I Hate to Love Cardio - Sept 16

August

Cathlete
Hi all!

You know, I used to love staying at hotels, and recently for some reason they've started to give me heebie jeebies.

But that's besides the point.

Dana, you came to visit! HI!

That's great that you found the WW Flex Program! What is the flex part? And loved your ideas for the Wellness Community. Congratulations on raising a ton of money!

Oh gawd, no, no, not a yogurt diet. Though come to think of it, Kate did say she was losing weight just by adding the stuff into her daily diet, eh? I'm taking the Activia Challenge - which really means nothing but my buying their product for 14 days and eating one a day to fill up my stomach with good bacteria and seeing if it does anything, in my case, for bloat. I'm hoping it's not some kind of marketing ploy. Maybe there's something in it that causes you to become addicted when eating it for over 13 days LOL. I'll tell you if that happens, too.

On that note, I've got another hour to kill at this hotel before checkout and group lunch. I feel like I didn't get much sleep tonight, but will attempt to do some cardio when I get home this evening. But I won't hold my breath. Maybe I'll leave it for tomorrow in lieu of stretch, after I clean my sink.

Or maybe I'll take a nap now. Yeah, that sounds good.

Morning August and everyone else.

I agree w/you Aug, I'm not to into staying at hotels. I prefer getting a good night's sleep in my own bed. Not that I won't stay in a hotel though.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought you were only gonna eat yogurt. I love yogurt but I couldn't survive on that alone. How does the Activia taste compared to regular yogurt?

Also, for the Flex plan, according to my weight, I would eat 22 points a day and also could eat activity points. I"m figuring 2 more points a day for the activity points? Then you get 35 additional points to use whenever that week. You could divide them up and use them or use all 35 (plus the 22 you would normally get) in one day. Say on the weekend. I"m going to start it on Monday but I am NOT weighing myself until October 1st. That way I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed, ya know?

So what is everyone up to today? My DH went away for the day to watch a race so it is just me and the kids. In a bit I have to go to the bank and drop off that money for the Heart Association. Then Gabe has a soccer game at noon. DH left us some money so I'm gonna take them for lunch and see what else we can come up with to do.

Diane - thanks for the suggestions for the "Biggest Loser". I"m hoping that it gets voted as a "yes".

Hi Michele, Jana & Kate!:)

Have a great Saturday ladies!

Hi there, I'm back at home now. I just realized I made the title I Hate to Love Cardio twice in row. Sorry about that - I'm not going to make that a habit LOL. It was just in my computer that way...I didn't write it that way to rub it in, of course :7 , the loving part, that is.

Hey, Dana! It's great to "read" you again so soon! Oh gosh, I can't imagine eating only yogurt all day. Now that would certainly be a cleanse for the worse :* !

I'm not too familiar with WW, but I've heard about the point system. It kind of sounds fun. Kind of like a game where you keep score of how many points you get! I agree with you about the weighing thing. After coming back from the States I didn't weigh myself and started up my endurance plan, was feeling great and felt like my torso was getting a little tighter, then I weighed myself and found that my body fat and muscle weight had both gone up some and then got all confused again. I'm thinking to lay off the scale for a while and just see how it goes. What really counts is how you feel, after all, right?

Anyway, got back home tonight and took out my easy Christi step...but today I....drum roll, please...used all my steps! (Two on each side.) Wow, it totally changed the workout, but it was a lot of fun and I worked up a lot of sweat (yep, still validating it in the mirror with happy disbelief).

Oh, oh, and on my way home, I stopped off at the convenience store and bought ALL the Activia they had LOL. So now I'm stocked for the two weeks. I'm sure the register guy was wondering what the heck I was doing with all that yogurt! :D

Hey girlies!

Well starting to feel better! Yeah! I think DD may be on the road to recovery with the ear infection as well. She ate all her breakfast today, she has not been eating hardly any food for the past week so this is a good sign. My poor DH is now feeling as bad as I was feeling this week so I think he has the yuck now. I don't feel 100% better, but on the road about 70% better. Got about 7 hours of sleep which is good.

HEY DANA!!! Yeah good to see you again! Personally I LOVE WW. I did good with it, but got real mad at them because they told me I could not weigh less that 150 (I am 5'11" and normally weigh between 140-145) so when I lost more than 150 I got kicked out. It was really stupid....but I know for a fact the program really works. I think you are going to do really well with it. I will be sending you some good vibes! How are the boys? DD has been sick with her first ear infection this week and I cannot even being to tell you about the first week of work and how much hell it was. Talk about everything going wrong! I do really like my job so it has its advantages and I cannot lie they pay me quite well so hopefully I will be able to get a new car soon and pay off all my debt. Oh, and yes, GWAD don't get me started on trying to find time for everything. I have no idea how this is all going to work out. I know for sure we will be getting a maid real soon. I think I may try to squeeze a workout in real early in the AM (depending on DD sleeping) or at lunch. I have a 1-1.5 hour drive every morning to get 29 miles. Traffic is a bi*ch in the am here and I live so freggin far out in the burbs it really sucks. I explained to DH we will be moving with in the next year. He just rolled his eyes at me, but we honestly have no reason to live in the burbs.

August-ok so I am with you on the activia. This is day 2 for me, not that I had problems, well I did last week but it was due to the med's but why I am on it is because the boggers are supposed to help your immune system as well. So, with all the changes taking place in my life right now I am trying to get it all straight. You are a cardio nut, I don't know what to say........it must be the activia. :p :p

Diane-Ok so Macy's is having this thing where if you donate $5 to a charity you will get a 15% coupon off today only. I have had my eye on 2 pairs of shoes so you know where you will find me today! It's today only so you might want to check it out! What are you up to this weekend? It is so muggy...uhhhhh......yuck!

Michele-How is the turkey jerky? I can't wait for it! Let me guess you are still in luv with your cardio coach? When I get better I am going to check this out. I am interested in this.

Kate! Kate where are you??? Who do you want to win on PR? I have had 0 time to watch it, but I want Michael.

Sorry to be so long guys, I had some time today. I am sooooo far behind on school stuff so with that said I am off to fix it.

I will check back in later!

janjan

DANA!!! And 2 days in a row!!:) I'm so happy to see you. I've thought about you a lot. Hey, good luck on the WW plan. Have you looked at the WW thread here in the check-in forum? You should. Amy, who also posts in the <--- thread, has had tremendous success with WW. I don't understand quite how the point system works but I know Amy figured out after some trial and error that she actually earned way more points for her Cathe w/o's than the norm. --I love your Biggest Loser idea and Diane's suggestions, too. That actually sounds like a lot of fun and very motivating. Is that woman in your office participating? --Kudos to you for your AHA work!

August, no apologly necessary. I love the title of the thread but you are dancing on the edge, my friend--lol! --I'm waiting for headlines about a severe shortage of yogurt in Tokyo. --I keep reading about your workout and I cannot figure out what in the he!! you are talking about when you say you used "all of your steps...2 on each side". What is THAT? You are using 4 step benches for some maniacal cardio blast? Maybe I don't even want to know what you are doing. It might give me nightmares.:eek: :7

Janjan, I'm so glad you're feeling better but I worry about you. A new job, a DD, a house in the burbs far away from the job, and you're still in school. That's too much--way too much. And lets not forget that you're still rehabing that knee. You better take care of yourself. I think you're really pushing it. Be careful, okay? --I'll mail out the turkey jerky Monday;)

Diane, I don't know what yogurt you use but I usually buy Dannon, the one that's fat and sugar free. I think it's sweetened with aspartame. I kind of go in spurts with yogurt. I haven't eaten any in a couple of months but I'm sure I'll start eating it again. I like to use it in certain recipes, too.

Dana, you asked about my elliptical, or Eli, as we call him:+ Yes, I'm still using it and I love it. Using Cardio Coach has made a big difference for me. It's very motivating and makes the time fly by. I've seen a difference in my abs, rear end, and thighs just from using the elliptical. I highly recommend Cardio coach and/or iTrain (but I like CC a little better).

Okay, I won't be back today. DH is home this weekend and we have things to do. I'll stop by tomorrow for a sec. I think we need to say a little prayer for Kate or send ~~~vibes~~~ or something. I'm kind of worried about her. I don't think she's feeling well.

Kate, you're in my thoughts and prayers. If I can do something for you please email me. :*

Bhahahahaa! Goes to show you how new I am to Step. I mean RISERS! I used all my RISERS! I'd been using just the step "lid" part, but tonight I tried a step workout using the lid and all the risers, so there were two on each side. :D :D :D Woo, my heartrate monitor was screaming out at me!

Heheh, you "go in spurts with yogurt" sounds funnnny. :*

Janjan - So glad you and DD are feeling better! I'm sending good vibes out for your DH! I can't wait to hear how the Activia goes with you. My fridge is packed. I can only find plain and prune in Japan. Do you like the taste?

Yeah, I've been thinking a lot about Kate, too. Is there anything I could do from Japan for ya? Please come back and just say hi soon. We sure do miss you.

I slept all the way back on the plane...and now it's midnight and I'm wide awake. x(

I couldn't resist the temptation to come back for just one minute to say PRUNE YOGURT!!!!!! OMG!!! I just don't even want to know what that looks like--lol! Although, I do like prunes.

I cannot use risers. I trip all over the place and it sends my HR through the roof. I go right into the anaerobic phase and stay there. Also, it does bad things to my hip. The bench alone sends my HR soaring. I haven't used my step since Eli came into my life :+ .

I was actually thinking about doing Cathe's Basic Step today just to break it up. I think my DH is going to do the 5-Factor Fitness thing with me. I'll just have to beat hinm with a dumbell if he doesn't. :p

Lullabye, and good night
with roses bedight
with lilies o'erspread
is August's wee bed.
Lay thee down now and rest;
may thy slumber be blest.
Lay thee down now and rest;
may thy slumber be blest. :*

Prune.....yeah that ought to get the plumbing working all right, boy, oh boy, I don't think I could do that one!

We have strawberry and some other kinds, I only like the strawberry. The taste does not bug me, does not taste that bad at all. I do like plain with my own stuff put in it, but this is an experiment so I am testing it out. If it does not work, then back to the other stuff.

Michele, you are too sweet! That was nice of you to say some words for August so she could sleep! Too Sweet!!! I am actually ok with things, just have to find my groove. My knee rehab has taken a back seat right now, yeah, yeah I know, but what can I do? We are getting a new maid so that will help with the house cleaning. School is not that hard right now and I can do it between 8:30-9:30 at night. As long as I am in bed by 9:30-10:00 everything should be ok. Should be able to get a workout in at the gym during lunch 3 days a week too. Just have to have time management. Staying home was a lot easier that is for sure!

Kate, Oh my Kate, I am now worried about you too, I hope you are ok. I am thinking about you! Please check in when you can!

Diane....where are you???

Off to Macy's!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, is that sweet lullaby for me? :) :) :) That made me so happy!

Is that sung to the Lullaby Song? I can't get the melody to fit those lyrics. Is that the Michele Lullaby? :)

Yeah, prune yogurt. I know it sounds wacky. But it's yum yum in the tum tum. I thought it was going to taste syrupy, but it's really nice! I love prunes, too. It doesn't look that bad, either. Hmm. It's not the greatest color still.

Oh yeah, the risers totally made my heartrate rocket up there. I guess it's good to have one of those high heartrate days a week, isn't that right? Well, if it is, mine's done. :D

That's great that your DH might try out 5 with you. Sooooo, you gonna do Basic Step?

I'm going to be singing the lullaby to myself from now in hopes it will bring me to SlumberLand. Thank you!

Off to Macy's---wait for me!1
I am back, but boy am I behind. I have no idea what it going on so I am going to read up today. Wish me luck. I hate the bladder. I think future generations should get by with something else. Maybe I should ask Cathe and see what the Brog do. Cathe is a trekkie!!! We just had a convention here, I wonder if she knows.......

I'll be by later after I some reading. Lie, that is a lie...I have to catch up with Diane!!!!

Yeah, I'm still awake.

That IS Brahm's Lullaby? Well then the lyrics aren't constructed properly. :-( ;) }( :*

But I still love that you lulled me! :D :D :D

I just finished making some charts for some appliances my mom is having trouble figuring out. Why on earth can't a company make cool appliances with buttons that are easy to see and use?! Anyway, I hope my mom will be able to use the machinery now with my dorky easy-to-see charts. I'm still working on the kittens. :D

But wait! KATE is BACK!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!

We missed you! By the sounds of your post you're feeling better. That's great!! Don't you ever go away for that long ever again!!! }(

Jana - I'll bet the strawberry is good. You know, I might be jumping the gun but........I think I was less bloaty this evening. But one other thing - I didn't eat any sweet potato or barley today. :7

Urgh, off to bed I go. Whether I sleep, nobody knows...

Okayyyyyyyyyy, so I had a really good 30-minute nap. x( x( x(

It's 3:50am, guys. What cha'll doing?

OMG August, you're still awake???? Geeze I wish I had your energy.

OK, so here I was picturing this: August had 4 steps and was in the middle and had the 4 steps boxing her in and she's doing some insane workout!!!! Seriously though, I thought you were doing one of those workouts where you really do use 2 steps - I think it is called double step or something like that. I don't know.

Jana: wow, that is a long drive to work. When I used to work for Pa Dept of Pub Welfare, I commuted 72 miles one way and it only took about an hour and ten minutes. I can't imagine it taking that long to go only 29 miles. Yikes! I'll keep my fingers crossed that Marley stays healthy. Gannon got sick after his first week in daycare and I was off for a week taking care of him. He had RSV and his breathing has not been the same since. That was during the winter though so Marley has time to build up some immunity I hope.

I did WW a few years ago and I lost 30lbs in only 3 months. I kept is all off until about 3 months prior to getting pregnant with Gannon. So I"m hoping that I have success this time. The only thing that I don't care for is writing everything down but oh well. I can't believe that Jana got kicked out of WW. That is too funny.

Michele - I doubt that my co-worker will join in the weight loss contest. She seems to be content being 400+ lbs. Although she did lie to me. She told me that she was this big all her life BUT my boss had worked with her about 10 years ago and said she has gained roughly 150lbs in the last 10 years.

It is about 4:00 here. I was cleaning up the place but tired of that! We're leaving here in about 40 minutes to go and pick up my mom. She said she would watch Gannon tomorrow but she was planning on going to the mall. So we are on our way there. Gabe is doing the heart walk with my group and then we are going to ride roller coasters afterwards. The walk is a 3-mile walk in our local amusement park. Plus you get a free meal too! Pizza or hoagie, chips or fruit, a drink and a dessert. YUM!

I better get going. I have got one cranky baby here. If I don't check in tomorrow I'll try on Monday evening to let you know how my first day of WW went.

Later gators!

Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhh, stillllllllllllllllllllllll awake. x( x( x( x( x( x( x(

And I broke down and had another yogurt 'cause I got hungry. :9 I just hope those friendly bacteria don't gang up on me. :eek: :7

You guys are so funny about my using all those steps and stuff! LMAO!

Okay, now I'm really gonna try to sleep. Have a great walk!

Night night!

5:20am ;(

HI Ladies - I am late checking in today. I feel like I have totally messed up on my diet the past few days. I need to get it together!! I have to get back to work here in a minute (did I mention I hate my job??) but wanted to stop in and say hi. DH's parents came by today and the kittens were so shy. It was really funny they were all scared of new people. I thought they had gotten over that.

Jana - did you get your shoes at Macys? I wish I would have checked in earlier, I need to buy a few things. Too late for me to go to the mall today, I need to work and make dinner.

I got my shoes and a new outfit for DD. It is really cute. I am soooo happy I got my shoes. They are the leopard print Steve Madden flats. Yes, I know they sound crazy, but they go great with brown pants and jeans. I am soooo happy!

Jana - I know exactly what flats you are talking about and they are so cute. I really want so new flats too, but I was thinking of a fun metallic color.

I know I almost got those too! And...Uhhh...they had a great new pair of Puma's I almost bought. If DH was not with me, they would be sitting in my closet now! I forgot to tell you guys I get a sign-on bonus over the next 4 months for working for this company. I did not think I was getting the first until October, but I found out I am getting one this month! yeah!!!
I also think DH is realizing we are going to need to move in about 1 year too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.