Hardcore Fitness Maniacs December 19, 2008

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Been a frustrating week for me with trying to get in workouts. I plan out my day and someone or something comes along and messes it all up!:mad: It has been quite busy at home for me with trying to catch up on everything and get all the presents wrapped after the shopping. Just alot going on and alot of unexpected stuff.

Today I am just gonna go off on my own..take the phone off the hooks and get in a total body workout. I need to workout everything at this point, but I have been keeping up with ab work though.

Diane: Thank you! I figured it out, I ordered Providence, I been wanting that one since I seen him on u-tube. Maybe after Xmas I’ll run up to Walmarts and get me a 2/20lb Kettle bell.. I have a feeling that I’m going to fall deeply in love with this workout, just like when I was introduced to Cathe.

So much for getting me a wall mount, for now! I went to Kohl’s yesterday and purchased me a carpet cleaner, I get so tired of renting. Also, brought clothes for my GK's:D They are having a nice sale.

Today is our Xmas party oh….boy……… That’s alls I can say! Tons of food:rolleyes:

Hi Toasty:rolleyes:

ADD-ON
Our you guys cooking for Xmas? I’am!

Here’s my menu, just thought I share, can you tell I am hungry, lol

Chicken wings baked & fried
honey baked ham or Giant Eagle’s
dressing
mac and cheese
sweet potatoes
mustard & collard greens
corn bread

cheese cake

Last edited:
Morning!

Here is yesterday's workout.

LEGS
Round 1
Squats (warmup): 50# - lots of reps and different counts

Front Squats w/wedge: 60# - 2 sets/12 reps
Dumbbell Deadlifts: 25's - 2 sets/different reps and counts

Round 2
Dumbbell Plie Squats: 25# - 1 sets/16 reps; 40# - 1 set/16 reps

I really wasn’t feeling like I was working to my potential and needed more so I went back to beginning and repeated those exercises with heavier weight.
Squats-70#
Front Squats-70#
Db Deadlifts-30#
Db Plies Squats-35#

Leg Press: 25# - 2 sets/12 reps

Round 3
Low Plain Lunges: 15's - 2 sets/10 reps

Leg Press w/Ankle Weights: 20# DB & 5# AW - 2 sets/12 reps

Round 4
Step Outs w/Purple Band the repeated and did it with my Silver Band

Squats: 70# - tons of reps w/different counts

Then I did the Butts & Guts floor work stopping at Pizza Press and added in Firewalkers w/medium band and bonus Glute Squeezes…

Butts & Guts Abs

Have to take my mom to the Cardiologist this morning. BBL to catch up and post today's workout!

Morning Maniacs! Today's workout is NO workout.:p Just worn out from work and need a calm morning with no stress. No snow shoveling this morning (thank goodness), but we are supposed to get more snow later today. I'll leave that for the boys!

Toasty- That is exactly why I never commit to a rotation in Dec. It always gets screwed up with unexpected things...like snow.:D

Teddy- I'll be coming to your house for Christmas dinner! Yum! My family will all be bringing something to the party. My list is gravy, layered bean dip, chips and other dips.:D

Sonya- I'm behind on how your mom is doing. I'll be keeping her in my prayers.

Hermia- You did good on resisting the kb workouts. I'm so weak. I have Chalene Extreme coming and have no idea how I'll use the kb workouts.:rolleyes: But hey, they were on sale!:p

Later people...off to eat my M&M and Kit Kat breakfast....KIDDING kinda, lol.

Good morning everyone!!!

Today was suppose to be an hour of cardio but I woke up with a headache and low back pain from yesterday's workout. I stretched out a bit and felt a little better so I decided to do a half hour of cardio and then do the calf and ab work that I didn't do yesterday. Worked out good, my legs and low back loosened up and I feel better now.

I chose Cardio Coach #3 and did really well with it. Pushed myself and that felt great.

Cardio stats:
35 minutes
29 minutes in zone
208 calories burned
2.1 miles travelled

Then I did the Calf work from 4DS Shoulders and the Ab work from Cardio & Weights.

Total stats:
55 minutes
34 minutes in zone
291 calories burned

I want to be snowed in!!!! Dammit, we didn't get anything but FREAKIN' RAIN!!!! I'm so sick of rain!!!! :mad:

ILUVSCHOOL: Nice job, girl!:rolleyes:

Dallys: come on, :D I did that for TG made a few items and we partied at my sis house. But, this time, :D I got to cook, my GK our coming over and I hear them now GM I'm hungry :p Happy Times! .

Debbie: Woman, you are killing me with this snow thang. I hope it snows only on your street, right over you house :D if you want honesty I don’t like snow :eek:actually I hate :cool: Me, I prefer rain over snow any day.

Me and the kids just returned from the dentist.:p
Here's what I did this morning.

Superset A
Step Ups
8/8/8 - 30's
Grasshopper Pushups
10/10/10 per side

Superset B
Renegade Rows
8/8/8 - 30's
SB Leg Curls
20/20/20
SB X-Body Mountain Climbers
8/8/8 per side

Superset C
Hanging Knee Raises
8/8/8
SB Rotational Jackknife
8/8/8 per side
Plank on SB
30 sec hold x 3

Then cardio at a 30/90 ratio using Powerups from Amy's ASC 1.

Debbie
- I am with you, I want some snow! Enough with the rain already!
Well, I have to go work on some projects!

Last edited:
This morning I did Providence Repeating parts of it, then Amy Bento's 10 minute solution Hot Body Bootcamp cardio weight drills, finished off after dropping my granddaughters off at school with Tracey's Yoga Solutions w/up and Post Kickbox segment. Total calories burned today was 868 hr got up to 160 and 40% fat

Workout went like this Joint mobility warm up 5 minutes
round 1: 2 handed swing, 1 arm swing, hand to hand swing,
20# kettlebell 30 sec. 2 handsing, left arm swing then right 30 each, alternating arm swing 30 seconds
round 2: cleans 20# kettlebell reps 5,4,3,2,1,each arm, then alternate
round 3: chest press 15# 5,4,3,2,1 reps alternating 5 rt, 5 left etc then alternating 1&1 to finish
round 4: squat/sumo deadlift 30 sec ea w/25# squat, sumo deadlift,squat, sumo deadlift (you switch hands with the kettlebell on each squat set
round5: 1 leg deadlift 25# kettlebell 5 slow right, 5 slow left to end of 2 minutes
round 6: windmill into overhead squat 15# kettlebell 30sec each windmill right, squat overhead, windmill left, squat overhead
round 7: clean and press 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 reps left then right then alternate to end of 2 minutes
round 8: flip and squat/or high pull squat: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell I did the high pull version
round 9: tactical lunge: 2 minutes 25# kettlebell alternating legs in the lunge
round 10: triple crush, 2 minutes 25# kettlebell 30 seconds each tri and bi combo, triceps only, biceps only, tri and bi combo
round 11: sling shot into figure 8 with a static hold 30 seconds each figure 8's, sling shot right, figure 8's, sling shot left 25# kettlebell
round 12 seated press 2min 20# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1 right and then left, then alternate to end
round 13: one arm row 25# kettlebell 5,4,3,2,1, switch
round 14: pullovers, russian twists, sicilian twist 25# kettlebell 2 minutes
round 15: 3 minutes snatch test 15# kettlebell snatching right (I actually did this 5 minutes the first time through because my son in law came in with grandbaby before I was through so I started over)

I then repeated rnd 1 swings, rnd 2 cleans, rnd 8 tactical lunge, rnd 9 triple crush, rnd 10 sling shot into figure 8, rnd 11 seated press, rnd 12 1 arm row, rnd 13 pullover, russian twist, sicilian crunch, bonus 3 minute snatch test

Teddy, glad that you got to order Providence:) Sounds like you are having lots of fun. Walmart doesn't have kettlebells here. I got mine at Target and Academy Sports and Outdoors. And the 35# at Amazon. I am not cooking Christmas dinner but I am making pies and deviled eggs to take. I will probably cook a turkey breast to have here for dh and I though.

Linda, I was reading one of the training notebook things in Muscle & Fitness Hers about doing the barbell reverse curl. They added a 411 to this, saying when you end the arm or biceps workout, to follow with wrist curls. It says they can help ease teh symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome. It suggests you stick with the barbell or use a body bar.

Dallys, LOL on breakfast. I went to Starbucks for coffee this morning and bought my granddaughter a donut. She kept trying to give me bites:p I didn't eat breakfast and am having some toasted oatmeal and yogurt for lunch. So many goodies come my way:eek: You will figure out a way to use those KB workouts:) I can't wait to hear your thoughts on Chalene Extreme.

DianeSue - Thanks for the head's up. I ran and got my issue of M&F Hers and checked it out. Have to admit, I am not sure how wrists curl help Carpal Tunnel?

Hey again! I just got back from Christmas shopping and came home with a 18# and a 26# Kettlebell for myself.:p:eek::cool:

Here's my story::D

First I went to Target. I put the 15#er in my cart and walked up to pay, then I thought, geez, I should get the 20#er instead, what am I thinking... I went through this mental gymnastics about 5 times I swear! I ended up buying the 20#er($53 something after tax). Then as I drove home I spotted a "Play it again Sports" Store. I swerved in to see if they had Kettlebells and they did! Theirs were cheaper and tinier too (so cute!). I got the 18#er for $27 and the 26#er for $39 (they are $1.50 a lb). I was happy because I really wanted those specific weights for some reason.:rolleyes: I then took the Target one back. So now I have the bells and no instruction DVD. Hopefully I can figure it all out though once I get Providence and Newport .:cool: Oh and my Chalene's have shipped, so I'm gonna be busy!:eek:

Note to self: You are not allowed to buy anymore fitness stuff for a looooog time. You are completely out of control!

I am stuffed!:p Before our Xmas party started I ran out to Giant Eagle to buy me a salad from the salad bar. Damit! Minus the salad cost me $5 big ones and then I brought a bag of salad. Any ways, I ended up eating about 5 wing dings and my salad and had a diet 7-up I did good, me think:eek:

Diane: Did you use the 20lber for the entire workout? nice workout, woman!;)

Dallys: You've been busy glad you got your kettle bells and at a good prices and some nice weights, too.

I went to Kohl’s AGAIN, after our Xmas party. Man oh man Kolh's is getting alls..... me $$$$$$$ brought me 2 pairs of cords gray and brown and yet another cream sweater. I finished up my shopping for my grand daughter and my step grand daughter and I got my grandson a truck, My son told me not to buy him any toy they have way too many, oh well, this weekend going to finish up buying my 2 grandsons clothes and I……..AM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,DONE:eek::eek::eek:
I really am starting to feel overwhelmed! Why? (A) because, I need to clean appt and clean carpet. (B) wash my dreads, takes houuuuuurs to do (C) major cooking & shopping.

Last edited:
Teddy- Sounds like you are an out of control shopper like me lately.:p
Would love to see a picture of the dreads.:cool:

Oh boy, here comes the snow again!:eek:

We just came back from our grandchildren's school Christmas parties:)

Linda, I was wondering how that would help carpal tunnel syndrome but I am always willing to try something just in case it might be just what I need:)

Dallys, you will figure it all out. You can watch some moves on you tube clips. I did watch the Go Fit Iron Core instruction quite a bit. I think the girl on those talks like she is talking to children or something. But there is good instruction. I think the weights that you got are good. And you got a good deal. I use my lighter one for the overhead stuff.

Teddy, I switch up my weights on the kettlebells. 15 lb for most overhead stuff, 20 lb for swings, cleans, and seated overhead press since I have had some shoulder issues before I started. Then I use the 25# for the squats, lunges, core/abs, back. It really depends on the move and the speed of the move how heavy I go.

Diane Sue- I found this free e-book about kb. Kettlebell Smart Start with Lisa Shafer
http://www.davedraper.com/pdfs/BeginnerEbook3.pdf

I have another e-book saved that the only resent link I can find has it selling for $39.95. I got it ages ago for free and I could email it to you (I think) if you want it. It's Kettlebell training for sport by Jason C. Brown. It's 77 pages and has tons of workouts and cool exercises.

Anyways, I've hid my kb's from dh because he just bought me a new fork and handle bars for my bike.:eek: I'm just not this special, lol!

Hey Maniacs!!

Did a Total Body workout today with 2 min rest inbetween sets:

TRICEPS
Lying BB Ext 40# 3/8
Dips w/90# 3/8
Overhead Ext 35# db 3/8

BACK
Lat Pulldowns 100# 3/5
Chin Ups 6/5/5
Deadlifts 120# 3/8

LEGS
Squats 200# 3/8
Leg Ext 85# 1 set of 8 then increased to 90# and finished last 2 sets

CHEST
DB Press 30's 3/8
Pushups 30
DB Flyes 30 1 set of 6 then dropped to 25's and finished 2/8

SHOULDERS
Front Lat Raises 10's 3/8
Overhead Presses 25's 3/8
Circle Flyes 8's 34x's

ABS
MM Abs and BM2 Abs

I did some bicep work yesterday evening, but it was brief. Was from the 4DS Premix #9 so I didn't feel the need to work them out again.

Sounds like everyone is getting ready for Christmas.

Diane Sue- I found this free e-book about kb. Kettlebell Smart Start with Lisa Shafer
http://www.davedraper.com/pdfs/BeginnerEbook3.pdf

I have another e-book saved that the only resent link I can find has it selling for $39.95. I got it ages ago for free and I could email it to you (I think) if you want it. It's Kettlebell training for sport by Jason C. Brown. It's 77 pages and has tons of workouts and cool exercises.

Anyways, I've hid my kb's from dh because he just bought me a new fork and handle bars for my bike.:eek: I'm just not this special, lol!

Bionics,

I haven't forgotten. I just haven't had anytime and so I should be able to send it off next week for ya. Been a madhouse here, but it is all good...just that time of the year.

Bionics,

I haven't forgotten. I just haven't had anytime and so I should be able to send it off next week for ya. Been a madhouse here, but it is all good...just that time of the year.

Don't worry about it, no hurry. It's a madhouse here too and I can't wait for things to get back to "normal", whatever that is...can't remember, lol.

Hey Peeps!

I'm baaaack!!! We decided to leave at a moment's notice because there were storms coming in left and right and we had to leave my dad's to beat one that was coming in that night (he ended up getting 4 inches) but unfortunately we hit a big storm that night in the Cascades - chains required (we didn't need them since we had 4WD). It was NASTY! We pretty much hit storm after storm and had icy roads for 3500 miles. We saw SO MANY accidents, cars in the ditch, semi trucks in the ditch and jack-knifed that it wasn't even funny. It was the trip from hell! But if we didn't leave when we did who knows how long we would have been stuck there b/c they were expecting ANOTHER storm tomorrow. They get 2-3 snowstorms a year and they had 3 while we were there!

Hermia - My dad is in Sequim. One of the driest places in Washington. HA! I hope you have fun with your family.

Debbie - and everyone else who commented on the trainer - I have a funny feeling that her and her husband might own that gym. I'm not positive though. Scary! The guy who owns it apparently cycles from what I heard and she taught a spin class while I was doing a cardio workout one night (I couldn't hear my Cardio Coach workout AT ALL b/c she had the music turned up SO LOUD and then she was yelling above that, but it was great for the class - I should have taken the class!). It was actually a kick @ss class and so I'm not sure if her eating is off or if she only does that class once a week b/c she did mention that she wouldn't be teaching it the following Wednesday but she worked those people HARD for an entire hour.

But as for her having NO IDEA how to spot me, that was ridiculous. If I had no upper body strength I would have been in trouble! Not to mention the fact that I wanted a spot for pullups, NOT chinups. I had already done my chinups and my bicep work! But it did let me know that I am stronger than I thought in the chinup department. :D

Diane Sue - I'm not sure how those poor elderly people can work out there because it's so cold. Once you get moving you're better, but that one woman in the parka never did take it off. Other people had coats on and kept them on. Even the trainer was wearing an outside type coat when she was warming up on the bike. There is another gym coming to town, so it will be interesting to see what gym it is (if it's a chain) and what happens when they come to town.

I didn't work out today. :( I did great keeping up while I was away and am just behind on shoulders and biceps (today's workout) which I will do tomorrow. I thought I must have gained at least 5 or 6 pounds, but I didn't gain a thing. Not sure how b/c I ate a TON of Oreos!!!!!

No workout for me today either...sigh. Just so much to do and I am finally getting to some cleaning and present wrapping. I still have loads of grading but I don't know that much more of it will happen tonight. I am going to start dinner in a bit and still want to get more in the way of cleaning and wrapping done.

dallys, I so hear you on the mental gymnastics...I do that all the time. Cool about your kettlebell purchases, though! I will eventually go that route.

Teddygirl, your Christmas menu sounds delicious! Do you like to cook? I've been starting to cook way more lately than I have up to this point in my life...not that that's saying much as I've barely cooked before. I am finding it oddly enjoyable, though. My mom feels bad she didn't teach me more culinary skills while I was still at home, lol. I plan on cooking for my family some while I'm home, cuz not much cooking happens over there, so it'll be a good change of pace. Back to work...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.