January 08 Rotation Check in

Kathy36

Cathlete
Hi everyone!!

I thought I would start a check in for the January 08 rotation..

Who is with me...???

I started today with Imax 2...Great workout..Later I am going to do today's bonus burn...

Hi Kathy!

Great to see you are here.:)

I am not going on my trip after all.:-( DH went to doc and he advised that he not fly for at least 6 weeks! He should have told him that earlier so I didn't so much money shopping for the trip. Also working my butt off to get this house cleaned up before hand.

I was sooooo exhausted last night from all the rushing around and stress I knocked off at around 9PM.:( Missed the whole ringing in of the New Year.

I did get in a workout yesterday...luckily!
BodyMax 2 scrambled eggs. Phew! I did't realize what 80min of non-stop cardio was until I did this one! That was tough but fun.

I have been up this morn since 6 so now I am really tired. Not sure if I will get in a workout today or not. Feel like I need a rest day.

Checked out Cathe's Jan. rotation WOW! This ought to burn those extra calories! I will be here with you Kathy!

Have a great bonus burn!

BBL Heidi :D

Oh Heidi, sorry to hear that you have to putoff your trip. I know you were looking forward to that. Yeah, that not flying thing would have been helpful information a couple of weeks ago huh?

I am glad to hear that you will be joining me again for another rotation. It is fun to checkin with friends!!

Oh that BM2 scrambled egg premix is a tough. Well, that whole DVD is a tough one!!

Getting ready to do those bonus burns. Just got done taking down decorations and cleaning the house. At least your house is clean right?

Hubby and I stayed home last night. The kids stayed up until midnight( well Chris went to bed at 11:15, he couldn't take it anymore). Then hubby and I went to sleep too. I was so tired!!

Have a great evening..

Hi Kathy,

It is always the least expected that happens on these sort of plans.

I still have decorations to remove but other than that the house is as clean a whistle.;-)

Just finished another load of laundry for DD. She just returned from an all day last minute shopping trip. She picked up quite a few items at great prices.

Spending the rest of the night with her packing up. I ended up taking a rest this afternoon. Good thing because I have to drive her into the airport really early so there is no sense in going to bed at this point.

I didn't get in my workout today but I will make up for it tomorrow! :)

Have a good night...BBT Heidi

Hope everyone is doing well today...

Today is bootcamp for me....I did get those bonus burns in yesterday and boy is my chest sore today. All those pushups and the dips too. They were killer...

Anyway, gotta finish homeschooling the kids so I can get bootcamp done and some housework...

Hi Heidi and anyone else that joins in:

Checking in today with bootcamp and the bonus burn crunches and back lunges. My sore chest couldn't take anymore pushups and dips after bootcamp!!!

Hi Heidi & Kathy!

Just wanted to say I'm not doing the Jan. rot. this month. I'm following a GS one. I'll miss you guys, but I'll be back in Feb.

Sorry about your trip, Heidi - Huge bummer.

See you next month!

Hi Everyone,
Count me in. I love knowing what I will be doing each day. One less thing to think about. Last month I did my first Cathe rotation. I got wonderful results. For the first time in my adult life I have gone under 120 pounds. And I bought my first pair of size 6 jeans. I lost 4 pounds in December doing the December rotation and eating well.
I did Cardio Kicks today. I did the Bonus Burn right before it because I knew I would be too tired to do it afterward and didn't want to dread it for the rest of the day. The push ups and dips got me good.
Went shopping today and got a great deal on the Perfect Pushups at Target. They were 39.99 and then you get a $10 Target gift certificate. I had been looking at the ones at Wal-mart for only $19.99. But the Wal-mart ones are smaller and you have to put them together and the handles are plastic. The ones I bought are larger, come assembled, and have steel with rubber covered grips. It also came with an instructional DVD. I as so excited to finally get them. Especially since Cathe added the Bonus Burn this month.
This is the first group I have ever joined. How does this work? How often do we check in and post? Let me know.
Thanks and God bless,
Heather

Hi Heather: Welcome to our group. Glad you could join us. Wow, sounds like you got a great deal on those perfect pushups. I need help with my pushups. I saw those advertised in the weekly flyer. Have you tried them yet? The pushups and dips have been getting me too. My chest is so sore it was torture doing the cardio in bootcamp today when I had to lift my arms. Especially the jumping jacks...

We usually check in daily with our workouts. But, do what you can or want to. We would love to hear from you.

Congrats on your weight loss last month. I maintained doing the December rotation. which is good considering I didn't eat very well.

Anyway, welcome and checkin as often as you can...

Thanks for the welcome Kathy. It will be good to have this accountability. I tried out the perfect pushups tonight. I had already done 40 regular pushups this morning so it was very hard doing even a few with the perfect pushup things. I could really feel my arms and chest. I will try my best to post daily on my workouts.
Congrats to you on maintaining through December. I heard on the news that most people gain an average of 7-10 lbs over the holidays. So staying the same is great compared to gaining.
God bless,
Heather

Hi and Good Morning,

Hi Kathy: Sorry I couldn't check in yesterday. It was a long 24 hour day for me on tues. Stayed up with DD washing all her clothes she bought that day to go to Cayman. Drove her and MIL to airport to see them off at 2:30am. Returned home and crashed at 6:30am. I forgot to wake up DS and he ended up staying home from school because he was too exhausted to go too.

I am going to get my act in gear and start this rotation already! It has just been a whirl wind her due to the holidays and my DH's knee problem. I am really disappointed that we couldn't go on our trip with DD and am going to miss her terribly.:-(
When she returns she will be going back to college for the semester and working at the lab in Cambridge so again I won't be seeing much of her. I think this would have been the last time I was able to go on vacation with her and MIL together.

Hi Kate: Going to miss you too. :-( Good luck with your GS rotation. That series is great but tough. You'll be feeling the burn. }(

Hello and welcome to Heather.:) Nice to have you here with us. Your push-ups sound like you'll be feeling this one for days. How did you like the push-up mates? Did it make it easier?

I still can't do too many push-ups due to my falling and doing something to my wrist. (Should have had it X-rayed)
Planks are getting better though.

I will try to get in IMAX 1 or 2 today.

BBL Heidi :7

Heidi: So sorry you couldn't go on vacation with your daughter and MIL. Get some rest your body needs that too.

Hi Kate, hope you are having a great day!

Checking in today with Cardio Kicks!!and the bonus burn extra..

Good Morning All,
I got up bright and early to do the Bonus Burn. Instead of the 40 pushups I did the "day 1" regular push ups with the Perfect Pushups. I did 8, then 6, then 4, then 2 regular width pushups using them. You are supposed to do them within 2 minutes. Later today I will do the 8,6,4,2 sequence within 2 minutes but using the wide and then the narrow arm positions. I feel my chest and arms so much more with these and so far today I have only done 20 pushups. Hope I can get through the next two sets.
I am on my way home today from visiting friends for the last 4 days. So I will be doing Step Jump and Pump this evening. I haven't done that workout in a very long time so I am looking forward to it. I also am looking forward to weighing in tomorrow morning. I haven't weighed myself since being on vacation.
Have a great day.
God bless,
Heather

Hi all. Can I join in too? I'm a long-time Cathe user and have collected just about every one of her workouts, but have never posted here. I have the hardest time picking out a workout to do each day as I have so many :eek: (Cathe and lots others!), so I'm following Cathe's rotation this month to eliminate that problem! I did follow her August rotation and got good results. Oh, and I'm one of those who gained 7-10 pounds over the holidays x( so the January rotation looks great! So far I've done the first three days - today was Cardio Kicks and the bonus burn. I'm loving the bonus burn because I hate doing abs and usually skip them. I know, not good. Well, this is forcing me to do 200 crunches and day and I'm feeling them! The tricep dips are killer. I can do about 15 at a time and have to rest. I can only do one or two pushups on my toes - I'm hoping this will help me to do more.

Anyway, hello everyone! I look forward to checking in here and getting to know everyone. Tomorrow morning I'm planning on SJP.

Joanne

Hi Joanne.

Welcome to our check in. We love having new friends to chat with...It is great to be able to have the same workouts to talk about. I am a Cathe junkie too. I have all of her DVDs except pure strength. I haven't acquired that one yet. I am enjoying the bonus stuff too. I am not good with those dips. I have been taking them 20 at a time and alternating with the pushups. Also not good on those. I am hoping the burn will help long term!!!

Anyway, welcome!!

Welcome Joanne!

Glad to have another one that is checking in with us here too!

Ok...now I have to check my Cathe catalogue for that Cardio Kicks workout. Do I even have this one....? Can't remember if this is one of that I am missing. Is this on any other DVD listing?

Ouch! For that 7-10# gain. I am sure this cardio rotation will take care of that and more! Plus all these extra ab bonuses with help too.

}( BBL Heidi

Heidi: Cardio Kicks is on the same DVD as Circuit Max. Do you have that one? We had it on last month's rotation. Can't remember if you had that one then or not..

Hi Everyone!

Wondering if it's ok if I jump in too?

I've been doing Cathe workouts for a good year , maybe more. I have quite a few, but not all of hers. I'm lacking Especially the older ones. I love doing her rotations, I also love the feel of not having to decide what I should do for the day. Plus I'm feeling like the workouts are put together in a more effective way than I could do myself!

I started on Monday, but had to do one substitute and trade days. I did a kickbox workout the first day (Turbo Jam: Kickin Core & 20 Minute cardio). I traded that off with the Cardio kicks. and then I did IMAX 2 on Wednesday.

Today was SUPPOSED to be "Step Jump & Pump" and I was all prepared to do it! So I threw in my DVD, and about 3/4's of the way through, I'm waiting for the "Jump" part, and it's not happening! Well, I figured out I'm doing STEP BLAST! LOL!! So i finished it up, and instead of doing the bonus burn, I did all the weight work, with abs, in the afternoon.

I feel like such a dork!

I have to admit, I've yet to do the "bonus burn". I didn't have a good time to do it any of the days this week, and I did the second weight workout instead of it today.

I will definitely do it tomorrow though!

I'm *almost* looking forward to it! LOL!

So anyhow, I'm looking forward to doing this with company this time around!

~Chris

I'd like to do this also. I did the BFL 12 week challenge last three months with wonderful results. But, I am not good at staying with something too long so I need a break from it. I will do it again in about three months but no sooner. I have missed the first days of this month's rotation due to being ill.I would like to start tomorrow if I am not running fever.Otherwise I will wait until saturday to do something.Is there anyone here that has done the BFL this OCT.'07-DEC.'07?
I'm looking forward to doing this with you.It really helps me to have a support group like I did last time.
I hope to see you all tomorrow.
Veronika

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.