Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs Feb 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Running late this AM cuz I was busy ordering from the Villainess update and Aromaleigh has a Valentine mineral makeup kit up for sale too....for the ladies that love Aromaleigh.

This morning I did Kenpo X Plus followed by part of Crunch Super Charged Kickbox Party with Jeanette Jenkins.. During Kenpo - I did knee tucks and flying jacks on the Rebounder during the cardio breaks and really got down into my legs for the movements and punched hard. Finally had an intense Kenpo workout. HR stayed hovering in the 150's thorughout and my face was beet red at the end. Workout was 59" and I burned 587 calories. I chose the music off option and played Chili Peppers Greatest Hits and I really had a lot more fun doing this today. Maybe it was the music or maybe it was having that week away from it.

Have great workouts everyone.

Lisa - are you familiar with any of the Kettlebell DVDs I bought? or do you just use them in the gym? Do you think I'll be okay doing the workouts without live instruction or buying an expensive instructional DVD? The one the ladies at VF recommended is $80 and I can't afford it. Do you really think doing presses with the KBs won't hurt my shoulders like traditional military presses with DB's? I've heard that KB presses engage the shoulder differently and uses your lat more. Do you think this is true? I tried about 4 or 5 of them on my right side yesterday just to see how my shoulder felt. I'll have to see if I have any problems. As fas as the Windmill move, I've actually done that move before. Patrick Goudeau uses some KB moves in his DVDs. I've done Turkish Getups with Patrick and Windmills (not knowing the name of the latter until now though). I always have used a VERY light weight for Windmills....as it is a really different move. I might try a KB workout tomorrow in place of my P90X Core Synergestic day.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is my 5th week of P90X+. Doing Upperbody Plus and Abs/Core Plus too. I wanna get to 15 pullups again as I went back down to 12. I know I can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby is going on his 2nd week of the classic. He is starting to get fussy on me and so I hope he is not gonna quit.

Lora,

Thanks for that update. I ordered Ms. Edith again. LOVE THAT ONE! I also got Silver Violets and the Raspberry. YUM. My first order is not here yet, but should be today.

This morning was cardio. I just did some sprinting and steady state on my treadmill. Stupid HRM started acting up about 12 minutes into my workout. I even got off my treadmill and walked in the living room to see if there was some kind of interferance in my workout room but it made not difference. Damn thing stayed at 238 bpm until I took it off. I'm going to try changing the batteries and see if that helps. If it doesn't then I have no clue what I'm going to do. I'm so pissed off about this.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats from treadmill:[/font]

[font color=blue]42 minutes
2.67 miles
260 calories burned
[/font]

Then I did the ab work from Body Max 2. Love that one!

Good Morning, I turned off my alarm this morning and fell back to sleep. Started with Seasun Zeigar's Bosu Blast. I am going to do P90X Total Body+ and maybe a Slim Series dvd. My neck is better today. I think the Yoga X was helpful yesterday. Still have a headache though:( Post cardio I had A baked apple with fat free sour cream and BSN Dessert protein Fresh Cinnamon roll.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

My upper body is so sore from yesterday's workout, even my biceps and I didn't even do any bicep exercises! But it's a good pain!:p Anyway today was cardio and I did CC #6 w/ Sean. I really liked it. My Average heart rate was 161. I feel like I am already improving. Running has never been one of my favorite activities.

Debbie - Sorry that your HRM is still giving you trouble. I finally dug mine out of storage after about eight years and use it a lot with CC. I'd be lost without it for those.

Have a great day!

Linda

Linda - That is the beauty of this rotation. You indirectly work all body parts. You worked your bi's with the pullups. Glad to hear you are sore. I am too, especially my pecs and lats. Nice job on CC #6!

Ran 4 miles while pushing my son in a jogging stroller. Almost puked as I never go more than 3 miles while pushing my son. Trail is a bit hilly so I had a great leg workout. I know it looks like I don't weight train. I only do total body weight training 2x a week.

Lora- I don't own any of KB dvds. I don't even own a KB. They're too expensive for me right now. I use them at the gym since they have all sizes. You really don't need to be nervous about KB. I was very nervous when I first learned how to do them. You'd be surprised at how easy it is. You're right, you'll feel a lot of the shoulder presses in your back for the most part. If you take your time and use controlled movement, you'll be fine. KB is not something you do fast or in a rush. It's more of range of motion. I feel with the shoulder problem of yours, you will be able to do a lot of powerlifting moves using kb. However if you have weak wrists, that can hurt you. A lot of people have weak wrists. They get hurt with kb. I will send you a link to a list of moves you can do on your own. I'll see if my friend can send me some more moves. One thing you have to be very, very careful with is don't flail the kb when you do flips. Believe me, they hurt like a bitch. LOL I think you will have fun with one of the moves in the list. It's guaranteed you'll be very sore as it works every single muscle in your whole body. I just tried it on sunday for the first time and my glutes are still sore. It looks like nothing but give it a try..... I don't even bother trying to do a Turkish Get up. I'd break my bad knee. LOL Kudos to you though! :)

Char- Do yoga with him again. Do the froggy position...Maybe that'll cheer him up. LOL I can't believe you do 12-15 pull ups. I can only do 5-8. LOL

Randi- I bought some Fast Twitch today. Pricey though but hopefully it's worth it. I notice it has thermogenic in it....Do you feel warm after you drink it?

Anyway, have a great day, you maniacs! }(

Lisa

Lisa,

Your a nut! hehe. Dh is getting fussy. Says he is gonna do more cardio, but still do the weight work of P90X. He thinks I am feeding him too much. I told him to do what he wants and see what happens.

I don't know how I can do that many pullups now...all the practice, maybe??? I hope I can pull it off again and do 15...I REALLY WANT TO!

Your child must love you. I would be in heaven if I was being pushed really fast!!! lol Nice workout!!!

Diane Sue,

Hope that headache goes away. I seem to get them alot too. Hate it.

Debbie,

I am still laughing at you. Sorry. Those monitors are getting the best of you, my friend. Take a hammer to it and be done with it!

I finished Total Body + and then did Slim Series Mix it up skipping the w/up. I used heavier weights than she was for most of it(SS) I had not done that one yet so wasn't sure what to expect. I liked the compound moves. Now I am having my salad with tuna and fat free dressing. I need to stop at the store before I pickup my grandchildren.

Lisa, 4 miles running with a stroller on hills sounds like a tough workout to me:) BTW I don't know if I said it already but welcome to the check in:)

Hey ladies:)
I workout today, I'm going to follow the concept of Feb 08 rotation. But do different workouts. Today I think is HSC maybe CM tough abs added on. I'm just on my lunch break I'll be back later
Lisa Yeah it does make me warm cause of the themogenic in it. Tell me what you think of it:)
BBL
Randi

Char- He loves it to a degree. If I try to go longer than 3 miles, I have to hear his mouth. Today I didn't care. I'm bored with 3 miles so I need a challenge. He LOOOOVES it when I run down the hill FAST. He says goooooooooooooooooo every time we run down the hill. All I have to say in my head is "oh, sh*t, oh sh*t, please don't trip and fall" Our fav. is running up the hills. He challenges me because he'd make me go faster so it's all good.... :+ Why not try the bedroom cardio? Might make DH feel better. LOL How can feeding the person too much make him fussy? I'd be more than happy to eat a lot. LOL You can do 15-20 pull ups. You're a superwoman!

WD- Thanks for the welcome. :) I enjoy reading your posts. Your workouts including Debbie's are excellent as well.

randi- I'm going to try the fast twitch on saturday as it's my long workout day. I'll let you know on saturday some time if I'm still alive.

Lora- Sent you an email.

Talk with y'all tomorrow! BTW- Whatever happened to Megadoo? I haven't seen her in a few months.

Lisa

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Grilled garlic chicken; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: 1 whole hard boiled egg, 3 hard boiled egg whites
M5: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/Light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp power pb

[font color=blue]1690.5 calories
59 g. fat - 32%
146 g. protein - 35%
140 g. carbs - 33%
[/font]

I went to the store and to pick up the grandchildren. BOught stuff to make valentine goody bags and sat in the car putting candy in the bags. Well, I found out those dark chocolate raspberry hershey kisses are yummy:9 Now I really have to keep dinner non fat high protein to even things out. Good thing I had hardly any fat and carbs were fairly low except for the apple.

Hey Peeps!

Been crazy busy at work. I see you are all working hard as usual. Here's a quick rundown of my workout week now that I'm training for cycling - and my legs are FRIED!

Monday - am did legs: squats, leg extensions, leg curls - 3 sets of 15 and did biceps, triceps and abs during the rest periods
Monday - pm did steady state on the bike
Tuesday - steady state on the bike
Wednesday - CC#4
Thursday - am - CC#6 with Candace
Thursday - pm will do same weight routine as Monday am
Friday will do steady state on the bike
Saturday - rest
Sunday - will ride outside with my neighbor (she is THE yoga guru in our city - I should take a class of hers sometime) - she has to be at work by 10am and the high on Sunday will be 45, so I imagine it will be pretty cold when we ride! Hopefully the wind will die down by then. We are under a high wind warning - up to 60mph today. It's supposed to be windy through Saturday but I don't think so on Sunday.

Lisa - Thanks for asking about Amber and Gizmo. They are doing great. They are as adorable as ever. It's nice to see you here.

Diane Sue - I'm sorry you are struggling with a headache. Those darn things suck!

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Yeah! Just finished HSC and went heavier then cathe on some weight sections. I did feel stronger since i've had a break but it's been awhile since i've done a circuit and that kind of wiped me out!
Have a good night guys
Randi

Hey Maniacs!!!

I did the 15 Pullups again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Feeling really tired now and sipping on my Earl Grey tea. I still need to do the ab work, but it is gonna have to be tomorrow. I am just done for the night.

Tomorrow is Plyometrics.

ETA:

I miss my other friends on here. :( ;(

Hey Maniacs! Today was a rest day. Haven't had one in a couple of weeks. I've been concentrating on building up my endurance for the up coming biking season, can't wait until the weather warms up, it's been snowing like everday here. So, I've been using the stationary bike and the treadmill ALOT! I'm only doing weights a couple times a week with a focus on legs and core. Very similar to what Suz is doing.:)

Char- Great job on the pullups! Are you doing 15 straight pullups with no rest (incredible if you are!!) or 15 total throughout the workout (still great!)? LOL about you doing yoga with dh! So many poses, so little time!!!;)}(

Diane Sue- Sorry about your headache. Sounds like you needed to go back to sleep.

Debbie- Dang that hrm of yours! Wish you could find one that worked!

Linda- I'm glad you are liking the CC's! They are the best!

Lisa- Great job pushing that stroller, Dang!

Suz- Wish we lived closer and could ride together (course, I'd have to buy a road bike)!

Hey, to everyone else and great workouts!!!

Dang! Dh needs computer....!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Bionics!!!

I do 15 without stopping. No touching floor, etc. Chin over bar.

Please send some snow this way. We have boring weather

Char- Fantasitic! You've really outdone yourself! It's been snowing almost everyday here the last couple of weeks. It's unbelieveable!
All we do is shovel. There are huge mounds of snow all down our street at the end of everyones driveway.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+2]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.