January 09 Check in Weekend 1/31 &2/01/09

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi everyone..

I thought I would get our thread started for the weekend...

I will be back after I decide what workout to do..

Hey Kathy and all to follow today..

I feel horrible today.
9.gif
Woke up with a nasty headache and I feel queasy. Good thing it's the last day of my rest week. It's 10am and I'm still in my jammies... I NEED to feel better to go to work tonight....

Morning!

I'm futzing but I'm thinking BM2 since I like to do that on Saturdays.

Kathy - let us know what you decide to do.

Chris-I'm confused... is this a mommy thing? If I don't have to go into work I'm in my PJS well past 10a. :) Hope you headache goes away.

HiYa Gals!

I'll be joining in the CCPP day as I always do for the last Saturday of the month once I wake up fully.

Kathy did you decide what w/o you plan on doing?

Chris I hope you feel better soon enough hey I'm still in my robe. During the week days I get up and dressed to carpool the kids before 7am so I like weekends to futz around ;)

Hottie Have fun w/ BM2

Yesterday we were out all day, so it was quite productive and thankfully we did our taxes and now I just need to get the oldest DD to get her taxes done.

Hmmm nothing more to say other than Have a Great day.

I'll be on and off online but with everyone home it all depends on whats going on.

picture.php

Good morning, happy Saturday. I did CCPP this morning, but could not add on that bonus challenge -- I don't know how people do that. My joints are just too old. I even did some kettlebell work for some of the hill work, and still.... I'm sore. I did 20 minutes of stretching afterward, some ham rolling, and I feel like I should spend the rest of the day stretching and rolling. Hmmm, reminds me of Teri Garr in the hay in Young Frankenstein "roll, roll, roll, roll". Who gets that reference?

Chris! I'm sorry you're not feeling well!! I sure hope you feel better for work.

My sister got laid off yesterday -- bumming about that big time. I'm off to Chuck E Cheese later for Dylan's friend's bday party. Sure don't want to spend my Saturday that way, but we do what we have to, eh?

have a good one.....

-Beth

Really?! No one else has posted here today? What, am I a thread killer?! :eek:

Just came from a really fun evening with friends that was spur of the moment. Those are great. I have a feeling I'm going to regret some of the wine and later night come tomorrow morning though.

Hottie, I can't find you on facebook -- how pathetic is that?! Anyone else have luck?

night, night,
-Beth

ROFLOLOL Beth! Well, I found *all* of you. :) I'm in the Cathe fan groups if that's a hint! That's so nice that you got to see your friends though...if it matters, I think your hangover headache traveled south to me since I have been up with a splitting headache for no reason since I woke up.

Yesterday, when we were driving back from lab we encountered some traffic on the freeway and I suddenly said, "let's go to the restaurant we went to earlier this week!" and Joe just swerved into the exit lane and off we went. $50 gone right into my belly but you're right, its extra yummy when its spontaneous. We're going to some place in Venice for lunch to continue the dineLA week and it will thankfully cheaper.

But I think I've had my fill of eating out...even though all the food has been extra organic and healthy, I dunno...there's something about the food I make with my own hands that's very satisfying. That said, despite me eating so much for lunch, I not onlytook a nap but woke up and ate a huge serving of lasagna cold and couldn't stop myself! I was hoping Cathe would have a rotation up today to inspire me to do some awesome Superbowl workout to burn it off! And yesterday after having an awesome cardio run at BM2, I had to stop before the upper body section because I forgot about my experiment! Ohh, I need something good for the burn. I will have to be creative...

Will be futzing waiting for football goodness. I like the coach of the Steelers and Polamalu but...I like my cinderella stories and want the Cardnials to win (and if Matt Leinart gets his superbowl ring without playing before Vince Young, Young's head is going to explode and that'll be just revenge for that horrible rose bowl game a couple years ago).

Go Cardinals!

(WHAHAHAH, now I am the thread killer!)

Oh and I forgot -- I did get the YF reference. Joe and I like to watch "classics." Ok, more him than me but I have a weird way of remembering this stuff.

Good morning! Hottie, I thought Cathe wasn't going to post non-STS rotations for a while (sadly). If that's true, I say you should do FF's dec. rotation -- it was so great!!!

Fun about all the going out to eat. I definitely overindulged yesterday but didn't feel it when I woke up this morning -- whew! I did clx push 1 toda -- biceps & triceps, plus HSC abs & stretch. Feeling good!

We are headed to a superbowl party later -- ssshhhh! -- but I sure don't want to go. Just not into football at all and I'd much rather get stuff done around the house. Oh well.

I'm sitting here with color on my hair waiting for the timer to go off. :eek:

-Beth

Hello! Just checkin in really quick. I hope you all have a great day today! I had to work today and got things to do. I'll be checking in again tomorrow with my workout. I can't wait!! I feel like I haven't worked out in MONTHS!!! :eek:

Beth: What color are you dying your hair?? I did mines in December 1st in Black but it was a non-premanent and it seems like FOREVER for this color to come off. It's still BLACK!! AAHH!!! I hope my color starts coming out soon!

Hey girls!! Haven't been in the checkin recently- I feel I never have time to do anything!! My knee is healing SLOWLY, but I am now up to 4 workouts with cathe each week. I can't do full squats yet but I am working on that. I felt exercising with Cathe was much better than my actual physical therapy. Plus, Cathe saved me $40 dollars-its crazy what these insurances make you pay!!
I am working 40 hours at my regular job, plus I work every 6th weekend with my home infusion job. My boyfriend owns a pretzel bakery, which takes up alot of my weekend time. On top of that I decided to go back to grad school to hopefully get my masters degree for an oncology nurse practitioner. So, with all that I am still waiting for that engagement ring Beth- it may come soon. I just don't know when I could fit that in too-LOL. I hope everyone is doing well!! I have to go to a bounce U party for my 5 year old niece at 5:30pm. I just spent 1 hour at toys r us trying to figure out polly pockets and littlest pet shop. I swear when we were kids we picked one thing-there is def. too much to choose from. I hope everyone had a great workout. I did not purchase STS-but please tell me all about it. I did circuit max yesterday. Talk to you later

Nurse: It's so good to hear from you!! It's been a long time. I'm glad your knee is doing much better! I know what you mean about the toys. This past Christmas I was trying to find stuff for my little ones and I went over EACH toy isle like 400 times, LOL! There was just TOO much stuff and didn't know what to choose.

Today I did Christi's Solid Gold Step. I couldn't help too workout, lol. Tomorrow is the real thing. Have a great day! BB tomorrow

Hey Everyone!

I'm popping in for a quick (probably won't be though) post!

Yesterday sucked for me. I was so sick feeling. I had that headache/nausea/exhausted feeling all day. And then I had to go to work with it. I know it's my sinuses. The pressure started to build back up at work last night too. :confused: And then work sucked, because there is a NASTY stomach virus running rampant throughout the hospital. Rooms are shut down, staffing is short (nurses have been getting it). It's like an epidemic hospital wide! I'm soooo afraid I'll get it! No one had it on our unit last night, but then one nurse came in this morning with it. So our unit was "contaminated". (Gosh, I feel like I'm on an episode of 24! I need Jack Bauer!!)

I came home , popped 2 benedryl and 2 Advil gels and crashed.

Woke up headache free! And so far, stomach virus free... *fingers crossed*knock on wood*.

I'm SO torn on what to do this week for workouts. I really do want to start STS, but I need to get in a few lower body 1RMs. Just a few. Did you see Cathe posted an STS rotation with cardio?? That is why I'm pumped to start it up! I was thinking of doing a week of Cathe's FEB 09 Rotation or just winging it.

What are you all doing? Maybe you can help me decide~

Off I go! enjoy "the game"!!

*waves* to Lisa! Cool to see you! Hey..did you know I'm an Oncology nurse? Have been on a Hem/Onc Unit for 22 years! Cool you are going for NP!

Okay..got to run!

Last edited:
Hey Lisa! It's been so long I thought we'd lost you. I bet you'll get that ring -- if you are helping out in the pretzel shop you deserve it. :D

Ivy, I just dyed my hair dark -- it's a combination of "chocolate brown" and "golden chestnut" -- hubby thinks it's too dark. I use Robert Craig -- no peroxide, no ammonia, no alcohol, no stink!!

We still haven't gone to the super bowl party..... we played baseball -- boys against the parents. They were up first, and when we were up and caught up to their score, they suddenly declared it was their inning again, even though we didn't have three outs. Interesting rules!! It was fun. It's a gorgeous day here. I am wearing a Cathe tank top -- sorry for all of you stuck in the cold!!

We may try to duck out of the party early and hit costco before it closes. Figure it won't be crowded and I'm almost out of zipfizz!

Chris, sorry to hear you're feeling crappy and had a bad night at work! I hope it gets better.

-Beth

Oh, p.s. Chris, yes, I saw the STS cardio line-up -- it makes me excited, too. You're really doing those leg 1rms? Some, anyway, I guess. Don't know what to tell you. I think I'm going to have a hard time not starting right away.....

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.