Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday May 5

lorajeanne

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Today's workout was David Kirsch Shoulders & Biceps and I added on the 15" Precore Workout from his New York DVD. Workout was about 60" with stretch and I burned 368 calories.

Orphylea - Yes, David's 7 Day Prescription is a 7 Day Rotation. Day 1 is Legs, Butt & Abs, 2 - Chest & Tri's, 3- Power Body (sort of Power Yoga with core work/pushups), 4- Back & Butt 5-Shoulders & Biceps 6-CardioSculpting Bootcamp and 7- Restorative Stretch. The workouts are all only 30" long and you have to add on your own cardio or whatever. It's a pretty good program, except some peeps don't particularly like David. I don't have a problem with him, but others say he is "quirky". He talks about "sexifying" your shoulders (or whatever body part) and has a lot of moves that he calls "Distinctively David". I actually don't have a problem at all with him, but I'm pretty tolerant. Only 2 instructors have ever grated on my nerves and they are Jari Love...just can't stand her whiny way of encouragement and Amy Dixon....cuz she always says "SOOOO Good" (like every other move!!) and that drives me nuts. I've had these DVDs for a while, but someone at VF just posted getting leaning out in their legs and biggest problem area from this rotation....so I decided to give it a try. I don't know how long I'll stick with it, as I just got all of my new CIA's ....so we shall see!

Megadoo - hi. I saw your post from yesterday. I wish you'd start checking in again, as I miss you! Good to hear from you. Hope you are doing well.

Diane Sue - I ended up ordering the Brooks Adrenaline. I hope they are good. The reviews did not look stellar, but I had that written down from a previous conversation with you. Fingers crossed.

Ally - did you want that Amy DVD?

Have great workouts everyone. I work the early shift today.

Last edited:
I did my LAST workout in Meso #1 this morning- Legs. Yay! I loved it but am excited to move on to Meso #2. I have really leaned out from Meso 1 and can see some nice definition in my arms and legs. No complaints here on STS- I think it is terrific. I even got a little stronger in this rep range, probably because I spent 8 weeks here. I also did the 4DS abs- the LIS ones, not the KB ones (which I usually do).

Lora: Thanks for the info! Keep us posted how it works for you- I am a bit of a workout DVD collector too and I am always looking for something different to try.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am going into the leaning out part of the Shape Up Program rotation. Starting off with legs today, but doing abs first (doing about 20 mins ab work) and then cardio for 45-60 mins. I still have 3 pounds to drop. My weight is insane and doesn't want to budge much so this rotation plus extra cardio is gonna do it.

Lora,

Sounds like a good workout. Nice calorie burn. Hey, do you still collect perfumes? I stopped buying them because I had no one to enable me anymore. lol. You got anything else that is good to buy?

Patti,

Sounds like your doing very well with what your doing and so not surprised you are seeing progress. Way to go!

Hello to everyone else that follows.

Hi Ladies -

i also have a CIA Step Surge dvd up for grabs ...will take a small amount of money for it ...ended up with 2. let me know if you want it. still have an extra copy of amy's also.

toasty -i've now acquired a "commercial" perfume collection to go along with my oil collection! LOL. I work in fragrance/cosmetics now....so my beauty habit has gotten worse!! I've got a small Dior collection started. My latest beauty find is layering Iconic mascara with Diorshow mascara.......makes for the BEST expensive lashes!! gotta run..off to finish getting ready for work. More enabling to follow when I have more time. My latest commercial fume finds have been Ed Hardy, Viva La Juicy, and Hot Coutre!

Last edited:
Darn, I was going to take that Step Surge one! You beat me Linda! I don't need another step workout anyway, although I'm curious about Tonya. I don't have any of hers (yet!).

WOW! WOW! All I can say is WOW! Never before have my legs felt like such jelly and lead after a workout, as they do today. Fitfairy convinced me to do KB Swings during my active rest between exercises today. I only used a 20#KB but by the third set I was thinking .... I NEED A LIGHTER KB!

Today was Legs.

4DS HIS through first Blast as warmup .

8 sets - 20 seconds on/10 seconds off each exercise.

20# KB Swings during 2 minute rest between each exercise. This was about 75 swings each time, and I threw some one hand swings in there for variety.

LEGS
Front Squats w/DBs (heels raised):
20's# - 8 sets/11-9 reps
** loved this with the heels rasied.

Alternate Front Lunges:
15's - 8 sets/10 reps
***HR up high here. Really feel this in the hamstrings and glutes

Leg Extensions:
23.5# - 8 sets/11-7 reps
**This exercise was near impossible this morning after the swings!:confused: I hate this one!

Hamstring Press on HS w/4 Risers:
15# - 8 sets/15-13 reps
***I think I passed out here.:p

Firewalkers:
Purple Band - 8 sets/16 reps
**There was a whole lotta fire going on this morning!:eek:

DB Calf Raises:
25's - 8 sets/17-15 reps
***Up 5 #. Toes forward, in and out alternating. Toes in is my favorite.

Finished with Combo/Blast 2 from 4DS HIS. Which was near impossible to do on leaded jelly legs.:confused::confused::confused: Legs did not want to propel me anywhere.:p:p Then did both stretches from 4DS HIS and even added a few extra leg ones on my own. Workout was 1:14 and burned 543 calories.

DD just woke up crying with a sore throat.....just may be a long day. And FIL is in from out of town for a visit.:confused: Looks like I may be heading to the pediatrician.:(

Darn, I was going to take that Step Surge one! You beat me Linda! I don't need another step workout anyway, although I'm curious about Tonya. I don't have any of hers (yet!).

Sorry Patti! I don't even know what I offered to buy yet, but I am always looking for new cardio. Feel like I don't have enough cardio DVD's.

Does anybody remember a move that I think Ally wrote about a while ago...it was for abs and you were supposed to hold a BB (I think, at 100lbs maybe??) over your body while you were on your back, legs up. It was an ab move. I think you went side to side for obliques but can also go straight up and down.

Last night, I rode 6 miles on the bike and then walked/ran sprint speed for 1.75 miles. Also did the M&F Hers abs from the new mag. Enjoyed it but don't know if I'll feel it. I found another one in an old Oxygen, I think, that I am going to use the Valslides on. My legs/butt are still making me say...YOWZA! I love that feeling. Oh, I digress - I think calorie burn was about 450. Total was 600 but I took time out to play ball with Halle.

Linda: Aren't jelly legs great?? Those KBs will get you for sure. I'm going to remember that idea. And hope DD gets better soon.

Lora and Char: I want the new Burberry. My other one is out - it isn't the original one but the one after that. I don't remember the name of any of it. I just do one at a time ;)

Patti: Close your eyes - the evil recipe follows :eek:;):p

No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

1 (15-18 oz) package chocolate chip cookies
1 cup milk
1 (9 oz) commercial graham cracker crust (extra serving size)
1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Dip 8 cookies in milk, place in a single layer in the crust. Top with 1/3 whipped topping. Dip 8 more cookies in milk and place on top, spread 1/3 more whipped topping. Repeat with 8 more cookies in milk and remaining whipped topping. Crumble 2 chocolate chip cookies and sprinkle over pie. Cover and chill 8 hours before serving - serves 8.

I think I froze mine for a bit too.

OK, here is the recipe I mentioned last night.

Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake

CRUST:
2 T butter or margerine, melted
1/4 c old-fashioned oats
1/4 c finely chopped walnuts
3 T ground flaxseed or flaxseed meal
2 T shredded coconut
2 T all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash salt

FILLING:
1 box (3.4oz) instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
1 c cold 2% milk
2 c vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, softened
1 c chopped fresh strawberries (5 oz)
1 pint (2 cups) strawberry sorbet, softened
5 fresh strawberries, cut in half, if desired

1. Heat over to 350F. In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press in bottom and up side of 9" glass pie plate. Bake about 10 min or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 min.

2. In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in ice cream with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in chopped strawberries. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Freeze 2-3 hours until firm.

3. Spread sorbet evenly over ice cream. Freeze 2 hours. Remove from freezer 10 min before serving. Garnish each wedge wtih strawberry half.

Serves 10: 1 serving: 230 calories, 8 g fat (3.5 sat, 0 trans), 36 g carbs (2 g fiber, 27g sugar), 4 g protein.

I haven't made this one but it sure sounds good and the picture looks lovely. Personally, I would throw some dark chocolate in there as well ;)

Shana,

You are EVVVVVIIIILLLLL!!!! lol. I am not writing down that recipe now! COME ON! lol. Sounds great though. Really does. Great job on the bike ride!

Lora,

And I thought you never liked commercial perfume. I got hooked on wwwlovepotionperfume.com and now have a case of those, but not as big as my BPAL/TAL collection. Right now I am hooked on ebay with psychic readings. I wanna know it all!!!!!!!!!!! haha.

Linda,

Sorry to hear your child is feeling sick. Your such a great mom though and you have already been thru alot. One tough woman!

Frozen Strawberry Cheesecake

CRUST:
2 T butter or margerine, melted
1/4 c old-fashioned oats
1/4 c finely chopped walnuts
3 T ground flaxseed or flaxseed meal
2 T shredded coconut
2 T all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Dash salt

FILLING:
1 box (3.4oz) instant cheesecake pudding and pie filling mix
1 c cold 2% milk
2 c vanilla reduced-fat ice cream, softened
1 c chopped fresh strawberries (5 oz)
1 pint (2 cups) strawberry sorbet, softened
5 fresh strawberries, cut in half, if desired

1. Heat over to 350F. In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press in bottom and up side of 9" glass pie plate. Bake about 10 min or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 min.

2. In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk with wire whisk until smooth. Gently stir in ice cream with wire whisk until smooth. Stir in chopped strawberries. Pour mixture into cooled crust. Freeze 2-3 hours until firm.

3. Spread sorbet evenly over ice cream. Freeze 2 hours. Remove from freezer 10 min before serving. Garnish each wedge wtih strawberry half.

Serves 10: 1 serving: 230 calories, 8 g fat (3.5 sat, 0 trans), 36 g carbs (2 g fiber, 27g sugar), 4 g protein.

I haven't made this one but it sure sounds good and the picture looks lovely. Personally, I would throw some dark chocolate in there as well ;)

OMG...YOUR KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

Lora, David Kirsch is new to me, I'll have to look him up. Sounds like you had a good workout.

Patti, Congratulations on finishing Meso 1! I'm on a week rest then I'll be doing Meso 3. Can't wait. This is helping me with weight control and definition as well.

Char, Good luck on the Shape Up Program Rotation. Sounds like it should work.

Linda, I'm gonna have to try some KB work. What DVD did you follow? Your workout looks awesome. Hope your little one feels better soon. Let us know.
Meowracer, Good bike ride! The Valslides looks like a lot of fun. Thank you for the wonderful recipes. Yum!

Shanana, How ya doing girl?

Take care and see the rest of you later,

Janie

Hi Everyone;)

This morning, workout, Butts & Guts and ab. My home puter has a freaking virus, sad isn't it, believe it started with that April crap :( Anywho, lots going on here at work. Have a wonderful weekend. Tonight going for a nice long walk work :cool:

Sat: 4DS entire upper body
Sun: Cardio Coach

I didn't get in much of a workout this morning as we had our home inspection and termite check today. I had a house full of people for over 2 hours:eek: The prospective owners came in with contractors that they want to do some remodeling and paint samples etc. It was crazy and I had to keep the grandbaby entertained throughout. Enough of a rant. I did 4 Day Split Double Cardio this morning. That is it. I am beat anyway because I stayed up let cleaning etc preparing for the inspection to happen. I got up at 4:15 this morning.
Didn't get breakfast so as soon as they all left I made a protein drink. Just ate a healthy weight veggie mix.
I need to go read the posts:)

Janie,

Thank you. Right after lunch I am heading down to do my workouts. First, meditation. I know I should meditate afterwards. lol. I like to do things backwards sometimes. hehe.

Teddygirl,

Hey girl! There is something in the air right now cuz my computer was acting up last night and I couldn't get on and it made no sense at all to me. I found out that my SON must have made some changes to the connection unless it was a ghost. lol.

Was doing some window shopping and like this top..badass looking top...romantic side to it with a vampire appeal that says...I am a mysterious chic with an attitude! I might have to get it. check it out:

http://www.ardenb.com/catalog/product.jsp?categoryId=140&subCategoryId=164&productId=19433

Hey Maniacs! Have'nt worked out yet...Cuz I's benn doing me sum SHOPPING! Somebody stop me!:eek::eek:

Ok, I have a Haiku bag obsession thing going on. I just bought this one. It's tiny and oh so cute!

5007-629648-p.jpg

And also think I want this one. Cuz you can fit the little one above inside it and fit water bottles on the sides any everything. I love that kind of stuff!!

9755-753662-p.jpg

I also bought these! How freakin cute are they?
1396-822714-p.jpg

Char- Love that top!

Meg-Good to hear from you!

Patti and Shana- I've gained 5 lbs. just reading your recipes!

Hi to everyone else.

Patti: Close your eyes - the evil recipe follows :eek:;):p
OK, here is the recipe I mentioned last night.

Shana - Thanks for the recipes! I Think! LOL!:p Yum!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today I am going into the leaning out part of the Shape Up Program rotation. Starting off with legs today, but doing abs first (doing about 20 mins ab work) and then cardio for 45-60 mins. I still have 3 pounds to drop. My weight is insane and doesn't want to budge much so this rotation plus extra cardio is gonna do it.

Char - What is the Shape Up Program Rotation?

Linda, I'm gonna have to try some KB work. What DVD did you follow? Your workout looks awesome. Hope your little one feels better soon. Let us know.

Janie - KB's are great. This this morning I only did KB swings on my own between the Tabata sets instead of running, so no DVD. The only KB Dvd' I have right now are by AOS and Amy's new one. They are so expensive.:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.