Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Wed Dec 26

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Cathe's 4D - Upper Body Circuit. Workout was 74" and I burned 488 calories. I feel like I strained something in my right trap/leveator scapulae area. Might have been from tricep dips or tricep pushups, as those seem to aggravate my injury. I lifted as heavy as possible....but for some reason, it didn't feel heavy enough, but when I tried to lift heavier, I either couldn't hoist the weight up or I felt improper form coming on. Not sure how good of a workout I got.

No time for yoga today, as I have an early morning hair appt and I have to run out to the store.

Have great workouts everyone.

Well, this morning I'm getting back on track. I cannot eat any more junk food. My body feels HORRIBLE and I have a huge sugar headache. No more. We are going out Saturday for dinner and a movie and I will even try to eat sensibly then. I can't take anymore. Abs are fluffy and bloated. I hate seeing myself this way.

I hope everyone's Christmas was good. Mine was excellent. I'm sad it's over, actually. DH spoiled me with lots of awesome gifts. He's a great shopper and knows exactly what to get me.

Today was total body again. Had a good workout but with only 2 sets I didn't feel like I got an excellent workout.

1 min. rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BACK[/font]
Chins: 8/8 - 5#
[font color=blue]***Got that weighted vest for Christmas! What a difference it made. The vest goes up to 10#. I can't believe what a difference a measley 5# made. Felt awesome![/font]

[font color=indigo]CHEST[/font]
Barbell Bench Press:
100# - 8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt pretty easy. Probably should have gone higher in weight.[/font]

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Squats:
100# - 8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt ok. Should have gone heavier.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Dumbbell Press:
25's - 8/8
[font color=blue]***Should have tried 27's for these. Got to 8 reps without much of a struggle.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
Barbell Calf Raises:
120# - two sets of 8 toes forward/8 toes in/8 toes out
[font color=blue]***Didn't feel much with this. Cathe's calf work is definitely better then straight barbell raises.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Lying Barbell Extensions:
55# - 8
60# - 8
[font color=blue]***These felt very easy.[/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
Cardio & Weights ab work

Hope you all have a great day!

Good Morning
Hope everyone had a good xmas:) Yesterdays workout was Drill Max cardio then 4DS Bootcamp cardio I did sweat buckets:)

Good Morning I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas:) Today I did Seasun's Bosu Blast stopping at the abs then did Amy,s Step Challenge2 quick energy premix skipping the w/up and stretch, I then did Bosu Blast abs and Tracey Staehle's Parts series premix pilates, abs, yoga, and stretch. I have grandchildren coming over so wanted to get done. My granddaughter got a crocheting kit for CHristmas and wants me to teach her to crochet. I have some errands to run too.

Debbie, we recently got a weighted vest that goes to 20#. I really like it for planks. Dh runs on the treadmill with it on. It is a good tool:)

Morning Maniacs,

Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Mine was great!

Oh Debbie, I couldn't agree with you more, enough crap! I feel horrible. I am determined to eat right today and drink plenty of water. Help flush out all this junk!

Today's superset workout left my arms fried!

Back/Biceps
WG Pullup - 2 unassisted/8 assisted
CG Pullups - 2 unassisted/7 assisted
Chins - 3 unassisted/ 7 assisted (what's it take to get better at these)
Barbell Curls
10 50/45# (had to drop half way thru first set, better safe than sorry)
10/9 45#

Back/Biceps
One Arm Rows(palms back)
10/10/10 - 30
Hammer Curls w/ Twist
10/10/10 - 20's (left forearm was screaming by third set)

Back/Biceps
Incline Pullovers
12/12/12 - 40
Reverse DB Curls
12/12/12 - 15's

Forearms really felt this workout!

Have a great day!

Linda

Afternoon all.
How was everyones x-mas??
Have fun. My house is a disaster. They ate a whole ham and turkey. I was pretty good. I ate very little.I ate more shrimp coctail than anything else..

I slept in today. Forgot to set the alarm so tonite is Legs..
What?? I will decide when i get home..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

[font size=4][font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font color][/font size]

M1: Banana Cream BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Grilled Garlic Chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Turkey patty; small salad w/Zesty Italian dressing
M6: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1736.5 calories
64 g. fat - 33%
163 g. protein - 37%
130 g. crabs - 30%
[/font]

Have an atrocious headache that seems to be getting worse. Probably going through chocolate withdrawal!

Linda - You'll get it with the pullups. Keep at them.

Debbie - Ah, yes the sugar withdrawal headache. I know those all to well. Mine hasn't hit yet but I am sure it's coming, I haven't had any sugar today!:7

Linda

Hello Peeps!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. My mom, DH (and his daughter), sister and her SO came over. Then my dad arrived at 8:30pm. Of course my mom was loooong gone, thank goodness! It was soooo good to see my dad. At first he looked really sad. But he seems well. He told DH that he's going to go to the senior center in his town and start playing bridge in tournaments! I guess they used to do that. He said he needs to get out and meet people. I'm shocked! Happily. He said he's going to go back home after he leaves here and finish his house (finally!) and sell his RV and his boat (the sailboat that he built and they lived on for 11 years, sailing all over the world - oh so many memories, I'm sure). He even said that he might consider moving out here! Even if he doesn't, just for him to get out and meet people would make me so happy! These things are all huge. He's actually making plans for his life now. Anyway, he's here until the 6th. :)

I just finished CC Press Play. I think that's the hardest one. I should have used Albuterol b/c I couldn't breathe.

Debbie - I'm right there with ya on the eating. I'm feeling pretty disgusted too. I just can't believe my eating lately. I won't eat all day just because I know I'm going to eat junk at night. Real healthy plan. :) I swear the other night I felt like I had the flu, but it was just b/c my body was full of toxins I think. Because I ate so much crap yesterday I had half a Carnation Instant Breakfast this morning before I headed out to shop and then had the second half before my workout. It's 2:45pm and we're going out to dinner with my sis at 6 so I'm not sure what I'm going to do between now and then. But I'm going to have a chicken soft taco (Mexican Rest.) and that's it - okay maybe a few chips!

Diane Sue - How fun that you get to pass on your craft to your GD. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Good evening ladies! It sounds like everyone had a great holiday! :) I got a new computer from Santa ;)

I meant to do this workout on Monday, but the gym closed at 2 ... and I got there at 3

CHEST:
Lifecircuit Chest Press: 886p/1240n, 768p/1068n, 798p/1112n
The postive/negative numbers represent the total poundage per 12-rep set.

BB Incline Press: 12x50, 12x55, 6x55/6x50
I am slowly inching the weight up on this exercise. On the 3rd set, I went to failure at 55lbs and did a Samurai Break It is easier to do that on the incline.

SHOULDERS:
Trotter Shoulder Press: 12x50, 8x50/6x40, 6x50/6x40
I am getting stronger on this

Nautilus Lateral Raise: 12x60, 12x65, 12x70

TRICEPS SS:
W-bar Reverse Tricep Pushdown: 3x12x50
I am increasing on this next week

Trotter Tricep Pushdown: 12x115, 8x110/4x100, 12x100
My triceps are officially toast

CARDIO:
Treadmill: 25 minutes, hills, inclines up to 7, 3.6 mph

Legs tomorrow!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.