HATE : Mar 11

August

Cathlete
Hello all! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen110.gif

I just finished up my Slow and Heavy tris and bis http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/gen085.gif had a yummy smoothie and am now ready......for a nap. LOL. NO, I'm ready to go to my work room. Yes. I'm ready to go to my work room now.

All the squirrels have been at my place for pretty much a week and a half. They run around together a ton, so it seems to be fun for them, but I'm a bit worried about the lack of space in my place - I know they say you should have one room per cat, and I only have two rooms.

I'm cleaning my litter box like a fiend to keep it sparkling clean for them. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/chores012.gif

Well, it seems that Yoyo's meowling has traumatized my mom LOL/2.

No matter how I tell her that nobody can hear him, she seems obsessively worried about her neighbors. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/ad/headache.gif Every time I ask her about taking her kittens home, she says, "Maybe I should leave them at your place for now, if it's not a burden."

I did get some good advice from a kitty forum, and that was to let Yoyo smell something he doesn't like whenever he meowls. Maybe once Mom has gotten rested up and the Spring brings new magic to her ;) she'll find her spunk. She loves cats so much though, I'm really surprised at her reaction. I guess she just tires a lot easier these days so...

Well, they seem to be comfortable being together all at my place, so for now I guess things are all right. I just don't want to confuse Yoyo and Lulu.

It's certainly fun for me to be in the Squirrel Jungle! Except at 6am when Lulu wakes up for a romp.

JENNIFER -

>earthquake, it didn't get mentioned on the news here. Do they happen often?

Yes, unfortunately quite often. Plus, they're expecting some mongo earthquake to come destroy Tokyo, so it's always an instance of, "OMG, is this it?!" Why on earth do those things have to happen in the middle of the night or really early morning?

So the last earthquake you felt was 20 years ago?

>I got questioned by an auditor today.

OH GAAHHHH! I hope it went all right!

SHANNON - The crock pot problem was all mine, and not the wonderful recipe's. Like Michele said, it called specifically for barley that was NOT pearled, and I'm not sure what kind of barley I bought, but I'm guessing it was the wrong kind.

I'm totally going to try out your pumpkin one, and the lentil one, too. Those sound so good!

MICHELE - So do you have your car back? And how is the cold? Did previewing the Cardioke DVD make you want to do it?

>I propose we stop posting new threads on Sunday and let the Saturday thread serve as the "weekend" thread.

Yes, I noticed sometimes that the weekends were posted as such. That's a grand idea. Less pressure on weekends is never a bad thing LOL.

But enough small talk -- where's that recipe? GIVE!

>OMG I have 41 emails that have accumulated over the weekend -- FORTY-ONE!!

Urgh, are many of them spam, or are they all personal?

I have now watched the Bengal Kitty Chatting with Birds You Tube video about ten times now. OMG, that is just the cutest thing EVAH! I showed my Mom and we watched it a few times together. She couldn't stop laughing.

All right. Have a great day everyone! :*

Yes, I know, I'm supposed to be working.

MICHELE - I cannot tell you how many times I've watched that Bengal talking to the birds today. It really is so cute and makes me laugh every time!

Hello Haters.

Thank GOD,it's Tues. The weather people tell us we're going to have "normal" weather now in the 40s. But, still a chance of snow.

Not much else going on here.

Seville and Madrid have been good and letting me sleep at night. They watch the birds during the day in between cat naps.

Hope you all have a Great Day. Thinking of weight work later, more like 4DS upper and lower from the Kickbox DVD.

Hey August - if your barley was white and round, then it was pearled. Hulled barley is more of an oblong shape and brown, and it takes longer to cook. And it tastes better. :7 Cooking is a pain in the patootie, but it really can be worth it, because home cooked stuff just tastes so much better than eating out, at least to me! Hang in there. The crock pot is your friend.

JENNIFER - Did you check out the link Michele posted? One of them was for a Bengal chatting with birds (the cat is sitting at the window talking excitedly to himself) and it is really cute!

SHANNON -

>The crock pot is your friend.

LMAO!!!

Yes, and faithful. She's sitting right next to me as I type in my work room. No joke. (No room.) :D

There were a couple kinds of barley at the Japanese supermarket but I don't remember seeing any that were brown. (Goes to check barley LOL) It's white but has a brown stripe down the middle. The shape is like small, slightly thick oatmeal.

Anyway, Mom and I finished off the sweet potato bean stew Ms. Crock made last week, and it was a great balance with the salmon I grilled up.

Now if I can just find something to balance tomato glue.

:D

Good morning haters.

Just like Jennifer, not much going on here.

My workouts have been:
Saturday, 4DS chest/back
Sunday, 30 min interval on elliptical, 4DS shoulders, abs from MIS
Monday, Low Impact Circuit

Disgusted to report that I still have not lose a stinkin' lb. I am so frustrated. I have not eaten any junk or sweets in well over a month. I am only eating healthy foods, exercising regularly and still the scale won't budge. I have quite a bit of weight to lose so you can see why I'm so upset.

Michele - did you get your car back?

Jennifer - questioned by an auditor? No fun. I hope you have a better day today!

August - I bet your place is a real zoo!!! So what is your next adventure for Ms. Crockpot?

Jen - what's up with you?

Hi Robin and anyone else I've missed.

Have a great day haters!

Oh, hey, Dana! I was just "replying" to Shannon LOL.

No bad foods for a month?! Do you FEEL good? I distinctly remember you writing that you did. And you sounded really happy. I'll bet this is the part of healthy eating where your body is testing you, and if you can get over this hump, you'll reap the benefits. Hang in there. You're doing so well, and your body, whether it shows on the scale or not, is benefitting without a doubt.

>I bet your place is a real zoo!!!

I'm so worried about Yoyo and Lulu missing their own home...though they seem to be doing well here with their bro and sis (as I write this, Mooch and Yoyo are cuddling in the basket behind me :) )

But maaaan, if I thought the picking up cardboard problem was bad before, OMG, you should see my carpet and me picking stuff up off it like every ten minutes LOL.

>So what is your next adventure for Ms. Crockpot?

I want to try SO many....I was thinking I'd force myself to finish the glue first but Shannon has a better idea for me.

I'm really interested in trying the pinto bean pumpkin one, and the lentil sloppy joe one, and also I want to try a lasagna one.

Okay, now I'm hungry again.

And someone is snoring. I think it might be Yoyo.

Good morning!!

Ahhhhhh, I'm a free woman!! I had a little love fest with my practically new car yesterday http://bestsmileys.com/cars/14.gif
She runs like a dream -- LMAO!!

No workout yesterday ;( . Maybe, just maybe I'll feel good enough to do one today. I'm dealing with this cold and a cough now, too, and I just couldn't muster up the energy to power through any kind of a workout yesterday http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/sick010.gif

AUGUST -- I couldn't believe that video of the Bengal kitty talking to the bird -- LMAO!!! I immediately thought of you, the squirrels, and Mr. Caw :p .

OMG -- ROTFLMAO!!! That video you posted is hilarious!! I love the comments -- "Shaken Kitty Syndrome" -- ROTFLMAO again!!

You've had ALL the squirrels for a week and a half!? {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for your mom. I wish I had a solution for you but I can't think of a thing. As for having 4 squirrels in 2 rooms -- I wouldn't worry about that at all. Just so long as they each have a "spot" where they can go for some "me" time -- that's really all they need. Of course, if you move to a bigger place you can get an elliptical :p . I wouldn't worry about them missing their home. They spend so much time with you that your place probably feels like home. And I'm sure you give them lots of attention which they love http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/hug011.gif

As for my onslaught of email -- some were junk but MOST were not ;( . I kind of go through these phases where I get a lot of personal email from family and friends, as well as some PM's from the forums. I get a little overwhelmed when it's that much, though. I'm very slow at returning typewritten communication ;) :p

JENNIFER -- Well thank GOD for normal weather! It's about time you got a break from all that shoveling! We still have a ton of snow on the ground from the weekend and I'm hoping it melts before the day is out.

CUZ -- The hulled barley is really hard to find here. I saw some in bulk at Wild Oats (like Whole Foods but smaller), but I won't buy anything out of bulk bins. I have a thing about it http://www.kidcorral.ca/forum/images/smilies/suspicious.gif http://www.kidcorral.ca/forum/images/smilies/ewwsign.gif . I buy the Arrowhead Mills organic pearled barley and, even though the outer layer has been removed, it still has 8g (30% of DV) fiber, and fairly high percentages of the B vitamins and iron. I agree hulled would be better, but it's really hard to find in stores. I suppose I could order it online from somewhere though. Maybe I'll try that.

Hey, how's your calf doing? You haven't mentioned it in awhile. I hope that's a good sign :*

DANA -- You're really doing GREAT with your diet and workouts so please, TRY not to feel discouraged. You could've lost weight and it just isn't registering yet. I swear my weight fluctuates 3 lbs up or down on any given day! Just keep doing what you're doing and it's bound to show up on the scales. Trust me on this! :* http://www.kidcorral.ca/forum/images/smilies/glomp.gif

P.S. I'll BRB with smilies :p

Okay, I'm done smilinating my post :p

Michele - I'm laughing at you - I could've lost weight but it hasn't registered yet. WTH do you mean by that? Maybe I'm down 20lbs but the scaled isn't ready to tell me yet. Bahahahah!!!! I wish.

Aug - lentil sloppy joes???? Now that sounds good. Was that posted in the OD when you asked about crock pot recipes? I'll have to check it out. I just bought a bag of lentils. I saw a recipe for lentil burgers and was thinking about making them. (not in a crock pot though).

OK, I better get back to work. I don't feel like working.

Oh yeah, I FINAllY made an apt to get my hair cut & highlighted. I go on Monday @9:00. Not sure if I'm taking the day off of work or just the morning????

We're to get a snowstorm on Sat into Sun. I hope it is a fluke and the weather dude is WRONG!!!

>Michele - I'm laughing at you - I could've lost weight but it
>hasn't registered yet. WTH do you mean by that? Maybe I'm
>down 20lbs but the scaled isn't ready to tell me yet.
>Bahahahah!!!! I wish.

Well, maybe not 20, but 4 or 5 -- you betcha! Seriously, you might be hanging onto water, or it could be a temporary thing from using the 4DS. when you lift heavier than what you're accustomed too, you get micro tears in your muscle which causes something like an inflammatory response, which in turn causes a temporary weight gain from fluid retention. If that's the case, it will take a week or 2 for the weight to come off. So there :p :*

I want to try the lentil sloppy joe, too :9

For your sloppy pleasure!

LENTIL SLOPPY JOES

1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely chopped
4 stalks celery, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
? tsp dried oregano
? tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
? cup ketchup
? cup water
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 cups cooked brown or green lentils, drained and rinsed (or use 1 can, drained and rinsed)
Hot pepper sauce
Toasted hamburger buns

1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about five minutes. Add garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for one minute. Stir in ketchup, water, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar and mustard. Transfer to slow cooker stoneware. Add lentils and stir well.

2. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours, until hot and bubbling. Add hot pepper sauce to taste, if using. Ladle over hot toasted buns and serve immediately.

OMG, LOL, because I use Mac, I think parts of the recipe became ? marks. Oh no! How much water?! How much KETCHUP?! HOW MUCH OREGANO AND SALT?!

And what happens if I don't add the oil?

Be back in a sec to answer some posts.

:)

Hey Augie -- I think the issue is related to your browser. Do you use Safari? I know Mac comes with Safari but I had always used Mozilla which I like SO MUCH BETTER!! If you do a google search, you will see that most Mac users switch to the Mozilla browser. It has a lot more features and it's very simple to use. It makes smilie posting easier, too ;)

MICHELE - So glad your carred up!

I truly love that Bengal kitty chatting about the birds. That is just sooo adorable and funny. I can't count how many times I watched it today, and I've sent the link to several people. "23? Really? REALLY?......REALLY?" LMAO.

>As for having 4 squirrels in 2 rooms -- I wouldn't worry about that at all.

Thank you so much for the hugs for Mom and the reassurance about Yoyo and Lulu feeling comfortable at my place. I've really been trying hard to give everyone playtime and touch time with me, and trying to make Yoyo and Lulu feel totally welcome here while making sure Chami and Mooch don't feel like, "what's the deal?" And I'm just so surprised that Mom seems scared to have them back at her place, fearing the meowling. I mean, scared enough that it's more stressful to deal with than having them around to cuddle with.

Well, like I said, maybe the Spring weather will do some magic.

>I wouldn't worry about them missing their home. They spend so much time with you that your place probably feels like home. And I'm sure you give them lots of attention which they love

Thank you. You made me feel much better.

>Of course, if you move to a bigger place you can get an elliptical

LMAO!

>As for my onslaught of email -- some were junk but MOST were not

Oh gosh, that would overwhelm me, too, as I MUST have a near-empty inbox. As you know, I love to throw stuff away, and that means in all that I do, including computer stuff.

LMAO at your undercover and ewww smilies!

DANA - So what are you doing with your hair? Just a trim? I've been toying with the idea to do something different with mine, but I just can't decide.

Yes, I do use Safari. Mozilla? How do I get Mozilla? Easier smilies? I must look into this!! (Don't spend time telling me how to do it -- I'll find it!) :D

>Yes, I do use Safari. Mozilla? How do I get Mozilla? Easier
>smilies? I must look into this!! (Don't spend time telling
>me how to do it -- I'll find it!) :D

Well thank GOD because I couldn't explain it to you if my life depended on it -- LMAO!! I used Mozilla with my PC and Safari, while nice, just isn't quite as fun or user friendly. Mozilla has a lot more features, including tabbed browsing which I LOVE!! It comes with a tutorial that explains everything. :D

LMAO!

i just downloaded and booted up Mozilla Firefox and came to look here and my first response was, geez, the letters are tiny!

No kidding things were so small for you! :D

I'll have to check out more about Firefox after I've had some sleep though. I'm beat! And Mooch is sleeping on my arm so it's hard to type.

:*

Later!

ETA But I do tabbed browsing in Safari...you mean having a line of various pages up above that you can hop back and forth to, right? That kind of tab? (I moved my arm out from under Mooch :) )

Yeah, that's the kind of tabbed browsing I mean -- but it's easier somehow with Mozilla (I haven't used Safari in so long that I can't remember what the differences are, just that I like Mozilla TONS better).

As for the font, I don't notice any difference in size between the 2 browsers -- it's very small with both as compared to my PC. My iMac has a high resolution monitor and that's what makes the font so tiny. I've gotten used to it now but it took a long time ;) .

G'night Augie -- I hope you and the squirrels get a good nights sleep :*

Golly gee whiz, what's all this computer geek talk? :p

August - sleep well... and when you wake up, can you tell me something? Are the squirrels actually kitties? What's going on here? :)

Cuz - a happy car is a good thing. I had to take my truck in recently too.... and now, thank goodness, the brakes work. Whew.

Okay, I must confess - I buy the hulled barley from bulk bins. Yes, I really do. I'm not dead yet, so I guess it's okay. Our Whole Foods was actually a Wild Oats just a few months ago!

As for the calf... it's doing fairly well. I'm doing low impact step, like LIC and Low Max now. I'm also working on calf raises and building up strength there. Just taking it very slow. I'm about ready to add some bounces into my workout routine. You know, just kind of preparing myself to jump - LOL!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.