Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Tuesday Aug 5

lorajeannec

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party & Strike Zone. My HR stayed really low. Didn't have a very good workout.....so I'll count this as my "recovery" day and try to work out hard the rest of the week, unless my body doesn't cooperate again and takes another rest day on its own.

Have great workouts.

Deb - did you get my Avon order?

Good morning maniacs. Didn't get home till after 10 last night from my second job. Tired this morning. But, I am doing KPC when I get home. I was supposed to do LIC cardio, but I am in the mood for kickboxing today! Def looking foward to it. KPC abs are good to!

Lora- sorry you felt your WO wasn't good. I bet it was better for you then you think! Have a nice day.

Fogot to say that my knee feels fine. Guess a good rest was what it needed. Especially since I sit on my butt all at my day job hehe.

Teddy- yes it is a good feeling to feel the diff in myclothes. Still got more to lose, but very encouraged and I feel so much better since I stopped eating junk. Amazing huh?! Good luck when you step on that scale the end of the week. I am going to TRY to not step on it again till Frid morning. I am an everyday scaler, so we will see! You cracked me up about "enjoying that wine"!!

This week and next I'm going to do two upper body workouts and a lower body workout. I chose Muscle Max Upper Body Only premix today. At first I thought doing the exercises only once wasn't going to be enough. I was wrong. This is a great workout. I love how Cathe puts the exercises together.

CHEST
Pushups:
2 sets/12 reps
***Used the Perfect Pushup things.

Dumbbell Flyes:
25's - 12 reps - 2/2 count

Dumbbell Flyes w/Inner Squeeze:
25's - 10 reps - 2/2 count

***These 2/2 counts kill me.

BACK
Barbell Rows:
50# - 2 sets/15 reps
***Good weight for this many reps.

One Arm Rows:
30# - 8 reps different counts

Pullovers:
35# - 10 reps - 4/4 count
***This slow count really got me. Felt a great burn in my upper back.

SHOULDERS
Standing Lateral Raise:
15's - 1 set/12 reps
12's - 1 set/12 reps

Lateral Raise w/Band:
Green
***Excellent burn here.

Dumbbell Upright Rows:
15's - 2 sets/12 reps - 2/2 count

Barbell Front Raise/Rear Delt Squeeze:
25# - 2 sets/7 reps
***I love this exercise. Really felt it everywhere.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
45# - 1 set/8 reps - 4/4 count
45# - 1 set/6 reps - 4/4 count
***The 4/4 count got me but I think I could have done 50#.

Dumbbell Partial Curls:
12's - Tons of half reps.

TRICEPS
Seated Overhead Press:
25# - 10 reps - 2/2 count
superset w/
Bench Dips:
BW - 4 slow/10 fast
***Did this twice through. Triceps were screaming.

Kickbacks w/Band:
Green band
***Good burn but I hate kickbacks.

That is all....

Really love doing these workouts again. It's a nice change for my body.

Lora - Yes I did. I thought I pm'd you back? I'll get you a total soon.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is my cardio day so either 18 mile bike ride or elliptical..depends on humidity as it was hot yesterday, but humidity was down.

Bobby is doing better and healing good. He goes for his scans this friday to show nothing will be found. lol.

Lora,

Great workout even if you don't think so.

Meg,

Glad your knee is feeling better.

Debbie,

Great workout!!!! Will have to do a rotation together again soon.

CHar- glad to hear Bobby is doing better. And I agree with you about those scans!! lol

Deb- isn't cool how you forget how awesome and fun Cathe WO's are once you have been away from them for awhile? I love it!

Good Morning

Toasty: Glad DH is recovering. 18 miles, how long does that take?

Debbie: Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I got a good night rest, only woke twice. I didn't want to get out of my bed this morn, so rested :p I laid there as long as I could. Finally got, me butt in gear! I did CC#8 workout it was so…so…I struggled big time:eek:.

Here’s me stats::rolleyes:
4 miles travelled
436 calories burned (last time I did this workout burned closes to 500 cals):mad:
58:36 minutes

Tonight, I plan to do BM2 upper body, not sure if I’ve time for doubles I shall see, bbl.

Morning ladies!

Today I did a total body circuit - lots of fun. I also did lots of ab work

Circuit - I did 3 times

ball squat on wall - 15 reps
stationary lunges - 50 lb BB 15 reps
plie squat - 20# DBs 15 reps
chest press - 20# DB 15 reps
lat pull down - tubing - 15 reps
bent over DB row - 25s - 15 reps
shoulder press - 8lb DBs - 15 reps
incline rear delt raise - 5 lbs 15 reps
bicep DB curl - 15s - 15 reps
tricep dips - 15
trice extensions - 8 lb 15 reps

hanging leg raises 10 reps
ball crunches - reverse crunches and pike

Hey guys - what determines if you are a catheite or a cathelet?

Also, have any of you used the other software - the calendar and stuff?

Ally,

I dunno about the catheite stuff...but I hate being a "newbie" now. hehe.

Teddygirl,

Looks like rain is a comin' so I decided to watch the Bucket List with my son while I am on elliptical. Gotta go ice my neck again.

Good Morning

Toasty: Glad DH is recovering. 18 miles, how long does that take?

Debbie: Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

I got a good night rest, only woke twice. I didn't want to get out of my bed this morn, so rested :p I laid there as long as I could. Finally got, me butt in gear! I did CC#8 workout it was so…so…I struggled big time:eek:.

Here’s me stats::rolleyes:
4 miles travelled
436 calories burned (last time I did this workout burned closes to 500 cals):mad:
58:36 minutes

Tonight, I plan to do BM2 upper body, not sure if I’ve time for doubles I shall see, bbl.

Teddygirl,

How many mph were you traveling? If my music is super freaky, I can hang with 10-12 for a bit, but since I will be watching the Bucket List with my son today..who knows. lol.

Morning Maniacs! This morning I did a 25 min. hill climb on my mt. bike, then I did a mile on flat road doing standing intervals in my hardest gear. Great workout in 35 min.! I plan on doing Slim Series Firm it Up after work.

I have Rob (baby robin) in a big dog cage with a perch and everything, and dh took the nest out of the tree for him (he likes to stand on it) and I've been putting him out on the patio so he can hear all the other robins talking (hoping they all get familiar with each others voices and they accept him when he's let go[fingers crossed]). Internet says they are not fully self sufficient until they are 5 weeks old and that only 25% of Robins make it :eek:. So, looks like we have another couple of weeks before we let him go. We still have to hand feed him and he's not eating anything from the ground yet. How we got ourselves into this...I'll never know. But, we are determined that he will survive in the end.:)

Later, gotta go hand-feed myself and Rob.

Hey guys - what determines if you are a catheite or a cathelet?

Also, have any of you used the other software - the calendar and stuff?

It has to do with how many times you've posted. They even have something like TriCathlete for the mega posters! LOL!

I haven't used any of the software because none of it seems to work for me yet.

Yes! we had a great time. We hike Alta and saw the most beautiful wild flowers. Park City was having the art festival and that was a lot of fun. I bought a really neet purse and the artist signed it.

Hey Peeps!

So I'm finally here. I swear I went back and forth with the Cathe people trying to get my right e-mail and password so that I didn't have to start all over as a "newbie" but never could get it figured out. I know I had the right e-mail address b/c they still send me stuff there and I've sent them every password and username I've ever used. Oh well. They finally quit e-mailing me back. :( So I caved.

Today I did bi's and tri's. I'm on a break from my bike :( that started Sunday b/c of a knee issue. I've never had knee trouble in my life until this season. I see the sports medicine doc on Thursday for a follow up on my shoulder and I'm going to talk to him about that and how to rehab it to get back on the bike ASAP. I'm SO BUMMED b/c I was supposed to do a 62.5 mile ride on Sunday and I won't be able to do it now. It starts to hurt pretty bad 5 miles into my rides.

Still no migraines since my big bike crash on May 23rd. Yesterday my neurologist said that I could cut back my daily Topamax from 200mg a day to 150mg and see what happens. I'm SO excited about that!!!

Char - I was so sorry to read about your DH but so happy to see that things seem to be going well. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Glad to be back with you all. I've missed you!

Meals for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (post workout)
M3: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: 2 oz. turkey on 1 slice 12 grain bread; 2 tbsp. raw almonds; pickles, necatarine
M5: Turkey taco salad (I forgot my cheddar cheese dammit!)
M6: 4 oz. 96% ff beef patty; sauteed veggies w/ 2 tsp. parm cheese
M7: 1 slice 12 grain bread w/ 2 tbsp. power pb & 1 tbsp. low sugar raspberry jam

1663 calories
48 g. fat - 26%
154 g. protein - 37%
144 g. carbs - 35%

Not too happy with this breakdown but I sure am looking forward to M7!

Suz - Hi girl! I couldn't get my old name either. Pissed me off. Now I'm a new user again. Seriously, how hard is it to update stuff like that on a new forum? Boggles my mind. I like your new name, though!

Meals for today:

M1: on whey protein and oats - pre work out
M2: on whey protein and milk - post workout
M3: turkey wrap on light flat out, tomato, cucumber, almonds
M4: carb master yogurt
M5: chicken breast grilled, summer squash grilled, and salad
M6: healthy choice fudge bar

Calories - 1678
fat 26%
carbs 33%
Protein 41%

Debbie - what is power peanut butter - do you buy it or make it?

Wow FitnessFreak you did those double troubles with 25's??
Now I have a new goal to shoot for!!

I have to make sure I get my full workout in this week before I leave for the weekend on friday..

Chest:
pushups X 3 (staggered counts)
Incline Flys 3 X 10
BB Presses 3 X 4-6

Shoulders:
Arnold Presses 3 X 8
Bent Lat Raises 3 X 8
Front Raises 3 X 8
Rear Delt Flys 5 X 10
Rear Delt Presses 3 X 8

Tri's:
Lying DB Extensions 5 X 6
Close Pushups X 2

Ab's

Cardio:
Skate practice tonight - 2 hours

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.