HATE Dec 2

August

Cathlete
Hello!

I've just finished Christi's Still Stepping for the first time. It was a lot of fun and the hour whizzed on by. My foot also whizzed on by the Step a couple times, but I'm sure I'll get better at this one soon. }(

Afterwards, I had my protein smoothie, but on recommendation from a friend of mine really into health, I threw in a handful of Japanese mustard spinach. I was kind of scared it was going to make my usual frozen berries/banana protein smoothie taste mossy, but I did not taste it one bit! This is going to be a fantastic way to get in some extra greens! WOW! :7

And, drum roll, please..........my Nintendo is here!! Tee hee heeh eeeheee! But I am going to work today. Promise. I'll just play with it for a tiny tiny tiny bit to figure things out enough to explain it to Mom tonight after dinner. :)

Wooo hoo!

Deb - Oh, I saw the Nintendogs and I hear it's really popular. I saw the commercial for it...the computer dog will respond to you calling its name? That is really wild! By the way, in case you change your mind, and just so you know, because I know your kids would want me to tell you, but you can use the Game Boy game cartridges in the DS Lite. Though that doesn't solve the problem about having to buy yet another piece of electronic equipment. LOL, Asteroids! I totally remember going to the arcade and playing Space Invaders!

Thank Gawd Japan doesn't sell pre-made dough. Pre-made dough...raw...ohhh, it's sooooo goooood. I would happily eat that every day.

Kate - Sewing machines are $400?! Is that the regular price, or is that one a machine that will automatically make a wardrobe for you?! You and your "if we didn't have to sleep and could eat without gaining" thing! LOL! I'm so with you on the coat in the house. I am always cold. The thought of going outside without a coat when it's not broiling outside it unthinkable.

Diane - Waking up to find that DH hadn't come home must have totally freaked you out! I hope you'll have a fantastic celebration tonight (before crashing into bed around like 8pm, that is).

Robin - Yikes, snow and ice is coming your way? What a situation. Having to go out in the snow and ice, or having to stay in with the chocolate chip cranberry oatmeal cookies. Major danger around every corner.

Dana - I cannot, absolutely cannot imagine going out in 50 degree weather in sandals, let alone shorts. Even 70 would probably have me wearing a sweater. How great that must be to be so warm like that. That's totally cute that the black cat was hanging with your DH. Wouldn't that be funny if your DH got attached to his new friend after hanging together for a bit?

Michele - I'm working on my third iPod, and I've never used any other MP3, so unfortunately I can't help you out on that one. I wonder what it could have been about the Nano that you didn't like?

All right. I have to go.......um....work. Hi to the rest of you!

Have a great weekend!

Hi August and all!

I've been looking, searching, scouring the the www all day long and I'm STILL at it. Well, I did take a break long enough to cook and eat dinner;) (more on the dinner in a bit).

I'm considering the Nano after all. I keep getting all confused about which players have which options. I think the Nano doesn't have FM radio, right? I think that's what I didn't like. I am NOT a techno wizard and all this electronic crap makes me bleary eyed. OH! Maybe it's the battery issue--the Nano has to be sent back to the company to replace the battery. That just bothers me. --I'm leaning heavily towards the Creative Zen V Plus.

I made the yummiest, lip smacking, mouth watering chicken stew tonight. It had chicken, of course (DUH!), and carrots, onions, celery, garlic, tomatoes, cannellini beans, and red kidney beans. I seasoned it with basil, thyme, and oregano and served it with a crusty, whole grain bread. I managed to hide some from DH for my lunch tomorrow. Seriously, he would not stop eating it--lol!

August, you said your mom enjoys activities that challenge her mind? I'm curious about your mom. Did she go to college? Did she have a profession or field of interest? I'm always intrigued by the parents of my friends. My parents were depression era teenagers. Both of them had to drop out of high school in order to work and help support their families. My mom was the oldest of 12 and my dad was the oldest son. They were both very intelligent, though, and fairly successful business people. They opened the first Italian restaurant in my hometown, then later on they bought a little corner store--beer, pop, bread, lunch meat--things like that. I grew up working in that store. I didn't like it at the time but I look back on it now with fond memories.

I have never made a smoothie:eek: . Yours sounds really good, though. I would expect spinach to give it a funky taste, too. Glad you liked it!

Diane, I hope you had a nice evening!! I hope your DH was able to stay awake:eek:

Robin, our weather was just awful today. We had winds up to 50 mph. It was kind of scary.

Dana, I'm with you on the whole coat thing. They actually annoy me. Maybe we should send our coats to August and Kate--lol!

Kate, I wouldn't know what on earth to do with a sewing machine. Are you operating a sweat shop out of your home? I can just see your poor girls, locked up in a secret room with no windows and no heat or AC, cranking out outfits for you--lol!

Jeanette, Deb, Jana--what were girls up to today?

Well, I think I'm going to read a thread or 2 then hit the sack. I'll see you in the morning. August, have a good day at work.

:* :*

Hi there,

I'm just having my lunch break. Chicken, broccoli and of course, sweet potato!

Ahh, the battery problem. From what I understand, actually, it's better to just go ahead and replace your iPod (Nano) rather than to have the battery replaced. By the time you need a new battery, new and better models will be out, and the cost to replace the battery won't be that much less than getting an entirely new iPod. But more likely than anything, you'll have other problems with your iPod before the battery runs out LOL.

Do the other MP3s work the same as iPod? You set up your music stock in your computer and then it will automatically put the songs in? And it will automatically update your songs when you connect it to the computer? Do the batteries on these other MP3s use just regular batteries you buy at the store? I wish I could give you some good advice here...Well, whatever you get, MP3s are really great.

Your chicken stew sounds sooooo yummy.

I think I'm going to have to eat another sweet potato now.

(Okay, I'm back now from instead having a date with a dab of cocoa powder and organic peanut butter - oh hey, that reminds me that I finished off my tahini last week LOL.)

Yes, mom did go to college, and she studied medicine. She met my dad at a medical seminar he was directing. My mom has always been huge on adventure, and both of them have always been huge on music and entertainment. And although they wanted me to have some other skill or something to fall back on if music didn't pan out, they were always completely supportive and encouraging all the way. Thank goodness I have a good pan! LOL.

Well NO WONDER you are such the awesome chef. It's in your blood! And what an incredible adventure your parents had growing up and becoming so successful.

Wow. You must have eaten some pretty dang good meals growing up.

I can't believe that I couldn't even taste the mustard spinach in my smoothie at all. This leaf (it's called Komatsuna) must be rather mild in taste, but big on nutrients. :D I can't wait to have it again tomorrow!

All right, I need to get back to work.

Have a good sleep!

Good morning,
Haven't done my workout today, no hurry, I don't have to be at work. Will get to it soon.

Yesterday, DH and I drove to Reno and bought him a 1993 Dodge diesel pickup. Yeah, it's a beaut, or so he thinks. Anyways, it's supposed to be a wood truck so if you ding it up in the woods, you don't get all mad. Or if someone opens their car door on it in the parking lot, you don't blow a gasket. In other words, it's a beater. On the way back from Reno, there was a headon accident on the highway so we had to wait a couple of hours.

Michele, I have a Sandisk Mp3 player, 1 GB, that I use for my Cardio Coach workouts. It's okay to use, but has taken me a while to figure out. I used to just keep pushing buttons on it and finally something would happen. I'm getting a little better. A while back, I accidently got it on Chinese mode and couldn't do anything with it. Someone helped me get it back to English, so be careful there. I don't use the software program to load songs to it. I just use Explorer on my computer and drag files from MyMusic over to the removable disk drive (where your Mp3 player is). That works for me. I also found some great earbuds that work and STAY in my little earholes, even thru the sweating. No more duct tape for me, and I'm serious, that's what I was using to get the earbuds to stay in for my bike riding and workouts.

I need to eat now and do my workout. I'll BBL.

Jeanette

You would have to explain to me what a sewing machine if I didn't have a child into it. The $400.00 machine was on sale, forty percent off. It is a Baby Lock brand, if that means anything. Wardrobe, ha! I am expecting her to be on Project Runway in ten years. Must get her working fast. She actually likes sewing. I don't get it.......

Yeah, it is cold outside and inside. The only time I am warm is when I am doing Cathe. I guess that means I will have to do hours of her per day for the next four months. Yikes. But today, I did Leaner Legs with the floor work of GS Legs and some abs and cardio. After doing Butts and Guts, Leaner Legs was actually kind of easy! See how good B&G is!!!
The cardio killed me. I know one is supposed to do the weights first but I swear, if I did the mixed days, I have to do the cardio first, or I will not do it. I HATE CARDIO.....I do.....oh yeah, that is why I am here.

IT IS TOO COLD IN THIS HOUSE. I have a room heater on me too. I HATE THE WINTER!!

That is all. I have to do housework. Fun.

I really expected to have more "me" time today. But here I am, bringing up the rear again.

August, we didn't get any snow or ice. Just wind and much colder temperatures. Like Dana said, we went from the high 60's to the low 40's in one day. Brrrrrr.

I did Step Blast today, since I've been thinking all week I needed more cardio. It was easier than I ever remember it, so I guess a little bit of cardio every day isn't hurting. I tacked on Gym Style Biceps, since CTX doesn't seem to have biceps.

Michele, have you made a decision? I hope your headaches go away.

Kate, I used to love to sew. I haven't popped open the sewing machine in years. I used to make most of my clothes and do a lot of crafty things. Then came kids and I've never gotten back to it.

Jeanette, LOL at the beaut of a new truck.

Gotta go get dinner on the table. Then we are off to church to help put up Christmas decorations. Bye.

Hi all,
My workout today was GS Triceps and the Timesaver Cardio premix 43 minutes from BM2. BM2 always sounds funny to me. Anyway, I did it on an 8" step and got more of a workout for sure.

Kate, my house is too warm right now. My DH loves to cut wood and heat our house with wood. He's usually stoking the fire and I have the doors and windows open. Only house in the neighborhood with no snow on the roof during a snowstorm. Just kidding, but really, he likes it warm. And being too warm makes me cranky. I'll tell him to put some more clothes on, and he tells me to take some off! At work, my feet are always cold. I have an electric heater under my desk for my feet.

Been many moons since I've sewn. I think one of the last items was a maternity dress for myself (came out looking like a tent) to wear to my DH's company party. I sewed like a mad woman all day, tried on the dress, was pretty disgusted, and wadded it up in a box. We didn't go to the party, needless to say. That was 26 years ago.

Robin, good job on Step Blast. I like that one and will have to revisit it sometime. CTX has an all Upper Body workout that I know has biceps on it. Think it's on the 2nd disk.

I went grocery shopping today and got a bunch of food to start eating according to P90X. More protein than I'm used to (only 1 carb per day in the 1st 4 weeks :eek:). What do you ladies use for a recovery drink after a workout? Protein bar suggestion too?

Oh yeah, I boiled up some barley this morning after first soaking it. Made less mess than the steel cut oatmeal. I'm looking forward to a nice bowl in the morning before my group bike ride :7 I like the texture of it and yes, it looks like what is in Campbells soup, but isn't mushy. Mmmmmm...thanks for the suggestion, you barley flakes you:p

Michele, have you decided on an MP3 player yet?

August, I've never made a smoothie in my life. How do you do it? Would I put some recovery magic stuff in it? Please give instructions. I have one of those little blender things that you put into a glass and mix. Would that work?

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.