Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday May 15

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Day 2 of Warped Speeed which was cardio. This is the workout:
5 min warmup
Intervals - 1 min high intensity (eg 9-10 perceived exertion)
2 minutes moderate intensity (eg 6-10)
Performed 3 of these intervals and then did,
5 min's very low intensity (2-3/10)
20 minutes moderate intensity (5-6/10)
3 min cooldown

I did the warmup on the Treadmill ...incline all the way and then jumped on the Elliptical for the high intensity drills and TM for the recovery. After the low intensity part, I put my vest on with 8 lbs and alternated fast walking/light jog with punching the heavy bag. I beat the heck out of that heavy bag and it felt sooooo freakin' good. My biceps ended up REALLY scratched up from the vest and punching. They don't feel so good now. My HR got up pretty high punching the bag.....guess I had some pent up anger! I followed this with a 5 minute Cathe Stretch from Imax. Tunes were Seether's Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces and this really fit the bill for how I was feeling. Really got into the lyrics. Total workout was 58" w/ cooldown/stretch and I burned 505 calories. Not sure how quick before I will get burned out from doing non-DVD cardio though.

So far, I'm a bit surprised with this program. I did end up getting sore from it. I don't think my abs would be as sore if I didn't add ab work on though. Amazing that pushups and pullups can get you sore. Maybe Alywn does know his SH$#. We shall see. The scale is down a pound...but it may just be water weight. I haven't really looked at the diet yet, just tightened mine up a bit so far. However, I've been guzzling down the water and taking of advantage of the fact I'm able to cuz I'm out of that HE#@ Hole!!

Ally - if you're interested in doing Warped Speed with me, PM me and maybe we can work something out. I might be able to just get the basics of the workout to you without the explanation. It is basically a combined strength/metabolic program with HIIT cardio. It is designed to keep your HR elevated for 38 hours after your workouts. He specifically tells you to follow it exactly with reps and do NOT do any extra cardio. I felt like it needed added on to.....but he stresses this fact. Alwyn is supposedly known for taking pure fat off without sacrificing muscle. There is a pretty extensive diet included with the program, but it's basically a high protein/low carb diet and he cycles the caloric load with the workout intensity, ie, more carbs on a harder day, less on an easier day....and near zero carbs on your rest day. He also talks about sipping protein drinks during the intense weight/metabolic work which I haven't done yet...but I have been eating eggs the last couple of days for lunch and plan on adding a protein drink in. I doubt I'll be able to follow it closely since I'm a vegetarian. I did buy some of the CLA they recommend taking during the month to aid in fat loss.......I posted a link last night.

Have great workouts everyone.

Almost forgot - I have to call the Temp Agency....as they have a Dental Office that wants to interview me today. I hope it's something that works for me! That would be great. I don't want to be among the unemployed again!

Diane Sue - can you think of anyway to add intensity to Prone Jacknifes.....the move where your feet are on the Stability ball and do pull your knees in towards your chest. Would ankle weights make it harder?

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Thinking of working shoulders today. My legs are pretty fried from yesterday's workouts, but may still get on ellipitical and just put on level 1 instead. Gotta work abs. Cleaning today as I am off today. Last night at work went well. Really like the lady I am working with.

Today I didn't feel like doing cardio at all. So what do I do? I pick the least favorite Cardio Coach of mine! LOL! I did Cardio Coach #5 and had an excellent workout. The reason I don't like this workout much is because the first challenge is 3 intervals of 4 minute hill climbs. I hate hill climbs. But I did them and I did them well. There are 2 other sprint challenges on this one too and I love that part.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]58 minutes
48 minutes in zone
370 calories burned
3.3 miles travelled
[/font]

Good morning,

Yesterday, completed upper body, I did GS tri’s & bi’s and abs.

This morning, I did CC#5.

Cardioi Stats:
58:12 minutes
420 calories burned
3.8 miles traveled

Debbie: LOL good job Great minds think alike, huh!

Tonight, I’m doing legs, either GS legs or L&G Xtreme. I figure it out, more than likely it will be GS this way I can work them hard and heavy, bbl

Good Morning, today I did Amy Bento's In the Ring then I did Amy's Kickbox Extreme Interval premix skipping the w/up and doing the bonus bag work a second time. I am frustrated with this HR monitor. I feel like I wasted a lot of time trying to get it to work right and show a decent HR zone. During In the Ring most of the time it was showing between 111 and 122. It did get up around 130bpm during the more intense med ball intervals. I kept stopping though and trying to adjust it. It had me at 317 calories burned. I forgot to turn it on during the intervals. I looked at it during the bonus bag work and it was between 145 and 163. I worked so hard at trying to get my HR up yesterday that my ankles hurt this morning from all of the jumping etc.. I am going to mess with it a little more then go do abs and some yoga. May be taking it back to the store.

Lora, I have worn my Jolie shoe weights on the pike with the stability ball only because I didn't want to take them off LOL. Really didn't notice a difference. Maybe you could try the one leg ones like Cathe is doing in the STS pictures:) Good luck with the interview. Glad you can have your water and wear whatever polish and scents you want now. Hope the next job is better.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

The job interview stunk. Not a great one......but I just got another interview at Nissan for a Secretary! I hope it's better. Having a protein smoothie and then I'm off for my 2nd interview.

Diane Sue - Maybe you're just in such great shape that you have to work harder to get your HR up!! LOL....just kidding. What kind did you get? A Polar? Get the Mio Ultimate!!

Hey everyone. Feeling pretty good today...got some sleep. I went to do my P90x WO, but my DVD player is not working. So I did Push-Pull (Cathe's) that I had DVR'd a while ago. I had a really good WO. Added some oblique work. THen tried to jump on the TM for a bit, but got 5 min in and it started making a really abnoxious noise. Decided to stop and just have BF look at it later tonight. Sucked tho. I was pumped. I did all that on an empty tummy amazingly for me. So I gotta go eat now.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

I kinda feel like a dummy right now. I bought P90x and I do love it, good WOs, but I feel SO great after doing a full body. Since I am not in as good as shape as before, I feel alot better doing full body. I think I could whip myself back into shape faster doing the full body a couple times a week. After about a month, then I think I will be better off with the X. Anyone have opinions on this?? They are welcome!:)

Maeghan AKA megadoo

~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Did MM and LIS ab work this morning. Then went on elliptical and here are my stats:

Burned 370 (same as you Deb)!
Time: 42 mins
Traveled 5.1 mi
Speeds varied this time. More like I did sprints at times. Beginning stayed with 6mph for the first 20 mins and then picked it up to 10-13 for 5 mins then back down to 8-10 mph.

Gonna work shoulders later. I have cleaning to do as well.

Meg,

Everyone has made their own opinions after trying something. You just do what you think works for you.

I think I know what part of my problem is with the HR Monitor. The strap on the transmitter is not small enough. I had it pulled as tight as it would go. I put a safety pin in it and did 4DSplit Kickbox w/up and kickbox and it was 164 calories not sure if that is right either but my hr did get in the 140s with it. Anyone else do this one with a HR monitor? If so what did you get? I am not sure that I want to safety pin it all of the time. I think I had enough cardio for the day LOL Cardio while messing with that monitor was 1 hr 41 min. excluding the two w/ups:0 Then I did Tracey's Core Blast standing work with weighted gloves and Jolie shoe weights along with 10# med ball and 8# dumbbells, 4 day split Kickbox core 2 times with the gloves and shoe weights on and 5 and 10# dumbbells. Burned 136 calories doing abs. I think that is due to the strap being tighter. Finished with Rainbeau Mars Dawn Bonus yoga segment. Really didn't feel like spending much more time working out. Now I have to decide what to do about this HR monitor. If I take it back to Academy since it was purchased with gift cards I will have to get a Polar F6 or F11 or a Mio classic in pink. That is what they have.

Lora, I bought a Nike Triax C6 Heart Rate Monitor. I thought it would be a good one. I even tried putting a new battery in the transmitter this morning. I was so mad I could see my hr rising just standing there messing with it x( I am expecting my Lush order. Was hoping it would arrive before I bathed. Could use something nice after dealing with that watch.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Just got home from my other interview at Nissan....the hours are 8-6 M-F......yikes! Not sure if they liked me.

Diane Sue - have fun with your Lush. I need me some Lush....but not in the budget now! It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, that kickbox didn't elevate my HR past the 130's to 140's.....unless you really get down low and add some plyo.

Meg - you interested in doing Alwyn Cosgrove's WarpSpeed Fat Loss with me? I could see if I could get the bulk of the workout to you. In my note to Ally (up above) I explain the theory behind it.

Eating a salad and then I have to go grocery shopping.

Lora- I would def be interested in taking a look at it. I need to drop 10 pounds that I have gained. I still have alot of my strength, just have a few extra jigglies where I didn't before. Gotta get back to that. I still want to do the X, but I hate how right now I feel, "Ok, worked my arms, but I need to work my legs and back,but I have to wait a few days...blah blah....." I just loved how I felt after this full body today. I feel I can reach my goal faster with full bodys and alot of cardio. Then I will be ready for a full X rotation. But yeah, send me what you have if you could. THanks.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

~AGAIN~
5/7/08

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: 4 oz. chicken breast in salad w/light Honey mustard dressing and 2 tbsp. sliced raw almonds
M4: 1/2 c. LF cottage cheese mixed w/Chocolate Pro Pudding & 1 tbsp. power pb
M5: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/Parmesan dressing
M6: 2 whole eggs, 3 egg whites

[font color=blue]1645 calories
62 g. fat - 34%
170 g. protein - 41%
99 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

Goin' riding tonight!!! :)

Crashing your thread here to ask Debbie a question - Hope its alright.

Debbie, whats the difference between BSN and ON whey protein powders?

I noticed you use both? I just got some BSN and love them but was just wondering the reason behind having two different kinds of whey protein powders?

I love reading this thread you guys are great !

Meals for today:

M1: 2 Tbsp of protein w/1/2 grapefruit (post workout)
M2: 3 egg white & oatmeal
M3: 3 slices of eggplant w/WW English muffin, swiss cheese
M4: spaghetti (made with ground turkey and wheat pasta) 6 Keebler multi-grain crackers
M5: whey protein shake (pre workout)
M6: turkey patty apple

Afternoon Maniacs,

Was in no mood to workout this morning. There was nothing I could think of that I wanted to do so I mixed things up. I did the w/u and Intensity drills from Kickmax, then did original BC cardio and finished with the blasts and finished combo from LIS. DH is on vacation this week so not allowed on the TM, says it sounds like a freight train. LOL!

Also what is up with some personal trainers (no offense Ally)? I got my dermatologist interested in getting fit, right now she is classified morbidly obese. I hate to say that about her, because I really like her, but it's true. Anyway, she hired a trainer who has her doing 45 mins of cardio in the morning, than 45 minutes of circuits in the evening. And she is not happy about it! You don't take someone who hasn't been doing anything and start training them for competition! He is going to burn her out and she is going to quit. I told her she needed to tell him that it was too much!

Lora - Good luck with the job hunt. Sounds good that you already have interviews!

Have a great evening!

Hi Lora, congrats on the Dentist opportunity! I hope it works out.

I am interested in that work out. It sounds fun.

Lora - I hope the Nissan things works out. They just moved their corporate offices here to Nashville from LA. They have a big presence here.

Hi Linda, Don't know what certification that trainer has, but that is definitely not the right approach, I agree. I have the ACE certification and so much of the study is on motivation and adherence techniques - and that is definitely not the way to get someone to stick to it! She may want to check his credentials. That is good way to get someone injured!

Today - I did the 4DS - bis and tris and then the abs. Was short on time. I am teaching the boot camp class as a sub tonight.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.