Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Saturday May 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

It's TTOTM........so I needed to workout today since I feel like a blimp. I didn't have much time, as Brookie has an early AM Vet appt. I did Abs Diet HIIT Cardio on the Rebounder (for the sake of my joints) with cooldown/brief stretch. Cardio was 33" and I burned 308 calories.

I also did Shiva's Beginner Yoga - Backbend Flow & Flexibility Flow 30".

Deb - nice bike!!

Linda - I feel sorry for your cat. That's one reason my cats are indoor cats! Poor baby. Happy Birthday.

Toasty - I'll take Ozzy if you feel like burning it it. No rush though....just whenver you think of it.

TeddyGirl - I have a hard time taking rest days. I'd rather do something lower intensity and call it a "recovery" workout.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone

Good Morning, I am getting ready to do cardio, abs and yoga. I am sure dragging this morning but hopefully I will get some energy in a bit. Hardly any sleep through this allergy season. I am not going to even try to post my nutritional info for yesterday. It is probably not real bad because I had fresh pineapple and cottage cheese, a protein shake, more pineapple and dinner was a Quiznos black and bleu salad. I cannot get accurate info on the salad. Seems Quiznos doesn't want to much out. On their site it said 380 cal w/o bread and that was it. Then did a search that had it at over 700 calories and said nothing about bread. No info on dressing was given. I put my own fat free on it. The sodium on the 700 cal fat one had over 2000 mg of sodium:eek:

Lora, nice calorie burn for a 33 minute workout:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Today I had an excellent leg workout. I even looked forward to this workout for some odd reason.

1:10 rest between each set

[font color=indigo]QUADS[/font]
Squats:
90# - 8
95# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Was only suppose to do 3 sets but didn't realize that until I was done.[/font]

Vertical Leg Press:
150# - 8/8/8/8
[font color=blue]***These felt awesome. I love my leg press station.[/font]

Hack Squats:
85# - 8
90# - 8/8
[font color=blue]***Only did 3 sets since I did 4 sets of squats. Was suppose to do 4 sets.[/font]

[font color=indigo]HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Elevated SLDL's:
85# - 8/8/8
[font color=blue]***Low back felt a bit tight but I felt that I did well with these.[/font]

[font color=indigo]CALVES[/font]
Calf Raises using Leg Press Station:
100# - 20 (warmup)
130# - 20 (feet forward)
130# - 20 (feet inward)
130# - 20 (feet outward)
[font color=blue]***Got a really good burn with this. It feels totally different then using just a barbell or dumbbells.[/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
Power Hour abs

That is all...

Thanks about the bike, everyone! I am so excited. I'm hoping to get some riding lessons from dh today if the rain stops. Stupid weather!

Diane Sue- The Vulcan is an awesome bike, I really like those.

Char - Nice going yesterday with your barbell curls. HOLY CRAP WOMAN! You are a true manica!

Linda - Great workout too! Your benching is really getting up there.

Wormwoodscrubs - The Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN isn't that great. I use it every once in a while. Banana Nut Bread is really good, and my favorites are the chocolate ones.

Hi Debbie,

Guess what my hubby is doing at this moment??? Looking at a bike! Everyone we know are getting bikes to save on gas. He'll have to teach me to ride it, I would love to learn but I'm very scared I won't be able to hold it up. Gonna do what you did today and if I don't get to it today then it's on for tomorrow. Gonna start doing yoga too. Oh, been meaning to ask what is "BSN"

Hi Diane Sue and Lora - hope you are both having a great day! Great workouts by the way. Lora I've got one of Shiva's Yoga DVD's it for the core and my doc told me today that it would be a very good idea for me to start doing yoga in my w/o routines. So we'll see how it goes! Been suffering from Anxiety and Depression. Working out helps so much with it all, and he was glad to hear what I'm doing DEBBIE!!! Thanks to all for such great inspiration and support!

Have a great day everyone, and hi to all that follow!

My workout today was Amy Bento's In The Ring, then I did Tracy Staehles's Core Blast Standing Core, Floor Core #1 and pilates, then I did Athletic Warrior yoga Cycle segment. We went out for dinner. Another day that would be a huge guess. I got a spinach and grilled chicken salad at a restaurant but it had potatoes and past in it. I think I just need to stick with the meat and veggies when I go to a restaurant. The salad also had the dressing already on it:0 Dh was not happy either. We have been going there for many years but changes have just ruined what we usually look forward too.
Oh, I weighed in today and was right at 114# not to bad for all of the salt.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.