HATE - Jan. 12th

dianet

Cathlete
Hi ladies -

I am up early today so thought I would start the thread. Sorry I have been MIA, I don't even know what is going on here! I finished that big project I have been staying late on at work, so hopefully I will get a little break and be able to workout. I have only gotten 4 or less hrs of sleep this week. At least I have been continuing in my ETL diet. I have no idea if I lost weight or anything b/c the battery on my scale is dead. But my clothes feel looser. Now I just need to tone up that flab. DH and I have gotten over the initial weird reactions to the diet (sort of lightheadedness or headaches sometimes, weird hunger sensation even though I was not hungry, and ummm,...stomach "issues") and I actually feel much better after I eat now. Kind of a lightness.

Anyway, today I will be out of the office on a trip to Louisiana for a witness interview with my boss. Thankfully, should be a pretty low stress day (except for the 5 hr car ride with my boss!).

Hey Diane!! Great to see you here! Have a fun trip.

I didn't get in a workout last night. DH left for his archery thingy around 5:45 so I missed out. I"m hoping to get in a workout tonight though.

Robin - I love grilled portabello's. Yum! You did my favorite workout yesterday. I just love, love, love GS BSB.

Michele - what's up with you today? I wanted to ask you since you have a lot of experience in antiques. Have you ever seen Christmas Angel decorations? They are very small - not even an inch high, they are wooden and kinda look like carolers? My Granny had them when I was growing up and my boss gave me them for Christmas. She said that they have been in her family for years and she knew that I loved angels. Just wondering if they are worth anything? Not that I would ever get rid of them. They are old, but I think they are beautiful!

August - I guess if we don't hear from you that means that you already left for your weekend away? Enjoy!

Hi to Deb, Jana and anyone else.

I've gotta go - you seriously will not believe what I've been asked to do now. I'll tell you about it later. This job sucks!

Good morning Diane, Dana, and all!

Diane, what a nice surprise to find that you had started our thread this morning. I've missed you and have begun to worry that you've abandoned us for those other people--lol! I'm so impressed with how you're doing on E2L--you and your hubby. Bravo! --Egads, 5 hours in a car with your boss:eek: ;( . OTOH, you'll have a captive audience so it might be a good time to ask for a raise or something--lol!

Dana, what a lovely gift from your boss!! She must think an awful lot of you. I don't know about your angels, but antique Christmas ornaments can fetch a high price. What can you tell me about them? Do they have any markings? There are a few factors that affect the value of an ornament; how rare it is, what condition it's in, what it's made of, and where and when it was made. About the earliest you'll find is late 1800's. My collection of antique glass birds ranged in price from $80 or $90 up to about $250 (shhhhhh--DH doesn't have to know that, OK?). Can you find one online and post a link? I'd love to see what they look like. Here's a couple of great websites dedicated to antique Christmas ornaments:

http://www.goldenglow.org/index.htm
http://www.brunner-romer.ch/barbara/shop/enter.html (I bought several of my birds from this site)

I made a shocking discovery last night! Accept for shoulders, I have either matched or used heavier weights than Jari Love:eek: . I've been playing her DVD's on a small portable DVD player which makes them very hard to see, so I decided to pop one in the DVD player in my family room and preview it on my big TV. You know when they briefly flash up on the screen the weights used by the different exercisers? Well, I was totally reading that wrong. For instance, where it indicates Jari is using 20#'s, I thought she was using a pair of 20# DB's but she wasn't. She was using a pair of 10# DB's for a total weight load of 20#'s!!!:eek: :D :eek: :D . I was lifting heavier than Jari on those friggin chest presses -- she was using 10# DB's and I was using 12#ers. I feel so much better now. I was so depressed thinking that I was a total wimpy weakling. Little did I know that I'm more like Popeye--LMAO!!

I'm going antiquing today and that's final. I'll do an Eli workout when I get home. I should have gone yesterday -- it was a beautiful, sunshiny day and this morning it's cold and rainy.

August, Robin, Deb (how was P90X?), Kate--y'all have a great day and I'll see you later:* :* :* :*

Just popping in for a sec to see if anyone else stopped by. Where is everybody?

I want you all to know that I realize I used the wrong word in my post ^^^ there. I used ACCEPT when I should have used EXCEPT. I tried to fix it but it was too late. It's really bugging me--LMAO!

Antique shops, here I come!:D

Hi everyone- have a great weekend- I have to wait for a chin up bar in the mail so I'll not be starting P90X just yet- I've also started to track my cal on fitday- I love this site- it's an eye opener- I thought I was doing good and the calories sneak up on you- I'm trying to get everything into place so I really commit to Tony but I'll always love cathe (you know what I mean)- I'm also trying to get myself psyched to commit to substitute teaching- you know fill out the application, attend the orientation, get fingerprinted (no worries there- really)but as Michele would say- I think Michele says this-do you Michele? I'M SKEERED!!! LOL- I havn't had a REAL job in some 17 years!! talk to you gals later--deb

Hi haters. I'm planning on doing Step Blast when I get home this afternoon.

Deb, isn't there something you can substitute for the chin ups until you get your bar? I think the idea of doing chin ups is one of the reasons I've avoided getting P90X.

Michele, I hope you got some good antiquing in this afternoon. Don't put Eli off until late though.

Dana, how was your bread last night. I haven't forgotten I promised you some recipes. I may not get around to it this weekend. We are going to the Allentown area to visit a friend tomarrow.

Have a wonderful day all.

Hey guys, I'm here just for a quickie - there was a huge earthquake (8.3) in Hokkaido. I felt it here in Tokyo but all is all right here. There are now tsunami warnings. I hope everyone in Hokkaido will be all right.

Warmth to you guys and I'll be back Monday!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.