Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Mon Dec 3

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Kelly Coffey's Cardio Sculpt - Sculpt Only premix 46" followed by Prevention's Big WeightLoss Fast - Cardio Sculpt section 10". Workout was 70" and I burned 370 calories.

My days of long workouts and daily yoga are over.........as it's back to full-time work today. Hoping it works out.

Dallys- yes, that's the other item I bought when looking at Cliff Bars and Kashi bars......was Luna Bars but I haven't tried them yet. I only tried the one protein bar one day cuz I didn't have breakfast and it did the trick for nourishment but I had to choke it down. I don't know if I could ever acquire a taste for those. I like the Kashi granola bars much better but they aren't as high in protein, etc. One of them is only 140 calories also. I'm taking a couple in my purse today cuz I doubt if I'll be allowed to eat at my desk......so I might be scarfing down a granola bar in the restroom, as I can't go 6 hours straight (or longer) without eating anything.
Have great workouts ladies.

This moring was Week 2, Day 1 of my Full Body rotation. This time it's the same exercises as last weeks rotation but in superset fasion. This is what I did:

1 min. rest between each superset

[font color=green]SS #1[/font]
[font color=indigo]CHEST/BACK[/font]
Flat Barbell Bench Press:
105# - 5/5/5 (up 5#)
superset w/
Double Arm Rows:
32's - 5
35's - 5/5 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***Bench felt strong, should have gone higher. Wrist felt good. I don't like doing double arm rows much, I never really "feel" them.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #2[/font]
[font color=indigo]QUADS/HAMSTRINGS[/font]
Squats:
105# - 5/5/5 (up 5#)
superset w/
SLDL's:
40's - 6/6/6
[font color=blue]***Had to use dumbbells for SLDL's because I don't have enough weights to do them with a bar. These felt good at 40's. I concentrated really hard on the contraction on the the way up. Squats felt good as well, went parellel.[/font]

[font color=green]SS #3[/font]
[font color=indigo]BICEPS/TRICEPS[/font]
Hammer Curls:
30's - 5/5/5 (up 3# & PB)
superset w/
Lying Barbell Extensions:
[font color=blue]62# - 5/5/5 (up 2# & PB)
***I think this is the first time I have done Hammer Curls with 30's. They felt good and wrists didn't bother me at all. Lying extensions felt great as well.
[/font]

[font color=indigo]FOREARMS[/font]
Wrist Roll-ups:
5# - 5/5
[font color=blue]***I want to do this once a week. They really seem to help with the wrist problems.[/font]

That is all....

Hope you all have a great day and ass kicking workouts!

Good MOrning Maniacs!!!

Today is total body rotation too, but I am not supersetting, Debbie. lol. I just do my thing.

Debbie,

Great workout. Kicking butt as usual.

Lora,

Got LaBefana. Smells excellent in bottle. Haven't wore it all day yet. Gonna. I really like Black Lace is so does hubby. My samples I got I like as well.

Hello maniacs. Today is ccoach # i will decide..
No weights today. The whole body is sore.. Good thing..Gosh 3 days in a row . Maybe i am back here..
DH away so i do not have to cook for him. I don't have to rush home and i can do things for me..

Char, everyone is sick. I am sneezing and nose is running. YeeGads..

Deb, are ya getting snow. Coming down here..
Gotta go buy some salt. Landlord doesn't do Sh**..

Have a great day gals..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning, todays workout was Sharon Twombly's All Body Attack then I did Kelley Coffey's Cardio/Sculpt Fitness skipping the w/up. I originally planned on doing a Kelley premix but went for the whole thing. I am getting ready to go with my dd to get her ultrasound to check the baby as the doctor thought that there was some genetic abnormalities showing in her quad test. We are praying everything will be ok.

Charlotte, so glad to hear that your dd is seeing her friend for what she is. That is good that she is spending more time at home with you.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Anne,

Actually feeling better today. Take some Zicam..what I took last night. No sign of cold now. It just came over me yesterday and I had to lay down on bed..worn out. Dh is feeling better now too. Hope you can knock it out.

Diane Sue,

Sometimes they have to learn themselves even though you already know and tell them. I was so worried with my daughter hanging around her. Last night, my daughter seen her (the deadbeat friend) in Wal Mart with my dd's jacket on..the one she said she didn't have of my dd's. So now my dd knows she took her jacket too. So last night, my dd and her older friend of 37 had this girls mom come over with her and with her daughter (the deadbeat friend)and they all discussed the girl stealing and such. Not sure how it all went. My daughter said she wanted to hurt her. We advised her not to go that route. I will ask her when she gets up here soon.

Good Morning Everyone,

I am joining at the urging of a couple of people. This will probably be a good thing for me, help keep me accountable. While I almost always do well with my workouts, I struggle with the eating. I really want to see the results of all my hard work! I am currently following a rotation from Debbie which alternates straights and supersets each week. This week is straight sets. So here's what I did this morning:

Back

Pullups (assisted)
8/6/6
Barbell Rows
8/8/8 80#
Pullovers
10/10/10 45#

Chest

Barbell Bench Press
6/6/6 100# (new personal best)
Decline Dumbbell Flye
10/10/10 27 1/2#
Incline Dumbbell Press
8/8/8 35/30/30#

I would like to get my flye weight up, but I worry about how much stress it puts on my shoulders, so I increase this slowly.

I also add LIS cardio to this. My eating has been terrible, so this was penitence.

Hope everyone has a great day. I am sure I'll be hurting later!

Linda

Good morning Linda..Great job..

Welcome.

Char, i am trying to kick myself to the treadmill..On my last cuo of coffee and popping the vit c..

Diane Sue, how was the bday party???

Well, i am kicking me to go now...
Treadmill is calling my name.. Or LIC...
I will decide..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Lora - Great workout this morning!

Anne - Yes, it's snowing here! It's beautiful!!! Woo hoo!!!

Diane Sue - Have fun at the doctors! Great workout!

Linda - Bought time you showed up here! WELCOME! And nice workout! Nice poundage, girl! Don't go too heavy with flye's, it will tax the shoulder big time. I was having a lot of problems with them clicking going over 35#. Excellent on your bench press too!

Char - Have a great workout. Check your email.

Forgot to post my eats from yesterday:

M1: ON whey protein shake & Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (post workout)
M2: 1 whole egg, 3 egg whites w/ green pepper, onions & cheese omlette; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M3: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. Power PB & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Chipolte Tilapia; salad w/light Honey Mustard dressing
M5: Protein Pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1663 calories
64 g. fat - 35%
150 g. protein - 36%
127 g. carbs - 31%
[/font]

Damn, carbs are getting up there. Not sure I like that. We'll see if my weight changes with that deal.

MY EATS TODAY:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Cereal
Meal 2: Protein Bar, yogurt, fruit
Meal 3: Chicken, spinach, sweet potatoe
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Meat

MY EATS Yesterday: (off track)

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Cereal, yogurt with 10g of protein powder
Meal 2: Protein Bar, grapes
Meal 3: Chicken Sandwich, salad with spinach mixed in
Meal 4: Chinese Food

Debbie,

Haven't gotten the email yet.

Hi Everyone!

I'm getting started today as soon as I get home from work. Gonna do it no matter what!!! My eating was good yesterday. Not the best, but getting better!

All I keep thinking about is how great I felt when I had lost 23 lbs 2 yrs ago. I just felt better all around. I've gained 9 of those lbs back, and I don't want it to get out of control! I can do it, and ya'll can help. I also want to be held accountable!

Toasty, I know all about the daughter thing. My youngest is 18 yrs old and she got involved with the wrong crowd for just a little while. I did talk to her, she even moved out for about a month, just about killed me. She moved out with her best friend who was not the bad seed, and she got her head straight and is now back home and things have been great! Sounds like your daughter is finding out for herself, and sometimes thats what it takes.

Take care everyone!

Hey Maniacs! Just finished up ARX and then Shoulders and ArmsX. There are a couple of execises I can't do (upright rows-front raises) because of my tennis elbow and I had to modify about 3 others. I did ARX first cuz I knew I would tread it afterwards. I've negeleced my abs for sure and it showed. LOL!

Sandy You can lose the 9 lbs. I know you can! My plan is to lose 3 lbs. by Christmas. Not a huge goal, but I know this time of year is hard. We can eat clean and heathly til then. Maybe a goodie here and there, but we will be in control!:)

Lora I hope your first day at work goes well!:)

DebbieGreat workout! Total body workouts are my fav!

Anne Sorry you are sick. I've had a slight sore throat, but haven't got the cold symptons so far.

Diane Sue I hope your dd ultrasound test will bring good news. Keep us posted.

Char Sounds like your dd is coming around. It's hard to have them betray you like that.

Linda Glad you joined us! Great workout and poundage, Dang!

Suz Where are you?

MegWhere are you?

Later...gotta go get my hair cut and colored.:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Hey Dallys,

Thanks, I'm really gonna try. Went to try on some clothes for a Christmas Party last night and nothing like a mirror in the stores to show a person what they really look like. It didn't depress me though, because I kind of saw it as a challenge, like what I needed to kick me in the butt to get started up again. I've been doing some w/o's here and there, but haven't stayed on a routine. That's gonna change, I'm actually looking forward to working out tonight when I get home! It's really hard to lose this time of year, but if I keep putting it off, I'll just gain more weight and not feel good. I really don't won't to bring the new Year in that way! I want to feel good going into it! What are the new workouts you're talking about?

Sandy That's a great attitude! That's what I'm thinking too. I don't want to bring in the New Year with extra weight. I want to start it with a postive state of mind, not a depressed one!:) The workouts I did were from P90X. I just started a P90X rotation this week. This will be my 3rd round and I'm trying out the lean rotation this time.

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Sandy - You'll get there, just stay consistent. Consistency is the key. Eat well, workout and you will see some awesome results! I think the thing that made me get on the bandwagon years ago was going to the mall and trying on some pants. When I hit the size 14 section (and these were tight on me) I knew I had to do something. I left in tears because I REFUSED to buy jeans in that size. Talk about motivation. It really kicked me in my ass to start doing something - and I did. Now I'm fitting comfortably in a size 4. Can't ask for more then that, you know! We're here for you girl! You can do it! Also, we post our eats here. Maybe you'll get some ideas.

Dallys - Great going with your workout. I'm surprised your elbow still bothers you at times. That sucks!

I am back from going to the doctor with dd. Not much time left and I will be headed back out to pick up my grandson. I had a late 1 oclock lunch and no breakfast. I did not think it would take that long at the doctors office. So eats today so far was a salad with diet lean ground beef, salsa and fat free ranch dressing, and coffee
Yesterday I did have a little cake and ice cream. Made a separate dish with the spaghetti though. It was whole wheat pasta with mushrooms and zucchini, fat free half n half, garlic and a sprinkling of asiago/parmesan cheese. I had that and a salad. Also had salad for lunch:)

Linda, welcome to the checkin. Good workout.

Dallys, the doctors said that they could find nothing wrong with the baby. We are relieved:)

Lora, I got the dvd's and the oils. Thank you so much:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Sandy,

I hate the dressing room mirrors. I usually make a comment about them. No worries. Like everyone has said..stay consistent...eat right...be patient.

Now I have to workout myself.

It's me again,

With all this support I can't go wrong! Thanks so much ladies! Debbie I can't even imaging you ever being in a size 14! I was in a size 12 and 13! I may try to put up some pics if I dare! I've taken measurements of my bi's, waist, hips, and thighs! My problem area is my tummy area, back fat included. I'm at 149 now, and my goal is to get "HEALTHY", and get down to 135. That's my goal for now. I'm not gonna let myself get side tracked this time! It's not going to be easy going into this, but I have to keep thinking about how good I will feel and look. I have to work on my eating!

Dallys Charlotte had mentioned the P90x to me not too long ago, is this the same thing? Does it have different varieties to do his workouts? Right now I'm gonna start on the 4DS. I just rec'd those last week. I have reviewed only one and that was the high intensity, looked awesome! That's the one I'm starting with tonight.

Charlotte, I've noticed here lately, that when I do have something to eat that's not the best for me, I feel yucky. I'm thinking why do I do that to myself, and the thing the bothers me the most is when I was on this journey a couple years ago, I enjoyed the good foods, and didn't miss the junk, I mean I would have a cheat sometimes, and that would tie me over ya know.

Thanks you guys!!!

Sandy - You are welcome. Check out my picturetrail link in my signature line. Go to the one that says "My Album". There is a before picture in it. Not a great one, but you get the idea. We've all been there. I was never naturally lean or muscular. It has been years of endless hard work. And the results are priceless! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.