Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Jan 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Step Mix for 52 minutes. I burned 350 calories. Had a hard time getting my HR up....until the end when I skipped a step portion and did 2 intervals back to back. Will definitely do this the next time I do the DVD to get my HR higher.

I'm very depressed to the point I don't want to get out of bed or work out. I'm extremely stressed at my new job and I don't think I'm going to be happy there. I haven't worked this hard for a while. I'm always having to stay over and ask other secretaries to help with my work cuz there is too much to get done. Jay makes me so nervous I could puke on him and I'm a bumbling idiot around him. They both seem to not be too happy with me and believe me, the feeling is mutual. I can't take this crap at my age. Life sucks!

Have great workouts. sorry for the negative rant but I'm so upset and have to let it out as I sit here crying and ruining my eye makeup.

GOod Morning Maniacs!!!

I will post my stats from yesterday after I get the sleepies out of my eye. I am still waking up here. Today is Yoga..yippee! Love yoga now. Can't wait. Still have some cleaning to finish. My hubby will be gone all next week so I am depressed as I miss him when he goes so much. Sucks.

Lora,

At this point, maybe you still need to keep looking then for another job. If you are not happy and have given your all and it is still not working, then look elsewhere. You have a right to be happy. I feel your frustration. I worked at the bank last spring and I didn't get too much help at times either and then when I knew what I was doing, no one would let me do it on my own so I left. Sorry you are so upset Lora. Thinking of ya.

Charlotte~~

Well, the plan is cardio, for goodness sake. I am going to start my rotation next week since this week has been so messed up. And I have my niece today and she really is a handful, so not sure how I will get it in. I have to work tonight and really don't want to have wo after. i know I will be tired since I had a hard time falling asleep last night.

I am supposed to walk with my friend today too. My hands are pretty sore this morning. I really want a burn today too, so I am thinking I may try to do jari Love's RTTC today. That one would be easier to do with my niece, since it is easier to take a break if need be from weights then cardio. Have to see.

Char- I HAVE to email you. will in a few.

Lora- I agree with Char. I really wish I was there to lend my shoulder, but you can use my cyber shoulder as much as you need.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hey Ladies
This morning is shoulders and cardio. Class went great last night. Bailey learned how to wait, watch, laydown. She is so smart:) Well she is 10 but she needs to learn this stuff without expecting a treat.

Debbie enjoy your rest day. You deserve it!

Lora I hope things get better for you. I'm sorry that your job is ending up this way. I am praying for you.

Meg what rotation are you starting next week?
Have a great day BBL
Randi

Well, my jaw hurts because i had a short incision face lift a mini one. I am swollen like a monkey. I got like 3 hrs of sleep. My DH slept well,snoring and farting all night....I am just trying to eat. Need to for the pain pills..Haven't seen nothing yet . I am all wrapped up. Ice packs on my head and my B**bs....
I will catch up later. I need to lay down . It is almost pill time.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

I guess it's a bit premature for me to be thinking this way. I will give it a while longer, but if it stays like this, I won't be happy. My DH has already informed me that I have to stay cuz I can't afford to take a job making less money...........so basically, I guess I'm stuck here.....unless I don't make my 90 days probabtionary period. One of the other secretaries said that Ed was on vacation for a while around X-mas and then the secretary left on 12/23 so they didn't have a secretary for a couple of weeks....so maybe things won't be this busy always.....I guess I'll find out. I don't want to continue to not take my full lunch break, come in early and stay late every day and still be overwhelmed.

x( x( x(

Yesterdays workout:

Wide Front Pullups 90# and 8x's (went up from 80#)
Lawnmowers 40# and 10x's (went up 2 in reps)
Twenty Ones 25's and 16x's (same)
One Arm Cross Over 35's and 8x's (didn't get up to 40# db's this time)
Switch Grip Pullups 12x's (same as last)
Elbow Out Lawnmowers 35#'s and 8x's (went up 5#)
Standing Bicep Curls 35#'s and 8x's (went up 5#)
Lat Pulldowns 90# and 9x's
*SUBSTITUTED One Arm Concentration Curls for Cheat Curls (75# bb and 20x's)
Bent Over Reverse Grip 30#'s and 8x's (same)
One Arm Curls 30#'s and 8x's (up 5#)
Static Arm Curls 25's and 16x's (same)
Lat Pulldowns 90# and 6x's
Congdon Locomotives 40#'s and 20x's (up 5#)
Crouching Congdon Curls 20#'s and 8x's (up 5#)
Corkscrew Curls 30's and 8x's (about same)
Lat Pulldowns 90# and 6 1/2x's
Seated Bent Over Back Flyes 15's and 12x's (same)
Curl Up/Hammer Down 30#'s and 6x's
FRYING OUT HERE.....
Hammer curls 30#'s and 8x's (same)
Lat Pulldowns 80# and 12x's
Supermans
In/Out Hammer Curls 20's and 12x's (up 4 reps)
Strip Set: 30#'s 5x, 25#'s 4x, 20#'s 4x and 15#'s 6x

Charlotte~~

Anne,

You still have your sense of humor! Love it! Take a picture of yourself...just kidding! Hope the swelling goes down really fast. You want me to tell you fairie tales before you drift off to sleep???? I got twisted ones too. Let me know. You can have some far out dreams. lol.

Charlotte~~

This morning is cardio, P90X legs and abs. I still have somewhat of a headache. School is closed again today so my grandchildren will be here again. I finally got in my workout yesterday. I did the treadmill for 2.5 miles at a low to moderate pace(trying not to rattle the head too much) then Amy Bento Cardio Step & Pump step segment and CTX Step&Intervals cardio took a break and then did P90X Shoulders and Arms and 32 minutes of X Stretch( I like this because it does some good neck and shoulder stretches, relieves some tension) DH and I finally got out to the grocery store. The roads have been so icy. I was out of salad and my usual stuff so had brussel sprouts and green beans for lunch with an eggwhite omelet. I ate salad at 8 last night after we got home from the store:9
Yesterdays workout:
alternating shoulder press 12 reps 20# dumbbells
in out bicep curls 16 reps 20# dumbbells
two arm triceps kickbacks 16 reps 12# 16 reps 15# dumbbells
deep swimmers press 12 reps 15# 14 reps 15# dumbbells
full supination concentration curls 12 reps 20# dumbbells
chair dips 30 reps
upright rows 15 reps 15#dumbbells
static arm curls 16 reps 15#dumbbells
flip grip twist kickbacks 16 reps 12#dumbbells
two angle shoulder flys 16 reps 12#dumbbells
crouching cohen curls 15 reps 12#dumbbells
lying down triceps extensions 10 reps 20# dumbbells
in out straight arm shoulder flys 16 reps 10# dumbbells
congdon curls 12 reps 20# dumbbells
side tri rises 20 reps
I need to catch up here later on.

Anne, I was surprised as I glanced over yesterday's check in to see you had posted already. I hope you mend quickly.

Jillybean, I kind of go with what everyone else says. I do cheat once in awhile. You have to find what works for you. I choose my cheat foods carefully and have learned for me I cannot do it all day long or even keep it up on a regular weekly basis as I start seeing pudge where I don't want it. I tend to lose my self control when I cheat:) If I do cheat and eat a lot, I eat really strict for a couple of days ie. very little fat and no starchy carbs. For energy maybe you should add in a piece of fruit(berries are good) or a yam or something earlier in the day. Personally I don't eat a lot of starches but do eat apples, berries, and oranges at lunch or in the morning quite a bit. Most of the time I find when I cheat I don't feel very well and the cheat food is not quite as wonderful as I imagined it would be. I like what I eat. As far as being cold I don't know what to tell you. I used to feel that way all of the time piles of blankets at night, kept socks on,(my dr had me take niacin for cold feet), I thought it was low body fat because I have heard that can cause this. I don't have that problem anymore but it may be age related:7

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue,

You worked it good! I hope to get up more in my shoulder work, but I see they are coming out more anyhow.

Did you say something about age? What is that???? lol. Did you wear out your grandchildren? lol. I can imagine them talking to other kids about you, about what grandmother does and the other kids would be like...WOW and NO WAY! Jaws dropping, etc.

Charlotte~~

Morning Maniacs! Yesterday I did CC#3 on the St. Bike and then did Yoga Shatki basic flow. My butt is really sore, must have had the tension perfect!}( Today is leg day. I hope I can get in a good workout with this already sore butt.:)

Lora- Great workout!

Meg- Just get this week over with and start your rotation next week (what rotation are you doing?) You are still doing great and a bad week won't get in your way! You are a maniac remember?}(

Debbie- Enjoy your rest day! I thought your rest days were Fridays. Are you taking an extra this week?}(

Randi- You have raised a Genius! I should take my dog to school too. She's treat addicted too!

Anne!!! I was so surprised to see you here, already! I thought typing would hurt for some reason. LOL! Can't wait to see the new you!:) Take those pills and get your rest.

Char- Great workout as usual! You are the bicep queen!:)

Diane Sue- And you are the overall Queen! You get in such great workouts EVERYDAY!

Well gotta get some breakfast and pretend my house is clean...it needs an X-ing!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Good morning Maniacs!!!

STORM...you are amazing. Still cracking me up...take some more Percocets would ya??? So, getting a lift is like a diet in and of itself hey??? Sign me up!!! Can you put a plate on your chest to eat? I remember mine were so high up at first...I could literally rest a plate there.

p90X'ers..I managed to squeeze out all 3 workouts-plyo in the am, back and bi's in the PM and abripper before bed. TTOM...so I feel bloated and fat... Tonight is yogax...I will try so hard to get.

Has anyone put any of these DVD's on their IPOD. I'm thinking putting Abripper on there to do on my lunch...can listen and see if I need to.

Char...you and those bicep weights!!! You go girl!!! I see you drop down like me with the congdon curls too. I can't figure out why those are so hard for me, I have to go to 8#...tried 15# for 2, 10 for 2#. DH was teasing me with the curl up hammer down...said look at those shoulders..."can I watch you do laterals?" lol, he is such a perv sometimes. I Feel bad that you have to spend so much time apart from yours.

Diane Sue...do you stick with higher reps/lower weights for definition, or are you trying build right now?

Meg...you are not a slacker...listen to your body. So cool that you have reconnected with a friend. I should make that a new years resolution. I have a few I should call up and say hi too.

Dallys...are you wearing your biking shorts today?....Do you work in your garage??? Or do you have someplace more comfy? Zeus's hair is getting those clumps...I think the weather fooled him...he got his winter coat in November when it was super cold...then it got warm...and he looks like he is molting.

Suz...all warm and toasty now? Diverticulitis can be difficult to tolerate, and bowel surgeries of that type are nightmare.

Ok..PITA client won't leave me alone today...gotta go.

Hi to Missy... DEBBIE>....I hear 1-2 inches over the weekend..should we believe it?

HI Randi!

Amber

Well...I can see my typing skills are suffering from long nail syndrome...sorry for all the typo's...

Lora...the weekend is almost here...maybe you can renew and refresh...I'm so sorry this is not working out as expected. I just keep thinking that maybe the situation can turn around like it did with your last boss. Hugs anyway, you can rant all you want here.

Amber

Amber,

Yes the Congdon curls are very hard in that fashion. I could not workout my biceps or back with anyone looking at me. I put a big sign on the sunroom window yesterday...DONOT DISTURB FOR ANY REASON!!!! FIL lately takes a nap when I workout. I still haven't heard Tony talk about his esophogas yet. lol.

Debbie,

Have a nice rest day! My house still smells like polution. lol. Aftershave and elimination of the horrific kind. OMG! OY!

Charlotte~~

Amber- you are cracking me up today! Sounds like the weather did fool your dog. Get out that brush before that hair is all over the house! I have a shop in my basement. It has a walk-in entry from the outside. It's quite comfy, but I do wish it was upstairs so I could see outside. We plan on building one someday as soon as that $ship$ comes in.:) Hope you PITA client leaves you alone. I had a PITA dog yesterday. Screamed to high heavens everytime I picked it up.

Char- "elimination of the horrific kind!" AAARRGGGHH! That's way to much information! Where's the Lysol!!!!!!!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Char...Tony says something about blowing out his esophagus..I don't think it's in back and biceps though. I miss so much of the side comments (I have to run to the next room to do lat pull downs, that could be it), but I have to admit Tony is endearing. The x-er's checkin has a bunch of gossip on the tony ned dreya drama, it's pretty funny.
BBL
Amber

Meg - I hope you have a great day no matter what you decide to do today!

Randi - Great workout. Glad the class went well!

Anne - I didn't know about the face lift either. I really need to get on this checkin more often! Hope you're doing ok.

Charlotte - Great workout yesterday! You kicked some major bootay! I'm proud of you! You're bicep work amazes me.

Diane Sue - Great workout from yesterday as well! You are all doing so well!

Dallys - Great going with CC #3! No, I alternate Thursday's and Friday's depending on which Friday is my Avon day.

Amber - I hope so!!! :)

Suz - Where are you?

Howdy!

Last night's workout didn't happen thanks to DH begging me to hang out with him. And he wonders why I don't plan my workouts at night instead of getting up so early in the am. So yoga was my only workout yesterday. Now I'm all off. This morning I did Back & Biceps and Ab Ripper X. Tomorrow I'll do the Legs part of Legs and Back in the am and then Yoga X when I get home (hoping I can leave work early - we're still SO swamped). Saturday I'll do the Back part of Legs & Back and Kenpo X and Ab Ripper X and then I'll be all caught up and ready for recovery week. WHEW! I can almost do unassisted chins - I can do them part way. They're like jumping chins. I start off assisted and then push off with my feet and then I'm unassisted the rest of the way up. But it's like I push off so I feel like I'm jumping, but I'm up there without my feet touching a thing!!! I did 5 like that and the other 7 assisted.

Not much time for personals but wanted to tell Lora - don't give up yet. It's so hard at first.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry your head is still not all better. I hope it is better soon.

Storm - Just relax and take it easy. Can't wait to see those hooters!

Randi - What a smart doggie you have.

Better get back to work. Hi to everybody else!!!!!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I finished my workout. I started with Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast no str, Low Max premix 4-7 no w/up or str., P90X legs with hanging knee raises with 10# ball usually 15 reps, in place of back, Ab ripper X with resistance. I got a step counter out of cereal so had the grandchildren each wear it for 30 min. as a contest to se who got the most steps in. They were running and hopping all over the place:) Winner got to pick a special extra treat they wanted.
Weights were
balance lunge 25# dumbbells 25 rep
squat calf raises 35# dumbbells 25 reps
super skaters 10# dumbbells 25 reps each leg
wall squats 25# dumbbells
step back lunge 25# dumbbells 15 reps each side
alternating side lunge 20# dumbbells 24 reps
one leg wall squats 20#
dead lift squats 10#
3 way lunge 10# dumbbells 5 sets each leg
sneaky lunge 22 reps
chair salutations same
toe roll iso lunge 20# 20 reps each leg
groucho walk 35# dumbbell
calf raises 35# dumbbells 75 reps
80-20 siebers squats same

Charlotte, you amaze me with your bicep weights. I always feel really uncomfortable with those crouching curls. I have done them with 15# but sometimes I drop down.

Lora, you are probably right, give it some time you may be making up work that has backed up.

Anne, ouch!! I hope you can get some sleep.

Amber, I was thinking I should probably be upping the weight a little and lowering the reps. I did this last time I did P90X and towards the end learned to slow down. I find myself starting at Tony's pace and sticking with it even though he stops after a few reps. I miss a lot of the p90x comments. I always cringe when I know he is going to say he recommends foot spray.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.