HATE - May 12

August

Cathlete
Good morning! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0120.gif

I'm up, ready and sportin' to go!

I'm digesting my smoothie after having finished both sections of Tamilee's I Want Those Arms, followed by one section of 10-min Cardio Solutions.

I feel good! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0163.gif

MICHELE -

>DH's mom is out of town attending her 50th medical school class reunion. She was one of only 7 women in her class!

Wow, that is really incredibly impressive. Right on for that woman! Your DH obviously came from some very good genes. No wonder he's such a busy man.

>how were your waffles?

They were good enough to eat...and then some! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/love/love0074.gif

>My mom used to serve them for dessert with a scoop of ice cream and chocolate syrup.

Oh wow. http://bestsmileys.com/drooling/3.gif

Oh hey, how's that new cookbook of yours? Don't think I didn't see your quip about giving me recipes for ones I need an over for. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry051.gif

All right, now I'm off to write. Send good vibes!

A HUMONGO crow came briefly to our balcony and Cham could not believe her little eyes. Of course now she's plastered to the window in hopes it'll come back. She's even cooing right now LOL. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/love042.gif

Have a nice day all! :* :* :*

Hello Haters.

Seville and Madrid send their love, especially to some squirrels overseas and some monsters in ChicagoLand.

Mother's Day was quiet around here, didn't do much since my foot was sore but I believe just a reaction to the weather here. Yesterday,it was either cold or allergies or both.

BBL tonight after shopping.

Good morning!! http://www.postsmile.net/img/9/924.gif

I woke up to a glorious morning -- crisp and cool -- but the sun is shining and the birds are singing, and no one is mowing -- LMAO! This is a most welcome change from the dreary cold and rain of yesterday when gloom and doom were my constant companions http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad058.gif

My weekend was filled with high calorie food and, short of walking from parking lots to restaurants, a complete lack of exercise. I feel toxic and fat. If I don't force myself to work out today I'll be in danger of returning to sloth full-time. I just have to make it my priority, even though I don't wanna do it http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sad030.gif

Hmmmmm...10 Minute Cardio Solutions. Now that doesn't sound too bad. But 10 minutes of WHAT exactly!? I mean, if it's 10 minutes of high impact step or plyo, forget it! :p

AUGIE -- I'm glad you enjoyed your waffles. I can't remember the last time I had a waffle, but ever since I posted about my mom's dessert waffle I've been hankering for one. Maybe I'll buy a package of frozen waffles and enjoy one for dessert tonight }( :9

I LOVE the cookbook! Seriously, you don't have an oven? I think I remember you saying you don't, but I cannot imagine it! I'd be so lost without my oven. I know better than to ask if you have room for a toaster oven -- LMAO! There are several wonderful recipes that require an oven. I'll see if I can come up with any stove top variations for you. OMG I never did post that salad recipe, did I!? I will today -- I PROMISE ;)

A HUMONGO crow came briefly to our balcony and Cham could not believe her little eyes. Of course now she's plastered to the window in hopes it'll come back. She's even cooing right now LOL.

ROTFLMAO!!

DANA and ROBIN -- how was your Mother's Day? Did your children spoil you rotten? Details -- I want all the details!

JENNIFER -- so what happened to your foot? I hope it's better today.

CUZ and JEN -- what are you guys up to? Did you spend the day with mom?

I'm off to contemplate my workout. I shall not return until I've actually done one...

...I might never come back :eek: :p

I forgot to tell you that I got a Mother's Day card from Johnny :+ . I think DH helped him with it. :7

I forgot to tell you that Johny was licking my eyelid the other night. I was almost sound asleep when he jumped onto the bed and curled up on my pillow and nuzzled up against my face. :+

No...I haven't worked out yet. I was WORKING at the computer and just taking a little break -- that's all :p

ETA did I tell you that DH got me TWO dozen roses for my birthday? It was a stunning and multicolored bouquet of red, yellow, white, pink, and pale greenish-white roses. It's very pretty and unusual looking with all those different colors.

I'm going!

ETA again that DH wants to go to the musty...mildewy...godforsaken...hell...hole ;(

Bwahahahaha! I've been waiting for the dreaded MMGHH post! Yipee for roses.

Tristan called me yesterday to say Happy Mother's Day. I chatted with him, then mentioned he couldn't speak to his father, since he was out mowing the lawn. Tristan said, "That's OK, he called me an hour ago to tell me to call you." DD got me a very nice set of matching vases. DH took me out to dinner Friday and Saturday, and with pizza night Sunday, I didn't have to cook all weekend. But I did do my cardio Sat and Sun.

Dana, I hope you got spoiled this year!

Hi to August, Jenn, Jennifer, Diane, Shannon, etc.

Hiya haters.

OMG Robin, that is too funny about Tristan telling you that your DH reminded him to call you. Ha!!!! Did you go to Knoebels? The weather wasn't very nice this past weekend. I checked out the link you posted to the restaurant your DH was taking you to. Have you ever been there before? How was the food? The menu looked good. My DH would never eat there - he doesn't like places like that. Have you ever been to the Inn at New Berlin? I was there with my mom YEARS ago for Mother's Day and it is so nice. So my DH & I went there for our 1st Wedding Anniversary. I loved it and he wasn't impressed. HA!!!

Michele - your DH is such a sweety especially since you'll be going the MMGHH. LOL Your flowers sound beautiful. So did you do a workout yet???? MMMMM cake. I made a homemade chocolate cake with peanut butter icing on Saturday. YUMMMMM!!!!! So far today, I've eaten really healthy but as the day goes on, my eating always goes downhill. I agree w/you, I don't know how Aug does it w/o an oven. That is just crazy!!!!:p

Aug - you're killing me with your kitty-food-capades!!! They're probably afraid to look into their dishes to see what is in here. Then when your mom is with them, it is Party Time!!!!

Jen - how was your weekend?

Hi Jennifer & Shannon!!!

I didn't do anything for Mother's Day. Friday afternoon Gannon's daycare had an ice-cream social so I left work early and went there. Those little 2 year olds are so darn cute!!!! Gabe made me some coupons at school that are good for cleaning the house and helping with dinner. Do you remember mad libs? Well they did a similiar thing and it is so funny. One of the sentences was "My mom weighs _______ and is a little _______. He put "My mom weighs 80lbs and is a little tall." Then he gave me $15 that he got for his birthday but then he took it back. What a boy!!! My DH is giving Gabe some money to take me out to dinner some night this week. We're going to go to Cracker Barrel. My mom was supposed to have me over for dinner but then she cancelled it. I went over anyway to give her her gift and my lunch at her house was a piece of cake. Thanks Mom!

I am sooooo cold. My hands are like ice, I have on long sleeves & a sweater. It is MAY!!!!!

Well, I better get back to work. I am so busy - haven't been this swamped in forever.

Have a great day haters!!!

Hi, Haters -

Are we happy it's Monday???? NOT!! Oh well. As far as Mondays go, it hasn't been too bad. And it's gorgeous outside! I'm just really amazed that we are actually having a real spring this year, instead of going straight into summer.

August - a mere 10 minutes of cardio???? *Gasp!* I'd just be devastated if it was over that soon. :p Has the crow come back?

Jennifer - I'm sorry your foot is still acting up.

Cuz - it sounds like you spoiled yourself appropriately this weekend! You deserve it. How are your toes? DID YOU DO THAT WORKOUT YET??? :7 :7 OMG, I'm so terribly sorry. The MMGHH again??? You poor woman. Just come down here and hide for a bit so DH can't find you when it's time to leave.

Dana - yikes, how cold is it there? Poor cold you! That's so cute about Gannon's little "gift." We ate at the Cracker Barrel yesterday... it's not easy finding something to eat there since I'm a vegetarian!

I had a busy week. Saturday was mostly yard work, and my lawnmower died. I hit something and bent a blade. Sunday I did housework and some cooking for the week, and then the family went out for Mother's Day lunch.I got some good workouts in, too. Yesterday I did the Pyramid bonus combo, but instead of pyramiding, I kept each exercise at the same weight, so it was more like doing drop sets. It was fun.

See ya later, taters!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.