HATE - Jan 10

August

Cathlete
Hiya!

Diane - When I was eating BFFM style, I had a hard time falling asleep, too. I think it was because I was thinking about eating chocolate and donuts LOL.

Dana - Green glop (I'll call it glop, since I often refer to yummy foods as goop, and we certainly don't want that confusion LMAO) and pink eye. Sounds festive! But that does not sound fun whatsoever. I hope his eye is all better now. The herb drink has never made me feel pukey before, but it may have been a combo of things with that mixed in. Hmm. Anyway, after an hour the feeling wore off so thankfully all is well!

Kate - Hahaha, what on earth can I comment on on your post? LMAO.

Robin - That's a pretty nice doctor you have there to be so concerned. I wonder if he thought you might be getting bladder infections from not going to the bathroom for weeks or something LOL.

Michele - I'm all better now, thanks. Is your eye all better? Okay, so how did you like Jari?

Well, I did Gin Miller's Intense Moves coupled with the abs from CTX All Step. I've gotta say that as far as cardio is concerned, I definitely like dancy stuff better. But having said that, I have to say that I love Gin Miller. Her personality is totally great!

Okay, off to work I go!

HOLY COW!!! I did S&L tonight and it was great! I liked it a lot. I could not match Jari's weights but I banged out most of the reps using lighter weights. I had to drop down to THREE pounds for the shoulder presses but I've always had wimpy shoulders.

I'm having a hard time without a large TV in my workout room. Until we replace the TV in our bedroom I'm stuck using a small Sony portable DVD player with a teeny tiny screen. I'm sure it'd be fine for kids in the back seat of a car but it's pretty tough to view a workout, especially when you're laying on a weight bench and trying to do chest presses -- LMAO!

As for Jari, IMHO she is too thin, wears too much make-up and, like another forum member pointed out, she looks like a Barbie doll. At first I thought I'd have a hard time taking her seriously but I didn't. Her workouts are solid and I'll probably buy Ripped 1000 and the new one coming out this spring.

August, I'm glad you're feeling better. I've never done a Gin Miller workout. I had one of her step tapes back in the 90's but I never actually did it, and I just donated it to Goodwill last week:eek: . --Oh yeah, I completely agree that we need to differentiate between glop and goop. --My eye is fine now. Today was the last day for my antibiotic eye drops:) .

Okay, it's just about 2 AM and I really must get to bed. DH has to take my car tomorrow. The poor guy--he just got brand new tires over the weekend and he already has a flat, and on his way home from work both of his headlights burned out. How's that for rotten luck!? I have to get up early so I better get tucked in for the nig...er...morning. :*

OK, let me get this straight. Glop is bad, goop is good? Is that right? If so, I had some really yummy goop last night for dinner. It was a Roasted Mushroom Pasta with Proscuitto. I made enough for 6 and the 4 of us about licked the bowl clean. I'm going to post the recipe this evening if I get time.

Michele, anoather Jari lover? Gads, I still don't have P90X and now here is another series being dangled in front of me. I'm glad your eye has cleared up and hope you can stay healthy for a good long stretch now.

Today, Cathe's rotation calls for 30 min of Interval Runs on a treadmill. I don't have a treadmill, so I will have to attempt this outside, where winter has arrived overnight. I suppose I could wait and run tomarrow when it is supposed to get into the 40's again, but my obsessive/compulsivness won't allow. I'm as worried about this as I was the 40 min steady state run. I only hope it works out as well as that did. I will let you all know.

Morning ladies. I'm taking a break right now. I am so fumin' mad. Someone went into a student's file which I took over an hour to organize and it is totally messed up. I am over organized and when I went in to look for something all the dates are mixed up, the papers are topsy turvey. ARRRHH! This file is like 8 inches think so it's gonna take me another hour to put it back together. Therefore, I deserve a cathe break. HA!

Robin - don't you dare run today. It is freezing cold here. I was up at Geisinger on Monday - 2x actually. I had to take Gannon for his appt and then I went back up during my lunch to pick up his meds. Luckily it is close by.

Michele - what did you think of the chest portion of S&L? Different but I liked it. Althought I was thinking when is this going to end???

Kate - have you noticed any difference in your LB since you've been on this B&G marathon? My boys drove me CRAZY when I was off for the Christmas break. Either they were fighting or getting in trouble.

August - so what you're trying to say is that glop is bad? Hmmm - I"ve never heard of goop being good but if August says so then it must be so. You know, with all your concoctions, you'd be a mean bartender. If you're looking for a side job, there ya go!!!!!

Hi Deb, JanJan and Diane!

Last night I did an oldie but goodie. I did Pure Strength Chest, Shoulders and Triceps and the abs from PS Back & Biceps. I feel pretty good so bring on the DOMS. I know that by tomorrow my chest is gonna be on fire! I didn't want to do GS Chest b/c I dread those push ups. I like PS chest much better.

Tonight I won't get in a work out b/c I've got my usual Wed night running around.

Well, I feel better since taking this little break. Back to the dreaded file!

Talk to you all later! :)

Hi Robin and Dana and all,

Robin, oh yes, make sure you do not confuse your glop with your goop! Glop is purulent mattering and goop is a yummy food stuff. Your pasta dish is definitely goop...well, all except for the mushrooms which, for me, are like glop. Mushrooms = fungus = glop. In case you're wondering, mushrooms are on my list of foods I never eat unless they're mixed in with something else and I don't know they're in there -- LMAO! LOVE prosciutto, though. Can you make my pasta with extra prosciutto -- hold the mushrooms?

So what'd you do about your interval run? You need Cardio Coach!! Lot's of runners use CC. As long as you're going to buy Jari Love (you know you will), you might as well pick up a CC, and don't forget your iPod while you're at it. It just never ends, does it?

Dana, I'd be livid if someone messed up my stuff at work. I've got quite a temper, too. Boy, I'd really let 'em have it--then I'd run like hell--LMAO! Anyway, I hope you were able to straighten it out without too much difficulty. --Since this was my first time doing S&L I went with lighter weights than usual. I used 12# DB's for the chest presses and I was dying by the end. I thought it was really hard but then I'm not very sore today, with only some mild generalized DOMS. How much weight do you use? Can you match Jari? I love endurance workouts yet my endurance sucks :eek: ;( . The bicep work was hard, too. I started out with 8# and dropped 5. Pathetic, isn't it? Oh well, I'll have something to work towards.

I don't have Pure Strength. Is that one I need if I have GS? I looked at Cathe's January rotation but I don't have several of the DVD's so I had to pass on it. I'm going to work on building my Cathe library over the coming months. I still like her the best of all. Jari is really good but I still think Cathe's endurance work is more advanced. PH kicked my butt like nothing else! In fact, it's too hard for me. I'm hoping Jari's endurance work will prepare me for Cathe.

Where's Deb. I miss you, Deb! You haven't been around in a few days. I hope all is well with you. Geez, I hope you didn't explode your abs with that gut busting rotation--lol!

August, I hope you had a lovely day at work and a good night's sleep:*

Diane, Jana, Kate:* :* :*

Hi Michele. It will be a while before I get Jari, CC or an iPod. I'm very happy with Cathe and the few others in the closet, thank you very much. Someday I may give in to the P90X mania though. I did the interval run outside. I ran 1/2 mile, then sprinted for 50 paces, at DH's suggestion. In 30 min I did close to 3 miles and did 5 sprints. It was tough. Especially since I had to come inside and do the leg drills from Kick Max and Core Max segment 1. I'm so glad tomarrow is something relatively short and simple like GS S,B&S. I don't think you need PS if you have the GSs. Unless, like me, your goal is a complete set of Cathe.

You don't like mushrooms?!!? I guess I can understand. I don't like any moldy cheeses. I made a salad that went with the pasta and the recipe called for gorgonzola. I left that out of my serving, although everyone else liked it. But I do like to say gorgonzola. It's much more fun to say the brie, which I also do not like.

Hope everyone has a nice evening and good night's sleep. Tomarrow, hater crowd.

WOO HOO!!! Way to go, Robin!! Really, that's awesome. How you managed to tack on the leg drills from KM after an interval run is beyond me, that AND a segment of Core Max. I bow to your superior strength and endurance.

Oh yeah! Gorgonzola is definitely in the glop category, although I don't mind a leetle bit in my Italian mac and cheese. You can actually see the glop in Gorgonzola...glop in Gorgonzola...glop in Gorgonzola...glop in Gorgonzola...as much fun to type as it is to say :7

I forgot to say how WONDERFUL it was to do my first workout in my workout room!! It was WONDERFUL. Really, it was. It was so nice not to have to run around the house to gather up my DB's. I had stopped using my barbell because it was to much work to cart the box of plates around. Now all I have to do is pull what I want off of my nifty racks. :D

I did 35 min on Eli tonight. It feels so good to have worked out 2 days in a row.

I'm starving -- time to pick up my carry out:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.