Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 4/20

Today was total body and I did Power Hour. This is the very first Cathe workout I ever bought. I had it on VHS originally! :) Great workout. Lots of high reps in this one, got the lactid acid burning today. Used very light weights and on some of the leg exercises I only used my body weight. It hurts to put the bar on my back right now.

Chest work is really irritating my neck/shoulder blade area so I had to quit the barbell presses about half way in. I feel like such a wimp right now.

I was sweating like crazy and I did feel like I got in a good workout. I'm liking the high reps right now.

Roselyn - I messed up, I thought LIS was Low Impact Step, not Circuit (thought that was a low impact step-only workout and then realized today that the one I wanted to use incorporates weights as well). LIS from 4DS is only 30 minutes so now I'm not sure what to do. Choose something that is at least 40 minutes long for this workout. I'll rethink it and update the rotation.

Good Morning!!

Debbie - Oh duh...I actually thought I messed up - I did LIC (which was quite a bit longer than 40 min - about 65) because I thought that was on the rotation - :eek:. I didn't even notice that I did the wrong workout today. I'm so sorry your neck isn't feeling better. Maybe it's time to see a doc? If you are anything like me you probably are in no hurry to do that, however. :)

I'm off to work and trying very hard to STAY IN CALORIE RANGE for the next week at least. Wish me luck!!

Cheryl

I finished my workout. I started with power ninty X Kempo Cardio+ 42 minutes, 308 calories, Max HR 159, intensity levels were 1 7:24 minutes, 2 2:22 minutes, 3 32:28 minutes.. Next I did Muscle & Fitness Tabata workout 2 legs & calves 38 minutes, 189 calories, max HR 144, I followed with, Butts & Guts floor work 19 minutes 67 calories, I added on the cardio drills from Cardio Kicks to loosen things up 16 minutes 116 calories Max HR 147, intensities were 1 :37sec, 2 1:55 minutes, 3 13:37 minutes. Finished with B&G stretch. Total calories burned today was 700.
Weights today
Tabata Each exercise 8 sets of 20 seconds work/10 seconds rest
Bowflex for all but standing calves
Squats 200# resistance
leg press 310# resistance
leg extension 160# resistance after the leg press & squats my quads were burning. By the last two sets my reps were dropping.
leg curl 70# resistance
standing calf raise 25# dumbbells
seated calf raise Bowflex 310# resistance
Butts & Guts I wore 5# ankle weights and held a 15# dumbbell over hips.

Debbie if you are looking for a shorter low impact cardio only workout, Low Impact Circuit had a 48 1/2 min premix that is cardio blast timesaver.

Cheryl - Did you do the weight part of LIC too? I went back and looked at my rotation and it said LIS. I edited it to say "cardio only" but it's only like a half hour I think. So now I'm going to change it again to show the premix Diane Sue told me about. That's what I'm going to do. Dangit, I hate when I mess up my rotations. Sorry about that!

Diane Sue - Thank you for telling me about that premix. I'm going to change the rotation to reflect that. I wanted to do that workout but didn't realize it was a circuit. Duh! So cool, I get to do something new tomorrow! Nice workout, girl!

About to go workout. OW. Cramps (ttotm - again?) :confused: . I had more ambitious plans for a longer workout broken into 2 parts today. I don't know. Hoping as I get moving things ease up. Sometimes that actually happens.

Debbie - Glad you enjoyed your workout and are being cautious :) . Sorry your neck's STILL hurting :mad:

Diane Sue - Great workout. Like the combination of cardio and strength training. Very thorough. Btw, when you incorporate the Extremely Ripped 1000 (please tell me I finally got the title right :eek: ) into your schedule, do you think of it as more of a cardio workout (perhaps one that uses weights as intensifiers), or as weight training?

Cheryl - Sounds like you got in a good workout. Hope you have a good day :) .

Theresa - Ugghhh on the jury duty. I struggle when things get thrown into my schedule by outside forces, too. Also, yes they ARE (in response to your affectionate term for pistol squats ;) )!!! Glad you're hanging in there.

Lori, I would say the weights are more intensifiers. It is mostly cardio. Yes, you have the name right:D The cardio only premix with the w/up is 41 minutes. There is only 13 minutes of mostly compound weight training between the cardios the 8 min of push up/ab floor work at the end. There is a weights only mix on it. Two 30 min mixes. The push up abs mix, and the cardio only mix. You have the option of following those using a step or doing the workout on the floor. I always use the step.

Debbie, I have used the premix quite a bit so I just had to go check and see how long it was:D

Debbie- I did the cardio only mix for LIC (I actually thought that's what you meant):). It was a pretty good workout, although I added a few drills at the end because it didn't seem like a really hard cardio workout. I thought better about doing weights 2 days in a row - LOL.

Lori - I HATE working out with cramps - YUK. I do it anyway, although I probably take too many Advil..... Also, I am a Nyquil addict. I take it so I can sleep through the night. I know it's probably not the best thing to do, but it's better than getting up every hour on the hour (sound familiar?), and with my crazy schedule it seems to work.

Diane Sue - I can't believe the amount of time you exercise every day!! In a way I am jealous - I mean - I wish I had more time to exercise, but I already get up at 2:30 am almost every day to fit in my workout and walk/jog with my dogs before starting a 9-10 hour work day. You go girl!!

Ok....that's all for now. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the day!!

Cheryl

Today has been one of those non-stop days. I did SC HiiT 30/30 this morning and now my shoulder has been aching pretty good this afternoon. Can someone please tell me why cardio would bother my shoulder?:confused: I mean I didn't do the squat thrusts or anything

Had planned to do the cardio drills only premix from SC Cardio Core Circuit and then this evening, the bodyweight exercise circuit I’d done a couple weeks ago. Was kinda looking forward to this, but ttotm sort of got in the way. Tough today. I decided to “just” do C C C “as is” (not the premix) and "take it easy" :confused: It really kicked my butt! Weird, because last time I did this workout I felt like I just soared through it. Not today. My stamina can really vary from workout to workout and it doesn’t necessarily seem to be related to how I’m feeling. I’ve had GREAT workouts when I felt horrible. Today though, my workout matched how I felt. I was just glad to have finished. Pretty crazy day and I’m not done yet. Work to do (but I‘ll save the second workout for a day or two). Maybe tomorrow will be better.

Cheryl - I took A LOT of Advil today (My stomach is gurgling even still :confused: ) . Sleep meds though - or anything that helps induce sleep (prescription or no) - seem to have a really bad effect on me. When DS was tiny, I used to get up at 3 to workout - 2:30 somehow sounds SO MUCH earlier :eek: !!!

Linda - The cardio bothering your shoulder is really weird. This may be totally off track, but something crossed my mind: You know how the rotator cuff muscle's originate on the Scapula? Since that’s sort of just a “floating joint," could the jumping and movement jostle them - or tense them (or something else) up so they irritate other muscles in a chain reaction? In HiiT training (or ANY training for that matter) , I’m pretty sure I tense up if I‘m pushing it. I imagine your doctor and you have thought of/covered this, but I was thinking about it after reading your post and that came to me [???]. Whatever it is, I sure hope you find your solution soon.

Diane Sue - I'm ordering it! ER 1000 sounds like such a good workout and I've found that I really enjoy cardio with weights added in as intensifiers. This would include Cathe's Circuit Blast. I just find it really fun and it's a form of training I've not done a whole lot of before. Thank you so much for taking time to explain so thoroughly :D !

Have a good night (if anyone's still around) -

Lori

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.