Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Oct 4

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Full Body Sculpt off of the Kickbox Challenge DVD. I used practically double the weights she used for most exercises. There were a few shoulder exercises I had to drop my weights down on. I really felt this workout in my shoulders (burning) and outer and inner thighs. I'm happy about the inner/outer thighs as I don't target them enough with floorwork. I then followed this (since it wasn't a real calorie burner) with about 15 minutes of the Kickbox Challenge workout.

This was a decent functional fitness type of weight workout. I felt it lacked in some areas but it makes a nice addition and compliments other workouts well, as it works different muscles. A lot of exercises were done balancing on one leg or the fitness ball to work your core. It had shoulder and bicep exercises I've never done before. The leg work is done lying down with a dumbbell on your leg and legs up on the fitness ball. Tracey is a good, non-annyoying instructor and is very professional. I like her. (My abs did not feel worked from that small amount in this workout).

I only did a bit of the kickboxing, but from what I did, I really liked it. The part I did was different enough to not be the same old same old....but easy enough to catch on easily. She intersperses higher impact moves e.g. jumping jacks, jump rope....but I also added plyo hops to moves, propulsion, etc. to make my HR climb higher. It's enough to do this with the workout. She does a move called the spider where (sort of like a total body toning move) you go down on your legs and arms (sort of like a table pose) and keep flipping from looking up at the ceiling to looking down at the floor. It's hard to explain. I've never seen anything like it so it does have some innovative stuff thrown in.

I'll probably do all or part of the Core one on Friday. I'll see how I feel after I preview that one. Fifty minutes seems like a long ab workout. Tracey is an instructor I think we can look forward to seeing a lot of good advanced workouts from. I guess she'll be filming again soon. I like having Amy Bento, Cathe, Mindy and now Tracey for variety and of course I'll always like Beachbody products.

Have great workouts everyone. I'll try to check in later from work.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Yesterday I rode my bike 14 miles. Today will be strength training and abs. Will post workout later today. Working out to the tunes of Stone Sour.

Have great workouts!

Charlotte~~

Stone SOur--sweet! I have to ask, does anyone like that song from Hinder, Lips of an Angel? It sounds so 80's, I love it.

ANyway, thanks for the reviews Lora. Those sound good. I am really interested in how the ab one is. That's great about your CD's! What a miracle!

I have no idea what I am doing today. I ate such crap yesterday, no will power, which is odd since I have been so good. I ate a couple mini chocolate doghnuts and a couple cookies?!?!? Oh well, today is another day. I need to figure out a rotation. I like it much better when it planned for me. Check back later when I figure it out.

Thank you everyone for your compliments yesterday! Great feeling!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

New pics added in family album!!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar072/slider-but3/lb/203/145/148/.png[/

Meaghan, never heard of it. I may have to download it. Weird, I'm an 80's fanatic and don't remember that song.

Charlotte - what did I say about your cardio girl? You are burning up all your muscles. :)

Today is another rest from cardio. My knee is 100% better but I don't want to push it. That pain was not a good pain. It scared me, actually.

Have great workouts, everyone! I'll be back later...

Megadoo - I like Lips of An Angel for a slower song. I really liked the first single by Hinder ....don't know the name ...but the one that the chorus went "go on and get stoned".....and NO, I didn't like it for those lyrics!!! LOL. I actually put in on the Walmart List for the DH a few weeks ago, but vacation was looming. Hopefully we'll get it this week. I like the lead singer cuz he's intense. I love intense, passionate people. Good luck with figuring out a rotation. I'm going to try to wait until Cathe puts one out with the new DVDs in it!! (maybe)

Charlotte - I just emailed you from work ....finally.

Debbie,

I know. I have to get out and bike though as it makes me feel good. Just did 14 miles. On the start is mostly decline..don't even pedal...just enjoy the scenary...3 hills to climb and steady incline back. I probably burned as much as I do when I work with weights. Just a guess. Got to get the hrm though to know for sure.

Charlotte~~

Hey Maniacs! Today is Yoga X.

I'm fighting the #'s game this week. I have lost maybe a couple of Lbs. and I'd like to lose about 4-5 more. My body fat analyzer has ranged from 17+% to 16% always different everyday, but danged if it'll read lower than this. I'd like to get that down to about 14%-15% (I just want to see the frigging #'s). Thing is my body is really "looking" like it's lost body fat. Even my DH says the "Keep it up hon, lookin' hot" comments. Why aren't the scale and fat analyzer telling me the truth, they are just lying to me and torturing me. LOL! I know, I know, Throw them out the window or hit them with a hammer! The mirror is your only friend. Anyone else go through the dreaded #'s game?

lora, thanks for the review of Tracey's workout. I just have 0 interest in all these new instructors for some reason. There was a day I would hop all over it, and buy all of them. I'm also glad you got the CD's back. That luck right there.

Toasty, Great bike ride. Any dogs chase you? I haven't been on my in weeks! I hate the cold mornings and then there's the busy streets in the afternoon. Probably an excuse. LOL!

Meg, a couple of mini doughnuts and a couple of cookies isn't that bad. Full size might have put you in the red zone though. LOL!
I did hear(actually watched the video) the Hinder song and really
liked it. I love the big hair bands too.

Debbie, I think your knee will be fine. You are being really smart.

Diane Sue, have a great workout.

Hi to everyone! Where are some of you?

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Dallys & Megadoo - I (of course) like the lead singer's tattoos. Speaking of videos.....the Buckcherry Forum states they just filmed 2 videos...one for Crazy Bi#@! and one for Next to You. I guess their new record label backed it.........so hopefully they'll be on MTV or VH1 soon. Fingers crossed!!! Come back to Cleveland or Youngstown boys!!! The DH said I'm "not allowed" to go to Columbus without him and he won't go. Old fart!!! He told me to act my age. I don't think so!!

MMMMM, What am i going to do today.
Glad i w/o at home cause all these veggies are givin me gas....
Would be a little embarrasing.
I am probably going to do upper body tonite.

I did lower and didnt have the strength for upper and the legs are a little sore, so . I guess it is definitely upper something.
Did 1 hour on the treadmill and the inclinne and leg work has me a littttttle sore.

I am getting on that treadmill too. I am trying not to eat at night.
I was really hungry last night. Cauliflour fills you up for about an hour, but i am going to drop the last 15lbs if it kills me.
Randy enjoy the offff day....
Diane Sue, can i have your energy?
Char,25 miles on that bike and no less..
Laura, sound a little less stressed this week.
Meag, you look hot mama....
( I am proud of you)

Someday , when i have the guts i will show you me 2 1/2 yrs ago. It is embarrasing.

You guys are rolling again today.
Check in later when i have some time.
My foil is late....She is going to really mess up my schedule today.

Talk later,
Anne

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne,

PU!!!! lol. Fish and eggs keeps everyone away from me, when I eat that. lol. Had to share..could not resist. lol.

Yup, the body fat monitor has been known to tell lies. Your right. It will pay off for you Anne if you refrain from eating too late. Trust me. That is the key. JMHO.

I am gonna cut back my bike rides again. I am trying to do 2 things at once and it is not working. I got to gain more mass...eat more and less cardio to keep muscle. I just love biking though, not so much for cardio, but for my mental state. Just feels like you went for a massage or something...so refreshing and relaxing to be one with nature, ya know? Didn't mean to get all mushy. lol.

Pictures really show how far you have come. Just remember that. I think the farther you've come, the more of an animal you are. JMHO again. Well I am off to do my own workout. Be back later to post it.

Have a nice day ladies!!!

Charlotte~~

I finished my workout. I started with Turbo Jam Punch Kick & Jam stopping at the tubing segment, then put in Kick Punch & Crunch and did the intensity drills, and combination#1, Gym Style Back, Shoulders, & Biceps, Amy Bento's Stretch#1. I felt a little weak on some areas today. I did not sleep well so think that may have had something to do with it.
Reverse Grip Rows 25# dumbbells
One arm row 35# dumbbell
Band T back squeeze green band(sometimes I use the purple here)
Barbell Pullovers 45#
Dumbbell Overhead press 15#
Dumbbell lateral raise 15#
band lateral/front raise green
dumbbell rear fly 12#
band rear delt fly green
Barbell Curls 45#
dumbbell curls 10#
dumbbell concentration curls#1 15#
dumbbell concentration curls#2 3 reps 25# dropped to 20 so matched it on both sides
Dumbbell curl up,wrist curl lower down 15#
Dumbbell hammer curls started with 20# did 6 and dropped to 15#
Dumbbell wrist curls 12#

Lora, I am pleased too that they have some other good advanced instructors to add variety.

Randi, enjoy your off day.

Meaghan, I agree, a couple of small donuts are not going to hurt much. When I do that I just do a more intense calorie burning cardio.

Debbie, I am glad that your knee is all better. I know I try to be careful with things that I do, like my daughter says if I break myself it can't always be fixed. And at my age I know bones would not heal so well.

Charlotte, I know so much cardio is suposed to be counter productive.
It just makes me feel good. I guess it's all of those endorphins.

Dallys, I hate doing the #'s game. I go through times where I will watch bodyfat and get out the scale a few times. I just mostly use the mirror. I can tell when I am carrying extra water or am eating poorly. Last time I really focused on BF was when I did P90X. I did get out my digital caliper a couple of months ago just to check. You know I get curious once in awhile.

Hi to everyone

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/3.gif

I'm with you Diana Sue on the endorphins. I love cardio cuz it helps my pain also. It sort of heats your body up internally.

Forgot to mention this morning that I got my Saucony Crosstrainers - black/purple. They are really nice. I love them. They are light weight and have good lateral support and are mid height so they give ankle support also. Not quite as cushiony on the bottom as the running shoes I have but it's enough. I think this is my new brand! Love their shoes. The fit is great.

Finished workout. My arms are trembling.

3 Sets:

CG UH Chins
8/7/6 1/2

Barbell Chest Press
65#/12
70#/4
75#/2;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Leg Extensions (I screwed up...was suppose to be Hamstring Press and did Leg Extensions instead. My brain is not working today)
75#/12
80#/8
85#/5

Upright BB Rows
40#/12
45#/8
50#/5

Barbell Curls
50#/12
55#/8
60#/5

Pullovers
35#/12
45#/8
50#/4

Deadlifts
90#/12
100#/8
110#/5

NOTE: My weakness is in my shoulders and chest..no doubt. I am trying to make strength improvements in those areas but have been stuck. On the brighter side, legs are getting stronger.

Will do abs while making dinner. What to have???? Hmmm. Turkey Burgers?

Charlotte~~

I just finished watching Oprah. I still have abs to do. Anyone see Oprah today? About suicide attempts. Girl laid on train tracks and lost her legs. She had gotten raped and some other issues and felt like life was not worth living anymore and now she is stronger and better then before. Made me cry. Next was a boy who tried to blow his head off and still survived even though he lost most of his face. Then the news comes on about the amish kids. I cannot stop crying. I am making my turkey burgers now.

Charlotte~~

After seeing some picturetrails, WOW. You ALL look great. Diane Sue, I want your hips! That is my biggest problem area (literally). Upper body, not much fat, hips and butt, need some help from a friend. That's some dedication.

Today is cardio. Did something to my foot on Sunday while running, so I'll lay off that today and probably hit Imax 3. Low on energy though. Hardest part is getting started, after that, my nrg will be up.

Hello to you Maniacs!!

I know I've been MIA...just have had a heck of a time getting on here between being ill and away from work and just being busy at work.

When I say sick, I just mean that I've got some voice issues and probably have some sort of chest cold. I feel quite good most of the time except for when I have my coughing attacks at bedtime.

This morning I ran 7.5 miles and then did chest...

Debbie - sorry to hear about your knee, but glad it's better. What kind of shoes are you running in?

Lora - Excellent review on Tracey's workouts. Makes me want to look into them, but I'm waiting on Cathe's for now. Glad you like your new shoes...I got new running and workout shoes this weekend as well.

Megadoo - Don't worry bout them donuts...we all have our days!

Toasty - You know how I feel about cardio...If I didn't do it, I'd look like a she-man!! Sounds like you've been seeing some pretty emotional TV....sometimes things can really be hard to understand, but I think there's always a purpose and a meaning to all that happens...sometimes much more than our minds can comprehend. Turkey burgers sound wonderful!!

Dallys - I can understand about the #'s game. Stopped playing that one a long time ago...did more harm than good for me. Hang in there....if you and your dh are seeing results in the mirror, that's all that matters.

Anne - Ahhhh the convenience of a home gym...wouldn't trade it for the world!!

Diane Sue - Hmmmm....can't tell you're feeling weak by looking at that workout...whatever!!

Goldenrun358 - Yep, the hardest part is starting...but once you get goin....it's all good!! Love IMAX 3!!

Have great evenings!

~Marietta
http://graphics.GlitterMaker.com/6/875/115861329517270.gif
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.