HARDCORE FITNESS MANIAC HOTTIES TUES 2/9

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES
Yesterday was cardio and I did the express premix on the Cardio Core Circuit. 30 minutes and done, you gotta love that :eek:

My ropes came in yesterday and they are huge. I got the 1.5 in diameter. I want to use them this weekend.

T

Morning :D

This morning, me did disc-10 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. I can't wait to start recovery week, because, I only lost 1 freaking lb in 4 weeks, arrrgh:eek: neeed moooooore caaaaaaardio:eek: Need to clean my diet up a bit to:eek:

Buttercup78-Nice workout, I see you are an evening workout person, huh? I use too b. Now, as soon as I get home I do a few chores and in the bed by 8pm. Have a wonderful day:)

Diane: Nice workout yourself on yesterday. Yep, I added 4DS with STS, I tell you tho me doing 4DS REALLY help strengthen me I was able to keep up with Cathe. I am really not a endurance person, I like slow and heavy with a break before moving to the next exercise, that’s just me.

Debbie and Theresa: I decided to do a recovery week, only because I need much more cardio need to shed layer of fat. Thanks guys.:)

Last edited:
Hi Teddy: Yes I workout around 4-5 b/c I can't even form a sentence until after 10 :p
I think the rest week will be good, and I hear you on the scale. Do you take measurements? They may change and the scale may not. It may help be another positive motivator :D Have you tried the Shock Cardio HIIT? Those should do the trick

Theresa

So today I'm in a better frame of mind today. Probably because I worked out. Had a great one. Same workout as last Monday but in superset format. Workout only took a half hour. I got on my treadmill for a quick 1 mile walk afterwards. Kept my HR at 120 bpm.

Supersets were 2 sets of 18 reps with 2 minutes rest between each superset.

SS #1
Incline Kickbacks - 8's
ss w/
Hamstring Curls - 37# (up 2#)

SS #2
Hammer Curls - 17's (up 2#)
ss w/
Lateral Raise - 8's (up 2#)
***Got a great burn in the biceps with this one. Shoulders as well. Good superset.

SS #3
Flat Dumbbell Flyes - 22's
ss w/
Double Arm Dumbbell Row - 22's
***Last set of dumbbell rows was only 14 reps. Felt a pull in my low back so I stopped immediately. I'm good, though.

We are in for a huge snow storm today and tomorrow. I cannot wait for summer.

Debbie - I here you on Spring! We are going to get that same snow storm and it will be dumping another 10 - 15 inches on top of the 24 inches of snow we still have out there!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Theresa - My x-rays were read by a radiologist, but I just put a call into my doctor and asked about the swelling. Waiting to hear his thoughts.

Teddy - enjoy your recovery week!

Debbie - Just looked at your post again. What is an incline kickback?

No workout for me again today!:D:D:D:D

Hi Teddy: Yes I workout around 4-5 b/c I can't even form a sentence until after 10 :p

That's funny :):) Now, me, I am a morning person, love it. I have noticed my clothes are slightly a tab bit loser, not much.:eek: No I haven’t tried SC yet, only seen a few.

Teddy - enjoy your recovery week!

Linda: Hi :) recovery week starts next week. it is going to be a cardio fest. Have are you healing?

Linda-I assumed they were read by a Rad, but I have to ask. Some docs think they can read their own (I can think of about 50 here that do it). are you following the rice protocol (rest, ice, compression, elevation)? I hope they get you figured out, it's been a few weeks, correct?

AND HOLY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS ON ALL THAT SNOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

theresa

Linda-I assumed they were read by a Rad, but I have to ask. Some docs think they can read their own (I can think of about 50 here that do it). are you following the rice protocol (rest, ice, compression, elevation)? I hope they get you figured out, it's been a few weeks, correct?

AND HOLY SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS ON ALL THAT SNOW :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

theresa

Theresa - In all honesty I am not following the RICE protocol at all!:p It has been just over a week . Unless they were to tell me something was really wrong with it, I am the the proverbial Bull in a China Shop and I will just continue to carry on as normal. :confused: And yes it's been a long time since we have seen this much snow!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Oh, and I just thought I share a few shots of last weeks project. In the first shot if you can see past my DD's adorable face :)p:D) she is standing on my bed and you will see the plain white walls of my bedroom. If you look close you can even see the sheet rock repair at the corner of the doorway. Second shoot is of the same corner painted, minus my adorable DD:p. The room is not finished yet, as it still need curtains and such. But I love the color!

Attachments

• DSCF4460.jpg
    DSCF4460.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0617.JPG
    IMG_0617.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 22
Linda - Incline kickbacks are where you lean on an inclined bench (like if you were to do incline bench press but you turn the other way and your face is against the bench) and then just do kickbacks at that angle. It really puts a hurt on the muscle because of the incline. Wow, you guys got a lot of snow! We have 5" on the ground right now and are expected to get at least anothter 5-8". :eek: And I love your room! Wow, that is a beautiful color! It really accents your comforter. And your DD is a total doll!!! Awww!!! And you probably should at least ice your hand. I bet that would help the swelling a great deal.

Teddygirl - I can related to not losing weight or inches. I'm in the same boat and have been for months now. :confused:

Theresa - I love the fact the the STS cardio workouts are shorter workouts. I'm not sure I'd like the Hiit ones, though. They sound like fun but I'm not sure my knees would like it.

Linda - Question on your painting. How did you get the dark paint to not touch the white ceiling? The lines look so crisp. You did a great job!

Today I started with Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit and added the functional core only premix. 58 min and burned 548 calories Max Hr 171. Then I did Insanity Cardio Abs 16 min, 113 cal, followed by the abs from MMA kickbox using 8# dumbbells 8 min 52 cal.. Needed a good stretch so I did Kelly's 30 min to fitness bootcamp bonus stretch 18 min and 50 cal. Total calories today was 763. Time spent was 1 hr 44 min..

Theresa, can't wait to hear your thoughts on the ropes.

Debbie, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and the job. I so hate all of the snow. Got up this morning and the road looked clear despite some lingering snow and the sun is out:D Glad you got your workout in.

Teddy, I hear you on the endurance stuff. I do a lot of it but would much rather do slow heavy workouts. But I force myself to do what I don't like as well. Listen to Theresa, the scale is not always right. I used to do 2 hrs a day of cardio and still gained weight. I am trying to make myself stick to 1 hr or less cardio(doesn't always happen) and do my weights along with extra stretching. I finally dropped 2#:D I also think I dropped some body fat but hadn't taken the measurements for quite awhile because I was eating out and knew my eating was bad. I could just tell by looking at myself. Mirrors tell a lot. Been cleaning up the diet and I took measurements yesterday. Body fat was 12.6 so I don't feel bad about that because I am sure it was higher than that before I really started working on it. Cathe's new Shock Cardios and Insanities are a nice length and can really blast the fat.

Linda, 10 inches of snow is a lot. How is your hand doing?

Linda-First, your DD is adorable :p Second, that is a very nice color and a great job. I have plenty of rooms if you would like to come to Oklahoma :D

Diane Sue-those ropes are gonna be killer....Nice workout as usual. I really enjoy the cardio core circuit. It seems very efficient

theresa

Theresa - When you say "rope", do you mean a jump rope?

Diane Sue - Nice workout. I need to do that stretch again soon. I really liked it.

Hi Maniacs -

I'm off again today. I did 1/2 hour of Leslie's new Walk with Boosters. Got my HR up to 166! Then I did 1/2 hour of Zumba Rapido. Total calories burned at the end of cardio at 64" was 633. Then I did 20 Minutes of my new Winsor Slim Bootcamp that used 2-3 pound handweights (find this set USELESS so far - although my abs are a bit sore today). I also did Shiva Rea's Daily Yoga - Earth segment & forward bending 25" and then I finished with Ravi & Ana's Kundalini Yoga for Energy and Super Radiance 25". Total time was 2 hours 15" and I left my HRM running the entire time. Calories at the end were 1065.

We are getting the same snow storm. This weather is depressing the heck out of me. I HATE it.

Does anyone know what moves aggravate sciatica? I'm trying to figure out what not to do. I'm also unsure if I should be working my abs now or not. I'm so frustrated with my pain. Rolled my spine out on the foam roller for 1/2 hour last night while watch GH and soaked in the tub today....but it won't let up. I think this brutal weather is making me worse, as is hormones.

Have great days everyone.

Theresa - can't wait to hear about the ropes.

Deb - no news about the job yet?

Linda - I must have missed your post. What did they say is wrong with your shoulder?

Debbie-I got the 30 foot rope. I also got the kind that needs to be used outside. I will more than likely anchor it to the back of my car tire or around our arbor. There are quite a few moves to do, and it's totally non impact cardio. They weight about 18#. I think it will be pretty cool and I think the neighbors will think I am crazy (crazier than they already think I am) :D

Lora-I don't know much about what moves irritate sciatica. My Dad has the same issue and went to a neurosurgeon. He recommeded the bike for him b/c his legs go numb when he walks. I also got him the book that Debbie recommended and he seems to have gotten some good info from that.

Theresa

Linda - Question on your painting. How did you get the dark paint to not touch the white ceiling? The lines look so crisp. You did a great job!

Debbie
- First I will have to try those incline kickbacks, triceps are my favorite workouts! As far as the painting goes, I do all of that by hand, no tape no nothing. And if you get right up close to it, you can see it's a bit wavy!:p

Linda, 10 inches of snow is a lot. How is your hand doing?

Linda - I must have missed your post. What did they say is wrong with your shoulder?

Diane Sue & Lora - Lora the problem is my hand - I hit it a over aweek ago and it is still swollen in that area. The pain really comes when pressure is put on the sides of the hands and it is squeezed together, even gently. That and when pressure is applied that would hyper-extend the fingers if not resisted. Doctor's office called and they are going to refer me to an Orthopedist.

Linda-First, your DD is adorable :p Second, that is a very nice color and a great job. I have plenty of rooms if you would like to come to Oklahoma :D

theresa

Theresa
- Thanks on the compliments and be careful, I just might show up on your doorstep!:p:p Believe or not I actually like to paint.:D:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.