Hardcore Fitness Maniac Hotties for 1/9

orphylea

Cathlete
I guess I'll start us today! Good morning! PS legs and abs- done!

I did go a bit heavier on some of the exercises so I’m happy about that. I only think I’m going to go up 5lb. at a time, just to make sure I don’t get injured. Plus, I have to worry about my knees and the left one was a bit weird today. Anyway, this was a good workout. My favorite leg workout is still GS, but this was good too.

Strong Legs & Abs
Warm up front lunges, 1x8 each side- 10’s
Warm up back lunges, 1x8 each side- 10’s

Front lunges, 1x8 each side- 17.5’s
Back lunges, 1x8 each side- 17.5’s
--I did these a bit slower than Cathe

Static lunges, 2x16- 50# BB
- This was an increase in weight for me- next time 55# I think

Alternating side lunges, 1x32- 25# BB
--I didn’t like the step outs, so I kept them in place
Plie squats, 1x16, 1x8 3 count hold, 1x8- 45# BB

Step ups, 2x12- 15’s
--I used 6 risers on my high step and went a bit slower than Cathe

Squats, 1x16, 1x4 3 count hold, 1x8- 55#BB
-- Again, this was heavier than I have ever gone with squats. Yay!
Sit and stand, 1x10- 55#BB
--Holy night, these were tough. I used 6 risers again.

Dead lift, 2x12, 60#BB

Calf raises- no weight, did them off the edge of the step top

Inner thigh- 5# AW and then no weight
--I don’t know why these killed me but I had NO STRENGTH for these
Outer thigh- 5# AW

Double hamstring raises- 15 # bar
--I actually have one of these body bar things for a few of my step workouts
Single hamstring raises- no weight

Abs
--Very old school ab workout

Have a great Friday everyone! I like legs on Fridays, don't know why...

Morning :D

Patti: You are working it, nice job:)

This morning, I did CC#8

Stats:
60:00 minutes
4:26 miles travelled
476 cals burned

Morning Ladies! Great workouts!!!

Today I did pyramid upper body. All sets 12/10/8/10/12

Chest:
flyes - 12/15/20/15/12
presses - 12/15/20/15/12

Back:

double arm rows - 15/20/25/20/15

Shoulders - these really hurt today for some reason - will feel it tomorrow for sure
rear delt flyes
front raise
lateral raise
3/5/8/5/8 I struggled with the last two sets of 10 and 12

Triceps:
kick backs - 10/12/15/12/10
overhead press 12/15/20/15/12

Biceps:

curls - 10/12/15/12/10
hammer curls 10/12/15/12/10

I felt very strong today and did really well. I need to do more cardio, but don't know if I will be able to fit it in.

Take care everyone!

Good morning!

Awesome job this morning ladies!

Last night I did GS Legs, matching Cathe's weight. But she didn't mention what she did for deads, so I added to my bar and did #50. I wish I would have gone heavier. I'm not sore...yet. But it was tough at times, especially those little lunges with ONLY FIVE POUNDS!!!!! Good grief! I might have to go heavier for some of it though. It sure is a good workout. I was sweating and I usually don't sweat when I lift.

This morning I did Spinervals Enter the Red Zone on the bike - 58 mins and 22 secs. It was tough, especially after doing legs last night. So yup, I've officially started training for cycling season. Balance out the window! :p

Gotta get in the shower...

Have a great day everyone. I'll try to pop in. I have a big report to get done today and then leaving at 2:30ish to get my shoulder stretched then have to come home and do biceps and chest.

WTG Ally! PUB is tough- the biceps always get to me. :)

Teddygirl: I need to get CC#8- actually I need A LOT more CCs- I only have #1 and #3, but love them both. I'm just in a step phase right now so I don't use CC that much. But I will eventually.

Debbie: I made my own version of the protein pancakes you posted the other day and they were terrific! Thanks for reminding me. I forgot I had that recipe. :) Thanks also for posting your Oxygen article- very cool to see you in there. You certainly have earned it.

I forgot to post my stats with my favorite new toy! I burned 481 calories, 45% from fat.

Food is on my mind these days. I have come a long way from the Weight Watchers days, when all I was focused on was total intake and calories. I no longer eat boxed food like I used to- much more whole foods and I make sure I get plenty of protein. I've read Tosca Reno's book and like some of her concepts. I like PN too and keep those concepts in mind. I don't want to get completely consumed by it but just wondered what should be my focus or approach if I'm looking to gain some muscle. My BF is fine, around 15%- would I like it be lower? Well, maybe a bit, but I don't know if it is practical. My BMI is 20ish, so that's healthy. I probably tend to eat too few calories these days, but with my low RMR I am conservative.

Anyway, thoughts are appreciated. I don't want to spend a lot of time and energy working out if I'm unknowingly sabotaging myself with diet.

Suz: We posted at the same time! Aren't those GS slow lunges k-i-l-l-e-r? Glad you liked it! As for balance, I'm not so good at it either. ;)

This morning was legs and I'm telling you, it was all I could do to get my butt started. I had no desire to do leg work today plus I've been batteling a headache for 3 days now. Damn PMS!!!

Today was Pure Strength Legs & Abs. I have a confession: I HATE floor work for legs. So I skipped it but one exercise. Three reasons I hate floor work: 1. Hurts my knees for some reason. 2. Hurts my hips for some reason. 3. I just hate doing it. And today I have time restraints so that was a good reason to skip most of it. :D

LEGS
Front/Back Lunges w/u: 15's – 8 reps each leg front & back
Front Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Back Lunges: 25's – 8 reps each leg
Static Lunges: 65# – 2 sets/16 reps
Plie Squats w/u: 25# DB – 32 reps
***Was suppose to use a body bar but I don't have one. This exercise is stupid, Cathe does them side to side. I used one DB and just did them stationary.
Plie Squats: 45# DB - 16 reps/8 static holds/8 singles
Step Ups w/ 4 Risers: 15's – 2 sets/12 reps
Squats: 65# - 16 singles/4 static holds/8 singles
Sit & Stands w/ 6 Risers: – 55# - 10 reps
***These just kill. She does them really slow and holds a low stance for 8 counts. Killer!
Qtr. Deadlifts: 55# - 2 sets/12 reps
Calf Raises: – 3 sets/32 reps each set.
Inner Thigh Raises
***Skipped.
Outer Thigh Raises
***Skipped.
Hmstring Presses w/2 risers: 15# bar in lap/54 reps
***Did these, they burned big time.
One Leg Press w/2 risers
***Skipped these, they hurt my knee.

ABS
Pure Strength Legs Ab Workout
***Don't like this too much, kind of boring. But my abs are still VERY sore from Tuesdays ab workout. This was hard for me to even do this morning.

That is all...

I'm running late and have no time for personals today. :( Hope you all have a great Friday! Nice workouts so far everyone!!! :eek:

Well, darn! I wish my workout was finished!! I'll get on it here soon.

Patti - where did Debbie post the article? I did not see that - how cool! I just noticed the other day, when using my Blackberry to go check the forum, that she had been in the magazine. I wish the BB would not show all of that stuff every time a person posts b/c it takes up so much space on the page - oh well - technology. Here I am complaining about that...who would ever have even thought a few years ago that we could access the internet from our phones in the first place. Congrats on going heavier. That always feels nice. Do you have Slow and Heavy?

Teddygirl - nice workout. I love #8. The music is so nice - I pretend to be at the beach :)

Suz -welcome to training, girl! I posted something back to you on yesterday's thread about San Antonio.

Ally - I love PUB - you really rocked on the tricep kickbacks!! Wow. I was with you up to that one! :eek:

Hellos to all later in the day! I have to workout, clean house (again - must...clean...every...day!), and then get to a meeting at work.

Morning Maniacs! I'm getting ready to do CLX Burn circuit #3 in just a bit.
It's lightly snowing and it's pretty cold and windy. Nothing worse than wind when it's cold, brrrrrrrrrrr! I got my "no fear fitness" kettlebell DVD, so I'm going to watch some of that. It's a live workshop, so I'll see if I can make any kind of a workout out of it.

Toasty- I got mail! Thanks!

Patti-
I glad I'm not the only one that gets sucked in the crappy tv.:p I have limits too, that' why I stopped watching Bromance. I'm trying real hard not to get sucked into that Rock of Love bus tour one. Bret Micheals is such a slut!

Teddy- Great job on CC#8. I need to get that one.

Suz- I just got a great book that I think you would like. It's called "Complete Medical Guide for Cyclists" by Andy Pruitt. He's worked with Lance and a lot of the other greats. It has a lot of info. on knee problems (since I know your's bothers you) and what to do about it. It's talks about all the injuries and problems that cyclists get. It also really stresses base training! So, no pressure there.:p

Ashumate-
Glad you are feeling strong today. Nice workout!:D

ETA: Posted the same time as Shana and Debbie...Hi guys!:)

Last edited:
Hey Debbie - you posted while I was writing. I dread floorwork but then don't mind it once I get started. The single leg rollouts in one of the DVDs kills my knees so I always keep with double legs. I agree with you - if you hate it every time, then don't do it!

I'm such an oddball. I love floor work. I fell in love when Susan Harris from the Firm tried to kill me with it. Remember that? It was murder and know one has ever come up with anything better!:eek:

Hi Dallys - you posted while I was writing - twice in a row that happened to me! I never did The Firm - floor work is deceptive though - that much I know! I love the way it seems easy b/c you aren't using weights, or at least not much but then...wow - it gets you. My problem is dreading it b/c in my head, it lasts about an hour:p I'm fine as soon as I get started and think about the good it will do my legs :)

Patti - do you have the PN program or just follow its 7 rules? I am so on the fence about that one. I don't want a lot of info that I already know but would love the cookbooks I think, and maybe some of the shakes for variety although I tend to be lazy when it comes to fixing food and would probably prefer to down my protein shake and water mixed with a spoon for about 5 seconds. I do want to try the green shakes though.

Shana- I've tried the Green shakes (from Metabolism Advantage). I used the Green Plus stuff or whatever it's called and it was HORRIBLE, ekk, phooey! It's much better to just add real greens. I put a couple of handfuls of spinach in all my shakes. It's wonderful that way.

Ok, I've GOT to go workout now....

Dallys - yes, that is what I mean by green shakes - make my own with spinach and other goodies. I think the mixes and bottled stuff would be potentially horrid. I do madly love Mix1 drinks though.

Oh - I forgot to mention - those ball rollouts with one leg - OMG!!!! I thought I might die!!! I don't really like floor work either b/c I don't really feel it but those - YIKES!!!!! I wanted to cry.

Ally - I hope you meant that the shoulder work hurt as in "tough" and not that you're going to start having shoulder issues like the rest of us! Great job today!

Patti - I couldn't believe how 5 pounds could really be so painful!!! You'll love CC#8. It's all hills. I LOVE to climb! I get so addicted to that one and do it over and over and over.

Shana - I need to go read your post about San Antonio. Thanks! And I forgot to tell you what Spinervals I'm getting two of the new ones: Spinervals 27.0 - Threshold Test & Suffer Fest, 29.0 - Dropping the Hammer! and then I'm getting an older one called HiLLacious. One of the gals I ride with used it last year to train and she said it made a huge difference on her hill climbing ability.

Dallys - Welcome to my life - wind with the cold weather! :p Andy Pruitt is the guy who started the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine where I went for all of my testing last year. That book definitely sounds like something I need! I had read that it was an e-book. Is it now a regular book? My knee started out a little funky this morning but then it got better as I went along. Yay! Hmmm..well, on the base training DH and our friend said that since I've kept up with my cardio I should be good. I'll have to read up on that. I do know that I need to cool it a bit though on my intensity on some of my rides now. :mad:

Oooo - look at me not working on my report! It's due TODAY!

Enablers - all of you! I now have 3 new Spinervals videos coming and one new book on cycling. Sheesh! :p

Ok, here's my workout. I did Burn Circuit #3 and then watched No fear fitness and did the joint mobility, deadlift, and swing segments (30 min.). She instructs (since it is a clinic workshop) and I just did dead lifts and swings the whole time she moved around the group...wore me out too! The joint mobility goes all the way through with no pauseing for instruction. I then did Karen Voights Yoga Flow. Workout was 1 hr. 30 min.
The No fear Fitness DVD gave me some great tips. I think I'll learn a lot from it. One tip that helped a lot was tighening your thighs not just your glutes as you do the hip snap on swings. Looked like the guys just could not do a good hip snap to save their lives!:)

Burn Circuit #3 – 12 reps with a slow 4x4 count (Chalene goes heavier on some of this. Who knew the little Turbo Jammer was so strong? She used 35's on the ones I used 20's.)

Sumo Squat w/overhead press -15’s
Lunge w/calf raise – 20’s
Squat w/lateral raise – 10’s
Lunge w/frontal press - 12’s
Squat w/calf raise - 20’s
Sumo squat w/delt raise - 10’s
Squat w/overhead press 15’s
10 sec. rest before breakdown set
Overhead press 3x12’s 8x8 count
Lunge w/lateral raise 10’s
Pushups 3 reps w/ 4x4 count
Sumo squat w/calf raise 20’s
Sumo squat 3 reps 20’s 8x8 count[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
Dallys - yes, that is what I mean by green shakes - make my own with spinach and other goodies. I think the mixes and bottled stuff would be potentially horrid. I do madly love Mix1 drinks though.

Good! The real stuff is much better than the powder. Plus, the green powder is so expensive. It tastes like the hay pellets I feed my horses sometimes.:eek:What is the Mix1 drink? Is this something I need, lol?

OMG....I type my post but when I preview it it all runs together. I have not changed any of my settings so what's the deal? I am so frustrated! it won't even let me insert the "mad" face! (or any otehr smilies.Can anyone help???????????I will post it so you can see what I am talking about.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.