June 09 Rotation Check in Monday 1rst

Kathy36

Cathlete
Good morning ladies...

Getting us started on this first day of June..The kids have checkups at the doctor today. So, we have to do that at 11:30..

On the workout side, I am thinking of making my own rotation up using all my videos...Today I plan on a circuit type workout..I was thinking of one of my older FIRM workouts that uses cardio and weights together....

Be back later...

Good Morning Kathy & all who follow

Kathy great for you in making up your own rotation. Which circuit have you planned on? Have fun at the doctor's

Last day of the lean phase for me and once I'm done I plan on packing it up and shipping it off . Mine is schedule to arrive tomorrow so I'll be starting the 4th month of CLX called Lean for life.

Hope all have a great day!!!!

picture.php

Good morning! June! It's so hard to believe.

I overslept this morning, but woke up in time to do 4DS HIS -- struggling with the steps, still, but beginning to see how it could be fun. :) Thought about Hottie when I did it. I was planning to add on Tracy's abs/waist, but no time -- I hope there's time later -- I was planning to do them after my run on Saturday and just completely forgot! :confused:

Kathy, I have to get to the dr. today, too -- it's the dr. day, I guess!

Vilma, you are really good at following things! I guess that or you really do like it, which it seems you do. That is great! Sorry we missed your post yesterday!!

I think I'm going to be busy today, but I'll probably bbl.

-Beth

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Vilma, I finished Twilight! It was good - I'm anxious to get the next one.

Beth, I finished Meso 3 just this morning. I took a rest day yesterday. I totally agree with what you said about your body wanting to stay at a certain weight. I think I look better about 10 pounds lighter, but it's such a struggle to stay there. 4DS HIS is a bit tricky, but I finally have it down. It's fun. Are you taking a rest week from weights this week? I'm anxious to start circuits, so not sure what I'm going to do.

Saturday I did Amy's Kickbox Surge again. Love it!

I think Cathe's June rotation looks great, but I really need a bit of a break from STS. Although I love how she's mixed them up. I might do that in August. I think I'm going to follow FF's Summer rotation, but sub in some other workouts. I'm going to rotate circuits or total body with cardio and do one day of legs. I may do a week of Lean first though. If I really like it, I'll do a month of it. Oh, who am I kidding?? I have no idea what I'm doing! ;) I'm so indecisive!!

Sounds like lots of dr. visits today. Not me, thank goodness!

Kathy, I have some old firms I may have to check out again.

We had four soccer games this weekend. Colin's team won the rematch, but then lost in the semi-finals the next day. Jameson's team won both games. Colin also taught himself to roller blade this weekend. Within a day he was speeding all over the block. Makes me nervous, but he only got one scrape on his knee. He finally learned how to stop without falling first.

Hi to everyone else!

Joanne

HI ladies..

We are headed off to our Dr appt..Thought I would pop in and say that I squeezed in my workout this morning..Thank goodness..I like to get it done before afternoon stuff gets in the way..I did FIRM Volume 1..It is an oldie but goodie..Do you have that one Joanne?NOt alot of cardio. But, that floor work is awesome!!

Be back later

Kathy, I have that one (in VHS of course) up on my shelf somewhere -- it was the first exercise dvd I ever bought, and did faithfully for a long time!

Joanne, I almost took that rest day yesterday! Yes, I'm taking a break from weights this week -- so needing it! Your possibilities for this month sound great! :) FF's rotation does look good -- I saved it for future use -- and Cathe's too, but I do need a break from STS.

Wow -- sounds like you must have had exciting soccer matches -- interesting that they won the rematch -- that other team must have been so miffed! On the roller blading.... I'm sure he'll be fine -- just don't watch! :) Did I tell you guys that we are probably going to pave our horse arena this summer? We'll just never have horses, we know, and though I use it for running and the kids use it for ball play somtimes, it mostly doesn't get used. Well, Larry is a big skater, so we think we'll get lots more use with it paved.... roller blading, set up skateboard ramps, bike ramps, and we can put basketball hoops on each end. Sounds fun, no? Sounds like potential ER trips, no? :)

Ok, I was waiting for another computer to reboot and it did so now I must really ignore the forums!

-Beth

Hey All!

I'm finished w/ lean phase and hit it hard and can you believe my muscles still feel like a wobbly mess of jello? Whoa!!!

So Beth & Hottie I sent you a message over in FB :)

Beth I really enjoy that dvd of HIS/LIS it is so much fun! The moves are a bit tricky but I'm sure once you do it a few times you'll be flying on that step ;)

Oy about the new skating arena - I'd be scared to look while they are jumping off those ramps yikes. Hopefully no er visits at all.

Joanne so glad to hear you enjoyed Twilight - it is such an easy read but the intense emotions are so romantic for me lol :eek: Anyways you do need to continue on w/ New Moon and the rest of the series. For me that series is so addictive :p

Congrats on finishing STS :)

Oy when my kids learned that extreme sports stuff I just can't look as I feel my heart stopping at how reckless they seem but thankfully they have used helmets

Kathy Oh wow Firm 1 is an oldies but a goodie ..... man.... I think I may still have my vhs version of that one.

Off I go as I have tons to do today.

picture.php

Kathy, yes, I do have Volume 1! I actually have it on DVD. So cheesy, but a good workout!

Beth, wow, that paved area sounds awesome - for kids!! (little and big!) I was thinking you could make an ice rink in winter, but, no, not in California, eh? ;) I know, I'm trying to not watch Colin - I'll just peek outside ever once in awhile to make sure he's still upright! The parents at the rematch were a bit miffed. I guess no one actually told them why we were replaying the game. I did feel bad for their kids, though. But, the seasons over now for Colin, on to the next thing - football. Yikes! That won't start till late July though with practices.

Vilma, you're making me want to try the Lean phase!

Good morning all! I think I've recovered from my unexpected rest week. That was possibly the most annoying cold ever. I would be good and rest and take meds and I would feel better every day but never feeling 100%. I'm not even a 100% today frankly but I hope after moving around and some fresh air, I'll be better by the afternoon to continue my Imax2 Monday streak which really just picks me up. But this is going to be a slightly me post as I have to recount one of the $hittiest set of days in a row I've had in a while.

Last Sunday - massive huge drama fight with Joe. Experiment in the evening that half worked.
Monday - worked myself to the bone in the house and yard which was fine. I got Imax2 in which was great, but just doggone tired and beginning to feel an itch in my throat (which I should have paid attention to).
Tuesday - hours in the permitting office where the guy tells us we have to move our water heater as opposed to getting an after the fact permit that we thought we needed to get. On top of that, he wouldn't process the other permit that we needed renewed so we will have to go back and waste time at the permitting office later. Find out it will cost $2500-3K to move said water heater. Start feeling worse so I eat heartily and go to bed without a workout.
Wednesday - the cold hits me square in the nose first thing in the morning. Go to work even though I probably shouldn't. Trying to pick up Joe at work in the evening and I get sideswiped by a bus. My right side of my pretty car is now ugly and it was slightly terrifying.
Thursday - We get a flat on the 110S freeway. For those of you who don't now our nation's first freeway, its really hilly and curvy and we lost control downhill which was scary. Metro came super fast to help us with our tire which was nice, but I'm getting worse. We go to the school of dentistry to get cheap dental care to only find out that DENTISTS ARE MONEY GRUBBING MEANIES and it turns out almost all my cavities that he wanted to fill can be treated with fluoride and doesn't need to be filled. Oh, yeah, its my anniversary (happy belated anniversary to you Chris btw) and I get even worse but Joe is a sweetie and takes me home and stays with me. We then find out that it was the alignment in our car that was super off and that all of our tires are about to go because its been grinding on the inside (our tire literally cracked when we got the flat as opposed to a puncture). So, I just dumped ~$600 for new tires and alignment becaues our car needs more expensive tires apparently and CA tax just makes everything sweeter. I did get to have sushi though (because it was across the street from the tire place) and it's a place that I've been going to since '99. The lady there hadn't seen me in a couple years but instantly recognized me and the first thing she said was, "Oh my, you've lost so much weight since I last saw you!" which was cool. I didn't know how to take when she told Joe, "And I'm glad you married her instead of that other gf." Oh, and I ate FOUR cupcakes for my anniversary.
Friday -- I literally cower in fear on the next crappy thing that's going to hit me. I'm still pretty sick but I go into work with the idea that I'm going to finish my paperwork and go home to sleep. Well I did, but it was one of those days where my coworkers decided to get on every last freaking nerve. I almost bolted out the door when I could.
Saturday -- I wake up to realize that without my nagging on a daily basis, my husband didn't do a single ounce of house or yardwork. No picking up slack while I lay sick in my bed. This guilt tripped him into doing a little but clearly not enough. I did get my washer dryer on Saturday which was cool but almost cried when I realized I had not taking into account the clearance needed in the back for my water and gas in take. So, the washer door hits the refrigerator but as long as I can access it, its fine but unfortunately, we have to rethink how we're doing our kitchen (which is why I almost cried because it was like the last thing I needed to deal with).

At one point, I said screw it to the world, picked up my DS and started playing a video game because I was so determined to have 24 hrs go without a problem.

Thanks for the ventage and I figured I was offline so maybe you wanted to know what I was going through. :)

Kathy -- is that firm one with the blonde woman in the yellow outfit? I remember my sister doing that one and it worked her. I think that's the only firm one I really remember.
Vilma -- I really look forward to doing CLX. I was going to ask you and Beth -- is there a rotation that incorporates CLX and Cathe? Joe was teasing me saying, can you go three months without Cathe? And I got all sad when I thought about it...
Beth -- I love HIS, but after I got all the steps. And I swear with the mirror, it helps me push even harder because I can see ME and Cathe and I can see how I'm maybe not lunging as deep or picking up my feet as much. Joe got me a soft medicine ball for our anniversary (well, for himself too -- he got a 10lb one even though I would have been fine with 8lb). Do you guys like a medicine ball abs related stuff? Chris, didn't you get one too? Beth, you have a horse arena?? How big is your place??? That's so cool though. I told Joe that I think when we move out of LA I wanted to live in the middle of nowhere so we could afford a lot so we could do stuff like that (the paving, not the horses).
Joanne -- I totally wish Colin could teach me how to rollerblade. I'm such a total klutz and my mother didn't ever really let us do anything where we could get hurt and I've retained a lot of her anxiety too. I can be ambitious but as soon as I lose my steadiness, oh the high pitched squealing (which DH finds especially annoying since I apparently have a deeper voice than he does). Good for Jameson on both of his games -- does that mean he's in the finals?

Oh, I'd so rather be home playing with Evee...bbl

Hey Girls! It's Monday AND June 1st! That was quick!

Although last night dragged for me. Work wasn't bad, my patients were sick, but not on the brink of death, BUT... I started with one of my crappy headaches. By morning I was a total mess, it hurt so freakin bad, in spite of taking tylenol all night. I barely made it home. And then I made a huge mistake. I took some Sudafed Sinus Headache pills AND 2 Advil Gels. On an empty stomach. Holy CRAP, 10 minutes later , not only did my head pound, but I felt like someone had their steel-booted foot in my stomach! I barely made it to bed, lying on my stomach and praying for sleep.

Woke up about an hour ago, with that inkling of a headache still. I'm really debating on what to do. Scheduled is "Drill Max". I do not think I can get through 70+ minutes of drill max. I'm thinking I might change it up with Circuit Max from later in the week, or just "rest". .... I hate to just "rest", because I ate like an ass yesterday. The boys went off to the baseball game, and for some reason , I ate everything in sight!

What the heck.... I 'm going to go try SOMETHING. I can always stop..

This stinking headache had better leave , I'm done with it!!

Kathy: I have no Firm workouts (only the 5 day abs one), hope it's a good one for ya!

Beth: HIS is fun when you get it! Are you taking a break from weights this week? I think paving the horse run sounds like great fun potential!! My boys would be loving building some skateboard /scooter jumps!

JOanne: The soccer games sound like they were exciting! Cool how they won the rematch! Kids, huh? I had my husband buy me roller blades a few years ago for my bday, and never have taken them out of the box! What was I thinking?? ... I think a good circuit rotation would be fun for you !! Join me and Kathy!

Vilma: Sounds like you're loving the heck out of CLX! And it's working you big time! ... You're making me very curious!! But like Hottie, I'm not sure I could go without Cathe for that long either.. LOL!

HOttie:
Holy CRAP, you are due for a GOOD LUCK week this week!!! Sounds like you were pushed all week long!

Okay, I better get moving or I won't ever...

Oh my!!! Hottie! I saw the bit about the flat on fb, and forgot to ask you about it. You got sideswiped by a bus?! Sheesh! But which was more frightening, that or the tire incident on the freeway?! Perhaps those were your cardio workouts for the week! :p

And Chris! Sorry to hear you are feeling awful and then the sudafed made you feel worse!!!

Oh, as for mixing CLX and Cathe, Hottie.... the only real way to do it is to use Cathe for cardio -- forget Cathe weights for a good while.

Isn't it fun to go to a restaurant and have the people know you? We used to go to a place in North Beach so often that after Travis was born and just weeks old, we went in there and they whisked him away from us and back into the kitchen to show him around in there. They always brought us dessert without us ordering it (and never charged us). It was so great! But then.... we didn't go there for quite a while and when we finally went back all the help had changed (maybe new owners) and it just wasn't the same for us. We never went back. Funny what the woman said to Joe!

Yes, we have a horse arena, and even a barn. Horse people will hate us for paving, I know, but the fact is.... we will just never have horses. They poop something like 70 pounds a day. That is just way too much maintenance if you ask me. We have 15 acres, but we border onto a couple of different forests, so we feel as if we have endless acres. There isn't a day that goes by where we don't feel so lucky to be there. Fire season is the only downside.

I was in and out of the dr.s office so fast! You gotta' love it when it goes like that!!

-Beth

Made it through Circuit Max and then tacked on Power 90 Ab Ripper 200...

I kind of felt good sweating and breathing hard, but now my head feels "on the edge" and heavy. AND my boys are home, the oldest playing Rock Band with a friend, the other 2 whining/fighting/screetching.

....Beth, it was actually the advils that were trying to eat a hole in my stomach. I should have known better... And :eek: 70lbs of poop?? OH MY GAWD! I cringe at the 2 cats litter box!....

SCREAMING, FIGHTING, HOLLERING,DRUMMING LOUDLY. DH is up in our bedroom, playiing his own video game, quietly. Me thinks I got the shit end of the stick....

Do tell, why were you at the doctors? everything ok? I understand if you don't want to talk about it. But being a nurse, i have a curious nature that way. LOL!...

Wow, Hottie, sorry you've been having such a crappy time of it. It's got to turn around for you soon, and, please, be careful out there!! I was just telling DH today that sometimes I look at Tully (our dog!) as she lays there totally zonked out and happy as a clam, that it would be much easier being a dog! Life it too stressful! Jameson is in a different league, so they're still in their regular season. My mom was exactly like yours - hence I'm a fraidy cat. Never learned to ski, swim, etc. I did roller skate, though. I'm determined that my kids don't turn out like me!

Chris, sorry you are feeling icky. I was feeling totally wiped out this weekend, emotionally and physically. I think i just don't get enough sleep. I was home today and the kids were at school. I took at 2.5 hour nap and feeling so much better. Got nothing done here, but oh well. Good for you for getting in Circuit Max. Drill Max is tough to face if you're not feeling well. Or anytime, for that matter! I can relate to all the noises going on at your house. Same here. As soon as they get in the car together from school, it starts. Right now Colin and Jameson are fighting because Colin called him a "giant nipple". OK then.

Beth, 70 pounds of poop? Ew!!!

Lalofit arrived today! I may try it Wednesday. I'm doing another 5K this weekend, so have to get some running in too.

Have to go...

Joanne

Beth - I'm not sure which was more frightening. I think the bus driver was just mad at where I squeezed myself into and intentionally decided to cut it like that. She (yes, she) dented the right rear tire area and scraped up some paint but its that really annoying hard black rubber throughout the side of the car. What kills was that I was literally less than 20ft away from where Joe was and if I had just been given another minute, I would have been gone. It was scary in that I had no place to go and I was afraid of getting crushed in between. As for losing control on the freeway, Joe was driving and I trust him way more than me for getting out of freeway situations and it literally went through my mind, well, there are so many damn cars here in rush hour and we were only going 40mph that we would most likely hit the car in front of us and hopefully that would stop us and I also remember thinking that got we have great front and side impact crash ratings on the car. Isn't it weird what goes through your head? All Joe thought was - GET CAR OUT OF LANE. He has the better mind set most likely.

Oh, and Joe has been defending himself ever since the woman said that at the sushi place. He's repeated over and over again that he never took another gf to that place and then finally on Sunday he came into the bedroom and said that she must have been confused when he took a female friend of ours there to lunch years ago. Yeah...sure....

Chris -- Oh, I'm so sorry that they're playing Rock Band through your headache. Can you make them stop? One time when I was in college, the apt below me was not only playing really loud music but they were smoking (nasty smelling) pot while I had a migraine. I went down to them in tears asking them to at least turn down the music because of my migraine and even high they felt terrible and just shut everything down for me. So, after that, I figure you can ask anyone. (seriously, this is my thinking.)

Joanne -- good for you for letting your kids do everything! I'm trying to do more now but I can't even tell my mother what I'm doing until after the fact because she'll literally sit 3000 miles away worrying all day. One time, I took my stupidity to new heights by letting her find out that I had slashed my hand (height level 1) by closing my kickstand with my hand (height level infinity). Thus, infinity + 1. So, now I can't even tell her if I decide to take my bike out because she's worried I'm going to get completely cut up (as if I didn't learn from the experience!). So, as long as the kids get up with scrapes and don't do things monstrously stupid like me, I'm sure you won't be nearly as worried. How many 5Ks do you run? Go you!

Oh, I've now have to find a way to incorporate "giant nipple" into my vernacular. That's just...awesomeness. I'm sure Joe will do something to merit it.

Man I'm super chatty today. See? This is what happens when I don't whine to you guys for a week.

So I was wrong, DH was out washing/cleaning his car, NOT playing video games. But he still had QUIET! I did feel a lot better after my shower too. The "screamers/whiners" went outside, and I just dealt with the Rock Band playing. it really isn't horrible now, except I think I'm just fearing that it will get worse.

OMG..Joanne, "Giant Nipple"?? My boys were classic this weekend. They fought doggedly about everything, as in Who's turn it was to close/open the sunroof on the car. And then in the grocery store, Who's turn it was to play the game at the register. (You hit a button and try to match coins, kind of like a slot machine). I was crazed from all the silly fights!! YAY for Lalofit!!! Can't wait to hear what YOU think too!!!

Hottie:
I can only imagine your run in with that bus! I get so anxious driving next to buses/trucks/tractor trailors on the highway. That would be my worst nightmare come true!!! My son would have probably stopped playing, I guess I just ddn't have the energy to even go there, with his friend over and stuff. LOL @ "Giant Nipple". I bet you could call Joe that during one of his "moments"!!! :eek:

Giant nipple! That's a new one!

I did my Tracy waist/abs work -- whew! As I was counting, Dylan came in and gave me a first grade stumper: what's the contraction for of the clock? Took me a moment to come up with it -- but c'mon, I didn't want to lose count!! :)

Joanne, I did lalo during a recovery week with something like three pound weights and it worked for me! It's fun because it's different!

I had a run-in with a garbage truck one time. He hopped out of his truck, looked all around it and said, "it's ok, nothing got damaged" and I said, "well, take a look at my car, buddy!" Ug.

Ok, I'm about to be called a "giant nipple" for not starting the ending of wall-e which we still haven't done.

Oh, but Vilma, I think on fb you must have asked me what "A Little Bit Wicked" is -- it's the memoir of the gal who plays Glinda and she's also been on some tv shows.

-Beth

Chris, p.s. I forgot to say that the dr. appt. was just the annual check of my larger-than-life thyroid. It's fine. I had the funniest message from the dr. last week almost pleading me to come in so that he could "feel my neck". It seemed very odd that the dr. himself would call to tell me I need to get in there, and then he actually did say "feel your neck" and it seemed borderline creepy (but he's not creepy at all!). I wouldn't talk about anything here that I don't want to talk about, you know? ;)

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.