Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 3/11

orphylea

Cathlete
Hi ladies! I didn't check in yesterday- been busy around here and WORN OUT from the time change. I did STS #2 yesterday- back and triceps. I thought my 1RMs for this were pretty accurate. I also did KP&C this morning, plus the ab work. I do like this workout but as I said the other day, I'm good on it for a while. I don't think I'll be up for it for at least another month or more.

I've been thinking about where I want to go with my diet lately. I'm struggling to find a place that is sustainable and gets me results- hmm, maybe those goals are mutually exclusive. Ha! Now I'll go catch up and read yesterday.

Today was Back, Biceps and Abs and I had an excellent workout. Changed the exercises and really felt each one of them.

10 minutes on treadmill for warmup. (I like doing this)

45 second rest between each exercise

BACK
Double Arm Rows:
15's - 15/15 (warmup)

Australian Pullups:
12/8/7
***Never did this before. Gene got me the Perfect Pullup for Christmas and this is one of the exercises you can do with it. Very cool. Felt it in my back and biceps.

T-Bar Rows:
45# - 3 sets/12 reps
***Could have gone heavier. Concentrated on holding the contraction.

Dumbbell Pullovers:
30# - 3 sets/12 reps
***Definitely could have gone heavier.

BICEPS
Barbell Curls:
45# - 3 sets/12 reps
***These felt good but should have gone a tad heavier.

Alternate Hammer Curls w/Twist:
15's - 3 sets/12 reps
***Too light. Concentrated on each part of the movement. Got a nice burn.

ABS
Triset:
Twisting Bench Crunch
Wood Chops w/15# DB
Toes Up Hip Raises

***Did 3 sets/15 reps with 1 minute rest between each triset. The last exercise is a killer. By the 3rd set I was burning big time.

That is all.... :eek:

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Man, my muscles were twitching in my right quad so much last night..like some being was in there trying to escape! LMAO! I had a hard time sleeping with all the twitching and bubbling feeling and then the wind was bad too. Very amusing to say the least. hehe. Maybe I stayed on too long??? lol.

Today I am gonna work chest/back/abs and finish cleaning. I bought some miniature white rose bushes and trying to figure out where to put them.

Debbie,

Nice workout! Busting some moves there!

Patti,

Sounds like you had a good workout.

My workout is done. Today was STS Mesocycle 2 Disc 17 legs. I upped some of the weights today. Some of the exercises I noted last week to increase the weight. I then did Low Max Blasts premix, and 4Day Split Low Intensity Step Cardio and stretch. I finished off with Tracey's Yoga Solutions Post lower body weights premix. Calories burned during STS was 368, calories for cardio was 409. Total calories burned with the yoga was 844. I will come back and post my weights in awhile. Need to clean up while the grandbaby is napping.

Good Morning,:D

No workout this morning.:( I could not sleep last night, after watching the news, cried myself to sleep. The guy who killed his family including his mother, come on now. What could possible make a person do such a thing? All this bad news day after day has taken a toll on me, really. This morning I woke feeling like blah…blah…could not get it together. So much tragedy going on, it ridiculous WTF………….I'll get it together, tomorrow, will press play.

Nice Job Everyone! You guys are awesome:)

I woke up feeling very blessed today. Last night took the kids roller skating and got tripped. Landed really hard on my left knee and hand. In fact, when I first got up after the fall my left knee could not bear any weight at all. I thought I was domed. This morning though left hand is just badly bruised and knee will let me walk and do stairs. It will not allow me to bend to it 80 degrees or beyond and it wants absolutely no part in being responsible for lifting or lowering me into a seated position or to the floor (found that out lower myself into pullover position on the bench).

So anyway, today was suppose to be legs and shoulders, but was cancelled (the leg portion may have to be cancelled for the week) and instead I did Friday's Back & Biceps. Still did the cardioacceleration but the cardio 1 minute runs were not done as intensely.

Back
Dumbbell Row
10/10/10 -40's
Bent-Over SA DB Lat Pull
12/12 - 20's
15 - 15's
Dumbbell Pullover
15/15/15 - 40#

Biceps
Standing Dumbbell Curl
10/10/10 - 25's
Incline Dumbbell Curl
12/12 - 20's
15 - 15's (with a few extra on the left)

I started the cardio with HIS warmup through the first interval, then ended with the stretch from HIS modifing and stretch that required my leg to be bent. Workout was 45 minutes and calories burnd 436.

Teddy - And that exactly why I do not watch teh news or read the paper. I figure anything that I really need to know DH will tell me.

Teddygirl - You need to stop watching the news. I also seen that story and felt aweful about it. I don't watch the news much anymore, it's too depressing. So think about just skipping it if you can. Hope you feel better. {{{hugs}}}

Linda - I read about your fall yesterday and I'm glad to hear you are ok. Watch that knee, that is scary!! Nice workout. Aren't you still doing that weight/cardio stuff? Or did you change rotations?

Hey Maniacs! Well, so far with this time change, I have done nada in the mornings! I just can't get with it. I might just bag the week and start fresh on Monday Mornings again. Maybe I'll be adjusted by then. I will try and get a workout in later today IF nothing messes me up. Dh wants to go on a bike ride, so I'll probably go with him.

Teddy- WTF? Haven't heard that story yet. How aweful!

Patti- I too, am trying to find a balance with my eating. 5-6 meals a day, 3 meals a day, intermittent fasting, vegetarian, high protein, carb timing...blah, blah, blah... It's enough to drive someone mad!!!!!!! I'm totally screwed up now and am trying desperatly to find my "normal".

Great workouts everyone else!

Gotta run...work haunting me....

Linda - I read about your fall yesterday and I'm glad to hear you are ok. Watch that knee, that is scary!! Nice workout. Aren't you still doing that weight/cardio stuff? Or did you change rotations?

Debbie - Yup, still doing the weight/cardio stuff. That was the great thing about the knee this morning, that as long as I don't bend it too much it is pretty good. Some tightness/stiffness but no pain, so I was still able to do the cardio runs in between the sets,

Last night took the kids roller skating and got tripped. Landed really hard on my left knee and hand.

Wow, Linda, thank goodness it seems like you're going to be fine! Good to take it easy this week so you don't have any long term problems. I saw that rotation in M&F Hers last night and thought of you. Let me know what you think about it in terms of results- maybe I'll keep it in mind for later this year.

Teddy: Quit watching the news! I'm like Linda, I don't really watch either. I guess I'm not very informed on the world but most of the time, that's really OK with me. I like my bubble. You'll get back in the game. :)

My workout is done. Today was STS Mesocycle 2 Disc 17 legs.

Diane Sue: You're cruising right through STS. I think DH and I are going to repeat week 1 at least. I told him I thought he could use the extra time to get used to working out again and it didn't bother me to repeat. It isn't like I have anything else I'm itching to do right now and it saves me the trouble of figuring out what I need to do for a while. :)

Patti- I too, am trying to find a balance with my eating. 5-6 meals a day, 3 meals a day, intermittent fasting, vegetarian, high protein, carb timing...blah, blah, blah... It's enough to drive someone mad!!!!!!! I'm totally screwed up now and am trying desperatly to find my "normal".

Dallys: I could have written your post! I feel like my head is swimming with it! Honestly, I was eating more last summer and more foods that I liked, even processed ones. I LOOK THE SAME as I do right now and I have been eating much cleaner for the past 6 months. Not perfect, but much much better. I know it's probably healthier but we're talking vanity here. ;) Anyway, I am beginning to think that unless I go very very strict, things won't change too much more for me. I can't decide if I want to do that or just go back to being OK with where I am. Le sigh.

FOODS FOR TODAY

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 without banana (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Chicken stew; Orange
M5: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Talapia; salad w/Lite Vadalia dressing; Zone bar
M7: 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white

1801.5 calories
51 g. fat - 25%
178 g. protein - 39%
162 g. carbs - 36%

I may skip M7. If I do that brings me down to 1636 calories which would probably be better at this point. Depends on if I'm hungry at 8 or not. Last night I did well, I didn't get hungry at all after my 5 p.m. meal. I wanted to eat around 6 but was so hungry by 5 that I gave in.

Dallys: I could have written your post! I feel like my head is swimming with it! Honestly, I was eating more last summer and more foods that I liked, even processed ones. I LOOK THE SAME as I do right now and I have been eating much cleaner for the past 6 months. Not perfect, but much much better. I know it's probably healthier but we're talking vanity here. ;) Anyway, I am beginning to think that unless I go very very strict, things won't change too much more for me. I can't decide if I want to do that or just go back to being OK with where I am. Le sigh.

And I could have written your post.:) My "normal", what I'm trying to beat back into my head, was just eating healthy foods (ya feel good when you eat healthy), 3 meals a day with a snack if I feel the need, no worrying about macro this or carb that or protein schmotein. I used to never really worry about food EVER. I didn't eat a lot of junk, but when I did, I enjoyed it and went on with my day. Now, since I've been trying to eat higher protein and smaller meals throughout the day etc. (going on for a few years now) I'm all messed up in the head with food and I also look pretty much EXACTLY the same. Sure, I can get down to a lower body fat and look a bit better, but I can't stick to it day after day, it's ZERO fun and I wonder if it's really worth it? I just don't know. Told you, I'm all messed up. Oh! And when you look at people on the net who look really good and have like1% body fat, a year later you see them back to where they were and doing the new diet and workout of the week and trying to do it all over again. I see it again and again. It's rare that you see someone maintain that look for long.

K -I'm done now.:p

Hello Ladies - today I have clients in the am and pm. This morning I worked out some with my client - it was a boot camp type of circuit workout. I will try to do that with my evening client, and between all that I hope it is enough because that is all I will get done today.

I understand where you all are coming from with this time change and the diet thing! I am really struggling. I usually try to keep the calories around 17 or 1800 and the protein high, but I did a thing online and it says that for me to loose the lbs I want to loose I should only be eating 1300 calories. I think it is low. so I am lost again. I do ok during the week as long as I pack my meals. Yesterday it was a birthday here at the office and they ordered pizza - so I had to have some! I only ate 1 slice - and it was really good. Loaded with FAT!!

Hope you all are doing well and having a great day!

You guys are on point! Last night, as I was praying, Lord, I can’t watch or take this anymore, I can’t its killing me, so much violence in the world. I lost my mom 6 year ago (seems like yesterday) But for folks to kill there mother’s cold bloodedly is insane…. killing children and teens are the worst. I have 8 grandchildren, and I am constantly and I mean constantly drilling and teaching them “BEWARE” “WATCH” …..it is crazy. I’m going to stop right there! as of RIGHT NOW taking a break from all the news, even CNN.. Shit! I didn’t think of this until now, maybe, this is why I can not fall asleep at night. to much BS on the brain:eek::eek::eek:.

Last edited:
Meals today are:
1- pre workout 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1/4 cup yogurt, 1/2 scoop Gold Standard whey and 1 Tbs low sugar orange marmalade
2- 1 bar of Recipe I got from someone's site( www.livewell360.com ) on Muscle with Attitude taken from Gourmet Nutrition Pumpkin Pie Bars(these are really good, took 5 scoops of protein powder) I made them like the poster had made changes
3-Muscle Chow Ultimate Power Pasta (I left out the parmesan cheese and just used a little feta)
4- Baked Cod and Muscle Chow baked cauliflower
5-? I always reserve this meal for if I really am hungry

Workout today STS disc 17 legs Everything is 10 reps except calves

Triset#1 repeat 3 times
narrow stance squats dumbbells 36's
45 degree lunge 26# dumbbells
one leg sit and slide with gliding disc 26" dumbbell

Triset#2 repeat 3 times
static lunges dumbbells 36's
one leg slide back lunges with disc dumbbells 26's
plie squats alternating hands dumbbell 41#( This is up from last time I need to figure out how to heavy this up without taking a lot of time switching weight plates during the triset)

Triset #3 repeat 3 times
squats wide stance 41# dumbbells(this is up from last week)
1 leg elevated lunges dumbbell high step 1 set 27#, 2 sets 32#
wide stance deadlift (I used a barbell) 92#

3 sets one leg calf raises I lowered these this time to 26# 20 reps
this was too easy but last week I did 36# and my leg was shaking. Next time somewhere in between maybe.

Hey everyone! You all are getting in some great workouts! I have plyometrics and HIIT scheduled for today.

So I got some really great news yesterday...I had applied for a transfer to a different school in my distirct for next school year and the board approved it last night. It is only 5 minutes from my house and 500 less students! :) Very happy. AND one of my VP's will be taking over as principal here at my current school. So I know I am leaving them in good hands!

Linda....so glad you are doing ok after your fall last night.

I think sticking with the right diet to help build muscle does make a difference. But I think the secret is to take days off from the strict diet otherwise I tend to look like one of my dogs when they are begging for food:p I need to get going here. Have to pickup grandson then take him to our church for AWANA's. I will have the grandbaby late as my dd got an award at her school and the staff is having a dinner for her to celebrate.

Linda, so sorry about your fall. Hopefully it won't take you to long to heal back up.

Sonya, congratualations on the job transfer.

Teddy, I can't get away from the news. DH is home and watches it off and on all day. It can sure be depressing.

Patty, I think doing the first week is a good idea. I was really tempted to myself just because I was starting to get a feel for what Cathe was doing.

Sonya: Killer Abs :eek:and a transfer;) Congratulations, and ^5 :rolleyes:

Diane: Cathe's workout? Dang, I need to caught up with you woman, you rocked it:D BTW can you walk:eek:

Diane: I couldn't help but go to that site and this is the article I found and this lovely body. Now that's hot!

Whether the issue is fat loss, muscle gain, or even money, relationships, or career, any type of windfall solution could end up doing more harm than good. We must remember that in this new, supposedly “fixed” scenario, we’re still bringing ourselves with us.
Yes, Y-O-U, the person who created the issues that need to be fixed in the first place. You might think that outside factors like heredity, age, or time are your problems, and if you could only fix these things, then all your problems would be solved. But to truly change the results in your life for the long run, you must change the root cause for the issue, and the bottom-line cause in any situation is you.
Many people want to change things they’re not happy with, but they’re unwilling to change themselves. This is why we go looking for solutions outside ourselves, because we believe that this magical switch will allow us to receive automatic results without first doing the work on ourselves.
When we do this, we’re ignoring the fact that an outside influence isn’t going to be able to solve an inside issue. It’s a Band-Aid, and will only magnify the problem in the long run rather than fix it. In many ways, by relying on the quick fix solution, we’re setting ourselves up for failure.
image005.png

Permanent, effective changes start from within.​
When we focus on just getting the problem fixed, without learning exactly how to create the solution in the first place, we’re not equipping ourselves with the right tools and mindset that will allow us to maintain that result for the long term.
As the saying goes, it’s the journey, not the destination.
That journey from where we are now to where we want to be is what’s important. Granted, the journey can sometimes be uphill, facing some of our biggest fears along the way, but that’s where we’ll find the solution. It’s where we find ourselves. It’s where we become the person who’s strong enough to handle that solution once we achieve it.
The Importance of Doing It Yourself

If someone did hand you your ideal body, you wouldn’t even know what to do with it or, more importantly, how to maintain it. However, if you found your own way there, after going down that bumpy road riddled with troubleshooting and lessons learned, then you’re going to be equipped with the ability to produce that solution again and again, no matter what’s thrown in your path.
When Band-Aid-type solutions drop in our lap, we never have to address or adjust our mindset, and it’s our mindset that sets up success. As a society, we tend to look at others, particularly celebrities and professional athletes, and think, “Well, if I had the resources (time, money, personal trainers, personal chefs, etc.) that they have, I’d reach my goals too. No doubt about it!”

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.