HATE going back to work May 22/07

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning haters!

Wow, it's been so quiet! Where is everyone? I can't really talk, since I was MIA all last week. We spent tons of time outside working in the yard and making our garden presentable. Everything is starting to look great, except the poor lawn but I think with the dogs there isn't much we can do about that.

Michele - YAY YOU'RE GOING!!!! You have no reservations yet?????? Yikes! I'd be in total panic mode! Get going on that!

Jen - how are you feeling these days? Better, I hope:)

Hi ladies -

Good news! DH got the job!!! Yeseterday he got called back to meet with the General Counsel of the company which basically means he got the job. The recruiter said that the meeting with the GC is just a curtesy and a step they have to take before giving him an official job offer. So he basically got the job!! We are just so excited. I will be a bit jealous of his work schedule while I am still preggo, but I know that in about 4 months I don't have to go back so I will try to not be too jealous. I am so excited that he will have more time to spend with the baby when she is little. He meets with the GC at 2 today. Unless he totally bombs this, he has the job.

Boston was a drama-filled trip. First of all, I missed my 9 am flight to Boston and they gave my seat to standby. I walked away for one minute to get a snack and they had given it away. Totally my fault, but I thought they would call my name if I was missing my flight. I was right around the corner. Anyway, all the flights for the rest of the day were overly full until 7 pm. DH's mom picked me up from the airport during her lunch break and I hung out at the ILs house until my flight. So at least I was not at the airport all day.

I got to Boston at 12:30 am, and my mom and step dad picked me up and we got lost in Boston for an hour before we finally found our way to the hotel. My mom is a horrible driver and I was navigating but she is stubborn and woudln't follow my directions. So we got in a fight about that. We got to the hotel at 2 am, went to bed at 3 and had to be up by 7 for a breakfast with my dad and step mom and my sister. So I was dead tired all day.

Saturday, day of graduation, was cold and rainy and the graduation was outside. We basically spent all day waiting and trying to mediate between complaining or fighting parents. My sister and I were so angry at how my family acted. It was my sister's big graduation day, she is just got DIVORCED last week (I don't know if I told you this, but she is going through a messy divroce right now), and I am pregnant. But all the parents cared about or talked about was how horrible the weather was or complaining about being uncomfortable, etc. My sister and I had to babysit them. All of our parents are just really selfish people sometimes and they never even mentioned the 3 above huge topics going on in our lives.

The "$100 dinner" was bad too. I think I remember telling you that my sister had us go to this $100 a person dinner set up by her grad school friends for their group of friends. We were all upset because it was so expensive, was a set menu, and we wouldn't get to get a lot of one-on-one time with my sister because she would be mingling with her friends. I tried to make the best of it and met a lot of her friends. But my parents were so difficult and had to be baby sat the whole time and didn't talk to anyone. They just complained the whole night about every little thing. It was horrible. I felt so bad for my sister - all her friends could tell that my parents were upset. Anyway, I am so glad to be back in Texas and at home. Having all 4 parents together somewhere is just never a good idea.

Hi everybody!

I'm in full PANIC mode -- LMAO!! Yes, I'm going to Italy after all. I was about 99.9% sure that I wasn't going so I didn't prepare. I was sure I'd need to stay behind to help my IL's but my MIL had a great check up and the doctor gave her permission to drive again, and they're taking off for a little MD weekend get away.

So there were were -- ready to go but NO place to stay:eek: :eek: :eek: . DH took care of all our reservations yesterday, except for 2 nights in Venice but I'm not worried -- I'm sure we'll find something. Basically we're starting out in Rome for DH's meeting, then we're going to the Netherlands for 1 day and 1 night to attend a service at the American military cemetery (my uncle who was killed in WWII is buried there). From there we go to Venice for 2 days, then back to Rome for the remainder of our trip. A lot of the damily will be there and we've hired a private bus to take us to my mommas hometown. We still have relatives there and we've arranged to meet them :) .

I know once I get everything done I'll start to feel excited. Right now I'm busting my butt trying to get ready. I was out of town all weekend shopping and finally found some decent clothes to pack. I'm serious when I tell you that I didn't have anything to wear. I never buy summer clothes and everything I had was old and in pretty bad shape. I really don't want to shop for clothes in Italy -- I want to shop for fun things like Venetian glass and Deruta pottery:D.

I've been up since 6 AM laundering my new duds and laying everything out that we want to pack. I still have to get my kitty's things ready for boarding, too :-( . At least I found a nice place to board him with a big picture window and a TV, which hopefully, will feel a little like home.

Shelley -- I want pictures of your pond!!! That sounds so lovely. Yeah, with 2 dogs it's pretty hard to keep a nice lawn so I wouldn't worry too much about it. We only let our dachshunds in the back yard so at least our front yard looked good. I hope you were able to relax a little on your vacation -- it sounds like you worked your butt off for most of it.

Diane -- WOO HOO -- I'm so excited about your DH's new job!! That's so great! When will he start?

I know it's not funny but I can't help it -- I'm ROTFLMAO over your graduation weekend from hell. THAT'S why I always refer to family as DAMILY -- LMAO!! Oh boy, I know exactly what your weekend was like because I've had several JUST like it ;) . This is the one thing that worries me about our trip -- so many of my fam damily will be there and I'm telling you, they're a handful and a half:eek: ;(. At least DH booked us into a different hotel :D .

Jen, so it sounds like you're feeling better. I'm going to miss all of you, too, but I may be able to check in once in awhile. I think at least one of our hotels has wireless internet service and DH will be taking his laptop. :D

I don't know where Dana is. It's strange that she hasn't checked in. Maybe she's just super busy with end of the year school stuff or something. We know Robin's on vacation and I hope she's having a wonderful time -- no one deserves it more! Hopefully August will be back soon. Holy smokes, I really miss everyone;) :-( .

Well, the dryer just buzzed and I still have a load or 2 to do. I'll try to check back later.

Hello to all our absentee haters. Pleases come back -- we miss you like mad:* :*

Hey chickadees! Just quickly popping in to say hi. Michele, you're right. I am overwhelmed here at work. I won't see the light of day til August, seriously!!! Yesterday I had to go to a meeting and I left my purse there. Luckily, I have a friend that works at this company and she got it for me and I picked it up at her house, otherwise, it'd be a 32 mile round trip jaunt to get the stupid thing!!!!

Diane - I'm so happy your DH got the job! YIPPEE!! Your trip sounded stressful. It is no wonder you're happy to be home.

Michele - thank goodness you are going on your trip. You need this time with your DH and for yourself to RELAX!!! When do you leave?

Hi Shelley!!!!!!

Well, I"m outta here. Have a great day everyone!

Michele - That is so great that you are going on your trip! But I can understand it is stressful when everything has to be last minute. I'm glad your DH took care of everything.

I hear you about the fam damily. They are always very selfish, but usually it is not as much of a big deal because I only have to deal with them separately and we rarely travel together. Add all 4 together plus traveling and it is just the worst ever.

By the way, we got the fabrics in and they are so cute! So we are going to order the custom bedding and I can't wait to get it in. The nursery will be all put together almost (minus a few accessories) in a few short weeks!

Dana!! I knew you were probably busy. I can only imagine how busy it must be when you're trying to wrap up for the end of the school year. My sister is a 5th grade teacher and she's also going on this trip to Italy. She has to have everything done and her grades turned in before leaving. She's in a bit of a panic. Thankfully she has an excellent sub who offered to help with a lot of extra stuff.

Diane, I can't wait to see pictures of your nursery when it's all put together. I'm sure it will be lovely.

I think I'm on my last load of laundry. I put a hold on our mail, arranged for someone to watch our house, and now I'm working on cleaning out the refrigerator. OMG I have so much to do -- LMAO!! I'll BBL :*

Hi Haters!
MICHELE, I just had to pop in here to tell you I'm so excited to see you are going on your trip!!!!!!!!!!

I get panicky packing for a weekend camping trip, so I can't even imagine how crazy it is at your house today, but it will be worth it !:D

I've missed how long you will be gone.....(?) but you will be missed here!!!!!!:-( It's already so quiet in here these days.

Hi to everyone else.
My MIL fell again yesterday and is in the hospital with a compression fracture of her back. She is on morphine and in a great deal of pain and they are talking about nursing homes and rehabilation and she is having NONE of it ! We are waiting for test results and to talk to her dr. Then we have to figure out what to do !

I hope everyone's having a good Tuesday!
Michele, how long is your flight?
More later......
Becky

Hi Haters. I've only had little snatches of time on the computer and have been spending it on the <--thread.

Michele!!!!I'm so excited about your trip to Italy. Don't forget to pick up a postcard for little old ME. I don't care if you wait and mail it from here.LOL. You and your DH have a wonderful, romantic trip.

Shelley, now that your garden is in shape, can you come and do mine? I haven't even mulched yet. At least DH got the lawn mowed the day before we left.

Diane, wonderful news about your DH's new job! I'm sorry the weekend in Boston was such a nightmare. Families, sheesh.

Becky, I'm sorry about your MIL. Hopefully the doctor will tell her she has no choice. Is there a social worker who could help you?

Dana, sorry to hear you are so busy. I would think it would be slowing down soon.

I'm waiting for my sister to start the salmon. We went for a nice hike today around Sullivan Lake in the ranger district where my sister and her DH both work. Tomarrow we are going to Canada for an overnight trip. We are hoping to go for a short kayak trip in the morning, and do some sight seeing in the afternoon. Hot springs are on the agenda. And a nice dinner out. I'm looking forward to it. I've managed to squeeze a couple workouts in this week so far, but I've been eating like a little pig. That's what vacation is for, right?

Have a great evening, and again, Michele, HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

Hello haters, at least we had a few more people here today!

I did Tone It Up & B&G 2 sets of deadlifts, 2 sets of firewalkers, then the floor glute work tonight. I had a 3 hour meeting/class type thing this morning so the day flew by as it was actually a great class & wasn't a waste of our time, got to love classes that actually build your skills & was actually here in the office-you'd be amazed at where they send us sometimes for classes-I've been to Vegas & San Diego, MN couple times, and Iowa lots of times for classes & meetings, got to love the corporate world... ;)

Shelley- Glad you enjoyed your time off, it always goes by so fast. I am taking a half day on Friday & then taking Tuesday off so I'll have a nice long extended break, I need one. I am planning lots of time working out & relaxing! People think I'm crazy when I get excited about having a day off and will be able to double my workouts, they just can't imagine actually enjoying it and they think I'm the odd one! :p

Diane- So happy for you & your DH, that is awesome!

Michele- You are probably in last minute panic packing mode right now. Enjoy your trip and be safe.

Dana- Sorry things are so hectic for you. My mom works at the school with pre-k kids so they are doing screening for next year for kids, she said they saw 46 kids today, this must be the crazy time of year for the school works, hang in there! Do you get the summer off? My mom does so I think that is how she deals with it, she knows she'll have about 2 1/2 months off, I could only imagine having that but again I wouldn't survive doing what she does so I do agree that teachers earn their time off.

Robin- Glad to hear you are having a fab time at your sister's house.

Becky- Sorry to hear about the MIL... weren't you guys looking at new houses b/c she was going to move in with you guys? Do you think those plans will change now? I hope it all works out for everyone.

Well I am going to do a little snooping around on the boards then head to bed early as this week will be nuts w/ everyone trying to get their loans closed before Friday as refinances have to sign that day if they want to fund by month end since Monday is a holiday, got to love month end in the mortgage business! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.