Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 5/18

Morning everyone. Thank you so much for the condolences. I am doing well but will miss my dad terribly. He was my hero.

Today began my supersets week. Had a great workout even though I really didn't feel like working out. Once I got started I was good to go.

Worked Back & Chest today.

8 minute warmup on treadmill.

45 second rest between each superset.

BACK/CHEST
SS #1
Unassisted Chinups: 9/5/5
superset w/
Barbell Bench Press: 70# - 8 reps; 80# - 8/8 reps
***Bench press felt really light at 70#. Not too happy with my chins.

SS #2
T-Bar Row: 55# - 10/10/10
superset w/
Incline Barbell Press: 60#/10; 65# - 10/10
***Didn't count the bar weight here because I'm not sure how much it weighs. I'm thinking 10#. I liked this superset.

SS #3
Low Incline Pullover: 40# - 12/12/12
superset w/
High Incline Dumbbell Flye: 30's - 12/12/9
***Last set of flyes about killed me. I liked this superset too. Chest was on fire.

That is all....

Morning Debbie- glad you are back. I have thought of you all week. Glad you had a good workout.

I did STS Disc 13- chest, shoulders and triceps. I did not blow dry my hair because I'm not sure I could have held up my arms that long. :eek: It was a great workout- LOVE this disc. :) Then I did C&W abs and stretch.

I tried a new protein drink today after my workout- Nature's Best Isopure Dietary Supplement. It was great- comes in a nice assortment of fruit flavors. I only drank half though- just didn't want all of it.

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie - Nice to have you back. You have been in my thoughts and prayers all weekend. I would love to have those chin numbers especially supersetting them with a chest press.

Had a happy day yesterday. A pair of pants that previously didn't fit are now getting loose.:D:D Also eating was off Fri. & Sat. due to Rehearsal Party & Wedding, but happy to say I didn't gain anything back.:D

Today started my new rotation. I choose a High Intensity Training (HIT) Rotation from the Sept/Oct 2008 M&F Hers magazine. It's split into upper and lower body so I will do each 2x a week. Basically you do two warm-up sets then one working set which consists of six drop sets. For upper body you only work one side of your body at a time, doing everything on one side before and repeating everything on the left. This morning went like this.

4DS HIS through first blast as body warmup.

2 warm-up sets of 10 reps for every exercise, doing one side at a time. (so everything on the right, then everything on the left, repeat)

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm Kickback - 8#
One Arm Row - 25#
One Arm Lat Raise - 5#
One Arm DB Curl - 12#
One Arm Overhead Press - 10#
One Arm Floor Chest Press - 20#

1 Working Drop Set, Rep Pattern 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 20, everything on one side.

One Arm Bent-Over Lat Raise - 15,12,10,8,5,3 #
One Arm Kickback - 20,15,12,10,8,5 #
One Arm Row - 45,40,35,30,25,20 #
***Had planned to go heavy here, but wasn't happening
One Arm Lat Raise - 15,12,10,8,5,3 #
One Arm DB Curl - 25,20,15,12,10,8 #
***Wanted to start 30# here, but after the rows I just couldn't
One Arm Overhead Press - 25,20,15,12,10,5 #
***Was toast by the end, had to do last set w/ 5# instead of planned 8#
One Arm Floor Chest Press - 35,30,25,20,15,10 #
***Did a floor press to keep shoulder out of the exercise as much as possible, also fried by the end of this and had to finish w/ 10# instead of the planned 12#

Let me tell you, by the end of those chest presses there is nothing left of that side of your body. Lots of not so nice things were coming out of my mouth this morning.:p I think this workout is going to be great for balancing out my left & right sides. I sure did notice their strength differences this morning.

Finished the workout with some stretches on my own, because I was out of time. Workout was 1:07 and I burned 415 calories (surprised by this number, expected it to be much lower :eek:)

Linda: Cool workout! I noticed a definite right /left imbalance this morning in my tricep work. I've never thought to do the entire right side, then the left. Hmm. Interested to see the leg workout.

Debbie - I thought of you when I woke up this morning. I have not been on the boards lately but got Charlotte's message about your dad. I am so sorry. Glad to hear that you are doing ok.

Linda - yippee again! You are doing great. I think I remember that rotation. My plan is to go through all of my old magazines and tear out what I want and organize them in a binder according to type of workout.

Patti - I am loving the GWF. It does not seem to be too terribly accurate in counting steps though. Have you noticed that? I'm getting a battery for the pedometer today so I can compare the two. I know for a fact that I am walking more steps than it tells me b/c I have counted what I walked and waited the minute for the update and it is not right.

OK - so, life got in the way but today I am back on track. I managed to keep up with my STS workouts even though they got pushed back a couple of days. I did two in a row, cardio yesterday so I am ready for the final week of STS starting today. Yesterday was CC#6 - warm up, steady and challenge 1 on SM (137 flights, 2.34 miles); steady 2 and challenge 2, running, on TM (1.25 miles), steady 3, challenge 3 and cool down on bike for 2 miles. Burned 600 calories exactly (weird b/c I didn't plan it that way this time - just good timing!), MAX HR 184, AVG HR 162, time 54:30. Then I did abs.

Happy day to all :)

Linda: Cool workout! I noticed a definite right /left imbalance this morning in my tricep work. I've never thought to do the entire right side, then the left. Hmm. Interested to see the leg workout.

Patti
- The leg workout uses more compound moves, squats, rom. deadlifts and such. So of course you do both sides together.:p

Linda - yippee again! You are doing great. I think I remember that rotation. My plan is to go through all of my old magazines and tear out what I want and organize them in a binder according to type of workout.

Shana
- Nice workout, max HR 184 :eek::eek::eek:! I have the same plan to go through my magazines (someday), but I am planning on scanning what I want to keep. Started with the binders, but that also was gonna take up a lot of room.:confused:

Linda - HOLY CRAP on that workout! :eek: :eek: :eek: I don't know if I could do each side alone. Wasn't it hard to balance? Nice job, I bet you will be uber sore tomorrow!!!

Sonya - I was reading about the diet you are following that Chad Waterbury and someone else promotes. I just want to say that I sure hope you are eating some clean meals. Using protein shakes for every meal is not a good thing and I'm actually shocked that Chad is promoting this type of diet. I'm wondering if he and his partner have any profits going to them for selling protein powder. Just be careful if you are following it, you did so well with just eating clean, I would stick to that. You KNOW it works.

And thanks everyone! You are all such great friends!!!

Last edited:
Shana: Nope, I didn't notice on the pedometer function- interesting. I did note that it caught my middle of the night bathroom trips (32 steps if you care :p) but figured it probably wasn't 100% during workouts or whatever. Eh, I kind of think 10% error is reasonable with this type of thing. Let me know what you burn in a day- it is illustrating when you couple that with what you are (or are not) eating! Oh and my HR doesn't GET to 184! :eek: I think my max HR is 170ish. :)

Linda: Hey, you could do one legged squats!! :p

STARVING today! I even had a grapefruit mid morning- I never eat a mid morning snack!

Morning everyone. Thank you so much for the condolences. I am doing well but will miss my dad terribly. He was my hero.
Debbie, Great job on your workout. My parents are my heros too. What a dirty trick that life has to be that way for most of us. As you can see, I just haven't come to terms with that at all. Remember the good times, enjoy your loved ones now as often as you can. My prayers and (hugs) are still with you, while you are going through this.

I did STS Disc 13- chest, shoulders and triceps. I did not blow dry my hair because I'm not sure I could have held up my arms that long. :eek: It was a great workout- LOVE this disc. :) Then I did C&W abs and stretch.
I tried a new protein drink today after my workout- Nature's Best Isopure Dietary Supplement. It was great- comes in a nice assortment of fruit flavors. I only drank half though- just didn't want all of it.
Patti, I remember that one! It is a tough one.:confused:

Had a happy day yesterday. A pair of pants that previously didn't fit are now getting loose.:D:D Also eating was off Fri. & Sat. due to Rehearsal Party & Wedding, but happy to say I didn't gain anything back.:D
Linda, I'm with Debbie on this one. You must have been very very sore. Good job well done.;) Congratulations on weight loss and fitting into a pair of pants that were once tight. I think I might have gained one or two pounds. I splurged one day, I won't do that again. The next time I splurge will be for only one meal, not the whole day. Darn!:mad::(:confused:

OK - so, life got in the way but today I am back on track. I managed to keep up with my STS workouts even though they got pushed back a couple of days. I did two in a row, cardio yesterday so I am ready for the final week of STS starting today. Yesterday was CC#6 - warm up, steady and challenge 1 on SM (137 flights, 2.34 miles); steady 2 and challenge 2, running, on TM (1.25 miles), steady 3, challenge 3 and cool down on bike for 2 miles. Burned 600 calories exactly (weird b/c I didn't plan it that way this time - just good timing!), MAX HR 184, AVG HR 162, time 54:30. Then I did abs.
Meowracer, Good for you to keep STS at a reach.:) Great workout!

Today Joey and I will do 4DS Low Intensity Step.

Janie

Workout this morning was 3 miles on the treadmill and weights from 4Day Split Triceps and Biceps. The first Pod went out this morning. DD and her DH are coming over to help pack and get ready for the movers that we are having come to load the heavy stuff tomorrow. This has just been crazy. Funny how we sent a whole large Pod out today and we could still living comfortably LOL

Sonya - I was reading about the diet you are following that Chad Waterbury and someone else promotes. I just want to say that I sure hope you are eating some clean meals. Using protein shakes for every meal is not a good thing and I'm actually shocked that Chad is promoting this type of diet. I'm wondering if he and his partner have any profits going to them for selling protein powder. Just be careful if you are following it, you did so well with just eating clean, I would stick to that. You KNOW it works.

Debbie...Hey there! Glad to have you back. Thought of you over the weekend. Will continue to keep you in my prayers. Like you, my dad is my hero too! :)

I hear ya about the V-Diet. I can't believe the original diet calls for protein shakes for 4 weeks with only 1 solid meal a week! :eek: I usually follow a "modified" version as I agree with eating actual food! Chad actually does the workout regimen for this program. It is Chris Shugart who does the diet. It is pretty amazing how many people actually follow it. There is a forum just for the V-Diet on FA. I just did the shakes yesterday (lost 2 lbs!). Don't think I could handle for more than a few days...and I agree eating clean is the better option. Keep hearing Tom's voice....burn the fat FEED the muscle! Had my egg whites and oatmeal this morning. :)

Linda...YOWZERS! What a workout!

Shanna...Hey there! I don't think I have ever gotten my heart rate that high!

Thinking today's w/o will be either plyometrics (have gotten great results w/STS plyo!) and HIIT with jumprope OR a CC.....haven't done one in a while.

Hello Patti, Janie, Diane Sue and everyone else.

Hello Maniacs-

This morning I did David Kirsch's 7 Day Rx -Legs, Butt & Abs and added on his Precore workout from his NY DVD and then added the Leg section on. I also added some cardio on. Workout was 1 hour & 35 minutes and I burned 560 calories.

I also did Classical Stretch for Stress Relief. My upper back and shoulders are so tight and spasmed. My legs are toasty also.

I think I might continue with this rotation for another week or 2. We shall see.

I just got some new Gabby Reece DVDs in the mail......and another series by a trainer who has trained some celeb's to lose their baby fat (not that I have any kids....just the fat part ...LOL).

I go into work at 3:30 today........and then I work 2 open to closes back to back on Tues and Wed...JOY!

Deb - I've been thinking about you also. I know it was very hard for me to lose my Dad, as I was always a bit of a Tomboy growing up! My prayers are with you

Hi to everyone else and great workouts so far!

Holy Cow you guys are busy today! My legs are pretty sore, but no bad pulls or anything in that area I was worried about. My outer hips are sore! I am going to do Lean 3 tonight.

Deb- glad you are back and big hugs to you.

Sonya- WOW on that diet. Not sure I could do that lol! Thanks for the info.

Jainie- it is alright to splurge once inawhile. Don't be to tough on yourself.

DianeSue- holy cow, that is alot of stuff! It will be over soon enough.

Linda- what issue was that workout in? Good job!

Patti- nothing wrong with a mid-morning snack lol!!

Debbie...Hey there! Glad to have you back. Thought of you over the weekend. Will continue to keep you in my prayers. Like you, my dad is my hero too! :)

I hear ya about the V-Diet. I can't believe the original diet calls for protein shakes for 4 weeks with only 1 solid meal a week! :eek: I usually follow a "modified" version as I agree with eating actual food! Chad actually does the workout regimen for this program. It is Chris Shugart who does the diet. It is pretty amazing how many people actually follow it. There is a forum just for the V-Diet on FA. I just did the shakes yesterday (lost 2 lbs!). Don't think I could handle for more than a few days...and I agree eating clean is the better option. Keep hearing Tom's voice....burn the fat FEED the muscle! Had my egg whites and oatmeal this morning. :)

Ok, good to know you are smarter then that! LOL! I knew you were, but I had to voice my opinion. And I'm glad to hear that Chad does the workout part and not the diet. He is a huge idol of mine and I hate to think he believes in that stuff.

Lora - Have you heard the remake of "Careless Whisper" by Seether? It ROCKS!!! :eek:

Where's Char???? :(

Deb - yes, and I saw them do it live....both Nickelback & Seether up on stage together for that song. It was great!

Deb - yes, and I saw them do it live....both Nickelback & Seether up on stage together for that song. It was great!

Oh man, I'm so jealous! I bet that kicked ass!!!! :eek: :eek:

MEALS FOR TODAY:

Low Cal Day

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: Cinnamon Pancake (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread w/ 1 slice provolone cheese & avacado
M5: 1/2 c. cottage cheese w/salsa (getting REAL sick of this)
M6: Salmon; salad w/lite Northern Italian dressing
M7: Chocolate protein pancake w/ 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB

1531 calories
52 g. fat - 30%
152 g. protein - 40%
119 g. carbs - 31%

Good breakdown. Need to find something to replace the cottage cheese. I can't take it anymore. :confused:

Ok, good to know you are smarter then that! LOL! I knew you were, but I had to voice my opinion. And I'm glad to hear that Chad does the workout part and not the diet. He is a huge idol of mine and I hate to think he believes in that stuff.

Debbie...LOL! Thanks! I am glad you voiced your opinion as I have alot of respect for you and the knowledge you bring to this forum. I know deep down inside it is not a healthy option it's just that I have gained 5 lbs and it is frustrating me! Granted my measurements are the same so I am hoping maybe a few of those lbs are muscle as I have been lifitng heavy for 3 months now!

I have major respect for Chad! His credentials are impressive and knowledge is enormous!

With that said here are my meals for today (as you can see I am eating real food!) :p

M1: 6 eggwhites/1 egg, 1/2 cup oatmeal w/flaxseed, blueberries
M2: protein shake, 6 pieces almond crunch
M3: 6 oz turkey breast, 1/2 whole grain bagel w/1 tsp lite mayo, 1/2 green bell pepper
M4: apple (pre-workout)
M5: 1 scoop surge (post-workout)
M6: 5 oz salmon, 1 cup broccoli
M7: protein shake w/ 1 tblspoon nat. p-nut butter
Calories: 1552, Carbs:109, Fat: 58, Protein:166

Did the 4DS Low Intensity Step/Shoulders and Calves. Burned 495 calories. Had our homemade Nutritional Protein Drink. Was soooo good.

Great workouts everyone!:)

Janie

Lora and Debbie - i saw the Nickleback and Seether thing too! It rocked!

How is everyone? It is a gorgeous day here. I did Jillian Michaels no more trouble zones this morning. WE just went from direct TV to comcast and I am having fun with the on demand stuff. My shoulders were so sore today. I have no idea why unless the gardening took more of a tool than I thought!.

Anywho, my eating has been bad. We had folks over for dinner on Saturday and then Sunday went to a baseball game. So I have to shape it up!!

Have a great day everyone!

Food for today:
M1: Oatmeal Custard
M2: Grapefruit (unplanned, I was STARVING)
M3: Vegetables stir fried with quinoa
M4: Cottage cheese and sugar free jello
M5: Spicy salmon loaf and spinach salad
M6: Strawberries and greek yogurt

Sonya: Glad you're eating real food- don't think I could not chew for very long, lol! Why don't you just check your BF%, then you would know not to worry about those 5 pounds? I'll bet they are all muscle! :eek:

Lora: I've heard good things about Gabby Reese's pregnancy DVD- I hope not to need it though! :p

OK gotta run- dinner time and the kids are still sleeping!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.