JAN. 09 CHECK IN !! Tues. 27 !!

ShyWolf

Cathlete
STS is shipping so I'm sure those of you who have it going your way are thrilled that you'll finally have it in your hot lil hands :p

I'll be sitting back and reading up on all the reviews. ;)

BBL for personals and to report what workout I decided to do today.

picture.php

Goodg morning everyone..

Vilma: Yes, I am waiting for STS. I didn't order right away. But, I did within a few weeks..Looking forward to seeing it...

Today's workout is the last one for the January rotation..It is Gym Style : Back,shoulder & biceps....It is snowing here today..First one of the winter in our area...

Talk to you later..

Good morning! Kathy, will you start STS as soon as you get it? I'm going to finish this CLX rotation, and I may not get it for a while anyway, since I cancelled and re-ordered very late. Have you done 1RM tests?

I did CLX push 2 this morning -- shoulders & legs. My shoulders are pretty fried -- it seems like she goes really heavy on shoulder work -- I'm worried about the possibility of injury -- so far, so good. I tacked on BM2 abs and stretch so I could get my Cathe fix. As soon as BM2 started playing, I remembered those darn side planks and balancing snow angels, which I cannot do on a good day -- certainly not after all that shoulder work! I just held a regular plank for as long as I could.

It's cold here again -- had ice on my car yesterday morning. I have a potentially sick child today and today is the day I'm supposed to help in his classroom -- we'll see how it goes!

Have a good one!

-Beth

Good morning ladies!!

Vilma, sounds like you're getting back to your 'ole self!

Kathy, it's supposed to snow here, too - can't even count which one this is for us! ;) I wonder if Cathe will do a February rotation?

Beth, do each of the Push workouts work the legs? Hope your son feels better! BM2 abs are tough.

Today I pulled out an oldie - Taebo. Well, actually it's a newer Taebo, but I think all the moves are pretty much the same! It was Taebo Ultimate. 90 minutes!! I was only planning to do an hour and then do Extreme Abs (from CLX), but he did alot of standing ab stuff, so I kept on and finished the whole thing! Nice change of pace.

I'm feeling sad I'm not getting STS! :( I know I will eventually, and I wouldn't start it for at least two months anyway. Beth, Chris and Kathy, you have to post all the details when you get it!

BBL...

Joanne

hey guys -- last night I managed to do Imax2. I had originally put in Imax3 in but my feet had a really weird pain when I went to jump (like different from before) so I stopped immediately. I moved around and thought hey, maybe I can do the first half of Imax2 and then I did all of it though halfway through the second half I was regretting it since my legs/calves/shins were having that weird shooting pain. But i'm stupid and I wanted to finish it...I was worried that this morning I would feel injury pains but nope, just period pains. Woke up with a massive headache. I'm going to drop by the school gym and perhaps visit the yoga booty ballet class but I hope I can do some kind of circuit workout when I get home. I had wanted to do High Step Challenge but between BM2 and IM2 on two consecutive days and my period, I think that may be asking too much of me. Probably something easy and fun like C&W or LIC.

Very excited for all of you getting STS!

Vilma -- how are you feeling today? Are you up to working out?

Kathy -- how cool you're going to get STS soon! I like that GS...but I think its too hard on my shoulders. But that's probably because my shoulders are really weak. I wonder what the February Rotation is going to be like!

Beth -- ice on your car? Joe was only complaining about how it was below 50 in the morning. Yeah, I can only do those balancing snow angles and planks if my shoulders aren't worked either. Sometimes, I skip the shoulder work specifically in BM2 so I can do the core work and then go back and do the shoulder work (because I need to strengthen the shoulders but I really want to try out the abs work). And I'll try to remember to write down the recipe for the yams...do you have an indian spice store near you? I imagine SF or MV has some...

Ohh...I just want to go home into bed because of my cramps...

Joanne -- Taebo! Ahhh, Billy Blanks makes me laugh and his daughter too. Joe likes him because "its simple. no freaking combos!" I'll have to think of using my old tapes to change things up a bit.

Hottie, yea, there's not too much thinking involved in Taebo! His daughter yells out "daddy!" a couple times in this one. A bit strange if you didn't know she was his daughter. ;) Be careful with your legs! I think you need to pop some Motrin and go home and climb in bed!

Hey Girls!

5.gif

I did some 1RM's today. Mostly biceps and shoulders. Some of the exercises I'm going to have to wait for the description/video of them, because, I just don't know WHAT the heck they're talking about. Like the "Seated Front Press Double Arms, 1.5" What the heck is that and what the heck is "1.5"??? , I just don't get it. There's another one that's labeled "21's". Not so sure what that means?

I did the warm-up from ME first too. gotta get me a little "Cathe" , don't ya know (I get what you mean now, Beth!). Thinking about a stretch later, maybe while I catch up on "24" I DVR'd.

Yep, snow is heading our way too. Supposed to get 8-12 inches starting very early AM tomorrow. I'm fearing a No SChool day is going to happen. Those poor boys are going to be going to school WAY into June. They are not going to be happy.

Vilma: Hey you! Wonder what you did? Are you feeling back to your ol' self yet?

Kathy: Enjoy your snow and GS!!

Joanne: TaeBo, huh? I think I had a Taebo VHS someone gave me and did it once or twice. Just not my style . He kind of creeped me out! LOL! Sorry to hear your dad isn't feeling so happy at home. The poor guy. He must hate he can't do more for himself. I hope you guys have a better day today...

Beth: Shoulders are tougher for me too. Though when I put in some of my 1RMs, comparing them to the "Cathe Nation" average, looks like maybe I'm stronger than most? Weird. I hate ice on the car! Do you guys even have scrapers in CA? LOL! :p Hope your child isn't sick. My middle guy , Alex, has a cold. It's weird, because my kids rarely get sick (knock on wood), so I thought it was his allergies. Apparently not!

Hottie: That pain in your feet and legs is disturbing! Have you seen a doctor or podiatrist about that? Seems "not normal". Not that i think you have a deadly disease, just that maybe they can give you something for it. Perhaps shoe inserts? I know you enjoy the IMAXes! Ugh on the Period pain. I still think if we had a woman president, she would give women 2 days leave a month off from work for it!

off to watch hottie Kiefer
5.gif
for an hour before the kids come home!!

Just getting home w/ oldest DD as we went to Target to hit the C9 sale lol ... she went over to the clearance racks and got some great deal on lots of clothes.

It's tough being short as even the regular fitted pants were way too long for me and it took me ages to find a small that was petite ugh. Actually I asked a sales associate if they had any in the back and sure enough they did so I picked up 3 new pants to workout in which I sorely needed as this house is too cold for shorts at the moment to workout in :p

Afterward I needed to pick up mid week groceries esp. water and I'm just now able to sit down and enjoy my baked sweet potato. It's been a productive day thus far :)

This morning I ended up doing KPC and I was determined to get through it all - which I did; followed by TBS the 1st ball segment.

I'm getting back my old groove and so thrilled about that. Thank goodness as I get very down if I can't do my 'thang'.

Kathy here's hoping you get STS by weeks end. I'm looking forward to what everyone has to say about them.

Wow you are further up north than I am and we had two days of snow here last week - as a matter of fact dd's snow person is still outside :eek:
Here's hoping the kids and you enjoy the snow :)

Beth Honestly I'm leaning more towards CLX than anything else but I'll need to wait until summer to see if I can get it.

STS I'm sure will be great for those wanting that type of program. I'm still on the fence about that one and glad I canceled until the reviews come out;)

I feel a bit left out because of all the excitement but know my decision at the time was the best one for me. So I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys honestly have to say about STS.

Joanne Yes I feel much better ~ granted dealing w/ a bit of insomnia but can't have it all.

I was wanting to know how is your mom & dad doing? I hope they are both doing as well as can be. Sending you loads of positive vibes & support.

I feel a bit left out about STS but I regard it to all the built up excitement everyone has for finally receiving them. Once the honeymoon phase is over and the reviews start pouring in from all the fitness sites I visit I will then see if its something I want.

Taebo wow! Would you believe that I still have the original VHS set of those? Yup I do hmmm I may need to take them out one day and revisit.

Hottie - GF have you seen a podiatrist yet? Please take it easy and sorry about your cramps ~ sending you hugs.

Oh yes I've worked out today and yesterday and so far so good. Thanks for asking :)

Chris good for you for getting those 1 RM in -- if I had not canceled I would have had to do my testing all over again lol as I did mine over the summer.

Good luck w/ the snow, my kids were out all of last week except for Friday. We moms need our down time & you enjoy Mr. Keifer ~ I have The Lost Boys on dvd now he was cute back then and scary lol

Later ........

picture.php

So many comments! Yes, ice on my windshield -- fairly common for us in winter, actually, because there's always a lot of moisture in the air and the temperature drops so much at night. I don't have a scraper, but my sister tells me the cap of an aerosol can works well. I have been known to heat up water, just a teeny bit, and pour it on there to clear it up. My family thinks I'm nuts and my windshield will crack.

Vilma, I would bet you'll be seeing both CLX and STS (at least parts of it) for some reduced prices after a while (well, STS may not lose value -- hard to say).

Chris, on the 1RM..... the seated front arm press 1.5, or whatever you typed, is just a seated shoulder press, I think with your arms in front of you, and the 1.5 means you lift it up all the way, go down halfway, and then go back up. I think!!! "21s" are bicep curls like 24s, only 7 instead of 8 -- that is, bottom half, top half, full curl. Don't ask me how I know these things!!!

Joanne, I had to laugh at your "Daddy" taebo comment!!

Hottie, I'll third or fourth it, and say you'd better take care of your feet and perhaps try to figure out what's going on!! I can find indian spices. There is a strip mall not far from work that looks like perhaps you've been zapped to India. Restaurants, market, video store -- all indian. There might even be a magazine kind of place. So, let's have that recipe! :)

-Beth

Ah, full group today. Came back from the gym, tried to low impact everything because of my feet and cramps. The class was pretty fun but mostly I used it as an excuse to make a complete fool out myself. Me dancing = funny for others to watch. It was annoying because the instructor's mic blew out pretty quickly into it so I couldn't hear anything. Oh, well fool making. I actually made an appointment to see someone about my feet two weeks ago but the first appointment I could get without having to pay $250 was next Thursday so I'm still waiting. I asked one of the MD's in my lab what he thought it might be and he was indicating that I may need a special insole because of the way my feet are shaped. We'll see. Dh was saying that all it may be is that I've done too much high impact and it needs a rest. *I* think I need to stop being stupid and if something hurts to STOP.

Vilma -- that's great about you getting your groove back. I hear you about getting clothes for short people. I buy almost everything capri so stuff doesn't drag to the ground and get subsequent holes in them.

Chris -- yeah, I feel pretty stupid about working through the pain. I realized afterwards that I could have just skipped the blasts that hurt (straddle taps and ski hops) but I think I get so focused on the workout, my common sense neurons are turned off! Hope you had fun with Kiefer!

Beth -- ok, ok! :) Maybe my husband already typed it up...one of his coworkers had wanted it and I'm actually pretty possessive over it but for *you* I'll send it.

I forgot we had plans tonight -- they have dineLA this week where fancy restaurants have special menus at low prices. I'm going to some special organic cafe -- we're going to have to make sure we get home early so I can change out of my grad school scrubs!

Beth, on one of our sub-zero days this winter, I got into my car parked at the train station after work. There was ice on the INSIDE of my windshield. Covering the entire thing. It was such a PIA to get off! Took me at least 15 minutes cause the angle of the windshield wasn't cooperating with my ice scraper. DH told me I breathe too much when I drive. ;)

Chris, yea, I can only take bits and piecs of Taebo. Definitely couldn't do it on a regular basis, but it was fun for a change of pace. That's what started my working out at home, so it has a bit of a special place in my heart...awww.....;) Love your dancing potato head guy! The way Beth described those exercises you asked about was what I was thinking they were. Hope you enjoyed your Kiefer fix! I've got so many shows on my DVR to watch. The kids (my fault mostly) have gotten into the habit of not going to bed till 10:00. Definitely cuts into my TV time!

Vilma, great to hear you got through KPC! Sounds like you're back! I'm feeling a bit left out over STS too! Maybe we can do it together when we both finally succumb!

Hottie, yes, you need to be careful with the foot/legs, but I have to admit, I push through when things are hurting too when I know I shouldn't, so I can't throw stones! It could be something with your shoes - maybe some kind of insert would help. Do you stand alot at work? Have fun at dinner!

Things with the folks are going so-so. The caretaker is great. My dad is just so depressed. He's running my mom ragged, too. I was over yesterday and he didn't even want the TV on cause he said he couldn't see it. He's needed a new eyeglass prescription for years, but it hasn't been a priority. We also suspect he has cataracts. I felt so bad that he couldn't even enjoy something as simple as watching TV, so I came home and told DH and we made him an eye appt. at our doctor. We're going to take him Monday. I told my mom and she said he'll be thrilled to get new glasses and be able to see! So, that made me feel good at least. Right now he's also suffering from c-diff. Chris, are you familiar with that? It's some type of intestinal infection that I guess is pretty common in hospitals and nursing homes.

Almost time to go home....

Joanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.