Hardcore Fitness Manica Hotties for 12/30

Two more days of 2008. Doesn't seem possible.

This morning I did Cardio Coach #7. i wanted to do the workout scheduled but my right knee has been bugging me. Had an excellent workout. Had a little bout with my HRM but after I reset it (15 minutes into the workout) it was fine. Not sure what happened.

Cardio stats:
45 minutes (w/o was actually an hour)
2 minutes below zone
18 minutes in zone
30 minutes above zone
444 calories burned - Woo hoo! Like this calorie burn reading!
3.75 miles travelled

I'll be back later to go into detail about my HRM. I just don't get it. :mad:

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Been so very busy home and not much time for much else, but have been working out still, but just not yesterday:rolleyes: I got to get the rest of my day in order..cleaning, workouts, bathing dogs, etc. There is always plenty to do and someone asked me one time if I get bored being home????:D:eek:

Don't know what workouts I am doing today other then 2 Cathe ab workouts. Just in a kinda passionate frenzy....

Later Hotties~~

Debbie,

Fantastic workout for 45 minutes. DAMN!

Ok, I just don't get this. I put my new HRM on this morning, got started with my workout and not 6 minutes into the workout the watch stopped reading my HR.

W - T - F?????

Do you realize how pissed off I was???? :mad: I just don't understand. Someone please make me understand why I have such a hard time with these devices?

So I took the strap around my chest off, reset the watch, put the strap back on and it found my HR and read it the rest of my workout.

Now why???? Why would it not find it with the first damn time I tried it but it was fine for the rest of the 60 minute workout?

{shakes head} I just don't get it.

Debbie,

Girl, you make me smile so much when you get aggravated with that hrm!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D Sorry to be smiling at your expense, but it is just priceless that those dag gone hrm aggravate you sooooo. LMAO! Please don't be mad:p

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did CC#1. I always think this one is going to be easy, but it's just as hard as the others. I can really crank my bike to a hard setting so it feels like a leg press.:D Anyways, I didn't get near the calorie burn that Debbie got! I got about 1/2 that in 37 min.:confused: Oh well, I really just wear the hrm to help me stay in my zones that Sean says I should be in.:)

Debbie- I c a n n o t believe you are having problems with this new hrm. It must be some kind of chemistry with your sweat or something weird like that, lol. Do you use a CD player or Ipod? Either could be messing with it.

Toasty- I wondered where you've been? I was worried sick.:p

Suz- How is Chewie today?

Speaking of missing people. Where is Lora? Anyone heard from her?

I'm going to go watch my Chalene Basics DVD and also listen to the audio CD. I also have lots to do today. I need to go get some ProActive, I look like a pizza face lately...WTF?:eek:

The kids are off from school all week and I am loving not having a schedule!:D:D:D I can get up later and workout as long as I like. So today I did all of Amy's Advanced Step Challenge 3, (well, except the Power ups:p), workout was an hour and half and I burned 670 calories!:eek::D:eek::D Loved the stretch at the end she really hits the hamstrings good!

Debbie - Do you wear watches, without any problems? Sorry you HRM acted up already.

Hi All does anyone Remember me?:eek:

Debbie: I am pissed off too. I had to reorder Chalean Extreme workouts, duh. I was told the person who took the order didn't process it right, and here I thought I would be able to start January 1st, duh!

Anywho, missing you guys, as Arnold would say I'll be back:D:rolleyes:

Diane Sue - thanks for the welcome back yesterday! It's nice to be around again.

Debbie - what HRM do you have? I had lots of trouble with mine until I started scrubbing the monitoring pad things after every use - I use a toothbrush and mild soap to clean those and the connectors for the hard piece (sorry - not getting any actual names for things in my head!) I have the soft strap and have to snap this hard thing into it - the soft parts pick up my HR, the hard thing sends it to the watch...it is the Polar F11.

Dallys - thanks for the KB info. I was totally bummed. Our Play It Again carries Cap brand. Then I remembered reading something about Apollo and Cap being the same bell, just with different names. I'll go check them out. I like the idea of the vinyl coating on the others but if I work outside, I would not have to worry so much. You may have saved me some $$ there, young lady!

Debbie: I am pissed off too. I had to reorder Chalean Extreme workouts, duh. I was told the person who took the order didn't process it right, and here I thought I would be able to start January 1st, duh!

How can we forget you?:p That's to bad about the Chalenes, darnit! I'll probably start next week.

ignore me , I'm trying to figure out the multiple quote thingy.

Dallys - thanks for the KB info. I was totally bummed. Our Play It Again carries Cap brand. Then I remembered reading something about Apollo and Cap being the same bell, just with different names. I'll go check them out. I like the idea of the vinyl coating on the others but if I work outside, I would not have to worry so much. You may have saved me some $$ there, young lady!

I hope you can save some money at Play it again. Kb's are so expensive that any savings is a great thing.:)

Char - LMAO! I do get all bent out of shape because of these silly things, don't I?? It just ticks me off to no end, though.

Dallys - I use my mp3 player but have never had issues with it interfering with my HRM's. It's me, I tell you!!!! I must have some kind of electrical current rushing through my body or something. I did have one of our cordless phones on my TM with me so I moved it and that's when it started working. I don't think that was the problem, though.

Linda - I don't wear watches much, but when I do they are fine. I did have an uncle who couldn't wear watches because of some magnetic thing going on in his arm. Maybe I have that in my chest? LMAO!

Teddygirl - Sorry about you not getting that workout. I would have been pissed off too.

Shana - I just got a brand new Sportline SX Combo and it is awesome. My dh got sick of hearing me complain about my Nike HRM so he got me this one with high hopes that it would work for me. LOL! Since it's brand new I don't think the band is dirty. I hear using KY jelly helps, though. I may try that next time I do cardio.

And yea, where is Lora??? I'm surprised she hasn't checked in.

Oh, and I have a question. Who was the founder of this checkin? Anyone know?

Hi all. I'm with you Linda...I like not having a schedule due to vacation :D I already got my workout in. Did IMAX 2. Have tons of other things to do today, one being taking my HRM in where DH bought it to have friend help me program...I started doing my personal settings but need to adjust and not sure how (yes, I read the directions! :p)...I think sometimes buying the more expensive brand just makes it more complicated!

My DS plays in the Holiday Bowl today!

Hope everyone has a good one!

My grandchildren and I have been working on a 1000 piece puzzle. I am afraid it will be missing pieces. We have pulled pieces out of the dogs mouth. The last thing she pit out was a hunk of what looked like cardboard:( This may not be such a good thing.
My workout is done. My granddaughter did some of the workout with me
icon_biggrin.gif
Workout was 10 minutes on the exercise bike for a good w/up, then I did Rumble stopping at the heavy bag. I did some of the weight work from my rotation but omitted what I though hurt my knee. Then I added on 10 minute solution figure 8 workout with Amy Bento tone and chisel. I was going to do a different one but as soon as I picked up a 10 minute solution my granddaughter ran and got herself a figure a tube so I decided I would go with that (she also did B&G abs and the yoga). I finished off with Tracey Staehle's yoga solutions for 43 minutes.
Workout went like this:
Butts and Guts
firewalkers with purple dynaband
ball roll in
glute squeeze
Slow and Heavy
Deadlifts 3 sets 8reps 35# dummbells
Dumbbell overhead press 3 sets 8reps 20# dumbbells
Dumbbell Rows 3 sets 8 reps 20# dumbbells
incline chest press using the Bowflex 3sets 8 reps 30# resistance ea. hand
I added the Cable wood chops with the Bowflex 40# 3 sets 8 reps left then right
Butts and Guts abs with stability ball
Amy Bento 10 minute solution with Cathe's heavy blue 8 tubing

I need to get back to working on my workout room. My granddaughter already started moving some things out of the closet for me:D

Debbie, sorry you are having problems with you hr monitor. Mine acts up sometimes. It is the Polar F11 like Shana has. I wipe the transmitter off where it snaps on after every workout and every other day I wash the strap in the washing machine on handwash cycle.( like Shana says it has the stuff in it that picks up the hr. It makes me crazy. I also have to pull it up as tight as I can or it won't pick up well. Most of the time it works fine though. I hate wasting time with something that is not working too:(

Teddy, that is too bad that BeachBody messed up your order. That happened to me a couple of months ago when I ordered the Tony One on One Road Warrior. I had to call them twice. The first time they said it had shipped. I had ordered express shipping:mad: Then 2 weeks later I called and they decided to ship another one which I had in two days.
I would think they would expedite it since it was their fault.

Charlotte, I don't know why people think when we are at home that we have nothing to do. I am busy constantly. Granted I watch the grandchildren but even when they aren't here there is more than enough to keep me busy and lots I would like to have time for:)

Hi Peeps!

Toasty - I was wondering what happened to you!

I'm so envious that everyone has their workouts done. Me? Nope! I swear I need to force myself when I'm off work. I started cleaning this morning and now DH wants to go eat so I must jump in the shower. Then we have to go grocery shopping b/c we don't have a thing in the house. I guess it's another late workout for me.

Nice job on the workouts you guys. Sheesh!!!! Such motivation. :) I do have that little doggie to watch (I've attached a new pic of him and Amber) too which has deralied my plans to be better this week about getting my workouts done early. If I didn't work I would have to make rules for myself, I swear!

Okay, last night's workout was legs and since it was so late, I didn't do cardio. DANG IT!

Leg Press
8r 8r x 2
150# 180#

Calf Press
8r 8r x 2
150# 180#

Leg Extensions
10r 6r x 2
100# 110#

Ab Situps lying down on bench
20/20/20

Bulgarian Split Squats
10r 8r 8r
40# 45# 50#

Lying Leg Curls
45# x 3

Lying Back Extensions
3 sets of 15

Squats
105# 3x10

Today is chest and back.

Off to eating and shopping. Hope you all are having a great day!

Attachments

• AmberChooChoo.jpg
    AmberChooChoo.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 12
Ya'll missed me? How sweet to be missed. Not going anywhere...just everywhere for now. Sometimes life hands over everything at once and we must surrender. hehe

Been thinking and wondering how Lora must be doing too. I got a feeling she is feeling on top of the world with her new beau. I hope she is well and happy.

I'll be back tomorrow posting and chatting. Today still terribly busy.

Bionics,

I have not forgotten. I swear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p

I just finished eating the last of my Xmas dinner. I had dressing, greens and mac & cheese NO meat, feeling heavy and moving slow :eek: Man oh man, I can't wait to get back too me:D :cool::D

Guess what? I am starting my workout tomorrow, Yahoo! My son came over last week and set up my TV and DVD player I never even test to if everything is cool, will tonight.

Toasty: Hey woman, been missing your post.:D I been wondering about Lora too.

Debbie: Thanks:)

Diane: I don’t like dealing with companies who can’t get it right the first time. I’m still waiting for the payment to hit my checking acct today. This is scary!:eek:

Dallys, Linda ;) Suz ;) Sonya;), and Shana;) Hello. I hope I haven’t missed anyone, if so, Hi there!

I’ll see you guys on the workout floor!

I thought I would check back. I finally got my workout room re organized. I threw away some vhs workouts. Even threw away MIS which I hav hung onto forever LOL I replaced all of those videos a long time ago. Got rid of a lot of the childrens too since they don't watch a lot of that stuff. Got rid of the ab roller:eek: It has been in the back of the closet forever. I cannot believe how much junk I had in there. Anyway it will be like working out in a new space:D

Debbie, I hope you can figure that hr monitor out.

Suz, Chewie is so cute. If I got another doggie it would be smaller. When we go on vacation it is really hard to find someone to watch two large dogs. I never thought about that before. Now I just mostly want to stay home. I am afraid of putting them in some kennel for long. They are used to being part of the household. Generally I can get a family member to watch at least one.

Teddy, I was at dd's who did Christmas dinner. She was trying to get me to take some food home:eek: I said know throw it away. I don't mind the turkey though. I can do a lot with that. DH went to see a friend and came home with a bunch of chocolate candy. Now what am I going to do with that.

Charlotte, I think we all wonder what happened to Lora. I miss all of her reviews on the new stuff. I do hope whatever decision that she made was the right one and that she is happy.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.