - 1972
11. Toots & The Maytals - Time Tough
12. Train - Get To Me
13. Damien Rice - Delicate

There's another one I really like, but I'm not finding the listing on-line anywhere and I'm too lazy to type, but one of the songs I really like from it is a John Hiatt.

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.