June 08 Check in Wednesday 4th

ShyWolf

Cathlete
PLB & floor work from B&G awaits me after I get back from taking the kids to school this morning. }( :eek:

Last week of school for them then my DD's graduation on Monday * wipes away a tear*

Have a Great HumpDay Gals :7

Good morning! I'm done with the 4DS upper body work -- love that workout. I did it last month, I think it was, as maybe a pyramids substitute, or something.

Vilma, it's a big week for you!!

Enjoy your day, everyone.......

-Beth

Back to report that I need to make a note to myself: [font color=#8D38C9]* Vilma!!!! No Wii Fit until you are done with your workouts! OY!!!!! *[/font]

Okay so I did complete my workout consisting of PLB plus L&G floor work and wow! I would've never thought to add on more floor work after PLB but I did it and can you say owwie? LOL :p

It actually felt really good :p

Wii Fit was fun, my DD finally picked it up for herself ;) last night at Target after she had me go to each store out here since it came out asking for it, of course every place I inquired about it told me it was sold out.

So imagine our surprise when she calls me on her cell phone at the other end of the store telling me she had a Wii Fit board but wasn't sure if it was it since it was out on the open shelves. So here I go walking from the pharmacy side to meet up with her just to tell her yes its 'The Wii Fit' my girls face lit up lol. Of course she had to make sure so she has me help her open up the box and she quickly made her purchase as there was only 3 others left. My youngest DD couldn't stop hopping around as she too was excited about it. Go figure I tell myself and I laugh.

I got on it this am before my workout and thought I would only check it out and see what all the fuss over this thing was about.

Yeah after 1 1/2 hours later I finally turned off the Wii Fit and started my regullarly scheduled workout for today :p lol.

It's not something to take the place of a regular workout but its fun, cute and a good way for beginners to get into fitness; for me I can see myself playing with it on my rest days :p:7

Never got back last night for personals as I was busy!

[font color=#7D1B7E]Becca:[/font]

Wow sounds like you had a great workout yesterday! How are your arms feeling today?

[font color=#7D1B7E]Chris:[/font]

So how's the new family member acclimating to its new home? And How is your cat reacting to having to share her family with it now?

[font color=#7D1B7E]Joanne:[/font]

ITA about checkin and keeping with the motivation - it does help :D

How are your arms feeling today? Sounds like you and Becca got in some good upper body yesterday :)

Which iTread did you do?

I love my iTreads and Cardio Coaches.

[font color=#7D1B7E]Beth:[/font]

When does your MIL arrive? Is it today?

My mom is flying in on Saturday then my MIL on Sunday.... too bad they didn't coordinate on flying together as it would've saved me a trip to the airport this weekend but thats life right? lol

I can't believe my baby girl is graduating from High School already! Goodness where has the time gone?

I still remember crying and following the school bus on her 1st day of kindergarten ;(

Letting go was hard back then and she has grown up in to such a lovely young lady.[font color=#8D38C9]** Lets out a big sigh **[/font]

Okie Dokie time for me to get moving here as I have stuff to do and my laundry is slowly reproducing in the hampers lol

Hi Girls!!

I had errands to do this morning, so my workout is going to be in a few minutes... I'm doing PLB followed by B&G, Floorwork , too! I'm a sceered! }(

I have to say, though, my jeans are feeling looser and I'm lovin it!! I'm excited to tone down my lower body a little more... I really feel like I've been working it lately.

So yes! We got the kitty! OMG..he is orange and FLUFFY! He really is beautiful. Samantha was very curious last night. I was going to keep them apart for a few days, but my middle son, Alex, decided they'd be ok in a room together! LOL!. Kiwi (the new kitty) hissed, and Samantha stalked, with her back hairs way up to the sky. Needless to say, I separated them. And will give them turns with the run of the house, let them get used to each other's smells. And then maybe put them back together...

He is a sweetie though!

My laptop is broken (sending it to HP to get it fixed) and I can't upload pics from my dig cam on this computer. SO you'll have to wait for furry orange Kiwi pictures...

YES! The 4 DS Upper Body premix was a kicker! It's weird, I did it on Monday, and Im' feeling it more today than I did yesterday. ... I like working my upper body too. DOMS feels better up there than in my lower, for some reason...

Speaking of... time for me to get my workout clothes on and "play" the pyramid with Cathe & crew!!...

BBL...

Chris

Hi everyone!! Today I did day two of the rotation, Low Max 1-4 and LIS core. I had planned to do all of Low Max, but was really wore out by the end of combo four. One part of me kept thinking "Vilma was able to do the whole thing" :p and the other part (which won!) was thinking "but the rotation only says you have to do 1-4" ;-)

Vilma, the itread I did yesterday was 21 - interval run. I have so many on my ipod. I'm trying to use them all at least once. Congrats on your DD's graduation!! They do grow up fast, don't they? My youngest had her last day of preschool yesterday - she's off to kindergarten next year. I can't believe it. I think I'll cry the most at her first day since it's my last "baby" we're sending off to school. :eek: We have a Wii Fit, too. It's alot of fun, but I agree, it definitely won't substitute for a workout. I haven't had alot of time to use it, but the kids are loving it.

Beth, I don't think I could handle the 4DS upper body work all at once more than once a month. That was one tough workout! I'm a bit sore now, but expect it to get worse!

Chris, sounds like the rotations are working for you! That's such a good feeling to have your clothes feel looser. I'm hoping to feel that soon. ;) Your new cat sounds adorable. I can't wait for pictures. Didn't you just get Samantha a couple months ago? Hopefully they'll get used to each other soon. I've thought about getting another dog, but ours goes ballistic whenever she sees another dog, so I don't know if she'd be too keen on a new pet in the family.

I'm a bit nervous about PLB and L&G floor work tomorrow. It sounds like you survived Vilma! Everyone else come back and let me know how it went. OK, this is turning into a book...sorry! Everyone have a great day!

Joanne

Hey Joanne! It's great to see you checking back in again and on the same rotation!! :D

Okay, I finished PLB and FLOOR WORK of B&G! Holy CRAP! I'm sorry, but holy CRAP! Actually, it feels awesome to have gotten that done, it really does. I have a feeling I won't be able to walk tomorrow, but I "got er done"! PLB is PLB. I kind of enjoy the Pyramid weight work. And then there's the ball work. Well, I have a love/hate relationship with that ball. mostly "hate" :7 But okay, got that done. And then B&G Floor work. But you know what? I LIKE B&G a LOT! So I got through it. And mostly did all the reps. Even though I'm on fire with the last part (on all 4's work), I love doing that part! I'm crazy, I know!

BUT... my favorite part of all is..... B&G stretch! The music and the stretches are so relaxing and enjoyable. I almost fall asleep! AHHH!!!

Yeah, I know, it's going to be work to get my 2 cats together. Yes, Joanne! We got samantha in February. I'd gone SOOO long without a pet, I'd forgotten how much I love them. I swear, it's like having kids again!! (Oh wait, I still HAVE kids! )LOL! I hope they eventually become buddies. :)

Vilma: I meant to tell you how I empathize with time flying by and your daughter graduating. I know those feelings from the first day of kindergarten never go away. Your daughter sounds like someone you can be very proud of, and that's all that matters! Hey! We have the Wii, and I've also been eyeing the Wii Fit! My 12 year old son says he wants it too. So who knows? THere's alot of balance work in it, isnt there?

okay, time to go find my kitties and see what they're up to!

Later...

Chris

Joanne:

OMG I did Run Intervals on Monday morning and I loved it! }( :7
That is one that I am going to try to do often

I know what you meant about the rotation saying only the premix. I almost did that but when it says a premix I don't do the premix I play the dvd as is and told myself if I feel I can't I'll stop at the end of interval - its a mind game for me all the time so I try to push myself :p

I'm listening to CCV8 and I can not wait until I do this tomorow morning! It sounds awesome already and if it wasn't that I already showered I would've jumped on my TM with it already.

Today's rotation wasn't that bad but had you walked past my house when I was doing those one legged pull ins on the ball you would've thought someone was being killed lmao :p I survived and because I did I feel real good about it :)

Chris:

Girl you absolutely had me laughing with your description of the workout LMAO!!!!!!

Yes the Wii Fit has a lot to do with balance but with balance you hold your core and I found I had to concentrate on how I was moving my body. I can seriously see myself playing more on that thing and it is fun :)

I would love to get a kitten but I have my two cats that are aged 7 and my male would absolutely not be happy his 'top cat' position would be up for competition lol

I really do miss having a dog though its almost three years that my puppy of almost 13 yrs passed away I still miss her terribly and hubby and I have talked that when we do sell this house and get settled into the new one we'll get another miniature schnauzer puppy again.

I feel like I did the wrong workout today with all that lower body aching talk! :) Good for you guys!! I'll do L&G tomorrow.

The eagle has landed -- my husband is at the airport picking up MIL as I type.

My oldest son is finishing up third grade -- all of the kids are turning 9 and I'm realizing we're probably halfway done with his time at home. Of course, he tells us that he's never going to leave us -- won't go away to college and plans to live with us when he's an adult -- but we know that song is going to change in the next few years!! :)

Oh, and I can't wait to see pictures of the kitty!!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.