Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 2/9

Hi everyone! I'm back and feel awesome!!! Hope you all had a great weekend!

Ok, I'm starting my leaning out process now. Got a long ways to go. My stats are:

136 pounds !!! :eek:

20.2% body fat!!! :eek:

Goal is 125-128 pounds; 15-17% body fat. Preferrably 15%.

I'm doing a rotation I got from the M&F Hers Magazine. I am changing it to fit the way I want it to work. Basically it has you doing weights 6 days a week with hardly any cardio. I like that plan, but don't want to do cardio on my off day which is how they have it laid out.

So this is how I will do it:

Monday: Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Tuesday: Legs; Cardio
Wednesday: Back, Biceps
Thursday: Cardio
Friday: Chest, Shoulders, Tri's
Saturday: Back, Biceps
Sunday: Rest

I'm hoping this will be ok. They have you workout out 3 days on 1 day off but I like Sunday's off and don't want to change that.

I'll tweak it as I go along.

Todays workout:

Got on the treadmill for 10 minutes for my warmup. Never done this before, it felt good. Just did a light jog.

CHEST
Bench Press:
65# - 15/15 (warmup)
80# - 10
82# - 10
85# - 8

Incline Dumbbell Press:
30's - 10
32's - 10
35's - 9

SHOULDERS
Arnold Press:
12's - 15/15 (warmup)
15's - 10
17's - 10
20's - 8
***Was careful with these. Rotator cuff still tight.

Lateral Raise:
8's - 10/10/10
***Wimpy, I know. This exercise really bothers my rotator cuff and today was no exception. Very frustrating.

TRICEPS
Close Grip Barbell Press:
55# - 15/15
60# - 10
62# - 10
65# - 10
***Love this exercise!!!

Lying Tricep Extensions:
45# - 10
47# - 10
50# 9
***Love this one too!!!

That is all...

Felt awesome to workout again!! :D

Debbie

You take a week off.
You are not fat girl..
I am heading down to do disk 2 of meso 1..
and i am tweaking and doing 30 min on the recumberant bike.
I don't get the rest day in between when you are working different muscle groups..
Off to print a sheet.

Good morning! Hey everyone! I did Muscle Max abs and Gym Styles Legs today- I've been doing legs twice a week and this workout every Monday. I really like it and like that I've been able to focus on it this rotation. I feel like that has really helped me push myself. I used the squat rack today for the first time- much better than trying to lift weight over my head.

Standing Leg Work
Squats- 3 sets of 16 / 75#
Squats- Bonus reps- 75#
Front Lunges- 2 sets / 15s
Bonus reps- 15s
Rear Lunges- 15s
Plie Squats- 2 sets / vest + 27.5s
--I need to use the BB for these I think- the DBs are kind of awkward at this weight
Leg Press Band- 2 sets / Purple band + 5 risers
Deadlift toes elevated- 75#
Deadlift on platform- 75#
--I'm not sure how I can go heavier with these- hurts my arm joints to hold the weight
Slow motion lunges- 11.25s
--I keep inching the weight up on these- killer. But in doing them every week, it's been a bit easier.
Calf raises- no weight

Floor work
Did it all using purple band

Debbie: So good to see you posting a weight workout again. :) I like the look of that rotation- is that the one Dallys had? I have it but only glanced through it. It might be my post STS project, especially if you post that you like it. :)

Since Debbie posted weight, I will fess up to 139- I'm not unhappy with this (I'm 5'9"), but I would prefer 135ish. My BF is good though, at 15%, so I don't know if I can get the weight any lower without major sacrifice. And um, not going to give up dairy or anything crazy like that. :p

Last edited:
Hey all -

Debbie - so glad to read that you are healed!

Diane Sue - I read over the weekend that you have the flu...and worked out the day you found out?!! You amaze me. Hope you are feeling much better.

Charlotte- I read your response about Bobby. Has he had any more passing out spells? Good grief - poor guy. Here's hoping that he is doing much better and that there has been no more passing out!

I was going to start STS today. My 1RMs are almost finished - just need probably another 15-20 min or so. Spring Break will fall on my rest week if I wait until next week to start, though, so that is what I'm going to do. This week will be light, endurance weight workouts, lots of abs, and cardio. I am going to finally try my yoga dvd too. My hiney is so sore from those 1RMs - can't imagine what STS will bring!! I did what I could to turn the testing into an actual workout - fun, different, and apparently effective :)

Shana: I went a sports medicine place and they did a caliper test for $20- on the 3 site formula, I had BF of 15.37%. On the 4 site formula, I had BF of 12.3%. At home, I use an Accu-Measure one site test. It isn't as accurate (I suppose) but it tells me the trend.

Patti - thank you. I should have mine tested, or at least get some calipers for here. I ordered CTX for a friend and I think that it comes with some - figured I would try those and go from there. They are certainly not going to be terribly accurate! I really have no idea what mine is. I had it done a long time ago but can't even remember the number.

Shana: Yes, CLX comes with a set of the calipers and I have some others, too. I have no idea where from, though. :) But yes, I've been using the pair that came with my CLX to track the trend. I'll go get it done again maybe this summer after STS just to see if it has changed. Like I said, I'm not sure I will be able to get it much lower without significant sacrifice. I already eat very well, so if I do more than that, I'm setting myself up for bad choices.

Sts

Disk 2..
Not a bad workout. Of course i probably could go alot heavier, but not worth the risks right now.
I am feeling a burn so that is enough for now
I am able to do the lat pull downs. I have a Suzanne Sommers door band setup. I could probably do them off the treadmill..

Deb, what did you do?? Rotator Cuff is not funny..

Have a great day ladies...

Shana - I use a pair of AccuMeasure calipers. They aren't on the mark accurate, but they at least tell me where I'm at, ballpark.

Anne - So good to see you again!!! And I didn't workout for 2 weeks, not just 1. :eek:

Morning :D:)

I am just getting to work, I could not get my big butt out of bed this morning to save my life. How's everyone this Monday? I'm good:) I had a very busy weekend. Went to Strongsville Mall with my girlfriend whom I never shopped with. To make a long story short she's an eater. Meaning after you shop, we eat. I ended up with bourbon chicken & mango chicken, rice and cabbage. For dessert 'ooooooooh boy' I brought two cinnamon bun with extra nuts ooooh boy, I ate one frooze the ohter, when we got home I had 2 beers:cool: I had too really dig deep to complete this workout.

workout was CC#8

Stats
440 cals burned
4.14 miles travelled
60:00 minutes

Last edited:
Patti - I didn't know you had CTX! Are you doing any parts of it???

Debbie - I have read about the AccuMeasure calipers. Those are the ones that stick in my head for some reason - I know BFFM mentions several. I'll probably get some just to track and get an idea.

Anybody have any lifting strap/hook things? These were posted on the STS forum: http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/altus-power-weight-lifting-hooks.html I need something like this. If you have any faves, please let me know.

Also, about pace weights. I have some ankle/wrist weights that are small - not bulky at all - and range in weight from maybe 1 to 2.5 or something like that. Would those serve the same purpose (other than losing the ability to go in .5 lb increments? Or is it 1lb increments to keep the weight balanced on each end of the DB? I'm confused on that.

Thanks in advance~

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Ya'll so chatty already and I am not gonna be able to catch up much! Starting my Toasty Rotation today, but with some carefulness. I am feeling much better with the neck/shoulder, but there is still some pinching and achiness going on there so I may substitute plyo's inbetween the circuit work with just getting on my elliptical.

Shana,

Bobby has a few coughing spells now, but they are only like 3 a day or something, but it is still bad when he does cough, but not blacking out. He is sleeping more thru the night too. Seems like when the weather warms up and it gets windy it will aggravate the condition more or when he talks for a long amount of time. He says he still feels like he is not rested enough, but probably because the lungs still have some junk in it..just my guess. Thanks for asking. I need to do some yoga too. I really really do! I have to squeeze it in..MUST!

Anne,

So glad to see you back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your picture too!

Patti,

Very good workout!

Debbie,

Nice workout you did. You did really good as usual!

Shana: Are we on the same wavelength today or WHAT? I just ordered Versa Gripps- expensive yes, but I saved Christmas money to buy a few things for STS. I just researched this on the forums and people swear by these. I think Linda has a pair?

http://www.versagripps.com/

As for CLX, I was going to get started, but then STS arrived. I can't just do half and didn't want to wait that long for STS, so it is a post STS project. I think I have enough lined up to keep me busy into 2010.

Morning Ladies!

Debbie - I love your goals - I am doing the same sort of thing, increasing cardio a bit - trying to drop BF. I have been using the omron gizmo that you hold. I met a lady who said that it gave her the same reading as the hydrostatic testing, so i though it would be pretty good. It measures my trends I suppose.

Saturday was hill run. Sunday was P90X + total body. - Like this workout. Fast pace and challenging.

Today was incline walk on TM with 14lb vest.

have a great day everyone.

Char

Yeah sweet cheeks. I am back in the saddle.
Been so dam buisy . I have to take time for me..
Deb, did you see a doc for it??? You don't want to tear it.
You will be down a long time..

Anyone else into Dr. House.
I work 2-7 or 8 then it is house time.
Get on the bike and watch my fav miserable prick..LOL..

Char, i finally an figuring out how this site is working.
Haven't been on long enough to figure it all out , but i am slowly..
Hello everone..
Hey my driveway finally melted..
I am so sick of snow and the cold..
Well gotta get a bath and get my arse to work..I am looking pretty gross right now.LOL...
Take care all

Dallys and Linda

I just received Newport, what would be a good weight for me to start with 15’s or 20’s. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Nice workouts everyone! :eek: :eek:

Foods for today:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/ strawberries & banana (pre workout)
M2: Same as M1 but with only strawberries (post workout)
M3: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M4: Turkey patty on 1 slice whole wheat bread; 1 tbsp. raw almonds; Clementine
M5: Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M6: Parmesan Talapia; salad w/lite Italian dressing
M7: 2 whole eggs, 1 egg white w/spinach souffle & 1 tbsp. parm cheese

1754 calories (can eat up to 1904)
57.5 g. fat - 29%
168 g. protein - 38% :D Thank you Pro Pudding!
145 g. carbs - 33%

I like the breakdown. I need to shoot for at least 136 g. of protein a day and it says to keep your carbs at 55% which it is low today and I feel like I will be eating a lot of carbs today. This is good!

Hi all!

Debbie...Glad to have ya back in the game. Killer workout! :eek: I purchased CC #5-8. Did challenge 1 on CC #7 on Saturday....love these workouts!
Patti...you lifted some heavy weights today girl!!!!!!!

Hello to rest of you maniacs!

I did legs yesterday but didn't have time to post as we had to take DS to airport.

Squats: 65# warm-up -10, 95# 8/8/8
Lying Hamstring Curl: 35# 8/8/8
Bulgarian Split Squat: 45# (wore 15# vest w/15#db) 8/8/8
Leg Extension: 70# 8/8/8
Plie Squats: 80# 8/8/8--4 ct low ends 4x
Deadlifts: toes elevated 70# 8/8/8
Slow Motion Lunges: 10#
Calf Raises: elvated-oes reg/in/out - 32/16 and floor 15# db /48
Fire Walkers: w/ medium band - OUCH!
Standing Leg Extension: w/ tubing - 10/10/10
Glute Squeezes: on stability ball
Glute Raises: on stability ball
Fire Walkers: w/ medium band

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.