Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Friday June 15, 2008

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Ladies -

This morning I did WSFL weights and cardio. Strength C, Circuits C & D. Workout was 50 Minutes and I burned 359 calories.

Have great workouts everyone.

YAY...it's Friday. For the first time in my life I actually have a job that I don't hate going to........but I still look forward to Friday's.....at least for now, while I have a weekend! Soon, I'll be working Saturdays.

Toasty - I missed you! Glad you had such a good time. I also just had my 20th anniversary and my ring is being sized.....got a platinum/diamond anniversary band. Can't wait to see pic's of yours.

Morning all! Welcome back toasty!

I did WS W3D5 as follows

STRENGTH
deadlift - 50 lb barbell - 14 lb vest - 8/8/8/8

CIRCUIT

stability ball jack knife / push ups
reverse lunge / cable row
6 rounds of 6 reps

squat dumbbell press 25 lbs
chin ups
6 rounds of 6 reps - this is the first time I did chin ups and I don't know if they should count! I sort of tried to pull up and hung there.

INTERVALS
30 seconds max with 90 seconds recovery
for max I did 1st round - plyo jacks 2nd round jump squats - 3rd round burpees 4th round plie jacks - 5th and 6th round jump rops with 2 to 3 reps per second.

walked for the others.

Yesterday was bad eating day. I had to work extremely late and came home and had peanut butter crackers and a glass of wine before crashing.

Have a great day everyone.

Good Morning!

Lora - so glad you're enjoying your job! I agree I look forward to my Fridays!!!

Ally - Great Workout girl! You are kickin butt with it!

I did Turbo Scuplt this morning! Two weeks straight that I've been working out in the morings before work! Yay for me.

Hello to all that follow, and have great workouts! Welcome back Charlotte, I've MISSED you!!!

Hello to all that follow!

Morning Maniacs! TGIF! It's been a long hard week at work for me and I am so glad it's almost over!! These extra hours at work have totally worn me out and I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept like a log. LOL! I'm hoping to get out on my bike later today, haven't been on it since Sunday!

Lora- I'm glad you are likeing your job, that's wonderful! I'm still debating if I should get "Red Carpet Ready" (darn that Skwigg!). Don't you have it? If so, what do you think of it?

Char-Wow! Sounds like you had a great time with the hubster! What a great surprise with the ring and all. Can't wait to see pictures.:) I've seen that biking jersey you bought. It's a cool one!

Ally- Great workout! I'm not so sure about the pb crackers and wine though! Cheese and wine, yes, but pb crackers?? LOL!!!!!!!!

Sandy- Great job on the morning workouts! I haven't been able to do it. I just love to linger in the mornings and get my mind working (la la la) and by then it's time for work. Plus, I on the 6th Harry Potter book and that's when I've been reading.

Suz- I just saw that you weren't able to run the Bolder Boulder!!! OMG! I bet you were mad about that! Darnit! How are you feeling now, since the bike crash?

Later Crazies!

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Morning:D

Last night, I did Strike Zone and that was ENOUGH I forgot about all the side raises and kicks, had a good workout. This morning, I was scheduled to do upper body but I decided to save that for this evening. Instead I did CC6.

Cardio Stats:

54:00 minutes
420 calories burned
3.80 miles travelled

Lora: I bet you are getting good results I checked out the site. I wish I could get this workout but, just can’t afford it. Keep up the good work:)

Ally: Nice job. You just inspired me. Instead of wiping the dusks off my chin up bar and every now and than when walking in my bedroom, I'll do just ONE chin-up I’m going to start using it. Need to do a search on forum, there was an article someone posted how to increase doing chin-ups. Thanks.

Okay need go order CC8, bbl

Good Morning Maniacs!!!!

So good to be back. I have to workout my jello body today..haven't workout in a week as ya know. Gonna do shoulders/abs/legs. Got to mow the grass too. Already very hot outside.

Uploading pics here in a few..check back in 30 mins.

Bionics,

So you seen the biking outfit? Yeah, it is cool. Will take pictures of me wearing it when the time comes. Good to hear from you again.

Lora,

Glad to be missed. Hope everything is going well for you.

Teddygirl,

Very nice workout! How's things going. You keeping your man in line??? hehe.

Sandy,

Got your messages. Thanks for the comments and such. Glad to be back home again, but was a very good time.

Ally,

Very nice workout.

Toasty: I missed you, glad you are back. Yep, I'm keeping him in line. I can’t wait too see pictures. Did you meet any ghosts:+

Had a great cardio workout this morning. I did one of the Cardio Coach mixes I made up. It was very fun and I really challenged myself this morning. My cardio endurance seems to be excellerating greatly after my week off. With the last challenge in this mix I got my HR up to 171 bpm. My highest in level 4 is 176 (and has never been reached) and until today I have never seen anything above 166. So I am flying about this. And the thing is I was breathless when I got done, but not dying like I usually am. It felt great!

I attempted to do the ab work from BM2. Attempted is the key word here. I don't know what is going on with my neck/shoulder muscle that I always have problems with. I figured with my week off and it has technically been over 2 weeks since I've done shoulder/trap work, that this muscle would have heeled by now. I did the first 8 reps of the hip lifts and that damn muscle spasmed again. It hurt like hell. So I had to stop, rub it out and I just figured I'd do abs tomorrow if I have time. WTH? I don't get why this is such a problem all the time. It's getting old.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]

[font color=blue]50 minutes
40 minutes in zone
332 calories burned
3 miles travelled
[/font]

If anyone is interested, this was the mix:

Warmup
Steady State
Volume 7, challenge 1
Steady State
Volume 3, challenge 1
Steady State
Volume 3, challenge 3
Cool down

Char - Glad to see you're back! Missed you girl!

Good Morning, got my workout over. I started with itread and tush #19 and stayed on the treadmill a little longer. Even the lower body work between intervals kept the HR up while doing mountain climbers and walking lunges. Total workout was 1hr 6 min and I burned 519 calories. Then I did Amy Bento's All Pump Extreme doing the multi joint segment and then the total body premix skipping core which I will do tomorrow. Total Calories burned today was 938.
I was only in my zone for 27 minutes. Total workout time was 2 hr and 19 min. When I finished I did the first part of Keli Roberts Foam roller flexibility workout to roll out my shoulders and back.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Meals for today:

M1: BSN shake (post w/o)
M2: 1 1/2c flax cereal w/cup of organic ff milk I’m bad right after I ate (6 marshmallows)
M3: 1 lg eggplant w/weight watcher pita bread & ketchep
M4: apple w/string cheese
M5: chicken spinach salad (from yesterday)
M6: ????

Afternoon Maniacs,

Sorry, I've been away. Just really busy and trying to catch up on things, life is feeling kind of out of control. Sorry I don't have the time to go back and read what everyone is been up to so I hope I didn't miss anything important. Anyway this has been my second week of WS and these w/o are exhausting! I couldn't imagine doing this any longer than four weeks!

Monday
Strenght
Squat to parallel hold for 2 seconds
8/8/8/8 - 112#

as many sets of 12 in ten minutes
Circuit C -
Romanian Deadlift
5 sets of 12 - 97#
Swiss Ball Crunch
5 sets of 12 - did first few sets with 5#, then wanted to puke so put it down.

Circuit D
Step Ups
5 sets of 12 - 12's
DB Swing
5 sets of 12 - 32#

Interval A
Max intensity 30 sec., 90 recovery for 6 rounds- used 4DS BC drills 1,2,3,5,6,8

Tuesday
Cardio - High intensity 1 min, moderate intensity 2 min, 4 rounds. % minutes low intensity then 20 minutes moderate.
I used DM Drill #5 for HI, Than ran arounf w/o area for MI, did the practice section from AB ASC for 5 min, than combos 1 & 2 for 20 min MI.

Wednesday
Strenght
Incline DB Press
8/8/8 - 38's
Three Point DB Row
8/8/8 - 45#

as many sets of 6 in ten minutes
Circuit A -
Push Up And Prone Jack knife on ball
7 sets of 6
Reverse Lunge w/ db offset
7 sets of 6 - 37#

Circuit B
Squat & Press
7 sets of 6 - 22's
Chin ups/Lat Pulldowns
7 sets of 6 - 1 unassisted, 4 assisted, than form got ugly because forearms were burning so I switched to lat pulldowns with a band for last two sets

Interval b
Max Intensity 2 min, recovery 2 minutes, 3 rounds, use AB BC drills 1, 2, 5, walked in place for recovery

Thursday
Cardio - High intensity 1 min, moderate intensity 2 min, 4 rounds. % minutes low intensity then 20 minutes moderate.
I used IMAX2 intervals 2,5,6 & 7 for HI, Than did combos 3,6,7,8 for MI, did the warm up from AB ASC for 5 min, than combos 1,2 & 3 for 20 min MI.

Friday
Strenght
Traditional Deadlifts
8/8/8/8 - 95#

as many sets of 12 in ten minutes
Circuit C -
Romanian Deadlift
5 sets of 12 - 98#
Swiss Ball Crunch
5 sets of 12 - did first few sets with 5#, then wanted to puke again, so put it down again

Circuit D
Step Ups
5 sets of 12 - 15's
DB Swing
5 sets of 12 - 37#

Interval A
Max intensity 30 sec., 90 recovery for 6 rounds- used step and did jump up, over the tops, straddle jumps, wide lunges, wide jumps and power 15's & 3's for MI can walked in place or whatever for recovery

That's all from here, hope all are doing well!

Charlotte, your rings are beautiful. The place you stayed is very nice. Bet you really enjoyed it. Sorry you didn't see any ghosts LOL You look like such a happy couple and I have to say you look so young! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Debbie,

Missed you too!

Diane Sue,

Thank you. The place was very nice and so were the people. The beds were not the most comfortable, but that was o.k.

Well I finished my ab workout and now to do shoulders. Getting late. Had so many things going on today. My pushmower wheel came off and had to mow like a monkey..holding one side of pushmower up and pushing forward with other arm til I got the front of lawn mowed and then had my neighbor help me as he came over on his tractor. My daughter needed new tires for her car so I had to run around for that too..it was never ending. Like to be busy though...was sitting in the car for so long during our trip..good to move around.

Hi Ladies,

I have been wanting to join your check in chats but was a bit apprehensive. You are all so disciplined. But, what the heck. I w/out 6 days a week and my biggest goal is trying to eat clean and get rid of the junk. So, I guess I will post what I eat and please anyone just shout out to me if there is something I need to trash and replace with something better. My one problem is meeting a good daily caloric number. If I still could use some calories at the end of a day, I know I can make a protein shake, but what time of day should be a cutoff? I will probably have many questions in the future and hope you ladies can help.

So, today I did Sharon Twombley Athletic Step Jam.

Meals:

1-protein pancake, some skim milk, sugar free syrup (Don't know about this for clean)

2-BSN shake with some banana and peanut butter

3-turkey (3ounces)ate a half of a mini chocolate chip muffin (not clean-I know, I am a chocoholic how do I get over that?)

4-salmon burger, green beans, small salad w/light dressing

5-fiber one yougurt

Was this enough for today? Any suggestions welcome.
Roselyn

Toasty - nice pic's.....I swear you have such a baby face. In a couple of those pics where you don't look like you have much (if any) makeup on, you look like a teenager! Glad you had a good time and had a romantic trip. I know how much quality time with your DH makes you happy. The ring pic is a little fuzzy...but from what I can see, it's beautiful. Good for you!!

Lora,

Thanks. Always nice to look like a teenager. You look pretty young yourself. We had a teen wait on us when we ordered drinks. She insulted us and said we looked waaaayyyy passed 21. I laughed and she tried to "undo" what she said..was a real mess. hehe. No harm. Yes, love the time I have with him. Has been nice. However, he will be starting up with the traveling stuff again, just for this month as others are taking vacations. I will manage just fine though. I must have taken about 7 shots of pictures of the ring..kept coming out blurry. The ring has 16 little diamonds around it and the center one is 1/2 karat. Must have looked thru 8 jewelry stores to find the right one as my fingers are tiny and most of the rings looked too bulky on my finger. Had to have this one downsized to a size 5 too.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.