Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Nov 3 Thurs

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Fit Ladies -

(I hope everyone knows what the free gift is from Cathe if you stuck with the preorder -- If not - Don't read the paragraph below).

This morning I did Cathe's Cardio Fusion - premix "Mixed Cardio". This was a 41 minute cardio segment and you do your own cool down so it equaled out to about 45 minutes for me. It was basically the warm up from Body Max 2 followed by Cardio Drills from Drill Max and the stretch was Body Max 2. This used a 5 pound dumbbell (I used my medicine ball) and a big fitness ball. It was tough....and I modified some of the higher impact on my rebounder (for my joints sake).

I don't feel real sore from yesterday -- only slightly sore.

Have great workouts everyone. I don't want to go to work today...ugh!

Good morning
I cant wait to try cathe's new videos. Sounds like Cardio Fusion is awesome! Today is Step Blast and Low Max premix only then i have to go to work:(
Have a great day
Randi

Good Morning hero's!

Yesterday I rested. Felt sore everywhere and very busy with map and such. Got tons to do again today and my workout will be long again. I am gonna work arms and then I have decided to do Butts and Guts since I need to work lower and abs as well. I will let you all know later today or possibly tomorrow how I do.

Lora,

I got Cardio Fusion too, but I obviously don't need it. Dh might try it out though. He told me he would do Imax 2 a few nights ago, but he hasn't yet. He ran last night for about 2 miles.

Are you wearing White Moon today?

DD finially got her concert pictures produced from when we went to see Korn and Deftones. I will post them on my picturetrail sometime soon. They turned out good.

Randi,

Killer leg workout. You should post pictures.

Charlotte~~

Goodmorning.

I got up and did Imax Extreme this morning. I really like this one. I did have to skip the 4th C&W cardio segment due to time, but I did do the genie hops, believe it or not!

So obviously I didn't WO last night. It was an exhausting day babysitting and I was in such a foul mood last night. I just didn't have it in me. Excuses I know. I was pretty upset with my self, but I got over it. I am only human, and it is one day. I think I made up for it this morning hehe! So, i am really going to try even harder to discipline myself to become a morning exerciser during the week so I don't run into this problem, which seems to occur more often at night. Anyway.

Charlotte- hope you get everything accomplished to day and I can't wait to hear how you like B&G.

Lora- glad that was a good WO for you! Hope work is well for you.

Randi- that sounds like a good WO. I am still interested in that Jan rotation, but i want to get my body more used to a set WO schedule in the morning so I know I will always have that 90 min to do it.

Goodmorning to everyone else!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Morning ladies,
I did the double upper premix fromm body max 2.
To me it was tough. She is working the muscles in a slightly different way and the unstable ball. I did not go heavier than cathe. My arm would not handle it.
I also feel they are faster paced than the gym styles, or pyramids for example . Not as much rest.
More stamina workout.

Diane Sue, are you breaking with butts and gutts?There is like no recovery time.May be a while before i heavy it up as it is.

I am no where near as strong as you, but i have only been doing Cathe for about i think around 20 months.

Today is cardio, upper and abs. I plan on doing the abs and core segments from Butts & Guts, Cardio and upper premix of Drill Max, upper from Body Max, & Cardio Premix from Low Impact Circuit. I will let you know how it is when done.

Lora, thanks for the review on that dvd:) I may use that one tomorrow and do a little treadmill run.

Charlotte, I am interested in seeing what you think of Butts & Guts. I know sometimes a workout that seems easy to me may seem harder the next time. I really like the firewalkers and the lower body work on this one. I was thinking of ways to combine parts of it with Legs & Glutes:)

Hi to everyone
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Great workouts so far, everyone! Woo Hoo! You Maniacs ROCK!

This morning I did upper body is superset fashion. 12/10/8 reps with 1:30 rest. This is what I did:

SS #1
Pullups: 6/5/4 - cannot get past 6, pissing me off!
Decline Chest Press: 30#/35#/40# (love these, becoming my favorite exercise)

SS #2
Reverse Flies: 15's/17's/20's
Dumbbell Curls: 20's/22's/25's

SS #3
Lying Dumbbell Tricep Extensions: 15's/17's/20's
Reverse Barbell Preacher Curls: 25#/30#/35# (really felt these!)

Then I got on my treadmill for about 15 minutes because I had some extra time. Total workouts was 1:03, I was in my zone for 42 minutes and burned 301 calories.

Hope you all have great workouts!

Debbie,

Pullups are not easy. Every time I do them I am reminded of this. Your doing great, don't cut yourself short. Keep it up.

I love the declines too and you are cooking girl with 40!!! Gosh!

Great workout!

A few questions for anyone here..

There is a bowflex 2 extreme for sale, in the paper for $900. What do you all think? Is that a good deal. It is brand new they say.

Another question....

At the local gym in town there is this Turbo Sonic. Says you just get on this machine that looks similiar to a scale at your doctors office and you burn fat as if you were doing a workout up to 90 mins and you stand on this thing for only 10. Doesn't make you sweat...figured that though. lol. It says it builds/tones muscle, reduces body fat, etc. Seems far fetched to me, what do you all think?

Charlotte~~

Just popping in for a moment -- You ladies just reminded me. I forgot to look and see if I have a band long enough and the right resistance for the Firewalkers.....must make a note to check.

I previewed all of my DVDs last night and I came to the conclusion that I need to gradually work my way up to getting up at 2:00 am ....cuz these are some long workouts and not many good total body/cardio premixes in the premixes........I was bummed that there is no premix for a total body and cardio circuit!! only upper and lower separately with cardio.

gotta run.............She's back

Hey Maniacs! I confess (meg will appeciate this:)). I didn't get my workout in yesterday. I had so much to do after work. I was outta protein powder and soymilk and any form of meat and zero vegies. I HAD to go to the store. Then DS wanted to go do some clothes shopping, as he was desperate in that department. So, today is legs and back and I'll have to squeeze some yoga in later this week.

You are all are making me jealous with the new workouts. I have until the 7th to get mine.:(

Char, I don't know anything about the Bowflex, but I think they cost alot more than $900! Might be a great deal! The Turbo Sonic sounds like the magic pill of exercise equipment. LOL!

Lora, I hope I get Cardio Fusion. I ordered late, but some people are saying that they got it with their late orders. Laughed about your..."she back" comment. We all hate your boss.:)

Randi, great workout this morning! Sounds like you are doing great with this rotation.

Meg, I'm having a hard time with my workout timing too. I need to commit to the mornings, but I have more energy in the afternoon. DANG! What to do?

Anne, I love using the Stability ball. Can't wait to try the workout you did.

Diane Sue, Just curious. Do you have a muli disc player? I don't know if I could handle switching DVD's so often with the workouts you come up with. I'm lazy. LOL! Maybe it's easier than it sounds.

Debbie, Another killer workout. What type of pull-ups are you doing? I upped my chins to 8, but can't get past 6 either on my close grip. We won't talk about my wide grips. LOL! I read, to add weight if you can't add reps. I also have these georgous callus's on the palms of my hands. :)

Hi to everyone who follows!

Later...

~~Dallys~~
www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Charlotte - The C&S's are starting to roll in for the Friday the 13th and Yule Update!! I can't wait for mine. I will wear White Moon on Sunday for the Full Moon. I usually wear my Lunars 3 days prior and 3 days after.....as that's when the effects are still felt. You just reminded me I need to wear a Lunar tomorrow.........hmmmmm which one shall I wear??

Good morning ladies!

This morning I did Turbo Jam 3. I sure don't move like that! For those of you who have done it, is that one hard for you to learn? It's a little tricky for me. But my HR stays up with that one even though I don't always know what I'm doing.

Char - I don't think that's a terrible price for that Bowflex. Take a look at eBay for an idea. If you have an account, search the completed items to see what they sold for. Most of them sold for $1,000 or more (plus shipping). There were a couple that sold for less than $1,000, but those seemed to be the exceptions.

I called in sick today which I never do. I felt guilty. But my stomach was/is all gurgly. I called in and of course my assistant is out sick today. She's ALWAYS out sick I swear. She thinks maybe she's getting a sinus infection. She always thinks she has something. Made me feel like I should go in. But we're slow this week. If my stomach settles down I'll go in later.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Charlotte make sure you have room for one. I was going to buy one but it takes up too much space.
I bought these herbal patches for my arm. They are called Pro Series. They feel really good. I hop they work. They were expensive, but will be worth it oif this elbow quits hurting.There is a money back guarantee.They feel like really cool on. 8 hrs on 4 off.

Diane Sue, you are my hero.
You should be able to eat anything you want with what you do...

Deb, I told you , you are going to be the incredible Hulktress.....
WoW!! Girl...
Let me know if anyone else thinks buts and guts was touh. I unthawed now. I really think because they are new and working your muscles in different angles is why i hurt so bad.
I did like the ball warm up, but i hadto use a smaller one, beacuse i was hitting the ceiling.
Sonic is like radio waves. It may bust up fat, but, YOU DON"T HAVE ANY!!!!!

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Suz - Do you mean Cardio Party 3? Yes, the last set is a bit more complex with the coreography. 1 & 2 are easier.....I actually just did 1 the other day and loved it cuz I had no trouble following. You will get better with 3 each time you do it though. Chalene has said in the past....that she will keep making them a bit more challenging...both intensity wise and coreography wise. Turbo Jam really gets my HR up. Chalene is good at having you get down in the punches and really put a lot of effort into it. Have you done it with your weighted gloves yet??

Dallys - Right now I'm doing close grip overhand pulls. I was doing close grip underhand pulls and got to 10 but it did take me all summer. I just started on the overhand ones about a month ago. I can't do wide grip ones, those are hard.

Oh - a Chili Peppers song just came on and reminded me.....Anthony packed on a little poundage! He came out without his shirt on in his monster pants and then immediately changed (after the first song) and never took his shirt off again. My husband commented on it yesterday -- as I didn't want to say anything and I told him I thought he did too....but didn't say anything. Is not really obese or anything....just not quite as slim thru the midsection as he used to be. However, he has only been clean for about 3-4 years.....so I can certainly understand what he's going thru. You usually gain weight when you get clean.....happens to everyone that does! Not that he still doesn't look good or anything. I guess he's real just like the rest of us.

Lora,

I am just finding that out right about now...the effects that is. I just got back from the mental ward....grocery shopping in town. I had a woman come up to me claiming I took off with her cart. I am like WTH????? She was just plain weird and took off when I told her that it was not her and was rambling out loud to herself. People just driving me nuts..in my way, not giving me enough space to stand to fill out my checkbook cuz they are trying to ram their carts into my backside. Now I am hyper. Should have a nice workout. Thanks for the update.

Charlotte~~

That's interesting about Anthony Lora. He always reminds me of my sisters's boyfriend. They look a little alike, IMO.

I seem to have hurt my lower back. It started hurting alot sitting in the car after I picked Chase up from school. It must have been from the deadlifts, but I only used 10lb DB!! And I only did like 12 I think? I must not have been paying attention to my form. I know CHase was there with me "working out" too, so I was paying attention to him since he is so cute. Guess I am paying for it now! I wanted to do some yoga, but I will rest for now and see how it feels later. Oh well!

Dallys- good WO woman! Yeah, I did "appreciate" you resting yesterday too! Made me feel better knowing Miss Bionic did it too! LOL! I think I have more energy a little later in the day, but, I just can't do it while babysitting the baby. His naps are to unpredictable, and then the 5 and 7 YO siblings are here in the afternoon for 3 hours, so after they leave, I feed the horses, do dinner and bedtime, I am pretty drained, mentally too. SOmenights I can hit hard and do a good one, but lately too many nights have been spent plopped on the couch, beat. It is just a matter of getting my butt out of bed. I am not a mornign person so it sucks!!! Once I get going I am good. But I can't do it on an empty stomach. Can you? Even just cardio. I usually eat a piece of WW toast w/ sugar free PB. Seems to hold me over.

Suz- the dog is just too cute! All you guys with the doggies make me want to get one! Toby (my cat) is my lovey I guess. No matter where, as soon as I sit down, he is in my lap. DH wants a bulldog! Just wont pay $2000 for one!! Geesh!
I have never done any TJ. They are kickboxing right? I should look into them since sometimes I want good cardio, but not step.

Great WO Deb!! DOn't get down on yourself about the pullups! Seriously, how many people do you know who can do just one?? Not me!! You are doing great with all your WOs!!

DS- are you still going to the library tomorrow? i just found a book that should have been returned 10/19!! I usually keep them all together, but Connor had in his little bookbag and I didn't notice! Oh well. I might start to take them to story hour after CHase's preschool on Tuesdays, but it cuts into their nap time. But one day a week should be alright. Gives me an hour to myself to read.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

I finished my workout. I was starving. I had to eat right away today. I have loads to run and do. I did Drill Max cardio & upper(this was fun) I am anxious to try the lower body stuff. I am just trying to work it where I get a taste of all of the workouts in 4 days before my rest day. Then I did Low Impact Circuit cardio premix only. This had some good moves for keeping the hr up. Once I have it down I will add my weighted gloves, then I did upper body & abs of Body Max2, Butts & Guts abs and stability ball add on using some extra resistance, I followed with the stretch of BM2 just because I wanted to check the entire dvd out. I upped the weights on Drill Max and Body M2. Not a lot since it was my first time through. I think these are great workouts.

Dallys, I do have a 5 disc dvd player in my workout room and I also have a tv/dvd combo. For me generally I just switch the dvd's and use the television one as I like the time counter etc on it better. Sometimes when I am in a hurry I will start by loading one in the television & one in the dvd player and it does not take but a channel change to switch. I am lazy when it comes to programing the 5 disc one.

Meahgan, yes I still plan on running to the library with my grandaughters tomorrow. I lost a book several weeks ago and yesterday it showed up in dd classroom when she was straightening up the books on the shelf. Now the fine is the cost of the book:( We had bought a bunch of books for her off ebay to use in her classroom and that one got picked up with them.

I really have to run. Check back later.
http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.