I Hate Cardio - Sept. 8th

dianet

Cathlete
Hi Ladies - I wanted to post the results of my first week on Five Factor Fitness. I lost 2 pounds and 1% body fat! That is a lot for me because I really only wanted to go down about 3 pounds and maybe 2% body fat. I wish I would have taken my measurements because I definitely feel smaller.

Also, another update, I think DH and I decided not to move to Abilene. He talked to his parents last night who were bringing out all the possible negatives of this job (mainly, if he doesn't end up liking it, it would be so hard to move somewhere else from there). Of course I said the same thing the other day, but he really listens to what his parents say. He is still going to think about it over the weekend but I think the decision is no for now. It is just not good timing. We still have about $35,000 of debt we planned to pay off and wanting to save a big chunk of money before having a baby.

Just a minute here! DANA!! What's this about not coming to say hi to us because you don't have an exercise to report?! Dana!! We love to hear from you and we miss you an awful lot. You don't have to be doing squat! You have nothing to explain. And the only big, flat blob around here is the stuff that's in my pot that Michele tells me is my cooked pearl barley.

So you tried out a method and found that that method wasn't working for you. Frustrating as all anything, but, like I read in BFFM way back when, you've succeeded at finding that BFL wasn't your bill. So good for you for giving it your best! I also followed BFFM to the best of my ability, measuring out every friggen thing that went into my mouth...and what does Tanita tell me I've lost? Zilch. But I feel a lot better about my body, and I also have a much better grasp on what foods are good for me to eat. I'm taking a break from writing down and measuring all my foods for now, too. I'm guessing I felt like I was giving it my 100%, but maybe I wasn't. Who knows. Maybe I'll try it again later. Or maybe I'll try something else. Or maybe I'll try a different version of BFFM. Give yourself the break you need, play with us, and when you feel inspired to give BFL or something else a go, TELL ME ABOUT IT SO I CAN, TOO!! :) :) No, just kidding (sort of ;) ). We're here backing you up! :)

On that note, Diane, we hate you. :+ No, no, of course, I'm totally kidding!! That's totally AWESOME that you were able to lose 1% body fat! Cheers to you! What on earth is the Factor 5 plan you're following? How do you decide what to eat? TELL TELL!! }( :D

Today I did my Christi and was lovin it. I'm so good at it now! Me! Dancing my @ss off! Never thought that would ever happen. Oh yeah, Michele, I do like my Basic Step. Have you ever tried Gin Miller's Simply Step? It's a total no-brainer and the hour whips on by. You should try it out!

Hey, Jana, have you had to stop your beloved Turbo Jam for a bit?

Kate, stop putting so much time into your children and come post immediately!! :p

Hi Dana! I just checked the post from yesterday and I'm sorry that you are in a funk right now. I agree that maybe you are just not eating enough with all the working out that you were doing. Are you ever really hungry during the day? I have to add a little extra snack than the diet I am on calls for almost every day because I just don't think the body should ever be starving. I just make sure the extra snack is still clean. Also, are you getting enough sleep and rest? Sometimes stress can make it hard to lose weight. I am sorry that you are disappointed with your results, but maybe that was just not the right program for you and your body. What works for some doesn't work for others.

Ok so far I am off schedule today big time....must get back on it.
I am having panic attacks with the thoughts of starting work on Monday and freaking out big time. I am loosing my head.

August-I have had to give up my beloved Turbo jam for a while due to the knee once again. I am trying to be kind to it and let the PT work on it. It is sllllooooowwwwwwllllllyyyyyy starting to feel a bit better, but it needs to get better sooner. It is going to be at least 3-4 more months before I start to feel anywhere normal again if I am lucky and quit flaring it up. Yeah fun. I feel like a big ol' blob!

Diane-football? Huh, girl turn on the baseball game! much better fun!

Michele-Where oh where are you?

Kate-MIA???

Ok, got to go and get in motion here, only 6 more hours before I pick up DD. I broke down and got her at 3 yesterday. I missed my little bugger so much yesterday.

BBL

Jana - Aww, that is so cute that you picked up your DD early. I'm sure it will be really hard at first to go back to work, but eventually you will get in the swing of thing. And you are obviously doing this all for your DD, so just think of it that way.

Good morning!!

I sure hope Dana checks in to see how much we love her! August--very inspiring words, I must say. I think maybe you could do the next Cardio Coach audio workout. Seriously--you could be a motivational speaker.

Back to Dana--I've never been able to follow a specific plan. I read lots and lots of material on diet and exercise and then make up my own plan. Basically what it boils down to is like what August said; you try, you give yourself a pat on the back for sticking with it, then move on to the next thing if what you were doing didn't work for you. And lets not forget about the health benefits you ARE getting just by eating clean and exercising. There is VALUE in that alone. Hang in there with the rest of us poor slobs, okay. We NEED each other.

August, I've never done a Gin Miller workout. I think I bought one of her step tapes like 10 or 12 years ago but never did it. I remember previewing it and not liking the routine or the set so I put it away somewhere and never looked at it again. Maybe I should take a 2nd look at her. Right now I'm completely enthralled with Cardio Coach and my elliptical trainer. :D :+

Diane--WOO HOO!! Way to go!! Unfortunately, I will now have to join August on the "I hate Diane" bandwagon--lol! Just kidding. I'm really proud of you and I know what a hard time you've had finding a way to incorporate good food and a workout into your daily schedule. It looks like you've found something that really works for you and I'm very happy for you.

Janjan, I just can't say enough how sorry I am about your knee. This thing has really become a long, drawn out nightmare, hasn't it? {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for you and I wish I had some magic trick for you. I wish you well on your new job, too. I'd be nervous, too. It's hard to go back to work after an extended time off but I'm sure everything will fall into place very quickly.

Katiepoopoo, come and play!

Wow, soon this thread will be I Hate Diane, not I Hate Cardio! We will see what the long term results are, it has only been a week. I just needed a program to focus on and this one is simple and easy and doesn't require a lot of time. I think after a month or so I will go back to Cathe for workouts once I build up some more strength and get back into the habit of working out, but for now these quick workouts are working for me.

Diane, I hope you realize that I was just teasing you. I'm genuinely happy for you. You have been down and out for a long time, trying to get back on track and I'm thrilled that this is doing it for you. I've been looking in stores for that book but haven't found a copy yet. I may have to order it from Amazon.

But I would like to see a "Diane Loves Cardio" thread--lol!

Considering I have only done about 10 minutes of cardio a day this week and that cardio was walking, I don't think we can make it "Diane Loves Cardio" just yet.

Ok, well Diane, I don't hate you! I think it is great to see the results! yeah! Big pat on the back!!! yeah!!

Ok, I have got a issue with a friend of mine. She is a super friend of mine who lives in another city in TX. Since I have moved back from where she lives I have not seen her unless I go and visit. 2 years ago she had a baby boy and I went to stay the whole week with her for her shower and busted my behind with her for her shower, and spent a great deal of $$. Well, since she had her son I am lucky if she ever calls me at all, I always have to call her. Every now and then she will call me back, etc. She did not come to my shower, have some lame excuse nor did she buy me a gift, which I could care less about, but still you see my point.

So, now she has decided she is going to sell Mary Kay makeup and is trying to get me to sign up under her to sell it to. Ok, let me state for the record, I don't like Mary Kay at all, it breaks my face out and I relate it to old people (no offense to anyone, not calling anyone etc, just trying to get my point across). Well, she is now calling me almost everyday pushing me to sign up to sell it saying how much money I will make, etc, etc, she swears she is going to make 250K this year selling it.

She kept me on the phone trying to swindle money out of me after I told her I a). did not have any extra money right now, that is why I am going back to work...she said "put it on a credit card". I told her b). my credit cards are maxed out (they aren't but you get my point) she said "yeah mine are too, but I opended up a Mary Kay credit card". Ok, long story short you see where I am going here, she won't take NO for an answer. What do I do??? Sugguestions???

Jana - Wow, that sounds like a hard situation with your friend. First of all, some people are just not as good at keeping up with friends out of town, and I am one of those people. Most of my closest friends live out of state, and I try to email them and call them once a month but tend to forget. And they sometimes forget to email me back. But I know and they know that it is just because we are all busy (some of them in med school or something similar) and there are no hard feelings. However, there are some people that are just, well...selfish...and don't return calls or go to things just because they don't think about other people. I am not sure which one of these your friend is, but it sounds like you feel like it might be the latter. If you don't want to sell Mary Kay then don't do it. You have already given her very valid reasons, so no reason to keep explaining yourself. If she is encouraging you to put it on your credit card, she is obviuosly not looking out for your best interests. You will just have to tell her that you are don't want to do it, and that you have made up your mind so lets just talk about something else. If she doesn't want to talk about something else, then why even bother worrying about her anymore. Wow that was kinda harsh, but sounds like she need it.

Actually..I needed to hear that from someone! You are 100% right. I don't think she means to not call me back or keep up with me most of the time, I know she is busy with her son and work, etc, etc, so I never really get upset about that. I think I am more upset that she is all the sudden calling me all the time to push Mary Kay on me. It was funny, I tried to change the subject and she all the sudden had to get off the phone, I was like well ok, if that is how it is going to be then ok.

Granted I am a sales woman at heart, I can sell anything as long as I believe in the product, and I know Mary Kay does not work for me, so I could not sell it. Know what I mean?

Jana, I wouldn't even bother to answer the phone when she calls. I might even say to her, "Ya know, you haven't called me in ages but now that you're trying to recruit me to sell Mary Kay, you're calling me everyday. What's up with that?". That's what I would say. It sounds to me like she's just using you. I know that sounds mean but that's what I think. I wouldn't take her crap.

You guys, I have been all over the place looking for that 5 Factor Fitness book and I can't find it ANYWHERE. Diane, where did you get it?

I got mine and B&N. I have been emailing my mom just now and she started the using the book this week! I am so excited for her. She is not following it perfectly, but at least she is trying and I am trying not to be to pushy or critical. I am bad at that. And she is using the Leslie Sansome dvds I gave her for the cardio part :) I really hope she sticks to it so that she can see some real results. She is also feeding my step dad health food for breakfast and dinner, so at least that is better than what he had before. Who knows what he eats during the day, but at least it is a start.

Hey Michele-I also got mine at Barnes and Noble. If you cannot find it there, it is on Amazon.com.
I did call my local B&N to have them check for it before I went shopping there.

Thanks Diane and Jana. I've checked B&N, Borders, Half Price Books, and a few other places and no one has it in stock. I'll probably go ahead and order it from Amazon. I want some travel books for Italy anyway so I'll just order them all at the same time.

Diane, that's great about your mom and step dad following the plan. The Leslie Sansone stuff was a great idea for them, too, by the way. Her workouts are very easy but they can get monotonous after awhile. I'll keep them in my prayers.

I made a big pot of lentil soup the other night and I'll probably eat that all weekend. I have some turkey and plenty of salad fixings, too, so I'm planning on a weekend of clean, healthy eating.

August--what are you up to today? I think it's going on 9AM in Tokyo right now. I'm so relieved you like Basic Step. I would feel terrible if you got that based on my recommendation and then didn't like it.

Katie--where are you?

I'm going to heat up a bowl of soup and relax in front of the TV. WNTW is on tonight and that's my favorite show. I adore Stacy and Clinton:+. My DH left for Maine today. He's spending the weekend with his dear friend and mentor and he won't be home until Monday evening :-( . I'm going to use the time to eat right and workout.

Morning!

Diane - Thanks again for the link. What with Halle Berry behind it, this must be the new, hot thing, eh? I can't believe there's nothing about it when you search posts on Cathe! By the way I also just wanted to tell you again that I definitely was just joking earlier. I really do think it's fantastic that you've found a plan that seems to be doing its thing for you! Very motivating! How great that your Mom is doing it, too. Good for you guys! It's totally making me want to get the book. Is the book mostly recipes and exercise drills?

Janjan - Did you know that what the body feels during panic is the same as what it feels during excitement, and that the only difference is the brain's way of interpreting it? So you're definitely excited about your Monday fresh start! It's going to be awesome. I'll bet you feel inspiration coming at you from all sides. Have a blast! (It doesn't have to be one from Kickmax LOL.) Hey, so do you like the 5 Factor thing?

Michele - I wonder what Gin Miller workout you bought? Simply Step is the first one I've ever tried of hers, and I really like it. It's about an hour long and feels like 30 minutes. I can put my body on auto and I just robot my way through the thing (geez, that doesn't sound very fun, LOL, but it really is fun and sweaty). No thinking, no foot-figuring. And she's a fairly wacky woman - luckily not in an annoying way (at least not to me). Okay, after I write my Magical Green Beans and Barley book, the follow-up will be Mystical Motivation. But I'll need your assistance from the good vibes and positivity that you always bring to your posts......Ooh, I was just about to post this and found you'd posted! Yes, it's nearing 9am here. And I do love my Basic Step. Thanks for recommending it! Mmm, I love lentils...

Anyway, I'm digesting my oats and am getting ready to do my Jari Love. Maybe I'll even throw in a Basic Step later on in the day. Woo hoo!

Hey August! I am getting ready to go full force with the 5 factor next week. This week was just bad for me, I was stressed and a wreck all week with everything. Hit the comfort a little too much. It was not a pretty sight and I feel like a whale right now. TTOM killed me as well. I know once I get back into a groove I will be ok, but right now I am just nutty.
Thanks for the words of wisdom there, makes me feel better! Its all such a big change and I am just beside myself.

Moving right along...how are doing with Jari Love? You are starting to become a workout nut! How about a break down of your fav's, just list 2 for each catagory, 2 cardio, 2 strength, 2 abs, etc

I tell you what, how about everyone make a small list of their fav's. Limit the list to only 2 per cat as stated above. What do you guys say?

BTW-Michele, I am coming over for some soup and salad! Got enough for me???

Ok, back to school crap..I am still here, just multi-tasking

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.