I'm Really Not Sure What I HATE - Oct 19

August

Cathlete
Okay. I did MM.

Janjan, sorry it took me so long to get a report to you on this. ;)

Here are my thoughts - there are very little rest periods between each exercise, so when you're not doing reps, you're running around getting your next weights ready. There are a few exercises here that are not in other weight workout I have, and I liked them - these include some band leg work (this is actually probably in other workouts), a move where you lift a barbell straight in front of you and then towards your chest, and a core exercise where you lift your entire lower half off the ground (which is actually probably in Core Max, come to think of it). Oh, and the band part for your triceps made me move like a robot out of batteries. LOL.

When I finished the workout, I felt good. :)

While I was doing the workout, I thought, "Man, I think I hate total body weight workouts." :)

Anyway, it's done. And so is my smoothie! :9

We had another earthquake yesterday morning which woke me at 8:30am. Why are those things always in the morning, anyway? x(

So how you others doing?

Michele - Did your DH get to the airport with digital camera in hand?

Diane - Were you successful at turning off the TV at 10pm?

Kate - Is your dog annoyed by the beeping?

Dana - How are you doing? We miss you!

Jana - I can't wait to hear more about your Activia experience!

Ellen - How's the new house?

Oh, P.S. I did Part 2 of Sweet Potato Baking today. They got done, I just hope they aren't dry...:-(

Good morning August and all,

I missed you guys yesterday but I loved the thread title--today's title is pretty good, too:D .

DH has landed safely in Rome. He called me around 5AM to let me know he'd arrived then I promptly fell back to sleep and didn't get up until after 9AM:eek: . If it wasn't for my poor starving kitty I might have slept in even longerx( . Kitty was bound and determined to drag my sorry butt out of bed. As for my commitment to start 5FF again on Monday...well...um...er...a...how about if I start today instead:eek: :D . I've been sooooo busy I just couldn't squeeze it in. Okay, I could've squeezed it in but I didn'thave the mental focus to do it. I've been sleep deprived for about a week and too friggin tired to hoist weights and hop on Eli. And lets not discuss eating, which hasn't been horrible but it could be better. Today is a new day, right?

August, is MM MuscleMax? I don't think I have that one, but Power Hour about killed me the last time I did it. I agree--total body workouts are overwhelming. I don't like to spend that much time on a workout and always opt for a shorter premix. Even then there's a dread factor. Have you tried pausing the DVD to give yourself a longer break? I do that all the time--I can't keep pace with Cathe. --Yikes! another earthquake! Please be safe. I'm sorry your computer is giving you fits. That just sucks!

Diane, did you watch PR last night? What did you think about it. I was really disappointed in the winner. What were the judges thinking!?!?!? I had never watched the show prior to this season and I don't think I'm going to tune into teh 4th season. I agree with you--it's time to turn off the TV at night and I really don't need another TV addiction on top of CSI and the Dog Whisperer.

Kate, I'm so sorry to hear about your computer/internet woes. Who's your internet provider? I have RR and I've never had any major problems. I can usually resolve any issues by rebooting the system. Like anything, it has it's frustrating moments, but I've never ended up with rats after a service call:eek: :eek: :eek: . Good luck with that.

Ellen, Dana, Janjan--how's it going!?

Okay, I must accomplish something of value today. I really MUST!:*

Good Morning Ladies -

Today is going to be a good day, I can just feel it. All of the partners are out of the office today at the annual partners meeting in San Antonio, so all the associates are free to play today }( Some of my girlfriend and I are going to a long lunch today (Jana - I think we are going to a place called Glass Wall in the Heights, I think it is new). And I will leave early today and I WILL do a workout.

Last night I turned the tv off promptly at 10, then took my bath and read...and then...well...I painted my fingernails :( So I still went to bed at midnight because my fingernails had to dry. I have gotten really good at doing my own manicure, so I have been kinda obsessed with keeping my nails up lately. It takes a lot of time.

As for Project Runway, I was VERY disappointed that Uli didn't win. I loved her collection, and Heidi was right, I actually wanted to wear her clothes. Jeffrey's collection was so....ugly. I know that is his aesthetic, but I hate it. I liked Laura's okay, but wasn't enough to win. I was so very disappointed with Michael. I loved him throughout the whole show, but at some point at the end of the show his taste level faultered and he never recovered. His new style is just plain hoochie and I don't like it. Hopefully he can rewatch the show and see what the judges liked in the beginning and stick with that.

I'm off to beddie bye but wanted to check in and say hi.

Michele - That's good to hear that your DH arrived safely in Rome. You've been so busy with soooo many things, of course we won't be on your butt about starting off your 5FF today! And soooooo what's on your 5FF agenda :D ? Oh, hey, I just remembered that I had forgotten and wanted to mention about HIIT. I think you're right and I must be doing something wrong. You and Sean make it sound so easy. Yes, MM is Muscle Max. Oh yeah, I actually HAVE to pause the dang thing because it takes me forever to fumble with my barbell putting on and off plates! It drives me nuts! That must be why I never pull out my Pyramids ;) .

Diane - LOL, you gave yourself a manicure after turning off your TV :eek: ?! Too cute. But hey, you kept your promise to turn the TV off, right? Which is more than I can say right now being that I'm totally sleepy and still using my computer near 1am.

Okay. I'm off. To sleep, that is. :)

Nighty night, August. It's time to shut down your computer and go to sleep:* :*

Oh my, I just remembered that I promised to give you an example of HIIT with Cardio Coach. I'll get to it, I swear, sometime in the next day or two.

Diane, maybe it's because I'm over 50, but I loved Laura's collection and I think she deserved to win. She pays so much attention to every little detail and her work is superb. I liked Uli's stuff, but I look terrible in flowy type clothing. I think you'd have to be 6 feet tall and anorexic to wear her stuff. Jeffery's stuff is just ugly and I think he should've been auffed a long time ago.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.