Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues June 19

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Prevention's Fight Cellulite Fast - Interval Cardio workout. It was 50" and I burned 350 calories. It had 3 different levels to each interval, but I did the 2 higher ones at a higher level to make it harder. I got an excellent cardio workout. Really enjoyed this as it was mostly basic athletic moves like skaters, boxing, jumps, plyo's, jacks, etc. Still need to fit abs in some time soon.

Have great workouts everyone.

Good Morning, I started the morning with Kelly Coffey's Step Box. I added some resistance to the ab work. Feeding the dogs and then am going back to do Barry's Bootcamp Arms and abs. Hopefully I can get in a short stretch or yoga before taking the grandchildren to VBS.
BBL

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well I did indeed have nightmares last night of a Princess in stockings. LMAO! Bionics will know what I am talking about!

Anyhow, yesterday was extremely busy. Took FIL down to cancer center. Was not the right day. Seems like someone told him the wrong day and we have to go back this Thursday at 1! Right at lunch time. Sucks. He is not doing well now. Already called hubby last night and experiencing pain now. He is looking more frail very fast. My hubby's brother has still not called and hasn't called since we moved in our new house. I have "words" for him. x( Anyhow, I got a call yesterday from work and I went in last night. It was fun. No effort and I CANNOT believe people eat that food!!!!!! I seen what they do with it and I just looked at the food as if it were worse then dog food to eat. So I got another job offer from the grocery store to work in deli for $8/hr which is alot more then I am making now so I meet with a lady on Weds about that.

I am gonna work chest/back/abs today.

This morning was Angulars. Had another great day of energy and had an excellent workout. 1 minute rest between each set. 2 minute rest between each body part:

Chest
Incline Flyes: 32's - 3 sets/12 reps (Up 2#)
Decline Flyes: 30's - 3 sets/15 reps (Up 5#)
Pushups: 20/20/18 - (was really happy with this. Last week I did 20/17/15)

Legs
Leg Extensions: 55# - 4 sets/20 reps
Hamstring Curls: 45# - 20/20/19/16 (Up 5#)

Shoulders
Lateral Raise: 17's - 3 sets/12 reps (Up 2#)
Barbell Front Raise: 25# - 2 sets/15 reps (Up 5# and these BURNED!)
Bent Over Lateral Raise: 15's - 20/16 (Up 2# and these also BURNED!)

Triceps
Kickbacks: 12's - 3 sets/12 reps (I hate kickbacks)
Overhead Tricep Extension: 27# - 1 set/15 reps; 30# - 2 sets/15 reps (Up 5#)

I'm really liking this rotation. Very challenging.

Char - I want to know about the dream! LMAO! Sorry to hear about your FIL, that has got to be hard on you. :( Good luck with the deli job. I'd barf working for a fast food place!

Hope you all have a great workout!

I finished my workout. Eating some Kashi go lean with protein powder and light soy milk. I have to hurry and get showered. I did Barrys BC Arms & Abs(these workouts sure do throw in the pushups) then I did BOSU blast abs & str, and Amy Bento Abs and Stretch str #1. Got to go to VBS and take Puddle for a nail trim then back to VBS:)

Charlotte, so sorry to hear about your fil. I hope things work out for you with the job interview tomorrw.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs! Going for a walk in just a bit. Yesterday evening we went for a Mtb. ride up in the canyon. It was in exactally the same area that that bear killed a 11 year old boy Sunday night. We knew that the bear had been killed earlier that day, but YES, I was still a touch nervous about it. :0 It was a rare incident in that area, so hopefully it was just a rouge bear.

Char- Stockings and Doves were in my dream. White skin and red lipstick too! ROFLMAO!!! The HORROR!

Diane Sue- have fun with the kids today.:)

Debbie- Great workout! You are definitely ahead of me in weights. Oy!

Lora- My cardio might sound extreme, but really it's not to bad. If I can't get some cardio in for that day, I don't worry. Mostly want to get in the circuits and keep up my Mtb. fitness so some rides are just a short climb. Mtb. is zero fun if you start to slack on keeping in shape. So, if you do the rotation, just do the cardio she suggests...you know...at 85% for 50 min.!!!!!! LOL!

Gotta run,,,er walk. Gots some new shoes to try out.:)

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good Morning All,:)

No workout yesterday, I'm guessing I'm still tired from my grandkids, I tell ya they wore me out. When I got home yesterday, apartment was every bit of 100 degree’s x( immediately turned my air conditioner on laid down and it was over. Am pretty rested today and feeling like me ole self.

This morning, I only did Imax 2:p Tonight, I’m doing legs and glutes Xtreme I can feel the burn now.

Fitness: Your workouts are always awesome, nice work. Who is Angular is that workout DVD?

Toasty: I am really sorry to hear about your FIL, I will keep him and your family in my prayers.

And to everyone else, keep up the excellent work. Back to work arghhh

Teddygirl~

Thanks everyone about FIL. I just seen him this morning. His voice quivers some now and I know it is because of the pain. I wonder how everything will play out. At some point soon he will need a nurse by his side.

Back in from mowing. Taking a break. It is blazing hot. Time to put on bikini top.

Charlotte~~

Hey Ladies - Well, I can't believe I'm typing this, but I don't have a job again. You know how I said I was "ballsy" with the office manager yesterday?? Well, this morning -- this one girl was training me and she was acting all spazzed....and all I said was that it was only my 2nd day and I would get quicker at what I was doing cuz she seemed like she was spazzing. It is so out of character for me to be "ballsy" with people I don't even know......and then to say what I said this morning too.....so I guess it wasn't meant to be cuz they let me go cuz they said I got smart with the staff. Oh well, maybe it wasn't the place for me.

Toasty -good going on the other job offer. Sorry about your FIL.

Lora,

Sorry to hear that. Thanks about FIL.

Done with workout.

Pullovers with 45# db 3 sets/8
Lat Pulldowns 100# 3 sets/6
Bench 75# 3 sets/6
Flyes 25's (just trying not to mess up shoulder as I normally go with 35's)
30 pushups

Charlotte~~

Finished my workout. Did a circuit with 3 sets, 12 reps and no rests.

CG Rows-60#
Stiff leg deadlifts- 60#
Kick butts 1 min.

MG pull downs-80#
Back lunges-20's
Kick butts 1 min.

Low cable rows-70#
Lying hamstring curls-25lbs of ankle weights
Jumping Jacks 1 min.

DB curls while doing kickbutts 1 min.-8's as long as I could, then 5's.
50 bicycles

Concentration curls-15's
Jumprope 1 min.
50 crunches.

workout was 1hr. 3 min. followed by a stretch on my own.

Lora- Sorry about the job.:( But, High five to you for being ballsy.}(
Char- Great workout!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Maniacs,

I'm so busy! Hope you don't get upset, but I'll have to limit my messages to about once a week. It's just too hard to keep up every day.

You all are so inspiring and full of knowledge about health and fitness. I know if I have any questions, you'll help me in a heart beat.

Take care everyone and enjoy your health from day to day.

Your cheer leader,

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Teddygirl - Angulars are exercises that aren't considered "push" or "pulls". I'm doing a rotation from the men's M&F magazine.

Lora - Sorry to hear about your job. :(

Great workouts, everyone! Dallys, I can't believe you lift weights and then do cardio in between. Props to you girl!!! :)

Janie - We are always here. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.